Cena vs Hogan?

Shawn

Dark Match Winner
So i had heard the rumor that Cena vs Hogan was in talks a few years ago at Wrestlemania 25.now while i'm not sure if this would have been a good idea at this time because of Hogans personal issues in 2009 but maybe, or what if they could have done this match a year or 2 before. However the main point to this thread is would you have liked to seen the match at all.

I personally would have loved to saw this match. It really wouldnt matter to me what year it happened(obviously this match would have to take place at Wrestlemania) i would just have enjoyed it. At this point, anytime Hogan steps into the ring it is a bad thing (despite the fact he is going to at BFG), but i would have to loved to see this match a few years ago. I know this match wouldnt be the greatest "wrestling match", but the enviroment and the experience of it would just be electric. Imagine SuperCena vs SuperHogan, the cenation vs hulkamania, the face of today vs the face of yesterday this would just be pure entertainment. The buildup (if done right) could just be awesome. Plus, the WWE could make tons of money off this with all the Cena and Hogan merchandise they could sale. personally i would have loved to see this happen.

So my question to you is
Would you have like to see this match happen?
and for the sake of discussion when do you think would have been the best time to do it?

Of course everybody would've loved to have seen this, it's this generations Hulk Hogan vs. Hogan himself and Wrestlemania 25 was the right time. I mean by that time Cena had pretty much faced everyone in the WWE, so he needed a new opponent and what did he get when Hogan backed out? Big Show & Edge, two guys he fought millions of times already. Also it was the 25th anniversary, 5th & 10th anniversary cards should always have really special main events, something which the WWE didn't do with WM's 10 & 25.

Or maybe he could've faced him at WM 23, Shawn Michaels wasn't originally scheduled to face Cena and Hogan was supposed to be on the card to face Big Show but Show left the WWE by that point, so they could've just easily booked Cena vs. Hogan there or they could've at Wrestlemania 24 since Cena also faced two guys he faced off against a bunch of times already. But to me, either 23 or 25 seems like the best time since Cena didn't really face Orton & HHH as much as he did Edge & Big Show by the time he faced them.

I think everyone would have enjoyed the hype behind the match itself however I tuly feel this match would end up flopping incredibly and in the end be a big dissapointment. I think PPV buys would increase like crazy though because quite frankly everyone knows Hulk Hogan. However with everything being said I think at the end of the day how would everyone react to Hogan loosing? Remember that back then John Cena had still not lost at Mania. Personally I would be excited to see it, but I feel the Backlash from it just wouldn't be good because overall there would be a lot of disappointment.

oh it would be epic i can picture it now:
the match would go on for hours due to constant no selling and back and forth 5 moves of doom over and over until someone interferes and puts the live crowd out of their misery.
seriously tho, i would not like to see this only because hogan wouldnt want to put over cena, who clearly would deserve it at this point, and cena in turn being the nice guy that he is, would gladly put over one of his childhood heroes, which should never happen, so i am glad it fell through.

This match would have been epic no matter when it was done. Hogan can barely do anything in the ring these days, but a match against Cena would have been almost as big of a deal as Hogan's match against The Rock in 2002. Cena would need to win the match due to the importance of passing the torch. Hogan would have nothing to gain from winning. I'd definitely want to see it and Wrestlemania 25 would have been perfect as it would have been a legend from the past VS top face of the present and in a match at a show billed as "The 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania". Past and present collide. It would have been amazing. Now it might be too late with Hogan being unable to work a good match, plus Cena VS The Rock is coming up and is a much bigger deal in my opinion.

The match itself would be huge, but for a few reasons I don't see this ever happening...

1)Hogan cannot physically wrestle anymore. It's not like he ever could, but now he's even worse, so to entertain him limping around for one more match is ludicrous. Besides, they pretty much missed the boat at WM 25, so I can't see them wrestling.

2)Hogan always seems to win over younger guys when he returns. This would be the main reason I wouldn't wanna see the match take place. Hogan has a knack for winning, despite not deserving it or gaining anything from it. Just ask HBK or Randy Orton. Both carried their respective fueds, but in the end Hogan won like always. I'm not the biggest Cena fan, but for him to lose would crap all over the future. Hogan always seems to be shortsided as far as long term vision. C'mon Hulkster, Andre did it for you, now it's time to pass the torch to the future and retire with some dignity.

Needless to say, if this match were to occur, no doubt fans would go wild, but I have my doubts about it. If he can't go and won't put Cena over, then to me him returning isn't worth the time or effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back