Cena Region, Melbourne Subregion, Second Round: (5) Randy Orton vs. (21) Samoa Joe

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Orton

• Samoa Joe

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, Melbourne Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia.

300px-Rod_laver_arena_by_night.jpg

randy-orton-pose-645x370-1418284946.jpg

#5. Randy Orton

Vs.

220px-Samoa_Joe_at_Smash_2015.jpg

#21. Samoa Joe

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Man, this is a match I would love to see in the near future.

I'm going to vote Samoa Joe. I love them both as they are very good wrestlers. Randy Orton will win if it's all about accomplishments because he has a lot of accolades in a long career in WWE. On the other hand, Samoa Joe didn't get as many accolades in TNA as he should've.

Both are good in the ring but I think that Joe is better. On mic skills, Joe is again better. Not to forget that Orton did become somewhat stale in significant part of his career.

Vote Joe because "Joe's gonna kill you" along with Orton.

Orton's just better in every aspect. When allowed to talk, Orton's great (think burning down Wyatt's house and the Brock promo before Summerslam). I think they're roughly even in the ring, though. Orton, however, has been a much bigger deal on a much bigger stage than Joe. Orton wins.

Aw man... i love Joe, but Orton has this in the bag.

Lets face it, over the last 13yrs Randy has been on top, and for good reason, the dude is amazing in the ring. I am not saying Joe isnt, I just think with accomplishments and wrestling ability, also with the reignited crazed viper gimmick in recent weeks, Randy seems to be back to his best.

Joe's time will come but for now, Randy has my vote.

I hate Orton, and I hate myself even more for voting for him here.

It's been discussed exactly what should influence a vote. Should you go with who would actually win the match, or with who is better overall?

I vote for whomever I think would win the actual match. It'd be silly to associate a location and arena otherwise.

These two men have an equal amount of potential in my opinion, they're both mean as hell and they play no-nonsense characters who take what they want regardless of the greater good or the desires of the fans.

What's forcing me to vote for Randy is his finishing move, which while it's been watered down over time, it's still no less a viable finisher that's proven to be effective when utilized as a reversal to an ordinary move. Randy catches his opponents in a moment of shock and surprise, and by the time they realize what happened the ref has already counted three.

Vote Randy.

I think ultimately the legend of Samoa Joe will outweigh the sustained WWE career of Orton which is why I gave him the nod.

I hate Orton, and I hate myself even more for voting for him here.

It's been discussed exactly what should influence a vote. Should you go with who would actually win the match, or with who is better overall?

I vote for whomever I think would win the actual match. It'd be silly to associate a location and arena otherwise.

These two men have an equal amount of potential in my opinion, they're both mean as hell and they play no-nonsense characters who take what they want regardless of the greater good or the desires of the fans.

What's forcing me to vote for Randy is his finishing move, which while it's been watered down over time, it's still no less a viable finisher that's proven to be effective when utilized as a reversal to an ordinary move. Randy catches his opponents in a moment of shock and surprise, and by the time they realize what happened the ref has already counted three.

Vote Randy.
Hey buddy, What's up? Sun, I guess. :p

I can see why you voted for Randy. I agree that his finisher is very outta-no-where. But, so is Samoa Joe's Coquina Clutch. Just imagine Orton trying to RKO and it's the perfect setup for Joe to reverse it into his destroying submission maneuver.

Also, I see that Orton is already winning this match easily. Something to add. He didn't get what he should've in TNA. I guess that he's just a one time World Champion? Damn.

Still vote Samoa Joe since he has always been entertaining while Orton did enter a stale mode in his career.

Joe is toast.

Come back after you win a main roster belt or two.

Randy Orton is a legend. Now. Not when he hangs it up, he should be called one now. The guy has it all & the body count continues to rise. If anyone is getting killed it is Joe when he goes up against Orton. Every big name has thought they could take Randy out and all have fallen. He will take whatever beating Joe dishes out & then strike when the time is right- picking apart the Samoan juggernaut until he hits that sweet ass RKO or just kicks him in the fucking head.

Randy Orton pretty much has perfect wrestler genetics, unlike Joe. The fact that Joe has managed to make himself a big deal stems from the fact that he is an absolute war horse. To make it to the main roster in a spot like his at his age can only happen due to phenomenal talent. Orion probably will win, and I understand why, I just think Joe is much better. Joe wins.

I don't think Randy gets nearly enough respect. He has never been the 1A guy and he's been outshined in certain periods by the likes of Batista, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan, but Orton has still been one of the biggest names to come out of wrestling in the past 15 years and is a sure-fire headliner for the HOF one day. He's beaten almost everybody there is to beat, has main-evented Wrestlemania, and is a 12 time World champion.

Joe's a bull but it's difficult to vote against Orton at this point in both guys' careers. He's been everywhere and done everything and one way or another, he'd find the will or the ruthlessness to put Joe away.

Samoa Joe is another one of those great and successful performers who suffers in this tournament because they haven't had a successful WWE career. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that that's a bad thing because it's not. WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world and if you're good enough to be in the WWE and be successful in the WWE, then why aren't you?

Randy Orton is in the WWE has been very successful as well. He's been arguably the second biggest name in the WWE behind Cena over the past decade. Several main event title runs, Wrestlemania main events, and he's beaten a number of big names along the way. He was the first WWE World Heavyweight Champion as well. Randy Orton has reached legendary status and as it stands right now, he's a better professional wrestler than Samoa Joe.

Vote Orton.

Randy Orton is perhaps the greatest performer of the modern era next to Cena. His list of accolades reads a mile long and his appeal is remarkable. He's never had the polarization that Cena is known for. You either 100% love Orton or you 100% hate him; and most fans 100% love him. He can be thrust into just about any position on the card and succeed, and generally he's protected. He just won his second Royal Rumble. It was unpredictable, but at the same time unsurprising given his track record and reputation.

Samoa Joe did well enough just to make it to the WWE. Even if I were to say "give it a few more years," Randy Orton is younger than Joe. Who knows what he's yet to accomplish.

Vote Orton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back