Cena Region, Melbourne Subregion, First Round: (4) Sting vs. (29) Bubba Ray Dudley

Who Wins This Match?

• Sting

• Bubba Ray Dudley

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Melbourne Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia.

300px-Rod_laver_arena_by_night.jpg

Sting-wrestler.jpg

#4. Sting

Vs.

Bubba-Ray-Dudley-Bully-Ray.jpg

#29. Bubba Ray Dudley

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Now this is interesting.

It's obvious Sting has more in the way of a career than Bubba Ray has, at least regarding solo work. I don't think anybody would argue Sting was a bigger draw, had more in regards to character, and is a better in-ring worker than Bubba Ray was.

But I've seen some weird though fun things happen in the tournament. Yokozuna went over Hogan in the first round one particular time. The argument? Because Yokozuna had his number when they faced off more times than naught. It is a VERY popular argument here that Wrestler A should go over Wrestler B because Wrestler A has defeated Wrestler B when it mattered in kayfabe. I've seen this happen many, many times.

Well now I'd like to see those that made that argument to put their money where their mouths are. On Slammiversary XI Bubba Ray walked in as champion, defended his belt against Sting, and walked out as champion.

Wrestler A beat Wrestler B. Are we gonna see an upset here today or...?

Now this is interesting.

It's obvious Sting has more in the way of a career than Bubba Ray has, at least regarding solo work. I don't think anybody would argue Sting was a bigger draw, had more in regards to character, and is a better in-ring worker than Bubba Ray was.

But I've seen some weird though fun things happen in the tournament. Yokozuna went over Hogan in the first round one particular time. The argument? Because Yokozuna had his number when they faced off more times than naught. It is a VERY popular argument here that Wrestler A should go over Wrestler B because Wrestler A has defeated Wrestler B when it mattered in kayfabe. I've seen this happen many, many times.

Well now I'd like to see those that made that argument to put their money where their mouths are. On Slammiversary XI Bubba Ray walked in as champion, defended his belt against Sting, and walked out as champion.

Wrestler A beat Wrestler B. Are we gonna see an upset here today or...?

Well Sting was about 15 years removed from his prime at this point and Bubba still had to use nefarious means to get by him.

I'm going with Sting because he, you know, mattered. Bubba was much better as a main event talent than most people ever really expected him to be but a two year run as a main event talent in a 3rd rate promotion doesn't propel you past a bona-fide legend in the business.

If bubba ray ever wins a title as bully ray in the wwe, :ll consider him, till then sting wins.

Even if his wwe run sucked.

Huh, apparently Past vs Present is a lot more popular here than I thought.

I didn't however expect it to be so popular that it warrants freaking tournaments though. That's pretty cool.

Anyways, i'm gonna vote for Sting because Sting has done a lot more in the business than Bubba Ray has. Now if it were Sting vs Bully Ray, maybe the results would be a little closer.

Apart from being in a decorated tag team like Dudley Boyz, the biggest achievement of Bubba Ray Dudley's singles stint is the character Bully Ray which was damn good.

But that all gets trumped by the legendary career of Sting. Sting is a legend who remained without a giant promotion like WWE. That says a lot about Sting.

Sting's greatest moments were greater than Bubba's, and his embarrassments weren't nearly as agonizing as Bubba's.

Sting was always putting on amazing matches, even though he knew that the fans were going to cheer for him and sell out his merchandise anyway. Bubba was always trying his heart out, and at best being barely passable as a main card guy.

My most prominent memory of Sting is his epic match with Ric Flair at CoC '88, my most prominent memory of Bubba as a singles competitor was when he fought HHH for the world title in a tables match on Raw.

Sting's biggest embarrassment for me is a tie between Hogan pinning him and his abysmal wolfpac days. Bubba had that whole "I fooled you!" angle in TNA that easily reminded me of why I don't watch TNA, and if you reference ECW then there's nothing but embarrassments.

Vote Sting.

Dudley is an excellent mic worker, and I'm not surprised that he swam rather than sunk as a main eventer in TNA. However, he still lacked in too much for him to ever be anything more than a popular midcarder in bigger promotions. Sting, on the other hand, was WCW's biggest star and he consistently showed himself to be a ratings winner in TNA, something that nobody else, not even Kurt Angle, managed. Sting wins.

I honestly can't justify an argument for Dudley here. I don't think he's really bad in any way that is crippling. It's mainly just in comparison to Sting and his career overall that it really shrinks the things that really make him a great upper mid card to even main event level guy. The standard one on one match really drives in the lopsided factor.

With all of the stuff already said it's not a knock to 99% + of pro wrestlers to be under someone like Sting in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back