Cena and The Authority?

Redrum

Pre-Show Stalwart
I just wanted to see if anyone else has been noticing since the last PPV Cena and a clearly Heel Authority are kinda friendly? Tonight he talked about how orton wasted the chance HHH gave him years ago and he didn't blame HHH that is was ortons arrogance. The way he acted tonight he seemed more aggressive then normal and i know its been asked a thousand times but.........could this be the start of a heel turn for cena? Not saying he turns heel at TLC but it could be possible either a DB or Punk win the rumble and leading into WM or at WM itself he completes the turn?

Again not saying it will happen and its not the first time we would of been teased with it but the way he and the authority get alone caught my attention at least.

Or on the flip side:
It seems to me that the Authority seems less involved in the storylines atm and have gone somewhat soft, letting the spotlight be firmly on the 2 champions in the lead up to TLC

im sorry but why does everyone keep going i want cena to go heel or is cena going heel it is very unlikely he will turn heel he is the most loved wrestler with children and women sure the hardcore fans that have watch wwe for years hate him that doesnt mean the wwe will turn him. to be honest i could see the Authority trying to screw cena at tlc not get him to join them.

Cena wont turn heel until someone else steps up to the plate! The guy is worth $100m every year to WWE!!! The kids absolutely adore him and he makes money. If he turns his back on the kids, the kids turn their back on him and WWE loses money. A Cena heel turn will boost ratings for a few weeks and that is that. The fools of the IWC that cant see past their own nose - do you guys buy merchandise? Do you contribrute? Either you do and need to grow up or you dont and need to shut up!!!

The Authority will screw Cena.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has been noticing since the last PPV Cena and a clearly Heel Authority are kinda friendly?

I'm not seeing Cena and the Authority being friendly at all. In fact, Cena hasn't been paying much attention to the Authority, even when sharing the stage with them. Instead, he's focused on Randy Orton in his effort to win the Unified Championship. If he's been acting more like a heel, it's only because he's on a single-minded mission to zero in on Orton. All the scenes of the past we're being shown, involving their history together, point to this. I really enjoyed Cena charging Orton with: "You're talented, but you've gotten lazy." That's not the type of thing we usually hear from Cena, and it's an effective way to spur Randy's temper.

As for the Authority, I believe they're seeing John Cena as a tool to keep Randy in his place; still the face of WWE, yet subordinate to Triple H and Stephanie. After all, if they really wanted to keep Orton as the #1 man, why would they match him against John Cena?

like most i'd like to see cena turn heel for something different and the last ppv of the year could be a good time to do it. last night on raw before cena put orton through the table he gave the thumbs up then thumbs down which is what triple h did to orton when he turned on him in evolution. plus cena did seem to be kissing up to triple h when he was reminding orton of what triple h did for him. so it could be a perfect time for cena to turn heel and join up with the authority if they help him become the true face of wwe at tlc but then where would that leave orton? he's only recently turned heel so turning him face again wouldn't make much sense. its prob just another ruse to get fans all worked up and remind us again that super cena will NEVER turn heel (unfortunately). if it did happen though at least it would make things interesting for the road to wrestlemania and could open up lots of different scenarios and storylines that would at least re-invigerate wwe as it has been very stale and lazy lately.

I can't see Cena turning heel at TLC or at any point in the foreseeable future. Yes, he is worth too much but there isn't anyone who can logically fill the void. Bryan + Punk is a decent start but I don't think can touch Cena. The two big heel turns (Hogan and Austin) were plausible because the WCW roster was stacked and the WWF had wrestlers would were more suited than anyone on the current roster. Plus they were both incredible moments that would be far more shocking than anything that could happen with regards to Cena.

I'm not even sure The Authority screw Cena. I think the idea of each of them bringing down a World Title Each is a possibility or simply Cena winning clean. We don't need to see the Authority get involved in another finish in a WWE Title match. They need to accept they are not Vince McMahon and never will be. That is why, possibly, the focus is a lot more on Cena/Orton.

I must say that I also thought this way last night. The Authority were way too pro Cena and a little too much against Orton. Here is how I see it. Cena turns Heel. Sure he make lots in revenue but if they can counter that with an overall rise in sales it may compensate. There is also always someone to take some of the slack. So I see heel turn and I think Bryan will win the Rumble for a huge Wrestlemania match with Cena.

Cena did a few "heelish" promos in his fueds with The Rock and there was no turn. If anything, "The Authority" is moving a little more towards being tweeners.

I actually think a "corporate Cena" angle might work actually, and then a guy like Daniel Bryan or even CM Punk could feud with heel corporate Cena. While that angle is a possibility, I haven't had that feeling from any of the promos Cena has done in this feud with Orton.

What I find funny is how Cena was saying in evolution HHH gave Orton everything and Orton has gotten lazy however in kayfabe Triple H built Orton up then screw him once he won the title and got better. Geez Cena try some consistency. Then Cena goes all preachy but who is he to speak. His character is the laziest in my opinion because it refuses to change. At least Ortons character changed quite drastically but anyways I did see Cena being quite respectful to the Authority much like they were the parents and Orton and Cena were brothers being scolded. Lol. But I don't see a heel turn at all. It's just Cena being Cena and with Orton being a heel and the authority being Tweeners that's all that Cena can do. It's pretty old school like when one gangster hasn't done any major crimes, the less gang won't accept them until they prove themselves then you have Cena being the police saying yes I agree with the lead gang until you prove yourself you are unworthy of being called a true gangster. I think this story is far less Kayfabe and seem more like real life if you ask me. I still side with Orton though and laugh at Cena making it seem like he earned everything and nothing was given to him.

I still side with Orton though and laugh at Cena making it seem like he earned everything and nothing was given to him.

Agreed. I thought it was ridiculous when Cena said "I earned this world heavyweight championship!"

Um, you came back from injury, and was given a world title match and won the belt. There's was never a #1 contender's match or anything.

Whilst I think the Authority might well get involved more in the story at some point, especially if it is a screw finish or an exchange. Atm, I think that the Spotlight is firmly on Cena and Orton since survivor series with HHH and Steph taking a clear backseat with small roles thus far in this Unification story.

It's a tease if anything. My guess is that Punk someone walks out of TLC with the straps after selling out. I don't see Cena with the authority. There is no appeal there in any way other than rehashing your favorite Tude era story from childhood.

cena is not turning heel. Caus happens during the match with no dq The shield comes out during the match and roman reigns spears cena creating the first feud for singles roman vs cena and punk interferes as well which creates randy's next feud which is with punk at the royal rumble. Each champion only get to grab one belt, but the belts switch with Cena getting the WWE Title, and Randy getting the World title. The real question is what happens at elimination chamber.... Maybe only one chamber match?....maybe both champions are in the match to unify the championship at elimination chamber? Winner faces Royal Rumble Winner. Now that's entertaining!

The problem some of you seem to miss with the "Oh he sells to much stuff to the kids" is that while that's true WWE has a bigger issue and that is slumping ratings and Buy rates. Its not like those kids that buy his stuff will stop buying WWE stuff all together they will find a new star to like. Kids are kids and they can move on fairly quick from the red power ranger to the new red power ranger when a new show is out so they can do the same in WWE.

A heel turn for cena if done right in this angle can raise rating and buy rates. It would also open up the possibility of older fans Teens and up to wanting his stuff enough to somewhat make up for the kids ditching. Alot of you seem to think they cant do it until someone is matching him in those sells but the truth is no one can get to that level while he is there. As long as cena is face no one can be a equal face and that is the truth. If WWE wants to build the next big face to carry them in the next ten years in kid sells then cena has to step aside and the only way to do that and keep him around is for him to go heel.

All that being said i doubt he goes heel and this probaly just a tease but i just wanted to get everyone view

Oh and to the guy who said if you dont buy merchandise shut up and if you do grow up. Really man? I guess people in football shirts should grow up as well huh.

A Cena heel turn is something all of us seem to want, and there have been very slight hints since Survivor Series that Cena might well become the Authority's anointed "Face of the Company"
However, besides DB and CM Punk, there isn't any other face character currently who can challenge in such an event. Orton as a face character is... not very interesting, nor has his current Heel run either.

the ratings are out! clearly Cena against the Authority was the right plan...Lowest viewership in years....When Bryan was the top guy when Cena was injured the viewership wasn't this low...And also, with Nikki Bella turning heel soon, Cena HAS to turn heel as well, because it ties in with Total Divas.

the ratings are out! clearly Cena against the Authority was the right plan...Lowest viewership in years....When Bryan was the top guy when Cena was injured the viewership wasn't this low...And also, with Nikki Bella turning heel soon, Cena HAS to turn heel as well, because it ties in with Total Divas.

I already have issues with Total Divas affecting the Divas division despite my incredibly little interest in the Divas division so if it was able to affect the top storyline in the company I would just give up on WWE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back