• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cell phone debate?

Vash21

Pre-Show Stalwart
Noticed that Sly was big on his Iphone 4, and D-Man was talking about the Storm 3.

Was a Blackberry user for a long time, but think that there basically shit and moved onto the Droid Incredible, which IMO is probably the best phone on the market, second to every other Android devices, followed up with the Iphone.

Anybody else users?

I find two things about Android:

1) Most people get them and have no idea what to do with them.

2) Most people hate them because they have no idea what to do with them.

Aside from not being to get an iPhone due to carrier, I don't see why someone would rather have the Android OS.

Custom roms and overclocking are what make my Moto Droid 1 awesome. You know, that and I can make phone calls and with an unlimited data plan through Verizon, all the downloading and surfing I want.

I find two things about Android:

1) Most people get them and have no idea what to do with them.

2) Most people hate them because they have no idea what to do with them.

Aside from not being to get an iPhone due to carrier, I don't see why someone would rather have the Android OS.

Easier to root or for the Iphone, Jailbreak. Removable memory as well as a decent amount on board, removable battery(which in the case of Android you need because the damn things eat batteries), over 50000 apps, half of which are free, and better hardware.

That an IMO AT&T blows farm animals. Without the Iphone AT&T is Sprint.

BTW Crock and Sly, how is that reception anyway? ;). Get your free bumper yet? :lol:

My reception has always been great. I wonder if people who complain about reception have an IQ over 40 or not. It's real simple, don't hold the phone in the 1 inch place where the Antenna meets.

As far as AT&T service, I have NEVER had a problem with their service, and it is far better than Verizon's where I live.

I have a shitty phone. It can do texts and phone calls. I don't need nor want it to do anything else.

Moto Droid owner here. Overclocked, Rooted, w/ a custom ROM and have loved the device from the jump off. Waiting to see what's available Android-wise by my upgrade time (Jan) and will then move to a bigger better device, perhaps w/ HDMI out and a bigger screen.

What rom you got running your Droid Liger? I just put on the Simply Stunning 4.8 Froyo Rom with a 1.25 Ghz overclocked kernel.

I'm perfectly happy with my LG Xenon. Its easy to text with, and it doesnt give me any problems.

lg-xenon-cell-phone-43.jpg

What rom you got running your Droid Liger? I just put on the Simply Stunning 4.8 Froyo Rom with a 1.25 Ghz overclocked kernel.

I have messed with overclocking yet my Incredible is running at 1ghz already, I have tried Shadowrom didn't care for it, settled on Virtuous. I like HTC Sense

Just using the newest BB (ver0.5 I believe). I went from Cyanogen to a modded out Jrummy Kangerade, then ran a self-rooted version of stock FroYo for a while. BB is running very smooth and fast. I keep my OC @ 800Mhz–1Ghz, using an ulv Chevys kernel (though its been a while so I may be wrong on the provider).

Chevy's Kernels are outstanding, his roms are solid as well. I was using the BB rom for 2.1 and that was outstanding, so I stuck with it going up to Froyo. I wasn't too impressed with v 0.4 BB so I switched to Ultimate droid 8 for awhile but had major issues with it lagging badly. Trying out the Simply Stunning rom for now, may try Liquid Frozen Yogurt next if this one doesn't work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back