Carmella Wins Title Via MITB

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by Glacier, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Glacier

Glacier Pre-Show Stalwart

One thing that was not well done was the him-hawing around of
    the referee. Was he not familiar with the rules?

One thing that was done well was Charlotte looked like she was
    going to fight back- then that kick happened.

Do you think Carmella can hang on to the belt?

What do you think of the storyline?

2. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

First of all, Dave Meltzer must be angry that yet another thing he reported didn't happened.

Having said that , It all depends of what happens next week, if Charlotte stick around then I think she won't be champion for long and might drop the belt as soon as backlash. If Charlotte get move, then I could see her keeping the belt for awhile.

3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought the whole thing was well executed. They preserved the integrity of Charlotte's WrestleMania match with Asuka, not to mention Asuka's streak by having it ended by a worthy opponent in a meaningful way, while giving Carmella a big moment in her career and simultaneously giving the Iconics a memorable and impactful main roster debut.

Charlotte now not only has to deal with Carmella, which is something she's obviously more than capable of, but she's got Peyton Royce and Billie Kay to contend with. Even if there's not going to be any sort of official alliance between Carmella and the Iconics, the presence of the latter can be used to bolster Carmella as the new champ is simply too outmatched by Charlotte.

4. The Perfect Max

The Perfect Max I Am Jericho

I really, really liked it. I was really hoping Carmella would not lose the cash-in match like reported because I think she can become a really strong champion. The cash-in was well executed by all involved, and suddenly, there are perhaps four or five women involved in this story (Carmella, Charlotte, Billie Key, Peyton Royce and potentially even Asuka down the road again). That is dependent on Charlotte not getting drafted to Raw next week, of course.

I foresee this reign going one of two ways. Either, it is short and meaningless effectively. Or, this could end up being quite long and substantial. I hope it is the latter, because I get the impression some people don't take Carmella seriously, which I understand, but I believe she has the potential.

The only thing that ruined this moment for me was the referee. What the hell was that all about?

5. shadyfozzie

shadyfozzie Occasional Pre-Show

Because of all of Carmella's 'fake cash-ins' the ref was being like: Are you absolutely, 100% sure you want to do this??

Also, they probably wanted to make sure Charlotte was okay since some of those hits she took looked pretty brutal.

6. Logisticalbooker86

Logisticalbooker86 Pre-Show Stalwart

Hey there M.V.W. He didn't say anything about a card changing, he called out Dave Meltzer for being wrong about Carmella's cash in attempt when some people pay for his reporting. Thanks for your reminder though, but it added nothing to the thread.

Hopefully Carmella gets a decent run as champion, I could see Charlotte and Ruby Riot moving to Raw while Asuka and Sasha go to Smackdown. I thought Asuka was already a member of the SmackDown roster, but I digress.

Disband the Riot Squad via the shake-up and replace them with Carmella and the iconic duo.

7. Starkist

Starkist (To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate

It is good that she won it finally. Hopefully they can give her a meaningful reign as I am personally tired of Charlotte Flair and they did a good of protecting her during the cash in. The WWE were smart on holding off at WM, since Asuka lost and now it can be added into this story with Carmella. Good for her and her successful cash in making history in the WWE.

8. Leeds Guy

Leeds Guy Retired Former WZCW EurAsian Champ

I absolutely loved this. Carmella picked the scraps after The Iconic Duo were made to look very very strong indeed. The ref maybe brought this down a bit by acting like a complete fucktard, but this was the right call to get the belt off of Charlotte. I'm hoping they can keep the belt on her for a while to be honest, be one of those cowardly heels that everyone knows the faces are stronger than but somehow she keeps pulling out the win. I can see a program between them leading up to Backlash where hopefully the Royce/Key combo cost Charlotte the match. I'll be very pissed off if Charlotte wins it back next week.

9. THTRobtaylor

THTRobtaylor Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist

If anything, Charlotte moves to RAW and Asuka wins it quickly... It makes more sense for Asuka to "punish" Carmella and have the IIConics get involved set up an alliance of sorts. Depending on the other moves in the shakeup, you could see an interesting dynamic where someone like Mandy Rose moves over with Goldust in tow... there's a natural team up there with Asuka... and Finn/Becky if he also moves setting up some interesting stuff for the year...

Now will they put Carmella and Cass together now they split in real life? Seems to me if she is going to keep the belt she needs some muscle to guard her...

10. enviousdominous

enviousdominous Behold my diction

I think that Carmella is one of those performers who thrives on character development outside of the ring, and she's had none of that invested in her since becoming the MITB briefcase holder.

All that they've given her is an occasional failure at attempting to "cash in her briefcase" (that sounds so fucking stupid :banghead:) and become the Smackdown Women's champion. I think that her character is neat, but she hasn't been allowed to play it off of anyone else. Moonwalking is fun, but she has to be taken seriously at some point.

She's the champion because the WWE thought that it would make the most sense for her character to win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, they didn't bother to add anything to the middle of that saga. However she loses it won't do very much to serve the next person who gets it. Unless they start investing some serious heel cred into Carmella real soon, nobody is going to remember that she was a Women's Champion.

11. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I really enjoyed this cash-in. Was it as good as Edge's or Rollins'? No. It did, however, make history. Carmella set the pace for any other cash-in by a female in the future, not unlike Edge did when the common style of cashing in became a big deal. I wasn't the biggest fan of hers though she has been growing on me and a heel run with the belt when she keeps somehow sneaking away with a retention would be good for her character. The ref looked so clueless during the cash-in seeming to ask her a million times if she was really sure she was going to do it. That was the best part.

12. Ceen

Ceen Occasional Pre-Show

I was hoping her to cash in on Nia in a Daniel Bryan-Big Show way, the big champion is beaten up, she cashes in with her on the floor, just superkicking in her knees. But it was cool and makes all things feel natural. Hoping to see Asuka’s booking in SD