• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Somebody Help Me Understand.....

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
Women...Okay So I recently just moved to a different town at the end of the summer. This girl I knew in my old town were just starting it hit it off. We had gotten real close by the time I had to leave. She told me that she would keep in touch. So a few months go by I had'nt heard a single word from her. Then out of the blue last november she started talking to me. Almost all day every day. Waking me up in the mornings and becoming impatient when I never texted her back right away. Saying she loves me and that shes going to be with me when she comes down here and all this shit. She came dwn to see me during the holidays...we had a good time. She left..we continued to talk for a few weeks.

Then out of the no where she starts to ignore me. Not answering my texts or calls, Her excuse is oh I've been to busy. I don't buy it. Now just recently shes been talking to me again. Shes acting all friendly and saying the same shit she did a few months ago. She'll be moving down here in the summer and we plan to move in together but I'm wonder if this shit will continue to happen even after were together. I don't know what to do, So confused with her behavior. Can anybody help me understand my situation? Looking for a bit of advice.

Dude that's women for you. I don't think we are supposed to understand. I'm going through the same thing but one wants me to move to her and the other wants to move to me

You are a backup. Sorry bud. Time to find somebody else.

No I don't think thats it. You can't possibly know her like I do. Shes been through a lot in her life and is confused about many things as well. I think she just doesn't know how to feel or what to do. At least thats my theory. Just thought I'd try and get some other peoples opinions...thanks though...oh so very helpful.

No I don't think thats it. You can't possibly know her like I do. Shes been through a lot in her life and is confused about many things as well. I think she just doesn't know how to feel or what to do. At least thats my theory. Just thought I'd try and get some other peoples opinions...thanks though...oh so very helpful.

Are you asking for advice, or venting?

No, no, you're a back up. A Stage 5 back up. You're like the Primo on her list. I'm kidding my man, just ignore her back for a while.

Treat her like you don't give a fuck, make her jealous and start talking about how hot some other girls are. Either she's using you as a back up or she's bipolar.

No, no, you're a back up. A Stage 5 back up. You're like the Primo on her list. I'm kidding my man, just ignore her back for a while.

This. I can't find it on Youtube right now, but there's a scene in Swingers, at the very beginning, where Mikey is talking to Rob. Same advice, only delivered by Ron Livingston and Jon Favreau. Damn, I wish I could find that clip....

Ok, here's the deal. I've been around the block more than once, so listen up. (lol)

Don't fall for it. It'll become the worst decision you've ever made in the relationship field. If she's already acting mental it will definitely get worse. She knows you will be there so she's using you as a fallback plan. I'm going say I'd put money on the fact that she's out looking for affection from the wrong type of guys, and when they leave her hangin' she comes back to you.

You already said she's been through a lot and confused. Somebody in that position doesn't know what she wants. Hence the word confusion. She says she wants one thing but is attracted to another and as such plays an emotional game of ping pong (I know, I know... it works though) that will never end unless she gets a grip on herself.

And you will never be the person to make her realize anything. That is something she can only do herself because it stems from her own personal issues. Believe me, I've been down that road, and no matter how much common sense, proof, sensible advice comes her way she'll think you're "telling her what to do" or "change her" (which, deep down, she knows she needs to do anyway).

She's out doing her thing, she gets sad, or lonely, or starts feeling down, and you're a pick me up. It's simply a vicious cycle that you need to break. You need to realize that you're better than that and deserve more. Do you want this kind of on again, off again thing in a relationship? Because even if it's not texting/talking, it will be on again off again w/something whether it's mood, affection, what have you.

Plus, if she's already playing the jealous, controlling, and hypocritical card it's going to get worse when you're around each other all the time. You'll be accused of things you don't do, even if she's doing the same thing herself (example: flirting/cheating). She's already trying to be controlling by getting upset if you don't text back fast enough. She wants to see if you'll toe the line. She's already hypocritical by nagging you about not talking when she herself doesn't care enough to talk herself. Plus, the jealousy is a very strong red flag.

Jealousy about somebody in that kind of situation usually, 9 times out of 10, points to one thing. And that is the person doing the accusing or getting jealous is doing what they are accusing you of. It's a known fact because the person realizes if they can do it, not get caught, and it's that easy, then the idea of you being able to do the same thing without their knowledge eats away at them. Plus it takes away from their control of the situation.

Not all of the time it's cheating though, it can simply be a control/power trip. If there is any reason that they feel they could be losing or have lost control, then that's when the ugliness starts. And sometimes the people that have been through difficult times are prone to this because they may not have had control over a lot of things in their life or been controlled themselves, and they like to be on the opposite side of the coin. That, and/or they could simply control somebody because that's all they've known and that's how they've learned to treat people.

In other words, don't fall for any excuses. Especially something as lame as "I've been busy". That usually means, either they don't care enough or don't want anything to do w/you until they absolutely need human contact, feel down, etc. (because when they're up they avoid you) or that they're doing whatever they want but want to know you're still able to be controlled. Either way it's a losing situation and you need to find somebody that appreciates you and wants to participate in the relationship on a healthy level.

(Sorry it took so long to post this, I was writing it during commercials and I also had to proofread.)

Quick P.S. It may hurt like a bitch if you really like this person, but trust me. If it's not good, don't drag it out. It's not really worth feeling bad 3/4 of the time and only happy 1/4. Be true to yourself.

The way you describe her, she reminds me of my roommate's ex. She loves you every waking second, but as soon as she feels she's not getting the proper amount of attention (which is usually 100%), she'll go to somebody or something that will give her that temporary attention. She lives in the now, not the later. Hopefully she's not like that but if she is, sorry bro.

And hitman, that was a damn good post.

I've seen this before and I've been on the end of this before. It is exactly how everyone has said it is. You're the backup for when her real friends can't be bothered with her, she's not actually interested in you, you're just useful for massaging her ego.

I've seen this before and I've been on the end of this before. It is exactly how everyone has said it is. You're the backup for when her real friends can't be bothered with her, she's not actually interested in you, you're just useful for massaging her ego.

I was pretty much going to say exactly that.

Anyone who gets shitty with you for not jumping through their hoop immediately i.e. responding to a text or answering the phone, and they go and do the exact same thing to you not long after is a hypocrite for one, and a douche for another.

I've been there a couple of times in college and even recently.

With the most recent example, this girl grinds up against me all night on several different occassions and is more or less fucking me on the dance floor, then proceeds to complain about her ex-boyfriend the WHOLE way home EVERY DAMN TIME.

I more or less tell her to fuck off every time she invites me out now.

I can't speak about your friend dude, but based purely on what you describe, ditch and forget her, or at least try as hard as you can not to get involved in her personal issues. Don't even listen to them.

With the most recent example, this girl grinds up against me all night on several different occassions and is more or less fucking me on the dance floor, then proceeds to complain about her ex-boyfriend the WHOLE way home EVERY DAMN TIME.

I more or less tell her to fuck off every time she invites me out now.

I had that problem a year ago. Now she's dating a good friend of mine haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back