Can anyone else see Lawler winning WWE Title at Wrestlemania?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
There is alot of speculation and alot of swerves from the card we expected 2/3 weeks ago!

I've got a theory on the Main Event at Wrestlemania 27. I think we will see The Miz, I think we will see John Cena and I think The Rock will special guest Ref. But could this become a Triple Threat Match and Jerry The King Lawler be thrown in?

If this does happen, I see Lawler going over. He has never won the Gold and week after week this is thrown in his face. Surely WWE are going somewhere with this? He has also never wrestled at Wrestlemania. Give the guy the spotlight and give the guy the gold. He deserves it, even if he loses it the following week.

Does this devalue The Miz and John Cena? No it doesnt. Because The Rock screws them both and raises Lawlers hands!

This is absolutley NOT going to happen. 100% chance of not happening, If this was too happen I'd come on here and proclaim that "WWE is the worst thing in the wrestling business" Good Fucking God Man, While I respect Jerry a whole hell of a lot, he will never get the title, they are only throwing him in the EC PPV becuz everyone that can take his spot, is injured. Evan Bourne, injured, Batista, gone, and Cena, Orton and yadda yadda yadda, are in the Chamber, building their names even higher before Mania. It's like this, Lawler is the cannon fodder for Miz till Mania when Miz will truly be tested with the Company's future for the first time. Now I know all you guys are thinking "he's had the belt for a few months already", yes but has he has a "clean win" over an established main eventer??? John Morrison is NOT a main eventer, is he on the way, of course, but not yet. Sheamus, hell he hasn't even faced Sheamus. R Truth, well shouldn't even be in this damn thing. As far as Orton, he hasn't beaten him cleanly, in a one fall to the finish match without some kind of help. And, I'm a Miz-fit through and through, but until Mania, when I think he'll get a clean victory over John Cena, that or he'll lose clean to Cena, I think either way they boost his credentials, but as far as Lawler being relevant again, No Not Happening.

IMO i cant see it happening. If Lawler did win the title it would be at EC, however i think it would be like a kane type of deal ( when he won the wwe championship in 98) and Mizanin would win it back on the next night on raw. I would like to see the man get the title. He's a good wrestler. However I dont think it's going to happen at WM27.

It definately will not happen. All they are doing is setting up a match between Lawler and Cole at Mania. The tension is building and Cole will interfere and cost Lawler again, making Lawler lose it. The GM will eventually make the match to settle the fued once and for all. I also see them being seperated in one fashion or another after Mania(eg. Lawler retires, or Cole stays on Smackdown), but not 100 percent on that one.

. All they are doing is setting up a match between Lawler and Cole at Mania. .

Exactly, This is just a quick way so that they have some footage to show for a package at wrestlemania, it would be hard to set up the heat between the two purely from they sitting next to each other. even though they are doing that now, I feel like this adds to Miz defeating a Legend, and sets up for a lawler v Cole (maybe w/ A-Ry)

Well, I've sort of learned to never say never in wrestling. The odds are just so extremely remote against this happening that it's a next door neighbor to never. Jerry Lawler winning the WWE Championship at any point, especially at WrestleMania, is simply not going to do anyone any good at all. It would potentially do a lot of harm rather than good.

Let's just say that Lawler beats The Miz this Sunday at the Elimination Chamber ppv and becomes WWE Champion. The Miz's career would be derailed heavily and his future as a main eventer would become downright laughable. The Miz would always be remembered as a guy that lost arguably the most coveted wrestling championship in history to a 61 year old man. It'll devalue the championship and The Miz would probably never be a credible main eventer ever again. Truth is, it'd follow him around for the rest of his career and would be a huge spit in the eye to the WWE's youth movement.

This thread, however, I think shows that the WWE is doing its job well with this feud between Miz & Lawler. Lawler has looked good in the handful of matches he's had over the course of the past several months. Even though Lawler is 61 years old, he's still in pretty good shape overall and can probably do most of, if not all, the things he could do inside the ring back in his prime. It's been an interesting story and Jerry Lawler always excelled at being able to tell stories.

For a little over a month now, there's supposedly been major talk backstage about putting Lawler in a match with Michael Cole. If you look back over the past 3 months or so, having Lawler fight with Cole makes logical sense. Cole did interfere in the TLC match Lawler had against Miz, Cole has been running Lawler down as an egomaniac that can't stand to let go of the spotlight for months and he keeps bringing up the fact that Lawler can't lay a hand on him or the Raw GM will fire him. It'd be an easy way for Lawler to have his own moment at WrestleMania, the fans will be treated to watching Michael Cole get beaten all over the place for a little while and everyone'll be happy in the end. Besides, Jerry Lawler main eventing WrestleMania doesn't exactly sound like a strong selling point for the biggest ppv of the year.

Is this a troll post? Lawler winning the WWE Title at WM? Really? Really?

If Lawler wins the title it will be at the Chamber, and he will lose it the next night, or at least sometime before Mania. Whether he loses on Sunday, or wins and then loses on Monday, his defeat will be becaues of Riley/Cole setting up that match so Lawler gets his Mania match.

Vince McMahon has been speaking about the WWE youth movement starting at Mania, Lawler is not going to be part of that.

The title match WILL be Miz vs. Cena, and if it isn't, it will mean Rock is facing Cena, and the odds of that aren't very big at all.

Ok so i read everyones posts but Im going to go the opposite way and say Jerry Lawler this sunday with outt a shadow of a doubt will walk out WWE Champion but he wont go to mania as the champion. So after the EC ppv we've got like a month and 2 weeks left till mania arrives. So heres my prediciton - Jerry Lawler wins the title but Miz gets his rematch the next night or a week later and if they do it a week later they can have this whole thing that it will be Jerry Lawer vs Cena at Mania Friend vs friend match. Heres where we go to next week and Miz wins the title again thanks to Cole costing him the match. Thats the best way to go because as of right now everyone knows its Miz and Cena even the Rock kinda hinted at it by saying i'll see Miz and Cena at Mania. What do u guys thinks of that.

There's absolutely no way Lawler will have or be in a title match at Mania. However, I have a sneaky feeling he might walk away champion at EC. Probably due to Cena interference after the Miz cost him the Royal Rumble. If this does happen, he'll drop it the next night.

No chance in hell is Jerry Lawler winning the big one at WrestleMania.

Even though JL isn't that bad in the ring, surely he knows the importance of having the actual active full time wrestlers in the main title matches.

Without a doubt, if he has a match it will be with Michael Cole. There's no way it's against anyone else. They're saving the Miz for either Cena or a very long stretch with Morrison.

The only way for Jerry Lawler to win the title at WrestleMania is to win it at Elimination Chamber, lose it back on Monday Night RAW against the Miz after a rematch clause envoke from him and then have Jerry Lawler envoke his rematch at WrestleMania against the Miz and someone else whoever wins RAW's chamber in a triple threat match. I think that's a terrible idea to have that happen.

Why would they have Jerry in the Main event of the Elimination chamber and the main event of wrestlemania. Jerry wants a match at mania, but I doubt he would care where it was. they will end up going with the cole vs jerry way anyway So I can't even see jerry in the title hunt after monday arvo, let alone winning it.

No, I don't see Jerry winning the title at Mania.

Jerry Lawler is a wrestling legend and has gotten his hands on more gold than a jewelry store. While the WWE title is a belt that has eluded him, it's not one he needs to add to his collection. Jerry Lawler is a territory legend through and through, and while adding a belt with the prestige of the WWE Championship to his collection wouldn't exactly be detrimental to his reputation, it's not something he needs either.

Furthermore, Jerry Lawler is not main event material. Love him as I do, I would be much more excited for Miz-Cena or even Miz-Morrison than I would be for Miz-Lawler. Jerry Lawler's days of being a top draw are long behind him, and Wrestlemania is all about drawing as much as possible. Putting Miz in the main event is already a bit of a gamble, and putting Jerry Lawler across from him would almost certainly be a bad idea.

Jerry Lawler has two big advantages going for him going into Mania. He's never wrestled at Mania before and he wants to kick Michael Cole's ass. Those seem to go together hand in hand, right? I think so, and I think that's what the WWE HAS to do for Lawler at Wrestlemania.

There is a 0% chance that Lawler wins the belt at Wrestlemania.

I think there's a decent chance he wins the belt at the Elmination Chamber but then loses on RAW to The Miz when Michael Cole interferes.

Most likely though, the closest he gets to the belt is at the Elimination Chamber, he'll have Miz out and he'll be ready to pin him but then Cole will interfere allowing the win by DQ or allowing The Miz to hit the SCF.

Absolutely no chance in hell.

If this thread was titled "Can anyone else see Lawler winning the WWE title at Elimination Chamber" then I'd actually say yes I could. But only for one night, with Miz winning it back and beating the living shit out of Lawler and keeping him off TV for a few weeks, therefore making Miz stronger as a heel and it gives the option for Michael Cole to rip Jerry during commentary, therefore setting up a potential match between those two instead.

The idea of Jerry Lawler being in the main even of WrestleMania is just horrible. He deserves a spot on the card (perhaps) but no, I have to completely disagree with the idea of him wrestling for the WWE Championship. In my opinion, it's weird enough he's doing it this Sunday, let alone on the biggest PPV of the year. It just wouldn't be right and I'm fairly sure he wouldn't want to take a potential spot away from someone younger who needs it more than Jerry does.

I'm with the majority here saying Lawler should never...e-e-ever headline Wrestlemania. I don't even think Lawler wants to main event Wrestlemania, I just think he wants to FIGHT at Wrestlemania, and clearly that's what he'll get, and I say good for him. Because, Micheal Cole becomes more nausiating by the week, and I would probably mark out for him getting the living piss beat out of him.

I think Lawler is satisfied main eventing a PPV in general, which is what he's doing (well co-main eventing), but the Chamber traditionally draws well compared to most other PPV's, so this is as good an event as any to do it. He finally gets to main event....and finally gets to have a moment at Wrestlemania. I think he's quite happy with what he's getting. I'm just guessing, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back