Bye Bye Masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Anyone else think his WWE career is nearing the end? He's not Randy Orton, he isn't going to get away with violation after violation. Considering he isn't the most charismatic or well rounded wrestler. I think he's fine. He's certainly not the worst wrestler in the company. And that gimmick has worked for wrestlers before. But WWE push him, he gets suspended and so on. And without his physique he has no reason for WWE to promote him.

He will be released in the next couple of days(or wait until his suspension is almost finished), WWE is smart enough to know that he hasn't learned his lesson so it is just as well to get rid of him now. His character was okay, but the Masterlock challenges were just complete crap, he avoided all the big dudes like Show, Kane, and Khali because he couldn't even wrap his arms around them. WWE gave him the wrong finisher, it would have worked better with one of the huge guys like Henry or Khali since they would have been able to wrap their arms around anybody. I will be looking forward to Chris Mordetsky joining WZ in the near future lol.

He will be no loss imo

Lets be honest he was never going to get over, His mic skills were poor at best, His in ring skills left a lot to be desired

Taker had to sort him out a while back

I am sure if WWE get shut of him he will end up on TNA for a while

Let's just hope he get's fired. This man is boring in the ring, bad mic skills, annoying character, and was the creater of the Masterlock Challenge. It was obvious from the start that he was loaded on 'roids. Hopefully he'll be gone before his suspension ends. He'll probably have a short TNA stint since they love useless, fired WWE guys. After that he will vanish from the wrestling world and all will be good.

You know I've been thinking about this, and the guy only has had one some what memorable match and that was the one he had a couple years back against HBK at Unforgiven, other than that he's done nothing note worthy, he's a fucking roided up joke, and seems to constantly be getting himself in trouble, and hasn't even received a decent push in ages, which is a good thing btw, I think he's done

I think he should just be fired, his gimmick isn't impressing, his in ring ability's isn't nothing special, he keeps failing the drug test and he also has some kind of anger problems.

While Chris Masters is far from my favorite wrestler, I don't see the need to release him quite yet. Frankly, the Masterpiece gimmick is tired and should very well be retired. However, he is not completely lacking in charisma, his mic skills aren't terrible, and his wrestling skills are a smell step above mediocrity. All of the above can easily be said about the WWE Champion Randy Orton, who has also had his issues with drugs in the past (as well as behavior backstage and fan interactions). If the WWE is building their future on a worthless piece of crap like Randy Orton (the strongest reason I have not watched RAW in 2 months), then I don't see the big issue in keeping Masters, considering how weak their roster is right now in guys who can wrestle and can convincingly speak a few words on the microphone each week. Chris Masters will never be a world champion, but the WWE needs a solid lower to mid carder, and Masters fills that role well. They could even take him off TV for a few months and repackage him (give him a mask, put him in a tag team, etc.). Now please bear in mind, I am not defending Chris Masters actions or his skills. All I'm saying is that in comparison to the other wrestlers on the roster (a very weak and thin roster at that), he is not terrible and also considering the actions that Vince has recently let selected wrestlers get away with, Masters actions do not justify firing.

On a personal note, if I were running the WWE, the only capacity I'd employ either Orton or Masters in would be bathroom detail or as coffee runners, lol...

I dont think Masters is pure garbage, though I think it is foolish that he keeps getting into shit. I think The Masterpiece gimmick is good, but let him wrestle more, not just do his "Masterlock Challenges". He was defintally on the road to becomming a good mark in the WWE, just as I thought Carlito would be too. For god sake look a year or two ago they were in the main event in the Elimination Chamber. Carlito has also gone downhill in his push. They can always pull a Christian Cage and become a big star to move to TNA. Though I would never put them in the same level as Christian. I think Masters will come back and they should give him one more chance. As far as him becommming a main eventer now is very doubtful in my book. Look at Randy Orton for example. Is it just me or is he boring as hell now? He used to be entertaining when he was the cocky ladies man. Now he is a "tough guy" and shaved his head and is basically trying to recreate the heel HHH.

I think the wwe needs an established mid carder and that is what they have in him. I can definitely see wwe releasing him but i can also see them keeping him for this reason.

He has a decent gimmick for what he is but like the guy aboive me said let him actually wrestle more and get a nice established role as a heel who you can use in lower card feuds.

Hey, isn't this technically his third suspension and therefore his third strike? I mean how could WWE NOT know that he was juicing again? He went from the "new and improved", "leaner and meaner" Masterpiece to being huge again in no time. I mean you don't need a Hardcore Holly piss test to see that he was taking SOMETHING that was making him big again. And it sure as hell wasn't over the counter. I think that he is pretty close to his stint in WWE ending, which would be best for him as he could go to Mexico or Japan and hon his skills a bit to become more marketable. Plus they don't piss test you in those places. lol But on a side note, I have to agree with Andrew "Test or Punisher" Martin here when he said that roids should be legal for the wrestling biz. It's all about "the look" and you don't see ANYBODY going after body builders and telling them to pee in cups at the drop of a dime. ROiding is all about cycling in order to prevent permanant damage to the body. If they have regular supervision, then it's no different than cosmetic enhancement. And NOBODY really regulates the plastic surgery business do they? Well nobody in congress at least.

I think he should have been fired when he came back half Mysterio's size. This was blatant. Okay, I know some guys fluctuate in size, but that was so obvious to anyone. I mean, come on, you expect us to believe he was "new and improved" when he came back? And, he put all that weight back on in about 4 days! If this guy's career had any hope at all, I'd say give him another chance. But, no one will remember or care about him in 60 days. That's after the holidays! Ship him off to TNA, and that's that.

I agree with every1 here..He is just pure garbage let him go. I kinda was into the Masterpiece thing on raw when coach would shhh every1 during his intro but once the robe came off it was the pure shits brotha...On a kinda side note i think the harry smith suspension is a real shame, you would think after everything that happened to his dad he would stay away from the juice..Guess not..sucks cuz hes got lots of talent and was starting to get a push.

the masterpiece in my view is two dimensional there is no cutting edge about him and his steroid abuse may give ll the ammo wwe needs to terminate his contract lets face it by 2009 we wont be seeing the masterpiece in one piece

WWE has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Chris Masters. We wish Chris the best in all his future endeavors.

Now I feel that this is, in a way, a travesty of sorts. Before he was first given time off to get his roid problems under control, Chris Master was pushed like Umaga was when he first came in. He was big, he was strong, he was in just about every segment. And he was a winner. When he took his time off and came back as the "leaner", "meaner" Chris Masters, he was jobbed so much that it wasn't even funny. I mean just about everbody who came along damned near broke out of the Master Lock and he was on one of the longest losing streaks ever. When Masters was moved to Smackdown, he gradually started gaining back his muscle. Next thing you know, he's getting pushed again. So what kind of message does this send to the kid? He if you are big, we reward you, but we just don't want you to do anything that might come up in a piss test cuz the goverment is on our ass.

Now alot of people put all of the blame on Masters, and he is somewhat to blame. But I mean what is the man to do when the company only rewards him for how the roids make him look? I hope that he goes to Mexico or Japan to hon his skills more and make himself a more marketable commodity than just a rippling pile of muscle. TNA won't touch him with a ten foot pole because he has multiple suspensions for use and it woul dbe a bad move for him to go there before taking the time to get better in the ring and on the mic. I wish him well and I hope that somebody gives him a chance as a wrestler instead of a muscle bound dolt.

He will be released in the next couple of days(or wait until his suspension is almost finished), WWE is smart enough to know that he hasn't learned his lesson so it is just as well to get rid of him now. His character was okay, but the Masterlock challenges were just complete crap, he avoided all the big dudes like Show, Kane, and Khali because he couldn't even wrap his arms around them. WWE gave him the wrong finisher, it would have worked better with one of the huge guys like Henry or Khali since they would have been able to wrap their arms around anybody. I will be looking forward to Chris Mordetsky joining WZ in the near future lol.

I knew it lol. He was just released by the WWE, wow what a shocker:rolleyes: . He was a waste of space on the WWE roster so there is no arguments from me. I will hate TNA so much if they hire him, who would they think they are? Ted Turner? Look how WCW turned out when they tossed all their money at worthless wrestlers that nobody cared about or wrestlers that were 10 years past their prime. I think this may be the last we see of the Masterpiece on TV(thank goodness). The best thing he can do now is indy circuits.

tna better not hire this piece of shit, i honestly see absolutely no redeeming quality in the guy. same goes for henry and snitsky

I'm relieved that he is fired.
I never liked him since he debuted. Reckless (injuring Steven Richards) and boring (that Masterlock crap finisher... yawn).

Well u can't blame Masters for the WWE pushing him, can u? I mean they do have a choice on who to elevate to certain heights. WWE pretty much pushes anybody with big muscles. Look at Lashley. He may be able to do a short match now, but he was once one of the worst wrestlers who I had ever seen. Hell, he did the Dominator so badly that they made him stop using they reverse powerbomb. So you can't blame Masters for not being fully developed before being called up.

First John Cena goes down with a injury
and now, that horraible piece of crap Chris Masters is gone,
there is a just and loving god. Now if we can only get rid of Mark
Henry:lol2: This should have been done along time ago watching his match's
was the same as being doped up on Vicoden, sleepy time.
Now I only pray TNA doesnt pick him up...
In the words of Vincent Mcmahon, YOUR FIRED!

TNA wont pick him up, he isnt impressive in ring and if they fired test for ''looking too big'' they wouldnt get masters

as for him being fired, uhh who cares? he didnt do anything and i didnt see any push he was getting from smackdown, he was just jobbing, and yes it is masters fault that this happend he shouldnt have been a roided up freak for WWE to push him, look at kennedy, edge, RVD (granted he did use roids but i dont think he needed it) jeff, umaga, mysterio, HBK, if the guy has talent he gets pushed, masters shouldnt have tried wrestling if he didnt have any talent except being big.. now lesson learned...go to japan and learn some shit

TNA wont pick him up, he isnt impressive in ring and if they fired test for ''looking too big'' they wouldnt get masters

as for him being fired, uhh who cares? he didnt do anything and i didnt see any push he was getting from smackdown, he was just jobbing, and yes it is masters fault that this happend he shouldnt have been a roided up freak for WWE to push him, look at kennedy, edge, RVD (granted he did use roids but i dont think he needed it) jeff, umaga, mysterio, HBK, if the guy has talent he gets pushed, masters shouldnt have tried wrestling if he didnt have any talent except being big.. now lesson learned...go to japan and learn some shit

I think it's funny that you brought up Edge, Umaga, and Kennedy seeing as how they all just came back not too long ago from suspensions for using roids. The bottom line is that while he coul dhave said no when offered, this young (early 20's I believe) guy was rewarded for being big and muscular and was punished for toning it down. If WWE wanted him to be seasoned and skilled, they could have trained him to be. They trained him to be a roided up freak and then fired him for it? How just is that? I think that it';s best that he is out of the spotlight for a while because he would forsuredly done permanant damage to himself if he stayed on the path he was on.

I'm hoping that they release him ASAP. He hasn't done anything in months worth talking about. Sure, he's had the few Masterlock Challenges here and there, but we all know that those are just time fillers.

Chris Masters should have been released a long time ago, to be quite honest. He's just a waste of money and I'm surprised that Vince hasn't realised it yet. Expect him to be released within the next week or so.

Good Riddance. The guy was terrible all around. His mic skills were lame, the Masterlock challenge a joke, and his in ring ability, well lets say I enjoy the Great Khali more then Chris Masters.

Masters is a jock, it's plain and simple. He's probably gone through his whole life never second guessing anything he's put in his body because he gets rewarded for it. Sure, the WWE is a double edged sword. They don't encourage steroid use...:rolleyes: ...but will be the first to punish you when you don't have a certain look.

I think it's bad on the WWE as far as a PR blow, because they are firing a guy before his "third" strike, but the guy was a turd in the ring anyway. I'm glad to see him go, and hopefully he doesn't end up in Orlando.

I saw an old episode of Blind Date a few months ago with Chris Masters in it. This was very pre-wwe days. He made a complete idiot out of himself. He was the stereotypical dumb jock trying show off, and just looking for an excuse to take his shirt off. Didn't like him much before seeing that episode. Seeing that episode just reaffirmed my initial assessment of him.

It's not just Masters, and it's not just wrestling. This is a generational thing. So many young people think they are god's gift to the world, and they don't need to earn anything. They think they can get away with whatever they want, because mommy and daddy have always covered for them.

I found him rather interesting when he debuted. I absolutely loved his entrance, so that automatically got me pumped up for his match - and I loved how they were working his character with the Master Lock being unstoppable. They just kind of buried him after Lashey broke out of it, though... shame - they could have made him great IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back