• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buildup for Wrestlemania 26 possibly??

matty256

Pre-Show Stalwart
Being that Ted Dibiase will be premiering his movie, The Marine 2 by the beginning of 2010, the company needs him to be over as a Face. In order to do this correctly they need to get him at Main Event Level for Mania....which is entirely possible...Here's how...

Either at this upcoming Bash or Night of Champions, Have both Ted and Cody win the Tag Team Titles against the Colons. They should hold them for a while, as Randy also holds the gold as well. They can continue dominating the RAW scene until Survivor Series. At Survivor Series, Ted and Cody are still the champs and are involved in a HUGE Tag Team Battle Royal featuring them, Crime Time, The Hart Dynasty, the Colons, etc. The HART Dynasty finally wins Gold...and that same night Orton loses his gold strap (Hopefully to MVP, but the winner doesn't actually matter for the sake of this story line).

The Next Day at RAW, Orton blames his loss on the members of his Legacy. When Talking about this cloud over his shoulder, both Ted and Cody come down to try and correct Orton. During this time, Orton introduced the audience to his NEW Legacy. The Hart Dynasty (Smith, Kidd, and Natalya) come out and give Ted and Cody a beat down.

The NEW Legacy dominates RAW....Orton faces the champ at Armageddon with his new team on his side, The Hart Dynasty hold on to their gold, and Natalya wins the Divas Championship. Over this time Ted Dibiase comes back and announces that his group is the REAL Legacy (which includes Brett Dibiase and Cody Rhodes). At Armageddon, Ted wins the US Championship, as Brett and Cody team up together to face the Hart Dynasty for their gold, but lose.

Come the Royal Rumble, Ted promises that the REAL Legacy will dominate the Rumble and head to Mania. At that same PPV, Orton defends his championship and wins. Ted ends up winning the Rumble, even though Orton and his Legacy try stop him from winning.

The Next day at RAW, Orton makes it so that Ted, Brett, and Cody can't touch him until Mania. Ted tells Orton that he promises Randy won't even be the champ by the time Mania rolls along. Ted then announces that Orton will have to defend his title against their Mentor throw everything....none other than Batista at No Way Out. Over the next few weeks Orton makes it so Ted loses his US title to The Miz, and then Ted makes it so that he is the guest referee for Orton's match against Batista at No Way Out. He promises to be a fair ref, but then promises that Dave will win. Ted talks about how he'd love to main event Mania with Batista

No Way Out comes and Orton ends up beating Batista due to inteference from Triple H. Triple H turns heel and This sets up an intense Wrestlemania Card which includes....

WWE Championship: (c) Randy Orton Vs. Ted DiBiase W.
Batista Vs. Triple H in a loser leaves match which hopefully Batista would lose :D
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge W vs Christan
The Undertaker W vs. Chris Jericho
John Cena vs CM Punk W
Shawn Micheals W vs John Morrison
Tag Team Championship scramble match:
The Hart Dynasty W Vs. Brett DiBiase and Cody Rhodes vs The Colons vs Cryme Tyme
MITB:
Finlay vs Shelton Benjamin vs Matt Hardy vsBuff Bagwell( i heard he could be signed so this would be a good match for him to be in) vs Jack Swagger W vs MVP vs KOfi Kingston vs Evan Bourne
IC Champ vs US Champ
Rey Mysterio vs The Miz W
Divas Championship:
Natayla Neidhart vs Beth Phenoix W

Ok I like where you are heading with this but I think Ted will turn on Orton sooner than that or he will become the youngest world champion by beating maybe randy orton or possibly even cena I doubt that Ted will go over Triple H . But I think we will possibly see history repeat itself and have orton Kick (Literally ) out of leagacy for some reason . Thats the way i see it .

I do like the plan but Ted Dibiase wont be the youngest World Champion in history because he is 26. Randy Orton won the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam 2004 to be the youngest world champion. he was 24 at the time. so to beat that record someone would have to be younger than 24

first of all, I don't think that would sell. I think ratings would be down and shit would be crazy backstage. Cause Ted DiBiase, Main Event over HHH, Cena? can't see it. Plus i'm not sure if the interest is there finacially

Ok enough of the business pespective.

I think the angle kicks fucking ass. I often thouht about Ted turning face. Cody can stay or go who gives a shit. I believe Ted is money. I believe WITH TIME he can be HUGE Money. Now wether the WWE invests time into him, not sure. But I like it. You'd have two major factions going at it.

But the ol can't touch me til blah is overplayed. BUT we can still use it, just throw a spin on it. Nobody touches anybody, IF THEY DO, the party who got beat up decides the match, the ref, whatever they want. So for 4 weeks you'd have two teams trying to get each other to attack em. Endless possibilites. Drug scandal with Orton and Smith, lone female Hart wrestler, attack Dibiase sr, and Dusty.

I'd have Dustys ass whoopin last. And let Cody make the save. He cost Ted possible a huge advantage. Orton can call it Cage match. Haven't been one of those in years in at a WM. Not HIAC, Old School Cage Match. Or something, anything. Ted goes over. It puts Ted in a tremendous spot. And if the WM buyrate comes back low, or the fans STILL don't connect with Ted, fine you cost yourself 6 months, and 1WM. Big Deal. He drops it back to Orton.

I doubt the cage match, they could put on a better match 1v1 then doing a simple cage segment. I agree with matt but I doubt some of the matches at wrestlemaina I think pretty soon there going to push Ted after him and cody defeat the colons but I see them losing them to either heart dynasty or to colons, and then randy getting pissed at Legacy.

And I doubt they'd do a Triple H vs Batista loser leaves, they did something like that with ric...look his old ass is around, no ones gonna beleive Batista will leave.

I cant see Ted headlining WM. I think they will push ted as a face but along with cody. They will turn on Orton and kick him out of legacy after he drops his belt,while they have their tag belts. They may even punt him so he could take time off. Legacy will then go forward as a face faction to either fued with or team with the Harts. Having two heel factions doesnt work as neither will shift merchandise and one will need to turn soon.

Its a great idea BUT I dont see Ted main eventing the big one just yet. I havent thought of his turn as much. I'd like to see the group remain strong til the Rumble at least, giving both Ted and Cody time to develop and establish themselves more, they should win the titles at The Bash though, mean yeah they've won enough tag gold within the past year but if they win the Unified Belts and Orton holds onto the gold (he should hold onto it til Armageddon, great run when he won it at NM07, should happen again) where he loses it to MVP or hell even HBK know he said he doesnt plan on holding another title but if its going to be his last 'Mania he should headline it by defending the belt, Hunter could turn heel and then the two could face off.

i see BIG THINGS for ted in the future but not now,right now if he leaves legacy,he will be an afterthought.It may be hard to believe but ted and cody being in legacy is there push to the main event.Rhodes and Debiese could lose to every main eventer in WWE but as long as there with orton,they have a future as main eventers.Turning Ted into a babyface just for a dumb movie is really stupid,especially if the movie is an epic fail.The movie will either make or break Ted so is say keep Ted with orton and kinda make Ted the tweener of the group like orton is doing really evil stuff and ted doesn't approve because he thinks orton is going to far but Ted still remains with the group and then let ted gain some GOOD crowd reaction and then MAYBE make ted break away from legacy and turn into a babyface

and also,ted really needs to gain some personality but he lacks that on every level because he looks like a random jobber sometimes

i do think the idea in theory is a good one, but i would like to see legacy stay together and see what they can do with the group for a while. besides this, i believe that the marine 2 with ted is a straight to dvd release (if anyone could confirm this that would be great, but i'm pretty sure), so for a dvd release rather than a theatrical premiere i don't think it would be as necessary to make him a face.

I could see Ted winning the Royal Rumble, still as a member of legacy, like Batista was with Evolution having Orton convince him to go for the World Heavyweight Champion instead of Orton who would have the WWE Championship.

The guy does not need to be involved in anything big just because he is in a movie. Look at Kane, he had a storyline but it was a lame mid card storyline. The only reason Cena had anything big is because he was a main event guy already. They wont put Ted in the main event at the biggest show of the year just because of a movie.

With that said, it is possible that they will make him a face soon and give him a mid card push. He still needs time to show everyone what he has.

I think that it would be a great angle, I just don't see it happening. Yes I see Ted turning, and I see him turning soon. I don't know how they plan on doing it, but I have a good feeling that it will be alright..

Ted is not even close to Randy on the talent factor and cant talk even a little (see anounce desk, RAW). He is a pale imitaion of Randy and needs more time to blossom. I think the best senario would be keeping Ted heel with a stable to back him up. Slap the Million dollar belt on him and have him defend it in the same fashion as the FTW title/legends title etc.

The movie is C list if that and it is a straight to DVD release so he doesnt need to be a face as it will bomb no matter what. If the great John Cena couldnt make it a legit hit with all the support in the world and years of main event exposure then how could Ted do it in 6 months or so. Not possible.

It sounds like a great soryline though but Ted isnt ready and Trip isnt stepping down. Just look at RAW since he returned. He sucks the life out of the product and is always the main event (I am a huge hhh fan btw but he is detramentle right now)

He should have stayed on Smackdown or needs to move down the ladder and be a special attraction like Shawn/Taker and put some desserving!!! guys over. Get the US belt on him even. Now thats a rub and safe test for a guy going into the main event. If you beat HHH then your a top guy. Hell, if he's got to be THE MAN stick him on ECW. Lets see what he can do for that brand and their belt. That would impress me on so many levels and would garauntee more veiwers for the sheer "hhh on ECW!?" factor

Anyway, lost track a bit. To re-cap. He isnt ready, to amy top guys on RAW, more desserving eg MVP, but does sound quite exciting.

Originally posted by JohnnyTheAlphaMale: The movie is C list if that and it is a straight to DVD release so he doesnt need to be a face as it will bomb no matter what. If the great John Cena couldnt make it a legit hit with all the support in the world and years of main event exposure then how could Ted do it in 6 months or so. Not possible.

Exactly, Dibiase doesn't need to be a face becasue it really wont affect the movies' success or lack there of. The storyline sounds good but that's a lot for Ted to accomplish between now and 'Mania 26, imo he needs more time to develop...since he came to WWE he has been paired with Rhodes and while I like their team, Ted hasn't really been given a chance to show us what he can do on his own yet. Until he is allowed to branch out on his own, I think it would be unrealistic to expect him to be main eventing the biggest pay per view of the year next year. Also people say he reminds them of Randy Orton and how he is the next Randy Orton, well I don't know about anyone else but I don't want another Orton...we already have one, I want Ted Dibiase to be himself to be honest.

Originally posted by wolvdog316: Cody can stay or go who gives a shit.

I give a shit. The guy, like Dibiase also has great potential...hopefully others can see that too...

I love this angle and if WWE really wants to push the future stars, look no further than DiBiase. He's got that movie in 2010 and he'll have to be a face for it so that makes all kinds of sense and I do like how all this young talent can get involved. If HHH and Cena can step aside and let this happen, it could be something special. Yes the ratings will take a hit but the top guys are all getting up there for the most part and some of them are just being shoved down our throats.

It's time for a change and if they're gonna start somewhere, it should be like this. I'm backing you up 100% here on this one.

Ok i see how people are saying you just don't see Ted headlining the big one just yet. But let me ask you all a question, back at this time in 2004 would you have ever guessed that Batista would have been in the main event of Wrestlemania 21?

O.k you got a pretty big imagination buddy...
I like your ideas but I think there unrealistic, considering that Mysterio has requested a release from WWE, Christian is on ECW not Smackdown, who the hell is Brett?, and I just can't follow this. But I like the Hart Foundation idea.

That idea rocks!!! WWE needs a new shake up to get the fans ampd again like they did with Austin ,Rock & Foley just to name a few WE need a new type of attitude era that fires things up! Out with the old in with the new so to speak . We as fans are tired of the same ol thing the same ol champions same ol angles. VINCE PUSHED TRIPLE H SO HARD IT WAS UN BELIVEABLE WHY NOT HAVE TED DIBIASE SR BE THE NEW GM OF RAW AND PUSH TED JR TO NEW HEIGHTS HEEL OR BABYFACE THAT'S A GREAT ANGLE YEAH YOU CAN'T SEE THAT HAPPENING WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY IT WOULD WORK!! IF YOU MAKE THE HART DYNASTY HAVE A REAL MEAN STREAK I MEAN IT CAN CREATRE THE BUZZ THE WWE NEEDS I MEAN A MEAN STREAK LIKE NWO THE EARLY YEARS LIKE IN WCW I MEAN PEOPLE REALLY LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE GETTIN THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM ON A NIGHTLY BASIS PEOPLE REALLY LOOKED SCARED OF NWO BACK THEN LIKE A LEGIT GANG SHOULD LOOK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back