Brock at Wrestlemania - who is he going to face?

Brock v ? at WM32

• Alberto Del Rio

• Bray Wyatt

• Daniel Bryan

• Dean Ambrose

• Kane

• Kevin Owens

• Roman Reigns

• Rusev

• Sheamus

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't for the life understand why anybody thinks that post Wrestlemania 30 Cesaro has been over enough to be in a feud with Lesnar. I actually liked him and wanted him to succeed but then 2 weeks before his injury he wrestled Sheamus on RAW to COMPLETE SILENCE and that's when it dawned on me that this man is not over at all. If you're going to wrestle Brock Lesnar you need to be able to evoke emotion from crowds all over the world and against anybody. Not just when you're in the ring of someone of higher status. Cena wrestled Zack Ryder for Pete's sake and had the crowd rockin the whole time.

But I digress...

Judging by this week of television I think they'll do Owens vs Lesnar at Mania. I like the story they can tell and I think they could have a cool match but it just doesn't seem big enough for 100k to me.

Austin vs Lesnar is obviously the dream match Rock vs Lesnar II is close behind. After that though it gets tough. I like the idea of bringing back Batista. Even if just for this program. He's a big enough star and big enough person in general for that to sell. Other than that I guess Owens 's fine but it's not exceptional

Picking an opponent for Brock Lesnar is a tricky task. You need to preserve his status as this seemingly invincible monster and a special/main event attraction, but you're doing a lot of damage to the wrong opponent, if looks like a chump during the build and in the ring.

Apparently, the on again, off again rumors with Kevin Owens are on again, and there's a stronger possibility he'll face Lesnar at Mania 32. I'm not denying the two can deliver a good or great match together, but I have a some doubts about Owens VS Lesnar.

Is Owens ready for that match on that stage? Big Show and Kofi Kingston were regulated to the status of punching bags and tune up matches, and the likes of John Cena, Triple H, The Undertaker, and CM Punk are/were legends, Hall Of Famers, and main eventers. Their legacies are set in stone, and they were/are at a point in their careers, where they could easily bounce back with no real damage after a decisive loss or a lopsided beating from Lesnar.

Owens? Depending on how WWE chooses to go about the booking for the build and the match, Owens suffering a decisive loss to Brock Lesnar in a marquee match at Wrestlemania is a pretty big setback. If WWE has plans to put him in the upper echelon with other future main eventers, he can't be another stepping stone for Brock Lesnar. IF the plans call for Owens to lose, he needs to show he was capable of standing toe to toe with The Beast for a "I was this close" gutsy effort loss.

Owens is on a short, short list of guys in WWE, who are more than capable of holding their own on the mic against Paul Heyman in a series of promo duels, and with a steady and consistent build for his character from now to April, he's definitely a viable opponent for Lesnar at Wrestlemania. But WWE needs to be careful, because if they screw this up, the end results for Owens' future could be disastrous.

Roman Reigns? Eh, I think it's too soon for a Wrestlemania rematch. From what I remember, the original plans called for Reigns VS Rollins VS Lesnar for the WWE WHC in a triple threat, with Reigns winning the title, but Rollins' injury changed everything. When Reigns faces Lesnar again, the match should be a special milestone for Roman Reigns to show how far he's come since Wrestlemania 31 after all the ups and downs, the doubts, and the setbacks.

To add to that, when I think of something that's worthy of a Wrestlemania rematch, I think of Shawn VS Taker II, Triple H VS Taker at 27 and 28, and Austin VS Rock. Reigns is on the right track now, but if we're talking about an elite superstar, he's not at the level, where a Mania rematch with Lesnar would have a blockbuster feel to it yet.

There are four choices IMO.

Reigns: We saw this last year and the story is there with Reigns getting a chance to redeem himself. Brock could come out of nowhere at #30 to win the Rumble. The only thing is that, they seem to be building towards HHH/Reigns. And with HHH not facing Reigns, outside of some forced, half assed random feud that they just throw together for the sake of having HHH wrestle, that would effectively leave one of their biggest heels right now off the card. So this probably won't happen.

Wyatt: This feud would be great just for the promos between Wyatt and Heyman. They could build off the Wyatt/Taker feud and say that Wyatt is going to do what Taker couldn't. Maybe make it a Steel Cage match or something. This could be a great feud that legitimizes Wyatt to go for the title in the months after WM, whether he wins or loses.

Owens: I read somewhere that Owens is like a low budget Brock Lesnar. I don't know if that's a compliment or a knock on him but now that the comparison was made, I definitely saw similarities in how they carry themselves and are presented by WWE. Like Wyatt, just being in the ring with Lesnar, win or lose legitimizes Owens. This would be a very low draw way to utilize Brock though.

Bryan: probably the most unrealistic choice of them all, as his in-ring career looks to be over indefinitely. But if Bryan is cleared to wrestle, this is the obvious big draw matchup. David and Goliath match that would probably have the most fan involvement. This is probably the last big time matchup for Brock aside from The Rock.

So yeah out of those choices, it's probably gonna be Brock vs. Bray Wyatt. That's not a bad feud as far as the potential good television it's gonna create.

I can legitimately see it being Bray Wyatt. Would have been a hell of a lot better had the Wyatts beat the BOD but that's another topic.

In the last two Mania's, Bray Wyatt has gone up against John Cena and The Undertaker despite not doing a whole hell of a lot throughout the year... I see the same scenario happening this year. Brock has faced Cena 3 times, Taker 3 times, HHH 3 times, Seth Rollins twice, and Reigns last year. As a result, I don't see any of these guys being the one to face Lesnar at Mania. Some of your other options could work but other than Sheamus, none really seem in a good enough position to take on Lesnar this year. I guess they could start building Owens or Del Rio for a Lesnar match but the build would have to be soon and the push very strong. Again, I just don't see that happening.

There are a few reason why Wyatt could work. First of all, he has his family. While Bray alone may not make a feasible opponent for Lesnar, Bray with Harper, Rowan, and Stroman at his back is a real threat. Secondly, he's instantly credible with the casual audience, however much some here may despise him. They would buy a Lesnar/Wyatt match. Would they buy a Rusev/Lesnar or Ambrose/Lesnar match? I'm not too sure. Lastly, while Bray has interacted with Cena, Taker, Jericho, and other "mega-stars", they have kept him away from Brock. With the lack of available options, Bray/Brock would, at the least, be a fresh and intriguing match... until Wyatt loses again.

Well said.

The Beast Incarnate vs the Buzzards would be a great feud, and given Brock's limited TV schedule, we might also be saved from seeing them interact beyond the limits going into WrestleMania.
As mentioned, Bray has faced John Cena and the Undertaker at back to back Manias and a match with Brock Lesnar would be great for him in terms of his stock with the casuals, ntm, the prospect of Bray Wyatt with a 0-3 Mania record could see some sort of storyline potential come WrestleMania 33 when he could well be in-line for a major push(Rollins at Mania31, Reigns at Mania 32, ...).

We haven't even mentioned Heyman vs Bray Wyatt on the mic. Also, the numbers game will see Brock Lesnar in a different position than usual also.

Probably should be Bray Wyatt with the health of all the other top stars. Randy Orton would be the best opponent in my opinion. If he were healthy this would be my card.

Roman Reigns vs. HHH (WWE Title)
John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (Diva's Title)
Bella Twins vs. Trish/Lita
Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens (2 out of 3 falls) - (I-C Title)
League of Nations vs. Wyatt Family (Street Fight)

New Day vs. Ziggler/Zayn (Tag Titles)
Andre Battle Royal

Picking an opponent for Brock Lesnar is a tricky task. You need to preserve his status as this seemingly invincible monster and a special/main event attraction, but you're doing a lot of damage to the wrong opponent, if looks like a chump during the build and in the ring.
No. WWE doesn't NEED to preserve Lesnar's status as anything. Lesnar should lose clean at WrestleMania to put someone else over.

Very soon the road to WM32 starts. And right now with the injury lingo were not sure who will b ready or not. I may be wrong but you've gt Rollins, Bryan, Bella, out. Cesaro and Orton both had 2nd surgeries so not likely them either.

I thought sign a superstar, rematch with Lesnar. 1 match, maybe 2 or 3 appearances.give him a few million bucks. Advertise. BROCK LESNAR vs. GOLDBERG!!!!!!!

Biggest stage in Dallas, show is gonna need some attention. They'd make their money back easy. Rousey is busy. Its said the rock is,busy, then not busy. . also Rey Mysterio is interested in coming to WWF..... And I think Kurt Angle will be signed by then.

I'm all for Lesnar vs Goldberg. I'm not even interested in seeing him against anyone else. Fans would be more interested in this match this time around since both guys aren't on their way out the door. Goldberg won the last meeting so maybe they'll split the series this time around. Either way it'll be a great addition to the card.

My opinion, who would and could be booked as the best opponent for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania and still be booked as believable in such a short time frame would be to bring up Samoa Joe from NXT and have him ambush Brock on Raw one night maybe. He is big and agile enough and could be percieved as a legitimate threat. I could see him coming out and stomping brock up a bit, then throwing him in the corner for a muscle buster. Anyone else?

with all the injury problems that wwe have right, i just figure out how you could fix at less one main problem that they have for that card and that who will face lesnar. Since lesnar is showing up for all three ppv you could have lesnar wins the wwe championship at the rumble with some help from HHH. You don't really need Lesnar to wrestle at fast lane, you could just have him cut a promo during the show and beat up somebody while reigns wrestles the league of nation in a gautlet match for the right to face HHH at wrestlemania. Then at wrestlemania, you have the HHH vs Reigns match with the winner getting lesnar in the main event. Reigns wins and the mcmahon are furious so, during the show, they go and buy off lesnar and heyman to make sure that reigns won't win the title. they also announce that HHH will be the guest ref. So your main event is the rematch of last year's wrestlemania with HHH as the guest ref.

If they manage to SOMEHOW get Conor McGregor to face him, even if there's some type of screwy finish where not much combat actually takes place (no more combat than Show/Mayweather a few years ago), it would be huge as far as adding star power to WM.

But seeing as that's unlikely as McGregor is a champ right now and has a fight less than a month prior...

They should clear Daniel Bryan and do the whole David vs. Goliath thing. Maybe make it a #1 Contenders Match for the title. Still a very big money matchup.

If they can't get Daniel Bryan, then maybe they're forced to do Brock vs. Batista or something. No one really has a hankering to see that, but Batista's a relatively big enough star as to where they could cook up a decent build. Maybe have him be offended that Brock calls himself the Beast and Batista is the Animal, IDK.

Sheamus is an option, and probably the most realistic and what they will end up going with at this point. Have Brock represent America vs. The League of Nations. This could go either way, solely relies on how well they build it up.

Wyatt or Owens would be good choices if they were to WIN the match. I don't see that happening, so it's probably best if they don't go against Brock. A loss for either of them, especially Wyatt, does nothing good for them right now. If anything, they should have Wyatt go over Taker.

I said months ago Brock vs. Kevin Owens would be awesome too see, but at this point Kevin has his hands full with Dean and trying to get his I.C. title back. Brock and Sheamus would be a possibility since they fought at a recent house show. Brock and Bray would be very cool, see if Brock can destroy the Wyatt's or if the Wyatt's can take down the beast.
I think it will be Sheamus and the L.O.N.

I am predicting now that they'll throw The Undertaker in with Brock Lesnar going up against The Wyatt Family in a 2 on 4 handicap. It's not my ideal pick by any means but with Cena and Sting being out with injuries and Triple H/Reigns, Ambrose/Jericho, Owens/Styles, etc. being damn near locks, there's not really many other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back