Brock at Wrestlemania - who is he going to face?

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by comrade_mario, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Brock v ? at WM32

1. Alberto Del Rio

2. Bray Wyatt

3. Daniel Bryan

4. Dean Ambrose

5. Kane

6. Kevin Owens

7. Roman Reigns

8. Rusev

9. Sheamus

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. comrade_mario

comrade_mario Mid-Card Championship Winner

and who do you want him to face?

I think this is one of Vince's biggest issues heading in to Wrestlemania season. Brock is one of his biggest draws, arguably his top draw, and I don't see a natural opponent for him that people would buy as being credible. I don't see them going back to Brock v Cena, v Triple H, v Big Show or v Taker again and guys like Orton and Rollins are on the shelf. There's also the added dilemma (or opportunity) of whether you bring back Brock as a face or a heel.

I don't think they've built Bray, Owens, Ambrose or Sheamus up enough to be a credible threat yet, they've botched Del Rio's return when he could have been a great match up, Rusev has been diminished in the past twelve months, I see Reigns v Triple H at Mania, please let it not be Kane and we have no idea if Bryan will even be able to compete. It's a pretty big problem to have with a talent of Brock's drawing power.

I've listed a few names in the poll, if you think Other than please name them below.

2. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Money for nothin, chicks for free
    E-Fed Mod

Brock Lesnar vs Braun Stroman. Brock loses the match and Stroman goes on to become the dominant monster of the WWE.

3. Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Braun Strowman? Good god that might be the single worst match in the history of all of wrestling. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Braun Strowman and nobody ever will. Guys like Erick Rowan have zero potential. Braun Strowman has NEGATIVE potential.

My answer...nobody. With Orton out injured, the only intriguing possible opponent for Brock Lesnar is out. He's already ruined Undertaker's career, there's no point seeing him squash John Cena or Big Show again, and I certainly don't want a Roman Reigns rematch, it would probably be even worse than last year's unholy abomination of a match.

There's really no match that could make me interested in Brock Lesnar. I wish he'd just leave and go do ANYTHING else. WWE is better off without the cancer that is Brock Lesnar.

4. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

If Brock is the top draw then he should in reality be fighting for the title, wouldn't you think? I didn't like his last run though, simply because he wasn't there enough. And with the amount of star power on the shelf right now, we need a full time champion. Don't want to see a Reigns/Lesnar rematch. We had that last time.

Owens said he would like a go at Lesnar, not too sure if that's a good idea. Owens should be fighting Ambrose of the IC title. We've already had Lesnar/Cena, so I have no idea what they will do.

Cesaro might have been a good match for him, but he's out as well as Rollins. Yea this might be a problem.

5. King Patrick Star

King Patrick Star K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed

I would love to see Brock Lesnar put over 29 or 30 SuperStars in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. One question, why did WrestleMania 30 have 31 SuperStars and WrestleMania 31 have 30 SuperStars in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal!? If Brock Lesnar wins, great, that would be what’s expected. If Brock Lesnar loses, it’s okay, because it probably would have taken all 29, or 30, or 31, or however many SuperStars they put in this match this year, to take out the Beast. He’ll look strong win or lose.

6. Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally Sells seashells by the seashore

There are too many unknown factors to make a determination this early.

Will Seth Rollins be back.......and if he is, will he be a face or heel? Will John Cena be a good guy or bad guy? The 'nature' of both guys......and how WWE wants to depict Brock.....could drastically change the picture of what he will be doing at WM32.

Roman Reigns seems a likely opponent. I can see keeping the title from him until WM32.....then turning him bad and knocking off Brock. If they do this, it would be advisable to have Brock win the belt before then, so we can see a big-time title match.

Does WWE actually plan to make Dean Ambrose a main event player? If so, he could be Lesnar's opponent, although seeing the two of them facing off in the ring would look pretty pathetic, physique-wise......but no more pathetic than Brock and CM Punk, I guess.

Triple H vs. Brock? If they do this one again, I would say WWE Creative has pretty much closed up shop. There would have to be one hell of a compelling storyline to make this match-up seem fresh.

Braun Strowman as Brock's opponent sounds ridiculous......at this point. Yet, now that the Undertaker program is behind the Wyatt Family, if WWE wants to put them on a true reign of terror that threatens everyone in the company, perhaps Brock can be the one to put out the fire at WM32.

The only other opponent on the OP's list I like against Brock is Rusev, although a hell of a lot of build-up would be necessary. Could be a whale of a match, though.

Too early to tell. A lot can happen before next April and WWE will want to use Brock to its greatest advantage.

Let the storytelling begin.

RomanfreakinReigns likes this.
  7. the_peoples_adam

the_peoples_adam heROCKules

WM 32
    The Beast Brock Lesnar vs The Animal Batista in a cage match..
    or maybe a No disqualification or any that kinda scenario that will bring out a fierce battle between them..

This could be a bloody hell of a fight..
    This match alone can sell two AT& T stadiums if you need to..

8. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

I wanted it to be Brock Lesnar VS Antonio Cesaro...... Though it never seemed possible, yet Cesaro's injury made it impossible.....
    So now i would want it to be Batista.... I am on for Kevin Owens but only at Summerslam 2016.... Wrestlemania 32 is too soon for Owens to face the beast.... If Batista isnot available, it should be Bray Wyatt or Rusev..... No chance for Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose...

9. Redemption-2012

Redemption-2012 Getting Noticed By Management

At this point and as much as I hate to say it, Sheamus (c) versus Brock Lesnar for the WWE World title is probably the way WWE will end up going for WrestleMania. Who else do they have who's credible enough? Kevin Owens has been discussed but he has absolutely 0 build or credibility behind him right now that could justify him facing Lesnar at WrestleMania and besides, you might aswell keep that match for later when Owens is actually well built up and has enough steam behind him.

So yeah I'd go with Sheamus, it'll be a great powerhouse match similar to Reigns versus Lesnar and obviously it WON'T be the main event but just a headline match. Sheamus is actually not doing a bad job as a heel.

10. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

My personal two dream matches for Brock Lesnar are vs. Daniel Bryan and vs. Randy Orton. The first one could go down as one of the greatest matches of all time, add the World Championship in there and you have a phenomenal draw.

The second one writes itself. WWE's two youngest World Champions. The original Legend Killer Brock Lesnar vs THE Legend Killer Randy Orton.

But since they're both injured, I don't mind Lesnar who Lesnar faces, as long it's not a rematch of the previous years. With both injured, I'd like to see him face Sheamus or Owens for the title, ot maybe a returing Batista. That would sell like crazy.

11. Azane

Azane Mid-Card Championship Winner

Daniel Bryan is about the only believable matchup I could see that is going to Draw money, and not put a World Title on Brock (6 more months of not watching WWE as I like to call it).

Sheamus Vs Brock, well, Sheamus hasnt been built to fight a Brock level competitor, and a screwjob finish at a WM just gets REFUND chanted. As much as I like Sheamus, I can't take him vs Brock seriously.

I think the Roster's Thinness is really showing now, there's really nobody active that I want to see fight him, and I have NEGATIVE interest in seeing a title feud with Brock again, since he's a delicate flower that can only work a dozen times a year. (Literally the opposite of ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN TV)

12. AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen Championship Contender

Jesus has it come to this??? Really?

This proves what a moron Vince Mcmahon is and has been. Look at the fucking roster.

None of the bums employed by the WWE right now(with the exception of Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Cesaro of course) are credible/big/strong/deserving enough to face Brock at Wrestlemania. And that's a FACT. You've got The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, ...all this talent from YEARS ago and all they're right now is a bunch of bums. Brock could suplex them all on Raw and that's it, they're not worth more.

Batista? Holy Christ. Calling in an almost-50 year old Batista would only mean disaster. And even if it works, what about WM 33?

Brock vs Sheamus looks like a joke on paper, even worse than Brock vs Reigns.

Brock vs Rusev? Jesus. Does anyone actually think Brock deserves to wrestle that fat bum on the grandest stage of them all?

And finally, Brock vs Cena/HHH at this point would only lead to "boring" chants.

Therefore, I think, on account of Cesaro and Seth Rollins being out, the best option WWE has right now is Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan. Yes, and I think Lesnar vs DB would be no worse than Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose in terms of size-difference/credibility.

But had Cesaro not been out, I think the most perfect and fitting feud/opponent for Lesnar would have been Cesaro. In fact, Cesaro needed it. The WWE needed it because quite simply, the Swiss Superman could have been the Brock Lesnar of tomorrow.

I sincerely wish to the heavens that about one million people quit watching Raw and the ratings fall even more, if they(Vince Moron Mcmahon) go with Lesnar vs Sheamus or Lesnar vs Reigns.

13. kadroan

kadroan King Of The Ring

I think he'll face Sheamus. I could see WWE building up LON as a legit stable dominating over the next couple of months, screwing Reigns from winning the title and whoever crosses their path.

It just wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to get Reigns in the matchup, having him beat both Sheamus and Brock would somehow make him look dominant.

From a business sense, it wouldn't surprise me if he faces HHH again, top face vs. top heel. It probably would close out the show. Like Reigns, Brock has been on the title hunt and been screwed.

14. Greg4WWE

Greg4WWE Pre-Show Stalwart

The Rock would have been best but that isn't gonna happen. SCSA would be tremendous story, but not going to happen.

I am really not sure. The UT vs Brock in a gimmick match could work, but who wants to see UT lose yet again to Brock?

At this point Reigns makes the most sense. Sheamus? Cmon! Just no. Have Reigns beat Sheamus for the title then have Brock destroy Reigns citing he never lost the title clean and deserves his rematch. Even have him align with the Authority.

No way Rollins is ready by WM. And it appears WWE isn't gonna let DB wrestle again.

This is really the only thing that makes sense to me at this point. But Brock would have to be built up yet again as a monster heel.

15. Messiah

Messiah WWE Champion

I agree with that, that's why Orton must finally face Lesnar at WrestleMania, if he's healthy enough.. It's a match people have wanted to see for year's and they're too stupid to pull the trigger on it.

RomanfreakinReigns likes this.
  16. NxtBigThing

NxtBigThing Occasional Pre-Show

I really wanted Cesaro like a previous poster, because it had a great chance to be a classic. I don't see anyone that I like him to see on the current roster honestly. If they built someone up on a big winning streak like Owens then I'd be excited. I don't know why a lot are into him vs Batista since he didn't look that impressive in the ring the last time he was with the WWE. The guy I'd like to see Lesnar face is a returning Kurt Angle since he can still wrestle and they could put on another classic in my opinion. Maybe Lesnar can redeem himself from his botched Wrestle Mania 19 shooting star press and nail it this time.

17. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

E-Fed Mod

Not sure what your beef is with Stroman. Do you think he should be wearing spandex and put a mask on ? Maybe advertise him as a high flyer ? He's clearly a monster, yet hasn't been allowed to compete in a high profile one on one feud with anyone. Give the guy a chance before you hang him on the Cross of Suck.

Mustang Sally likes this.
  18. Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686 Mid-Card Championship Winner

He shouldn't be in anything even REMOTELY high profile. He wasn't even good enough to be in developmental because they had nothing for him, and they sent him to the main roster immediately. All he does is stand around and try (and fail) to look intimidating because that's all he can do. He makes The Great Khali look like Kurt Angle. The fact that he looks like a giant baby makes it impossible to take him seriously as a threat.

19. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

Isn't Batista sort of in the same position as the Rock is? You know movie star that can't wrestle anymore. Plus Batista's been out too long now, he wasn't that great 3 years ago when he was gassed halfway through the match.

i guess the only options looking at the roster is Rusev or Sheamus, and I'm not high on either one. Sheamus might be a good match, he can match Lesnar in height and speed, but I think he'll get killed in there. Lesnar might have a hard time lifting Rusev 15 times to suplex him, but again, Lesnar isn't going to stand around and let him put the Accolade on him.

They need Lesnar to wrestle at Mania, and unless Vince can pull someone out of the blue, those are the two best choices they have right now.

20. Checkmate

Checkmate .you.lose.

Roman Reigns, Sheamus, or Bray Wyatt seem to be the three main options, considering everyone else he's either fought already or is out with an injury.

Reigns or Sheamus would be a championship match, in all likelihood, with the latter potentially being a League of Nations vs Brock Lesnar feud. It could work, and if the WWE wants a Triple H/Roman Reigns match, then I doubt that will be for the title, meaning Sheamus will still be champion. If they go Reigns/Cena for the title instead, perhaps the Lesnar/League feud still happens and that's where Lesnar/Sheamus comes in.

Wyatt/Lesnar is all about Wyatt picking a fight, maybe even in a warped Undertaker's legacy vs Brock Lesnar type of thing. I dunno. Lesnar could maul all 4 of those guys and put on a show.

And then there is the rumored Kevin Owens idea, but I think that's only something they should do if Owens is going to come out a winner, and I don't think Brock is losing at Wrestlemania this year unless he faces Roman Reigns.

21. comrade_mario

comrade_mario Mid-Card Championship Winner

I see Batista v Brock is getting a lot of love in here but I'm not sure why Batista would risk coming out of his successful movie career for what could be a dangerous match. Brock works stiff and Batista has two big movies (Guardians 2 and Bushwick) to film in 2016, not sure why he'd risk it or if either of those two pictures would really allow him to do it. Apparently Rock had some heat on him in Hollywood when he came out of the Cena rematch injured and Batista would have taken note of that, or at least his agent would have.

I think WWE needs to face it that their roster of part time talent to return for Mania is pretty much finished. They've really booked themselves in to a bad place by relying on them to the extent that they have. Undertaker will, probably, be gone after this year's Mania as well and I think it's safe to say that the idea of Triple H facing whoever is getting hot every year just isn't that appealing.

22. Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally Sells seashells by the seashore

I'm with Dark Lady. Regardless of how good (or bad) Batista might be as an opponent for anyone, I can't help think that although he might be leaving the option of a return open for public relations purposes, he's actually closed the door on any possible future participation in WWE.

That's my guess. Maybe I'm wrong.....after all, money is a strong incentive, but after witnessing the negative reaction to Batista's last go-around, I don't know why WWE would want to give him the bucks it would require. If he were struggling in Hollywood, he might want to use WWE as a vehicle to get his name back in circulation, as the Rock has cleverly done.......but by some miracle, Big Dave seems to have movie roles coming up.

So, he doesn't need us....and we sure don't need him.

They can find someone else for Brock, hopefully someone who works here full-time and can devote himself to building a program with Lesnar that leads to WM32.

23. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

I can legitimately see it being Bray Wyatt. Would have been a hell of a lot better had the Wyatts beat the BOD but that's another topic.

In the last two Mania's, Bray Wyatt has gone up against John Cena and The Undertaker despite not doing a whole hell of a lot throughout the year... I see the same scenario happening this year. Brock has faced Cena 3 times, Taker 3 times, HHH 3 times, Seth Rollins twice, and Reigns last year. As a result, I don't see any of these guys being the one to face Lesnar at Mania. Some of your other options could work but other than Sheamus, none really seem in a good enough position to take on Lesnar this year. I guess they could start building Owens or Del Rio for a Lesnar match but the build would have to be soon and the push very strong. Again, I just don't see that happening.

There are a few reason why Wyatt could work. First of all, he has his family. While Bray alone may not make a feasible opponent for Lesnar, Bray with Harper, Rowan, and Stroman at his back is a real threat. Secondly, he's instantly credible with the casual audience, however much some here may despise him. They would buy a Lesnar/Wyatt match. Would they buy a Rusev/Lesnar or Ambrose/Lesnar match? I'm not too sure. Lastly, while Bray has interacted with Cena, Taker, Jericho, and other "mega-stars", they have kept him away from Brock. With the lack of available options, Bray/Brock would, at the least, be a fresh and intriguing match... until Wyatt loses again.

Mitch Henessey likes this.
  24. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

E-Fed Mod

Plus Batista was rusty as hell and lost half of the intensity he used to have before he left WWE. If he came back again the reaction would be mild, even if he was facing Lesnar. I doubt Batista would do this if it meant a hilarious two minute squash by Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Though that would probably be funny as hell.

25. KromyD

KromyD Pre-Show Stalwart

With limited options for Brock at WM32, does anyone think WWE may look at a triple threat match for the WWEWHC title? Reigns VS Brock VS Sheamus? (That is of course if Cena/Taker is a shoe in), it seems logical and something WWE would do lol.

That probably sets up a HHH/Batista feud too if they do need him to draw 100,000+ in texas and the seed to that is already planted with Batista 'not getting what he was owed' during his last run, here comes his frustration towards HHH (as a heel too) than a feud with Reigns probably putting him over untill Elimination Chamber before he returns to Hollywood for Guardians 2.