Books That Should Be TV Series

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to see what others thought. Much like Game of Thrones I am under the belief that different book series could easily become very popular TV/Netflix/HBO shows.

Some ideas would be to do things like Lord of The Rings which is prettt similar to Game of Thrones in a lot of ways. I think it has an audience and would be able to flesh out details of the journey.

A few years from a Harry Potter TV series I think could be really effective, focusing on the major stories but also the every day school life.

I even think a series based on Percy Jackson would be watched. The movies were eh but I don't think they had time to flesh out the camp life.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have loved reading my entire life so this is a question I've thought about a lot over the years. There is simply too much content in a book to make a movie with a real close adaptation, but spread out over a whole series it could be done better. The way in which a lot of authors break for chapters with some sort of small climax could work well to end season episodes on a high note and set the stage for the next weeks show.

I believe this would work well for some of the popular thriller writers out there. I'd like to see a series based on John Sandford's Prey series. If successful they even spin off some of the Virgil Flowers novels. I've heard they do have a series on Michael Connelly character Harry Bosch now but haven't seen it and don't know if it is directly based on any of the books.

I rarely read any westerns but Larry McMurtry's Call and McRae books are brilliant. They made one of the most popular mini-series of all time off of them but there is more than enough content for several years worth of episodes. Heck, Lonesome Dove may not even be the best book in the series. The mini-series has had such enduring popularity I think there would be plenty of interest in a well made television series.

I'd love to see a series based off of my favorite book, Fugitive Moon, by Ron Faust. It's kind of weird and dark but believe they could do wonderful things with it. Would probably have to be one of those Netflix or HBO originals-type things, though.

I rated the thread excellent, looking forward to reading other peoples input!

I had something come to me when I was walking that I think would be really interesting. Maybe somewhat hard to do but could potentially be a hit.

Do a show that's based on Dr. Seuss characters potentially being in the real world. It would be very similar to Once Upon a Time where they could make up stories based upon his characters, but also use the silly playfulness that comes with Seuss. I'd give that a for sure chance.

I tell you, the greatest series of books that I have ever read would be the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben.

Idk if anyone has ever read these books but they're about a sports agent/private detective that used to be a NBA player but he got injured. So he opened up a sports agency and now he and his incredibly rich best friend Win solve mysteries involving their clients. It's a spectacular series and I'm telling you each book grabs you and doesn't let you go from beginning to end. If you haven't read any books in this series, I suggest you do so.

I always said that they would make a hell of a movie franchise or a tv series.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SSJPhenom again"

Terrific selection. That is one of my favorite series, I actually just got done re-reading most of the books about a month ago. Bolitar would make for a great lead character and Win Lockwood is one of the most interesting characters around right now, imo.

The New Jedi Order series. The series of books that includes the Yuuzhan Vong War. It's 100 times better than what they're doing now. Even Timothy Zhans trilogy is better storytelling than what Disney has done to the movie-line of the story arc. The Book Universe built up over the years has been pretty much trashed for this new story being told by Disney.

A series revolving around Ender's Game and the books that followed the classic. (Ignoring that movie that claimed it was Ender's Game....*puke noise*)

Some other works by Jeffery Deaver. A couple have been made into movies like Bone Collector, but he has dozens and dozens of other books that could be easily made into a series on television or single movie entries. Deaver is an excellent crime novelist that would easily translate to the television screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back