Booker T

BC 21

Occasional Pre-Show
Is it me or is Booker trying to talk like royalty annoying. He could pull of his king Booker character without the stupid accent and verbage. The only thing more annoying is Sharmell when they come to the ring and her constant "all hail king Booker". They need to get rid of this storyline, QUICK!!!

The accent is gold. Then again, I love everything about the gimmick... except Sharmel. Every expression from booker is hilarious yet sharmel seems to be lacking.

I personally don't like the King Booker gimmick. But if it's what has to be done in order to get Booker over and a title run, so be it. The man has deserved a title run for the longest, but he could have done it with his old gimmick. I miss the old entrance music, and the old pyro. I felt like he had more intensity with that gimmick, and it sucks to see that gone.

Either way, this title run is long overdue. They should have gave him the title back at Wrestlemania 19 when he faced Triple H. It would have been perfect at that time.

The annoyance is intentional. Booker T and Sharmell are heels, and they are supposed to get under the skins of the fans. What a concept!

I don't like the King Booker gimmick and I think everyone knows that the "All Hail King Booker" thing is getting really annoying. The creative team - despite all their horrible errors - are most likely not stupid men and I'm damn sure that they're annoyed by the chant too. Booker was far funnier and I actually looked forward to seeing him when he was Booker T. One thing I do find funny though is that one time acted like he was gonna use his sword when he was retreating from the ring.

I think they should maintain the gimmick, change the music, drop the accent, and get him back to the Booker T mentality except still thinking he's royalty. He'd be so funny dressed like a king but still acting like himself.

Not arguing the title or the heel part. I get all that. I think he could have pulled off the whole thing without the stupid ass accent.

Problem you have with what they are doing now is, when his "new" music hits, most people are leaving the arena to get concessions, take a break, whatever. They aren't staying to watch or listen to him.

What a gimmick is right!!! Booker T is a exceptional athelete and I think the creative team realized they would have never had gotten him over with his old gimmick unfortunately. So after Batista dropped the title and Angle won it , the WWE realized that they were gonna have to change his gimmick quickly. Vince and the WWE know way ahead of time what storylines and characters they have to move. They knew Batisata was gonna have to leave for his rehab so they strapped the belt to Angle. They knew they would have to move Angle to ECW to give it more intensity so they strapped the belt to Rey at Mania. They also gave the belt to Rey out of respect and memory for Eddie. They knew in the near future that they did not want to loose a calibar wrestler like Chavo so they start planning this feud actually around Mania time. So the King of the Ring tournament came up and figured this was perfect opportunity to change Booker's image. ( Notice they didnt have that tournament last year) so with that in mind they unstrapped Rey of the title so he can feud with Chavo and strapped Booker with the title as a perfect annoying heel. this is a prime example of a GREAT athlete that now has to rely on his WWE gimmick to get him over instead of his abilities. TOO BAD. I wish the WWE would just let these performers shine through their abilities.

The accent is probably unecessary. Sharmell is annoying. But I LOVE the words that they use now that they are royalty. Calling people rogues, peasants, jezebels, scoundrels. I laughed when Booker asked RVD "You want to joust with King Booker?", "Yeah, I want to joust with King Booker". LOL

Smooooth...

Imagine Booker as his old character though...

"Bow down and kiss my royal feet.... sucka..." [Insert Spinaroonie]

lol..

I agree with most people, The King gimmick is not as good as his old gimmick but I am glad he is finally the champ. I wish he would drop the King gimmick soon tho. His old music was great. I hope he is still champ when he switches back to the old Booker T....SUCKA!

Booker T suck after NWO he dont even wrestle much just two times a month i guess..I wish boby lashley will beat him and become the WHC...

Na, Booker's just been made into a bit of a joke since he joined WWE, he's desereved the belt for so long, they even gave it to Mr. Spinny-bling before him. However, I do find the King Booker gimmick pretty hilarious "listen, Booker" "KING Booker!!", that's about the height of it though.

I actually like the gimmick because booker can actually pull it off, if they tried this with anyone else it would be terrible, c mon booker is hilarious, although it would definely be better if it were more of a mess between the old booker and the King. i miss the spineroni.

The spinerooni made a brief appearance on ECW. But yeah, the fact that creative doesn't think Booker could get over by himself makes me think that maybe he should..oh, i dunno...LEAVE!!!! But, at least he is being a man and running with the gimmick, I mean, come on, who else would be able to pull off the gimmick the way Booker does...I love it when he calls Teddy Long Thaddeus, it friggin great, just, maybe he could be more like Henry VIII, look at Sharmell and be like...OFF WITH HER HEAD...SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

King Bookers hilarious and I think he is the most entertaining wrestler on smackdown at the moment. Sharmell is preety annoying though

I love Booker. He's been a favorite of mine for years. He's hilarious. He called Vito a maden and he called Edge like five different names at SummerSlam (rogue, peasant)

im ok with the king thing but he can at least drop two things the talkin posh or english or wot ever coz non of us english talk like that

and two is to get rid of that dog that sum how can talk but it can only say 4 words and it happens evry time booker t comes out to the ring but ive know never to say those words lol

Booker's gimmick is great(agree that Sharmell is annoying, but whatever you gotta do to keep your wife on the road with you i guess). I thought it was hilarious on SD last Friday when he was acting all proper, but when Teddy said he'd face Undertaker he dropped the act and started acting like the old booker again. Thats what I think really makes it work, it shows Booker is buying inot thinking he's a King, but is really just the old Booker at heart. I also think this will set up an eventul face turn down the road, he'll stop being King Booker and the fans will love seing the spinaroonie, but thats probably a long ways away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back