Book This tournament!

What type of match should the Book This tournament utilize?

• Single's match

• Stipulation match

• Pick your own

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
I see alot of discussion over what the stipulation for the match should be in the Book This tournament! I figured the easiest way to decide would be to take it to a vote, as it doesn't matter to me what type of match you use.

I love Book This!, so when Jammin asked me to be the judge for the tournament, I happily said yes. Ill leave the poll up for 72 hours to give everyone ample time to think about it. Ill have the rules up later tonight for the tourney. Theyre pretty simplistic. With any of the three choices, Im looking for content over style, per se, so the match stipulation doesn't matter to me.

The following are the rules for the Book This Tournament. If you see something in here you disagree with, please feel free to question me on it here. Im not a booker, all of you are the experts here, so I want this to be
your tournament. I just really enjoy doing the reviews. So if there's something here you disagree with or don't like, please let me know.

Rules/Critetia of the Tournament​

1. The poll is up to determine the stipulation of the match. I saw quite a few good points for each, so I gave you three options with which to vote on. I forgot to put a time up, but the poll will "officially" close for tallying purposes at 12:01 am, Saturday August 20th.

2. You will have a week to create your match. I understand life gets in the way, so i want to provide ample opportunity for all of you to get your matches up. This will start Sunday the 21st at 12pm and last until Sunday the 28th at 11:59am. No extra points will be awarded or taken away based upon the order that you post. Ill post it in the non-spam section, and you can follow with your posts.

3. The match time should be between a 15-17 minute match. Write the match as if it's the main event match of a PPV. Heres the criteria Im going to use to grade the matches.

A. A match that has a beginning, middle, and an end. Basically the way the match is built to a conclusion.

B. Writing a match description that fits within the time allotted for the match. Its tricky, and theres leeway. If its close, it will get graded well. Going too short or WAY too long would obviously result in a lesser score.

C. Nailing the performers in the ring. Their moveset, facial expressions, how they play to the crowd, etc.

D. Clearly spelled out. Higher scores would go in this category for those whose writing is the most cohesive and understandable. I dont want to have to guess, I want to read through and understand the flow of the match.

E. Giving the match an epic feel. I want to see one that Id read in a review and say "Damn! I need to see this match!"

These are the five criteria Ill be using. Ill be using a 5 star system, scoring each of the criteria Ive given on a 0-5 scale. All are of equal importance, so Ill be averaging the 5 to give you the final score.

4. To provide incentive for participation, the following "prizes" will be awarded:

A. First Place: Daily Rep for a month
B. Second Place: Daily Rep for two weeks
C. Third Place: Daily Rep for a week
D. Fourth-Fifth: Three days of Rep
E. All others: Rep for participation.

5. Ill have the actual thread up Sunday Morning by 12pm(EST), possibly the night before. You can begin posting in it when the thread is up. It will be in the non-spam section. Any questions or discussion can be placed in this thread. Ill begin scoring them as they come in, with a breakdown Ill PM to each of you. The scores will be posted when the deadline passes and Im able to score each, with detail. Im hoping to get the final tallies up 3 days after the tournament ends. Have fun with this guys, and feel free to ask me anything or leave comments in here.

Reactions: GCB
What about a back story as to why these two random guys are wrestling and are in the main event of the random company ppv

Alright, just wondering, because for one of my matches I had 2,177 words, and put 18:53 as the time. I was thinking that's a little much, but I'm not sure.

If I may make a suggestion or two, dispite my words not holding any water, I can see this being a series of matches (maybe three), each match would be scored, the person with the highest score after the series wins the entire tournament.

I also think that LSN should pick the wrestlers involved, as well as match type, and maybe even anything else he would like to happen in the match such as Wrestler A wins via submission or Wrestler C does a run in etc. In essense, he'd be the booker and determine a number of variables for the match, and then you guys write it out. This would provide everyone with an even playing field, and the winner would truly be decided based on writing and creativity.

Having a series of matches, would allow each match to have more challenges than the one before it. For example, match one could be a singles match between John Cena and CM Punk. Match two could be a no DQ triple threat match between Randy Orton, Christian and Sheamus. Match three could be a Money in the Bank match between six people.

Obviously you wouldn't want to get burned out, so maybe this tournament could consist of three to five matches.

Just an idea.

Good luck to all involved. I'm debating if I would want to through my name into this as it does sound like it could be fun.

What about a back story as to why these two random guys are wrestling and are in the main event of the random company ppv

Absolutely doable. You can write a backstory as well, that wouldnt take away from your match time alotted. It would be part of the "epic feel" I was referring to.

From what I understand it is a choice of whoever we want to use. Though it would be a nice added twist if LSN picked the competitors for everyone to use or even PM'd us two wrestlers to use. Either way, I'm down for anything.

Poll forthcoming on this.

Also, about how many words is a 15-17 minute match?

Its not so much about words, but about content. This is the category that Ill be most flexible in. Think about how long you would put into writing your 15-17 minute match, and use that. If this is too difficult a criteria to navigate, I can throw it out.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3352632 said:
Go to the Book This General Discussion thread Baller, say something to Jam.

ill put up a thread where all contestants can sign up in. Jammin gave me a list, so I know those guys are in, but you can use it to make it official, or if you decide to join. I just need to know by 12 pm. If you've signed up through Jammin already, i know youre in.

If I may make a suggestion or two, dispite my words not holding any water, I can see this being a series of matches (maybe three), each match would be scored, the person with the highest score after the series wins the entire tournament.

Im going to take this one to a vote. Any opinion holds water with me, but I want to be sensitive to their time, as they write their own shows as well. One of the biggest obstacles we ran into in the Sports Debate league was that people fell so far behind, they just dropped out. I adjusted the rep to keep everyone involved(as I was only going to give multiple rep to the top 3, but but expanded it to top 5.) So we'll vote on this, and it will stay open for 48 hours.

I also think that LSN should pick the wrestlers involved, as well as match type, and maybe even anything else he would like to happen in the match such as Wrestler A wins via submission or Wrestler C does a run in etc. In essense, he'd be the booker and determine a number of variables for the match, and then you guys write it out. This would provide everyone with an even playing field, and the winner would truly be decided based on writing and creativity.

Id rather not play the booker here. These guys are the bookers, Im simply a huge fan of reviewing what they write. I put a poll up to decide what kind of match they'ld prefer, but if it goes to multiple rounds, I could up the ante to make this more of a challenge for all of them.

Good luck to all involved. I'm debating if I would want to through my name into this as it does sound like it could be fun.

Im not going to set the criteria here on who joins and who doesn't. Would love to have you in this myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back