Book Roman Reigns like the Patriots

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
The New England Patriots caught a lot of flack heading into Super Bowl 49. Deflategate was the chatter all the way up to kick-off. Legends such as Joe Montana and Troy Aikman made unflattering comments toward Tom Brady. If WWE is smart, they will create a "Roman against the world" mentality like the Patriots had to adopt.

There are some who say the Patriots were fired up for their game, that they had a chip on their shoulder, because of all the naysayers heading into their title game. Why not do the same with Roman?

Roman the character should feed off the doubts and dominate at WrestleMania. Legends like Mick Foley could question Roman's toughness. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels could question his wrestling ability. Even Hulk Hogan could say, "I have worked with the Rock. I know the Rock. The Rock is my friend. You are no Rock." JBL from the announce booth could say Roman can't win without the Shield.

Then, at WrestleMania, Roman Reigns goes berserk and even freaks out Lesnar. He feeds off the doubts and the boos. He steamrolls over the Beast. Cena did it for Brock, Brock can do it for Reigns. It's all about giving back.

If WWE piles on Roman the way the media piled on the Patriots, it could set up Roman for a career-altering victory at WrestleMania. What are your thoughts? Do you think the "pile on Roman" approach could work?

I kind of like this idea to be honest.
The only problem is it's pretty clear how it's gonna be booked. Try to pony off the YES! Movement or any other thing/superstar who is already over because they are stale and stupid and can't get a guy over for their lives at this point. Sad really.

Not a bad concept. It certainly needs a bit more development. My first concern (and I realize Reigns isn't exactly like the Pats) but I can't help to think about the continued/growing hate targeted towards the Patriots. Hardly anyone respects them for defying the doubters. I'd hate to see this happen to Reigns.

So basically what the OP is saying is give Roman Reigns the "Daniel Bryan" treatment?

Remember last year when Bryan was being told he was a "B" player, he couldn't wrestle in the big matches, he wasn't main event material. It had the desired effect, the fans said the the WWE "fuck you" and rallied behind their guy.

How would this work with Reigns? A wrestler that has been built up as a badass, someone who is unstoppable, a powerhouse, the juggernaut? A month and a half before Mania, we're supposed to now believe that Reigns isn't good enough to enter the main event, because he simply can't do it, even though he's been hotshotted to the moon. Jesus Christ.

Listen it's getting to the point where I don't give a rat's ass who is in the main event anymore. I'm tired of having my intelligence or lack thereof being insulted by the WWE. They could put Rowan/Harper/Axle/Ziggler/Uso's/Mizdow in there and I don't care anymore.

So basically what the OP is saying is give Roman Reigns the "Daniel Bryan" treatment?

Remember last year when Bryan was being told he was a "B" player, he couldn't wrestle in the big matches, he wasn't main event material. It had the desired effect, the fans said the the WWE "fuck you" and rallied behind their guy.

How would this work with Reigns? A wrestler that has been built up as a badass, someone who is unstoppable, a powerhouse, the juggernaut? A month and a half before Mania, we're supposed to now believe that Reigns isn't good enough to enter the main event, because he simply can't do it, even though he's been hotshotted to the moon. Jesus Christ.

Listen it's getting to the point where I don't give a rat's ass who is in the main event anymore. I'm tired of having my intelligence or lack thereof being insulted by the WWE. They could put Rowan/Harper/Axle/Ziggler/Uso's/Mizdow in there and I don't care anymore.

No reason to get worked up over this. You have to follow the NFL to get where I am coming from. If you don't get it there is nothing more I can add.

I am not saying to book Roman Reigns like Daniel Bryan. RR wouldn't be so much of an underdog as he would a bear who has been poked too many times.

So what, you want him to just start cheating to win? I think we just call that turning heel.

Not an awful idea really. Lesnar could easily play the face if need be.

So what, you want him to just start cheating to win? I think we just call that turning heel.

Not an awful idea really. Lesnar could easily play the face if need be.

The constant use of Big Show and Kane as 'strong' Main Event heels, makes me think it would be great to have Heel Reigns take out Brock and have a heel run from there.

The New England Patriots caught a lot of flack heading into Super Bowl 49. Deflategate was the chatter all the way up to kick-off. Legends such as Joe Montana and Troy Aikman made unflattering comments toward Tom Brady. If WWE is smart, they will create a "Roman against the world" mentality like the Patriots had to adopt.

There are some who say the Patriots were fired up for their game, that they had a chip on their shoulder, because of all the naysayers heading into their title game. Why not do the same with Roman?

Roman the character should feed off the doubts and dominate at WrestleMania. Legends like Mick Foley could question Roman's toughness. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels could question his wrestling ability. Even Hulk Hogan could say, "I have worked with the Rock. I know the Rock. The Rock is my friend. You are no Rock." JBL from the announce booth could say Roman can't win without the Shield.

Then, at WrestleMania, Roman Reigns goes berserk and even freaks out Lesnar. He feeds off the doubts and the boos. He steamrolls over the Beast. Cena did it for Brock, Brock can do it for Reigns. It's all about giving back.

If WWE piles on Roman the way the media piled on the Patriots, it could set up Roman for a career-altering victory at WrestleMania. What are your thoughts? Do you think the "pile on Roman" approach could work?

Only problem is they also have to write Daniel Bryan as the underdog now too since it'll be a triple threat.

YAY. YAY. YAY. YAY.

That sounds like a good idea, but having Daniel Bryan in the mix complicates matters.

This thread further goes to prove the WWE should hire true fans and not the idiots they choose to employ.

A good idea that might work, that basic outline it was got Bryan so much momentum last year. But I think a problem is that the "reality" era fans won't buy it. They know that he was Vince's golden boy of the future and the only reason they are doing it is because fans like Daniel Bryan more.

Maybe they should use the same concept in reverse. Maybe they could discover that Reigns had been loading his gloves with something this whole time and that's why the superman punch has been so effective. After the announcement you could go several different ways. You could say he's been a cheater this whole time, and he goes heel. He could admit that he was trying to gain an advantage and the Authority tries to punish him with beat downs and he gains fan support. Or you could just let fans decide if they like a clean cut guy or a guy that will cheat to win.

Who says Reigns has to be a face as he comes across better really as a heel. The problem is that Vince has to keep changing the match. I think they should have planned this out a lot better with definitely a plan B to deal with Bryan and Reigns both getting hurt and then they have to throw everything together on the fly but the fans didnt take to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back