Bold predictions: 2016

RobertTheBruce

Occasional Pre-Show
Based on the current flock of new talent WWE/NXT is bursting with, what bold predictions do you have for next year? Here's mine:

1. Tyler Breeze/Dolph Ziggler Tag Team Champions.

2. Sasha Banks WWE divas champion.

3. Curtis Axel in the main event shuffle.

4. Baron Corbin WWE Midcard champion.

5. Seth Rollins trading heavyweight title with former shield members.

6. Kevin Owens longest reigning NXT champion.

I can see a lot of that happening especially with Sasha Banks. Curtis Axle though won't be anywhere near the top of the food chain. He was on NXT tonight getting his ass handed to him by Itami.

I admire people looking forward to the future of WWE as fans, but we have just finished week 1 of 52 of 2015. Why would you want to even try and predict events in WWE for 2016? At least wait until August haha

I see adrian neville, sami zayn, hideo itami and baron corbin will be midcard players. Rollins and reigns will have world title reigns possibly even bray wyatt or ambrose in that talk. I think cena will still be a top player but will have a lesser role in title. As long as WWE keeps sticking to building young new talent with a creative change we could be in for a great future for pro wrestling.

Firstly, to those who are suggesting its ridiculous to make predictions now - that's kind of the point! Why would we wait until things are already shaping up for 2016 before making bold predictions?

My predictions for 2016.
- Damien Sandow/Mizdow solidly in the midcard/upper midcard, with a couple of decent IC/US Title reigns to his name.
- Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens solidly in (or on the way to) the main event of the WWE, tussling it out with Cena, Ziggler, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt, Orton and Sheamus.
- Neville, Tyler Breeze, Tyson Kidd, (possibly - see further down) Cesaro, Harper and Itami fighting it out for the IC/US titles in the mid-card.
- Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey to have improved and become the kings of NXT.

And my less likely (in my opinion) predictions (either just because I have trouble seeing it, or there's some caveat to it happening):
- Cesaro, Harper, Rusev and Barrett in the main event with the other names I mentioned.
- Itami in the main event (provided his English skills come along and he can get over somewhat with the US crowds - they'll push him to the moon for his international cred IMO).
- A resurgence in tag team wrestling led by The Usos, The Ascension (who will find a way to get over), The Vaudevillains, The Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores (who will evolve and change into a somewhat more serious version of their gimmick) along with some other teams who are signed/formed (a team with Justin Gabriel and someone maybe?)
- A Divas division resurgence with AJ, Paige, Natalya, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Carmella, Naomi, The Bellas and Tamina mixing it up with at least a couple of simultaneous feuds going on.
- Uhaa Nation moving up through the main roster towards the main event.
- Colin Cassady to be a solid midcarder with Enzo Amore as his mouthpiece to bounce off.

I have a funny feeling that most of this won't end up happening (they're pretty biased predictions), but if it all did, I don't think we'd mind that there's a gajillion hours of WWE TV each week, because the card would be stacked. Lol.

Some are "bolder" than others but here are a few long shot 2016 predictions...

- Bray Wyatt will turn face
- Dean Ambrose will hold the WWE Title for most of the year
- Kevin Owens will win MitB
- Sami Zayn will win his 1st singles gold on the main roster
- Finn Balor & Hideo Itami will become singles stars on the main roster
- Damien Mizdow will win his 2nd mid-card title
- Sting will enter the WWE Hall of Fame
- The Main Event of Wrestlemania 32 will involve two 1st time main eventers
- Triple H will wrestle his last TV match
- Bad News Barrett will main event & be released all in the same year

Bold predictions…

-Reigns turns heel
-Cena breaks Flairs title record
-HHH is WWE champion
-Zack Ryder is released
-Finn Balor gets called up before Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville
-Seth Rollins wins WWE title and turns face on the authority
-DDP and Randy Savage both get in the HoF
-TNA and ROH do a joint show together
-WWE signs Ricochet/Prince Puma

Here's my list of bold predictions:

1. Reigns will break CM Punk's WWE Championship title reign record.
2. No Taker vs. Sting at WrestleMania 32.
3. Stone Cold will make his wrestling return at WrestleMania 32 and face Cena.
4. Bray Wyatt will win the MITB Briefcase.
5. Undertaker will headline the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame.

Some of these seem extremely plausible. Especially when you consider how bold saying at WM30 in a year we'll be staring down the barrel of a main event in 12 months time, featuring Brock Lesnar as the champ defending against two possible former shield members.

Or that Ziggler or Ryback would be anywhere near the main event. Or that Damian Sandow would somehow become relevant again. Or stardust. Or Erick Rowan would be the only face from the Wyatt breakup. Or Punk joing UFC.

Dolph Ziggler will be medically retired - 3rd concussion will take him out of the game, may even happen in 15.

Randy Orton will leave the WWE/fail his 3rd Wellness Violation they may mask it as a "retirement" or injury.

HOF Class is Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Kane, British Bulldogs, Hugh Jackman (celeb wing...more below) and Kevin Sullivan.

At Mania, Hugh Jackman teams with Dolph Ziggler against The Miz and Tyler Breeze.

Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane and Taker all officially retire, with Mark Calloway becoming "Life President" of WWE/Authority Figure ala Jack Tunny.

Adrian Neville and Harry Smith win the Tag Titles as the British Bulldogs and feud with Finn Balor and Sheamus for much of the year.

BNB cashes in his MITB from 2015 on the major UK tour after Mania having retired Chris Jericho at Mania, winning the title on "home soil".

Wow, one of my bold predictions for 2016 in this thread was Savage gets in HoF, but it came true a week later! Guess I need to come up with some new ones…

-Kenny Omega signs with WWE
-TNA goes out of business
-WWE buys TNA tape library
-WWE network gets cancelled (this would suck)
-Shane McMahon makes an appearance at WM 32.

Here's a few of my predictions-

TNA and GFW announce an interpromotional partnership/talent exchange program, which is the one business move that saves TNA's ass, giving it a surprising resurgence..

Undertaker doesn't wrestle at Wrestlemania 32 but is inducted into the Hall Of Fame in Dallas.

Sting wrestles either The Rock or Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania 32.

WWE actually signs a few female Japanese wrestlers, which finally starts to turn the women's division around..

JBL gives The Bunny the Clothesline From Hell.

Ambrose finally becomes a long-term tweener.

-John Cena vs Roman Reigns main events WrestleMania 32; And John Cena finally turns heel in the match.
-The Undertaker goes in the Hall Of Fame
-John Cena goes part-time
-The Rock or Triple H retires
-Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt or The Rock, Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan, Triple H (face) vs Dean Ambrose (heel) also are main event matches at WrestleMania 32
-Tyson Kidd get's a huge push
-Cesaro turns face and get's a huge push
-Mizdow becomes a jobber again

My bold predictions:

Cena will be a part timer, or he stops wrestling altogether and becomes GM of Raw or Smackdown

Ziggler, Rollins, Bray, Ambrose, Roman, Cody Rhodes/Stardust will be the top guys

Undertaker will officially retire and be inducted to HoF.

Orton will be in TNA

Speaking of TNA, they will get a bump in ratings and become more of a competitor after a few big decisions are made and a few select WWE guys jump ship.

There will be a WCW wing in the HoF - Only way Sting will get inducted. Flair will get his third ring lol

Miz will be in TNA unless he wants to be a jobber in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back