Bobby Roode To Be Revealed As Long Lost Son Of....

Glacier

Pre-Show Stalwart
Rick Rude?

Not really, but that is no more silly than the Jason Jordan/Kurt
Angle thing.

What were they thinking?

Kurt Angle cried and went on, but now it seems like he is almost
about to laugh every time he calls Jordan "son".

This is one of the worst storylines ever, about as silly as when
Isaac Yankem offered free dentistry to all wrestlers.

Eh, if you don't like it that's your choice but it just seems more like you being too smart for your own good rather than even trying to be entertained. It's no more silly than 95% of anything else that goes on in pro wrestling, not just WWE but pro wrestling as a whole because when you look at it objectively, pro wrestling is pretty silly.

They do have similar mannerisms inside the ring, Jordan does somewhat resemble Angle, playing up their connection as amateur wrestlers is a nice touch. All in all, I've got no real complaints about how it's gone thus far. They're not trying to hot shot Jordan to the top of the card, they're not trying to give him too much too quickly and they generally seem to be taking their time so far. I'm not sure that Jordan is ready to be Intercontinental Champion, I think it'd work out best if they had him give a strong performance but ultimately come up short and maybe put the title on him a little further down the road.

Overall though, this could be INFINITELY worse than what we've seen so far and, in my opinion, what we've seen really isn't bad. It hasn't been groundbreaking or anything, but it's been pretty solid in my eyes.

Jason Jordan just isn't ready to branch out on his own yet. He was in development for what like 5 years? Chad Gable basically saved his career with American Alpha. The guy has a great look and has put on tremendous tag matches in the past. I see him fitting in nicely in a Shelton Benjamin style role, solid midcard career but never quite being able to reach that next level. His charisma is just nonexistent, but tearing it up in the midcard and maybe having a handful of World title shots throughout his career is hardly a failure.

I don't get the statements people are making when they say he isn't ready for the Intercontinental Title. What is there to be ready for? That title has been a joke since probably after Mysterio and Jericho made it relevant again. Santino Marella won the thing in his debut match. Guys like Ambrose, Barrett and more have held onto it with us forgetting that they were even champion because it never meant anything when they held it. We aren't talking him getting the Universal Championship right now. Sad to say but it's just the IC title and it doesn't even matter who holds it anymore.

I said in another thread that I squirm with awkwardness whenever the angle plays out on television. Perhaps I am being too smart for my own good as another post above suggests is the issue with fans here. But I think a big issue for me as a television viewer is you can just tell how the crowd couldn't give less of a shit. They know it's bollocks and that just instantly makes every segment with Jason Jordan seem so forced and desperate. That resonates with me as a television viewer who can't help but agree with the crowd. I was behind the angle, and it certainly could be a lot worse, but I can't say that I'm enjoying it. But that's a personal taste issue.

Perhaps my biggest issue comes with Jason Jordan himself. No doubt, he is a great professional wrestler and there are a few comparisons that can be easily made with Kurt Angle. But he has the charisma of a dead fish and has struggled to connect with the crowd. He was popular in American Alpha because the concept of their team was, in my opinion, popular. Jordan could easily be this generation's Shelton Benjamin, but Benjamin didn't need to be anyone's son. He just needed the talent, which he has. He can be a good Intercontinental Champion, though Miz is a better choice right now. He has had impressive matches with Reigns and Cena. I'd rather it be just that. Perhaps my disillusion with the story is influencing my perspective of his character.

HOWEVER, this most definitely isn't the worst thing I've seen from WWE. When you've seen Katie Vick, Snitsky licking feet and Kane killing his unborn child, Jason Jordan being Kurt's son seems like five-star television. Hopefully there is a end game in mind for this storyline and that is what is keeping me intrigued. So for as awkward as I do find it, I'm interested to see where this ends, if anywhere.

Other than the build and reveal, this hasn't really been much of a story. They aren't using it much in regard to Kurt Angle and Jason Snow. It is more fodder for heels like Emma and Miz to be pricks. I hope it goes somewhere. I hope it gets Angle back in the ring (health permitting) as much as anything but right now it is pretty much a D story without much effort being put into it. I'm reserving judgment until later.

Personally, I don't know what they're trying to achieve here with the whole Jason Jordan being Kurt Angle's son thing. I remember when Hornswoggle was revealed to be Vince McMahon's bastard son at one point. As time went on, people forgot about it and it didn't do anything for anyone. I don't see how this will enhance Jason Jordan in any way? So what if that's the association? Is Kurt Angle going to be wrestling again and how will Jason Jordan fit into all of that? What's the point? I find it particularly silly, because today it's so easy to access biographical information online about WWE stars. One just needs to take the time to look through Jason Jordan's profile online and boom, he's not really Kurt Angle's son. The excitement is gone. This would've worked out better before the internet. I guess I just don't find anything interesting about it, unless somehow Kurt Angle starts wrestling with or against Jason Jordan over an actual storyline beyond the offspring revelation.

At some point the smarks find a way to incorporate the "You suck" chant in to Jordan's theme music, right? That would be an accomplishment for Jordan.

Just turn Jason heel and have him remind us every week that he's the son of Kurt Angle and he demands respect and have him be daddy's boy and go cry to Angle every time someone bitch slaps him. Or you can keep the bland face around that doesn't work. The fact that he's Angle's son hasn't been used at all and it won't be used as long as he's a face. How can it be anyways?

"Oh it's Jason Jordan!" "It's Jason Angle Cole! Not Jordan" "Jason is so good because of GENETICS"

Please. Am I wathcing a live action shonnen soap opera sport for men or what?

This is all leading to a Angle vs Benjamin match for the custody of Jordan. Then they all go to Disney land with Chad Gable and Charlie Haas.

I agree that this whole storyline has been a bust and it'd be better scrapped sooner rather than later. Like others have said anyone can google Jason Jordan and find out he's not Angle's son. It just seems like they take any wrestler with an Amateur background put him in a singlet and give him a couple suplexes and all the sudden he's going to be the second coming of a Kurt Angle. We've seen it time and time again with guys like Hass, Benjamin, Swagger and now Jordan and Gable. Take Jordan off TV repackage him and let's forget this storyline ever happened.

This has always happened in Pro wrestling over the years, The Big Show was Andre the Giants Son for a few years, Hornswoggle was Vinces son, Waldo Von Erich was Fritz's son, Other fake families like the Andersons, Koloffs, Basham Brothers, Beverly Brothers and who in their right mind genuinly believes the Dudleys are all related?
With the internet it may be more difficult to fool people than back in the day but to be honest I don't know anyone who was fooled by any names I mentioned anyway.
Its not meant to be taken so seriously, Wrestling has always been kind of fun and crazy so if you want dull and serious watch some political news programme.

I think that the way this is going now is better. The son of Kurt Angle isn't as much mentioned as the fact that Jason Jordan is a Rookie talent. The good matches with John Cena and Roman Reigns have helped his case a lot. Continue pushing him to a certain extent without over exposure of that storyline with Kurt Angle.

I'm still waiting to see where it goes before judging it, things are obviously starting to develop when it comes to their relationship. Give it some time, you might be surprised.

"The crowd know it's bollocks"; "anyone can check a biography of Jason Jordan to discover he's not really Angle's son"; "this storyline would have worked so much better before the internet"

The above are either direct quotes or paraphrasings from posts on this thread.

My question is: why?

Why is wrestling STILL on this pedestal where every storyline has to be dissected with fact? It's a SOAP OPERA, a serial. The vast majority of fans over the age of 5 are fully aware it is not real. It is staged. I call it extreme theatre.

Of course the wrestler who plays Jordan isn't Angle's legit son. But it's a storyline. Newsflash: Kit Herrington isn't really the bastard son of Sean Bean either; Tom Holland isn't the nephew of Marissa Tomei. But do so-called fans of Game of Thrones or the MCU complain that they can't get behind a storyline because the CHARACTERS being played don't have the same blood relationships in real life? Of course not, because that is ridiculous.

Stop looking at wrestling as realistic and don't treat it for what it is: a soap opera set in the confines of a wrestling ring.

There's plenty of reasons to not enjoy this storyline. Personally I'll prefer to give it time and see where they go with it, though I do think the idea is a bit tedious, but I certainly won't hate on it because Nathan Everhart isn't the real life illegitimate son of Kurt Angle...

Wrestling is a violent soap opera or that is what I call it. I have been watching it for most of my life which is over 50 years and I love it. We know there are story lines set up which are made up but we go with it, it is fun and entertaining. Jason and Kurt is a good one lets just see were it goes I think it will end up with Kurt and Jason having a match. The original question I would say that works but how would you us Bobby what kind of character could he be, would he be cocky and a heel like Rick was most of the time.

P.S. I know Wrestling is fake but they make some of it look so real and there are some stuff that you can't fake so keep it up guys and ladies you are doing Awesome thanks WWE.

It reminds me a bit of the Mr Mcmahons illegitimate son story line from 2007. A bit awkward and it is too unbelievable.

The storyline hasn't done much for him, but at least it's something.

I mean, yeah he's good in the ring, but he hasn't shown any sort of charisma or personality yet.

That really needs to change for him to really become a star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back