Bobby Roode: One of the Best?

Top 5 in the business today? Hardly. I can think of bigger players in the wrestling world who have presently made more waves than Roode. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Roode but I think his best work is still ahead of him. He has all the tools, and with a little repackaging and character work, he could be TNA's answer to HHH. Imagine if Gunner was built up as a huge heel opposite Roode, and the matches that feud would produce. I would want to see those.

Perhaps if there was a Top 5 list of "On The Cusp of Greatness" stars. He would definitely make that list, along with others like Gunner, Crimson, and perhaps Matt Morgan if they can figure out what to do with him.

Simply put...No. He's not even the most talented member of Beer Money. And i certainly wouldn't have Robert Roode in my top 5. Then again I wouldn't have Punk or this Bryan bloke in my top 5 either. AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Mr Anderson and Gunner are the top 5 wrestlers in the business at the moment IMO.

I'm not really sure why Roode is getting so much love lately to be honest. Gunner and Crimson have made more of an impression in 6 months than Roode has in the 3 years I've been watching TNA. I'm not saying Roode is bad or anything, he's just an average mid carder IMO. I don't see anything special in him and he doesn't stand out to me. I see much more potential in James Storm than I do Robert Roode.

And judging by the BFG standings, TNA also see more potential in Storm than they do Roode. The advantage Storm has over Roode is that he's a big character who draws your interest. If Roode could work on his character I think he could do alright as a singles guy. He's just a bit bland at the minute.

First have you seen any Beer Money matchs to say you are not impressed by Roode?

Secondly have you seen his work in solo in his feud with Erik Young? Go watch You Tube. Nice heel work. And contrary to Gunner Roode can talk.

Third, Storm being more funny doesn't make him better than Roode. Wrestling-wise Roode has the edge. The guy is a machine.

Fourth, if Crimson and Gunner have made more of an impression with you wouldn't it be because they are pushed to the moon? When Gunner was with Murphy people would say "get off my tv, you suck, you are jobbers!"". People have now a different perception because TNA management have Gunner and Crimson beat everybody. It's like the Cena booking, if you say long enough that someone is the greatest and you have him beat everybody, people are gonna believe it. Even not too long ago Gunner was tv champ and people were laughing at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back