Blackjack Mulligan Passes Away

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
News broke today that legendary wrestler and WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan has died at the age of 73. Considered to be one of the toughest competitors of his day — only his rival Andre the Giant could overshadow the 6-foot-9, 345-pound stud from Eagle Pass, Texas — Mulligan served as a U.S. Marine in Guam and played for the New York Jets before gaining fame in the ring. With his signature all black gear — from his cowboy hat to his leather glove — and his thick western mustache, Mulligan cut the figure of a dangerous outlaw in the ring and proved every bit as treacherous with his feared iron claw hold.

Starting off his career in the AWA as “Big” Bob Windham, Mulligan soon joined up with Blackjack Lanza to form The Blackjacks in WWE. The duo won tandem titles across the country, including a reign as WWE’s World Tag Team Champions in 1975, and made their mark as one of the most iconic duos of the 1970s. In 2006, the pair was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by their manager, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan.

Mulligan’s career winded down in the late ’80s, but his legacy continued on as his sons, Kendall Windham and WWE Hall of Famer Barry Windham, entered the ring. Today, his hard-hitting style can be seen in his grandsons, Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt, the boys of Mulligan’s son-in-law, Mike Rotunda.

Condolences to Windham’s family, friends and colleagues.

Sad news, although it's no secret that his health was declining in recent years, which caused Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas to miss the RAW in Birmingham, Alabama. I would love to see some of his matches with along with Lanza in the 70s. He had a great legacy and had children to carry it on. And to top all that off, Mulligan and Lanza were great with Heenan.

RIP

Disapointing that I found this out on facebook just after being on the main page of wrestlezone and never seen anything about it, Such a big name of the 70's and 80's think at least deserves a little recognition on the wrestling news page, Sad another name I watched growing up is gone, Not many left now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back