Bischoffs comments about Nexus

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Figured this belonged in the TNA forum because its bischoff statement, if I'm wrong I apologize, now onto the thread at hand.

Apparently Bischoff made the following comment about the whole Nexus angle and was posted on Wrestlezone:

"Boring as hell. Paint drying > Nexus."

Not sure if there was more to it but I gotta say that I didn't like it one bit. I know a lot of people don't like the Nexus storyline and everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine, but personally I feel Nexus is the most intriguing thing in wrestling right now and is one of the few bright spots in WWE programming at the present time, and I think its safe to say that its the biggest storyline in pro wrestling this year (once again my opinion only).

But this isn't about the fact that my opinion differs from Bischoff, the reason it upsets me so much is because Bischoff has NO PLACE to say anything bad about Nexus because quite frankly, the WWE has made more stars from Nexus then Bischoff has made his entire booking career (outside of Goldberg everyone else was already a made star by the time Bischoff got their hands on them) and at least the WWE is trying something new and is willing to put faith into fresh faces.

What the hell has Bischoff done since coming into TNA? Nothing from what I can see. Apparently TNA has had quite the monetary loss this year, can't hire new talent at the present time(even though they don't need to), and Bischoff and Hogan have something to do with it (they may not be running the company, but a lot of these guys brought in this year, you know it was because Hogan and Bischoff wanted them).

Not only that the only thing Bischoff has really brought to the table in his booking career was the nWo and nothing else. That was his 1 golden ticket and 14 years later they are still trying to use that same golden ticket to garner interest into TNA, which isn't working from what I can see (ratings don't lie). For the most part he uses garbage from other companies (EV 2.0 is the best example) and doesn't even bother to create new stars. TNA has one of the most stacked roster I've ever seen and about 95% of that roster goes to waste for guys people are sick of seeing (seriously who the fuck wants to see Tommy Dreamer over Desmond Wolfe or Generation Me? Nobody who has half a brain).

I totally understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Bischoff, before you start badmouthing other peoples story lines, try comparing it to some of your past work because no matter what you say about Nexus, its better than anything you've ever done (outside of the nWo, 14 YEARS AGO).

Figured this belonged in the TNA forum because its bischoff statement, if I'm wrong I apologize, now onto the thread at hand.

Apparently Bischoff made the following comment about the whole Nexus angle and was posted on Wrestlezone:

Not sure if there was more to it but I gotta say that I didn't like it one bit. I know a lot of people don't like the Nexus storyline and everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine, but personally I feel Nexus is the most intriguing thing in wrestling right now and is one of the few bright spots in WWE programming at the present time, and I think its safe to say that its the biggest storyline in pro wrestling this year (once again my opinion only).

But this isn't about the fact that my opinion differs from Bischoff, the reason it upsets me so much is because Bischoff has NO PLACE to say anything bad about Nexus because quite frankly, the WWE has made more stars from Nexus then Bischoff has made his entire booking career (outside of Goldberg everyone else was already a made star by the time Bischoff got their hands on them) and at least the WWE is trying something new and is willing to put faith into fresh faces.

What the hell has Bischoff done since coming into TNA? Nothing from what I can see. Apparently TNA has had quite the monetary loss this year, can't hire new talent at the present time(even though they don't need to), and Bischoff and Hogan have something to do with it (they may not be running the company, but a lot of these guys brought in this year, you know it was because Hogan and Bischoff wanted them).

Not only that the only thing Bischoff has really brought to the table in his booking career was the nWo and nothing else. That was his 1 golden ticket and 14 years later they are still trying to use that same golden ticket to garner interest into TNA, which isn't working from what I can see (ratings don't lie). For the most part he uses garbage from other companies (EV 2.0 is the best example) and doesn't even bother to create new stars. TNA has one of the most stacked roster I've ever seen and about 95% of that roster goes to waste for guys people are sick of seeing (seriously who the fuck wants to see Tommy Dreamer over Desmond Wolfe or Generation Me? Nobody who has half a brain).

I totally understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Bischoff, before you start badmouthing other peoples story lines, try comparing it to some of your past work because no matter what you say about Nexus, its better than anything you've ever done (outside of the nWo, 14 YEARS AGO).

I'm going to disagree with this statement right here. The main objective of Nexus was to get Barrett over since he won the first season of NXT. I don't believe it would have been the same intention if any one of the others won it. So far, this storyline has gotten Barrett over and only him over. Slater, Gabriel, Otunga, McGillicutty, and Harris aren't over. Gabriel and Slater are champs in a dying division, and the rest are just there. Now maybe if one of the others gets into a program with Bryan, then you have something. For now, Nexus is only getting Wade over. The rest are just there for the ride.

I agree with the OP, Sounds like bishoff is jealous that he didn't think of a "NEXUS" angle. Right now i'd watch nexus over immortals anyday of the week.

P.S whats wrong with getting Wade Barrett over ? Not every member of a stable are going to be megastars

I'm going to disagree with this statement right here. The main objective of Nexus was to get Barrett over since he won the first season of NXT. I don't believe it would have been the same intention if any one of the others won it. So far, this storyline has gotten Barrett over and only him over. Slater, Gabriel, Otunga, McGillicutty, and Harris aren't over. Gabriel and Slater are champs in a dying division, and the rest are just there. Now maybe if one of the others gets into a program with Bryan, then you have something. For now, Nexus is only getting Wade over. The rest are just there for the ride.

Fair enough as I agree Barrett is really the only one in Nexus that is truly over with the crowd (although Gabriel and McGillicutty will benefit from being in Nexus). The other thing to think of is that it has made other stars that were involved in the Nexus storyline like Daniel Bryan. Of course there is a lot more to Bryan's success in the WWE, but his mini feud with Nexus, as well as being apart of Nexus initially, to him getting fired (and I use that term loosely) for the choking incident all helped Bryan get over with the crowd. I attribute most of his success to the Miz, but his involvement with Nexus and the storyline (as well as being in the main event of Summerslam) all helped Daniel Bryan get over with the crowd, so I count Daniel Bryan also because of that (although you could really go either way with that to tell you the truth).

So if you count Bryan that makes 2 as opposed to Bischoffs one (Goldberg, if he MADE any other stars just say their names because Goldberg is the only one I can truly say was made in WCW during the Bischoff era).

^makes a great point actually. If Nexus were to disband today, the only one's that would still be around in about a month would be Barrett, and im gonna say Justin Gabriel.

and btw, i think Bischoff saying paint drying>Nexus, is only because Bischoff didnt think of the shit first...

Boo fucking hoo. I just knew it was a matter of time until a WWE fan made a post about this. Nexus IS boring. He's absolutely right. And now, unlike many WWE fan boys coming here and trashing TNA's product, I'll provide arguments.

Let's see. The Nexus was a dominant faction of young wrestlers. The whole storyline was bad booking top to bottom. So this faction of new guys is going to ruin WWE and threatens people's jobs? HOW? By wrestling? During the Team RAW/Nexus match the commentators sold the fact that there might not be WWE after tonight. HOW? There was no stipulation to the match. How are 5-6 guys who win a match over members of RAW going to destroy the WWE? They had no backing from the likes of Vince McMahon, they didn't have shit. It made NO fucking sense. But still, they looked unbeatable .. until WWE made them lose to Team RAW, thus crushing their momentum into pieces. Whoa, that's a shocker. Way to think WWE. You made it so exciting for us. Make The Nexus and Wade Barrett look REAL good, then have Cena lock his stupid ass hold on him and make him tap in LITERALLY three seconds. Right, youth movement, right? I get it. That's when The Nexus stopped being the new cool thing, and became just another stable. That's when it got boring.

Now they're just some young idiots that if separated would be jobbed, stomped, spit on, pissed on and eventually future endeavored by the WWE. If they're not all talented in their own little way, how the FUCK would they be good together? Polish a turd, it's still a turd. They don't HAVE to be megastars, they just have to be decent, which they are not. So now it's a big ball of talentless greenhorns.

Wade Barrett - I like his mic skills, he's bland in the ring. Another big guy who isn't even that big. So he's just a tall guy who doesn't do anything special in the ring. Granted, he's got potential and could be something in a WWE environment.

Justin Gabriel - He's shit on the mic, but I like his in-ring work. Unfortunately, he's doomed to fail in the WWE. Justin Gabriel's style would fly in TNA. WWE limits their athletes, tells them to slow down and they just don't like high-flyers.

David Otunga - Nothing. Zero charisma, Zero in-ring presence, Zero look.

Heath Slater - Annoying as fuck. Boring in the ring, boring on the mic.

Skip Sheffield - Only way for this guy to stick around is if they make him a Goldberg-like heel, because of his cosmetic value. Other than that - nah ah.

Husky Harris - I like his attitude. Other than that - just a pile of fat. Joe's fat too but the whips some major ass in the ring and he looks like a guy that can whoop your ass. Husky has none of that.

Michael McGiggity - Absolutely not. If his dad wasn't Mr.Perfect that guy would be Mr.IndySceneForLife.

----

So, to sum it all up -- yes Nexus is boring, yes they are not good, yes they have no future except for Wade Barret. Blame WWE for ruining the stable.

Even their current storyline with Cena is total crock of shit. Just another HBK/JBL with an obvious finish. They'll boss him around, he'll whoop their asses until he heroically breaks the 'cuffs and frees himself from The Nexus. Whoo pe de fucking doo! People will watch hoping that Cena will turn heel, but he will not. Drill it into your heads, he's staying face.

End of story. Nexus is boring. They've got absolutely NOTHING going on. Period. I've got no reason to watch, and to even care. Cena needs to be in it to keep The Nexus alive which is pathetic and once again proves my point that these guys couldn't draw flies in a shit factory on their own. Cena's future is at stake. Oh noeees! Cena fans care. I'm not -- I don't care, I find it boring. Bischoff isn't, he doesn't care, he finds it boring.

^makes a great point actually. If Nexus were to disband today, the only one's that would still be around in about a month would be Barrett, and im gonna say Justin Gabriel.

and btw, i think Bischoff saying paint drying>Nexus, is only because Bischoff didnt think of the shit first...

Totally different scenario man. nWo was built with some of the biggest WWE stars from the 80's and 90's (which was the original idea of the nWo). Nexus is built around a bunch of rookies that no one knew about until earlier this year. Most storylines are a rehash from something else (the nWo was stolen from New Japan Pro Wrestling), but the overall execution is completely different and the overall goals are completely different. The idea for the nWo was to make its own entity completely (as in a whole new wrestling company), Nexus is used to make new stars (Wade Barrett in particular).

Nexus is NOT boring. And if the intention was to get Barrett over, it is working. And they are starting to try to build Otunga too, which is why there is currently a rift between him and Barrett. The Nexus angle has more probable angles to it than the Immortals. There is so much specutation throughout the wrestling universe to what the end product is going to be. Will Cena turn? Will HHH turn? Why was Undertaker attacked? Just how is the Cenanexus angle going to turnout? It is intriging. Immortals? They? REALLY? They built of THEY. "THEY ARE COMING" ..THEY were ALREADY THERE!!!.. So dumb. Get over yourselves. The Nexus angle is fresh and fun.

To put it simple - Big deal? There's always gonna be some people that doesn't like one thing, and there's gonna be some other people that love the exact same thing. The primary TNA guys seem to be hating The Nexus, and the primary WWE guys seems to be loving The Nexus. And in the end, it's the TNA guys that doesn't watch WWE, and the WWE guys that does. So really, what is the big problem here?

Bischoff is a TNA guy. He might watch WWE, that's fine. But he's a supporter of TNA, and it shouldn't be expected for him to jump up and down in happiness whenever The Nexus is on the screen. Or for that sake that we should give a damn if he likes them or not. He's not a part of the WWE management, and he has absolutely no power in changing them. The Nexus sticks around till WWE wants to end it, and if someone has a problem with them, then it's their choice.

I'm gonna pull a very very bland "meme" if you will - Don't like it? Then don't watch it. It's incredibly common and boring, but it's true.

Boo fucking hoo. I just knew it was a matter of time until a WWE fan made a post about this. Nexus IS boring. He's absolutely right. And now, unlike many WWE fan boys coming here and trashing TNA's product, I'll provide arguments.

Let's see. The Nexus was a dominant faction of young wrestlers. The whole storyline was bad booking top to bottom. So this faction of new guys is going to ruin WWE and threatens people's jobs? HOW? By wrestling? During the Team RAW/Nexus match the commentators sold the fact that there might not be WWE after tonight. HOW? There was no stipulation to the match. How are 5-6 guys who win a match over members of RAW going to destroy the WWE? They had no backing from the likes of Vince McMahon, they had didn't have shit. It made NO fucking sense. But still, they looked unbeatable .. until WWE made them lose to Team RAW, thus crushing their momentum into pieces. That's when The Nexus stopped being the new cool thing, and became just another stable. That's when it got boring.

Now they're just some young idiots that if separated would be jobbed, stomped, spit on, pissed on and eventually future endeavored by the WWE. If they're not all talented in their own little way, how the FUCK would they be good together? Polish a turd, it's still a turd. They don't HAVE to be megastars, they just have to be decent, which they are not. So now it's a big ball of talentless greenhorns.

Wade Barrett - I like his mic skills, he's bland in the ring. Another big guy who isn't even that big. So he's just a tall guy who doesn't do anything special in the ring. Granted, he's got potential and could be something in a WWE environment.

Justin Gabriel - He's shit on the mic, but I like his in-ring work. Unfortunately, he's doomed to fail in the WWE. Justin Gabriel's style would fly in TNA. WWE limits their athletes, tells them to slow down and they just don't like high-flyers.

David Otunga - Nothing. Zero charisma, Zero in-ring presence, Zero look.

Heath Slater - Annoying as fuck. Boring in the ring, boring on the mic.

Skip Sheffield - Only way for this guy to stick around is if they make him a Goldberg-like heel, because of his cosmetic value. Other than that - nah ah.

Husky Harris - I like his attitude. Other than that - just a pile of fat. Joe's fat too but the whips some major ass in the ring and he looks like a guy that can whoop your ass. Husky has none of that.

Michael McGiggity - Absolutely not. If his dad wasn't Mr.Perfect that guy would be Mr.IndySceneForLife.

----

So, to sum it all up -- yes Nexus is boring, yes they are not good, yes they have no future except for Wade Barret. Blame WWE for ruining the stable.

Even their current storyline with Cena is total crock of shit. Just another HBK/JBL with an obvious finish. They'll boss him around, he'll whoop their asses until he heroically breaks the 'cuffs and frees himself from The Nexus. People will watch hoping that Cena will turn heel, but he will not.

End of story. Nexus is boring. They've got absolutely NOTHING going on. Period. I've got no reason to watch, and to even care. You need to be a Cena fan to care about this storyline because it's his future at stake. I'm not -- I don't care, I find it boring.

Apparently you read 8 words in the initial thread and went on a tangent like a true TNA mark. This isn't about if Nexus is boring or not, its about the fact that Nexus is the biggest storyline of the year (whether you like it or not) and its also about the fact that Bischoff is in NO position to make such a statement because he hasn't done anything since the nWo. My point is Bischoff can't do any better at this point in time and until he can actually bring something to the table he should really keep his mouth shut.

Apparently you read 8 words in the initial thread and went on a tangent like a true TNA mark. This isn't about if Nexus is boring or not, its about the fact that Nexus is the biggest storyline of the year (whether you like it or not) and its also about the fact that Bischoff is in NO position to make such a statement because he hasn't done anything since the nWo. My point is Bischoff can't do any better at this point in time and until he can actually bring something to the table he should really keep his mouth shut.

The thread title is Bischoff comments about Nexus. What you said was YOUR opinion, we're here to discuss his comments, not YOUR opinion, junior. I discuss them and I agree with them.

And, as a matter of fact, Bischoff IS doing better. He IS in a position to comment on The Nexus. He's the one who brought the nWo to America, he's the key element in making the nWo what it is. If ANYONE knows how big stables work -- it's Bischoff. He did better. Much better actually. TNA also has a huge stable, but the difference is -- that stable is impressive, it's full of talented wrestlers, it actually took over a company and is calling the shots and seem unbeatable.

Jeff Hardy -- better than any Nexus guy.

Abyss -- Better than any Nexus guy.

AJ Styles - Better than ANY Nexus guy.

Jeff Jarret - Better than ANY Nexus guy.

Kazarian - Better than ANY Nexus guy.

Robert Roode/Storm - Better than ANY Nexus guy.

Doug Williams -- He's more technical than ANY Nexus guy, but fine. Barret is better than him.

Immortal is running TNA. They're causing havoc, just like a successfull heel stable does. Their formation was great, Jeff Hardy's heel turn shocked the world, and it's a classic example of a great stable.

However, The Nexus is the biggest storyline of the year. Just like WWE is the biggest company in the world. But don't confuse biggest with best. Nexus is shit compared to Immortal. Live with it. Bischoff had ALL the right in the world to comment on it and slam it.

To put it simple - Big deal? There's always gonna be some people that doesn't like one thing, and there's gonna be some other people that love the exact same thing. The primary TNA guys seem to be hating The Nexus, and the primary WWE guys seems to be loving The Nexus. And in the end, it's the TNA guys that doesn't watch WWE, and the WWE guys that does. So really, what is the big problem here?

Bischoff is a TNA guy. He might watch WWE, that's fine. But he's a supporter of TNA, and it shouldn't be expected for him to jump up and down in happiness whenever The Nexus is on the screen. Or for that sake that we should give a damn if he likes them or not. He's not a part of the WWE management, and he has absolutely no power in changing them. The Nexus sticks around till WWE wants to end it, and if someone has a problem with them, then it's their choice.

I'm gonna pull a very very bland "meme" if you will - Don't like it? Then don't watch it. It's incredibly common and boring, but it's true.

Once again fair enough. Obviously Bischoff is a TNA and will should put over his company above all else and overall is it a big deal? Not at all (but the same could be said for most threads). All in all to me it sounds like he's being a hypocrite, he bashes the Nexus storyline (which is totally within his right) but at the same time he hasn't done shit since walking into TNA (or anything over the last 14 years for that matter) so I feel he's in no position to say anything.

And you put it best if you don't like it turn it off (and if WWE and TNA is boring me, you better be damn sure I will turn it off), its just unfortunate Bischoff can't do the same.

Figured this belonged in the TNA forum because its bischoff statement, if I'm wrong I apologize, now onto the thread at hand. Apparently Bischoff made the following comment about the whole Nexus angle and was posted on Wrestlezone:

Not sure if there was more to it but I gotta say that I didn't like it one bit. I know a lot of people don't like the Nexus storyline and everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine, but personally I feel Nexus is the most intriguing thing in wrestling right now and is one of the few bright spots in WWE programming at the present time, and I think its safe to say that its the biggest storyline in pro wrestling this year (once again my opinion only)..[/

I agree with you. Bischoff is obviously in damage control, and feels taking shots at his former company is his way of doing it. The problem is, WWE's angle was fresh, unexpected, and well done. Bischoff has wasted away good talent since arriving in TNA, and has made ZERO new stars since arriving in TNA. His regime just put on the worst PPV of the year last night, so of course hes going to be trying to re-direct attention from himself. I don't see the big deal though, because Bischoff's opinion on another company simply doesn't matter much. I love TNA,wouldn't have spent 35$ on a PPV last night if I didnt. I just hate what alot of it has become.

You're right. Nexus has helped turned Wade Barrett into a star. in fact, the Barrett/Cena dynamic is the best storyline in WWE. What "stars" has Bischoff made since he came to TNA? His regime has turned Abyss into a cartoon character, brought in a recycled group of hardcore rejects who can't go anymore, and have turned arguably their two top stars into heels(hardy and styles). Bischoff couldn't make stars back in his tenure with WWE, and he hasn't shown the ability to do so now. This is strictly damage control and re-direction away from his own mis-management. I think this is far bigger then "He's just a TNA guy."

You could argue he's brought in alot of "recognizeable, name value" talent, but what has he done with them? Yes, Hardy's the champ and RVD was, but they didnt increase ratings that would equal the money TNA is hemmoraghing on these guys. They placed all their eggs in one basket just to turn he, Jarrett, Hogan, Hardy, and Abyss into full fledged heels. The ratings and monetary loss say it hasn't worked. It's the same old "hostile takeover" angle that Bischoff has recycled over the years. It's not exactly been "must see" TV, which you would almost expect from all the talent that has come in. The Nexus angle has created new stars, is intriguing, and makes you want to see what will happen next. TNA through Immortal has far more talent then Nexus does, yet the Nexus angle is far more intriguing. That's wasting your talent.

Bischoff is living and personally thriving over one angle. The NWo may be the greatest faction of all time, but that was a long time ago. The Immortal group has as much talent as any faction Ive seen, yet they're being wasted away.

None of the angles in TNA are particularly intriguing. Fourtune vs EV2? No thanks. Jeff Jarrett and his recycled overbooked interference matches? Ill pass. The Shore? Worse, Robbie as X division champ? God, no. Dreamer and his bleeding heart? Give me a break. This company has taken ten steps backward under Bischoff's regime. He may not be in \ charge of creative, but I sure as hell enjoyed TNA more before he and Hogan arrived. What does that say?

I agree. Bischoff is in damage control, nothing more. I'm not going to look at his past history, but he should be judged by his current contributions. What does it say when the Turning Point main events last year were Angle vs Wolfe, and Styles vs Joe vs Daniels. This year? It was Jarrett vs Joe and Morgan vs Hardy. I understand they're trying to establish Immortal as the dominant faction, and the PPV may have accomplished that. But the storylines and matches just haven't produced.

Whether Bischoff has been booking the shows or not, he was brought in to "improve the company". What has he done in that time?

1. The X division has been buried. Last year, you had Amazing Red, Homicide, Creed, Lethal, Sabin, Shelley, etc. Now, your champ is a Jersey Shore ripoff. Can it get worse?

2. For a show called "Total Nonstop Action", they spend alot of time talking. You had the Sting "deception" angle "main event" shows. Bischoff is all over the show, and he isnt even an active wrestler. Fourtune and EV2 bicker with each other, and amongst themselves. Jeff Jarrett cuts the same boring ass ten minute promo each week. Again, Im not saying Bischoff booked this, but he's one of the guys in charge of this crap.

3. Their own wrestlers and storylines were shelved so that the EV2 guys could get "one more moment." They got a PPV, and it was awful. And they're still here, feuding with a stable 10 tens more talented then them, and they beat them at TNA's biggest PPV of the year! Just awful.

There are more issues, but those are some obvious examples that what Bischoff(and company) is doing isn't working. TNA is in far worse shape this year then they were last, despite all the name recognition they've brought in. Bischoff is the last one to be pointing fingers at someone else's comany and their angles, when his company's angles are tired, recycled, or just plain suck.

The Nexus is certainly a unique storyline. We have never seen a takeover being attempted by a group of guys who are not even midcarders. It deserves to be commended as a concept alone. I do not think that Bischoff should make such comments. He will do better if his actions speak louder than his words. TNA has a good roster as well as a pretty good storyline going for them. They should concentrate on it rather than taking shots at WWE. It only makes them look cheap while WWE by not responding to these snide remarks will only be enhancing their reputation.

1. Just to get it out of the way: im no "fan boy"

2. I didnt like Nexus from the start, cuz I couldnt comprehend how 7 rookie wrestlers could compete with multiple time champions on a weekly basis

3. Nexus has somewhat grown on me & Im still hoping Trips and Steph are somehow behind it.

4. Nexus > Immortal! Even with all the "big names" Immortal has...Nexus is still more entertaining! Even if Barrett is the ONLY one out of Nexus that ever becomes anything...its still better then watching a Bichoff NWO all over again, with Jeff (I have no mic skills) Hardy leading the way! Whos getting the rub here?

5. To me: Bichoff just seems jealous. Either way- why would he even come out & acknowledge Nexus? Oh yea- thats rite: cuz he's an attention ****e, who will do anything to get people to talk about him.

Bicshoff has not been creatively relevant for 14 years now, he had 2 good ideas 1) Monday Nitro 2) The NWO other than that he has proven to be nothing but a massive fail when in charge of anything wrestling related. Proven by how crap TNA is and how it has gone backwards since him and Hogan took TNA over.

Just sour grapes if you ask me, WWE don't have much good going very often, but they do with the Nexus storyline. TNA love old WWE cast offs too much to even contemplate such a storyline. Matt Hardy coming to TNA anyone? Who cares? He'll either be mid card piss break fodder like he's always been or TNA will push him as a contender which just highlights the lack of quality TNA have compared to WWE.

Then again they rip off ideas from everywhere so I guess it's a matter of time before something similar to the Nexus pops up in TNA

4. Nexus > Immortal! Even with all the "big names" Immortal has...Nexus is still more entertaining! Even if Barrett is the ONLY one out of Nexus that ever becomes anything...its still better then watching a Bichoff NWO all over again, with Jeff (I have no mic skills) Hardy leading the way! Whos getting the rub here?

And you say you're not a fan boy ...

"Even if Immortal has better wrestlers! ... I'll still like the WWE stuff because they're WWE stuff! Even if Nexus has only ONE decent guy ... I'll still like the WWE stuff because they're WWE stuff!"

And The nWo all over again? I see. So Immortal is a bunch of guys from another company who portray themselves as a completely different entity from TNA with their own vignettes, commercials, so on and so forth. They dress in black and white too!

You amuse me ...

The thread title is Bischoff comments about Nexus. What you said was YOUR opinion, we're here to discuss his comments, not YOUR opinion, junior. I discuss them and I agree with them.

Here we go.

And, as a matter of fact, Bischoff IS doing better. He IS in a position to comment on The Nexus. He's the one who brought the nWo to America, he's the key element in making the nWo what it is. If ANYONE knows how big stables work -- it's Bischoff. He did better. Much better actually. TNA also has a huge stable, but the difference is -- that stable is impressive, it's full of talented wrestlers, it actually took over a company and is calling the shots and seem unbeatable.

Let's go through these talented wrestlers.

Hardy in WWE was better than any Nexus guy. Hardy in TNA is slightly better.

Abyss has been shit for almost four years. Unless any of the Nexus guys has been shit for that long, I'm going to side with the black and yellow.

Agree.

50-50.

Kaz was born bland, grew up bland, and will die bland.

Agree again.

Doug Williams -- He's more technical than ANY Nexus guy, but fine. Barret is better than him.

Glad we got that out of the way.

Immortal is running TNA. They're causing havoc, just like a successfull heel stable does. Their formation was great, Jeff Hardy's heel turn shocked the world, and it's a classic example of a great stable.

Unless the rest of the TNA roster which isn't much rises up to face Immortal, I don't see this stable lasting very long.

However, The Nexus is the biggest storyline of the year. Just like WWE is the biggest company in the world. But don't confuse biggest with best. Nexus is shit compared to Immortal. Live with it. Bischoff had ALL the right in the world to comment on it and slam it.

We'll see how good Immortal is in the next couple of months.

Lmfao, you should be TNA's commentator. 'Shock the world' indeed. Even in the small world of wrestling few were shocked by hardy's heel turn and fewer even cared. Comparing rookies to guys who have been in wrestling for many years and achieved not much of note isn't really the way to go either. TNA should give you a job though. Your so good at hyperbole.

Perhaps I should have chose a different name I'll give you that (and if it was confusing I'll apologize right now) but all i was saying its more about Bischoff being a hypocrite, its basically the tea calling the kettle black. Obviously yourself and anyone else has all the right in the world to have their own personal feelings about something you don't like (for example you obviously hate Nexus and like the Immortals, and although I disagree with your opinion it certainly doesn't mean I don't respect it and understand you are perfectly entitled to it). At the end of the day though, you don't work for TNA or WWE (neither do I), but Bischoff does, and my point is if he really thinks the Nexus storyline is like paint drying, then maybe he should give valid arguments as to why (like you did, good job by the way) or try to make a storyline more intriguing. Apparently you feel he has (and that's absolutely fine) but I don't and I would really like to see him stop talking about how shitty WWE is and do something beneficial for TNA. To put in bluntly, bischoff needs to stop talking and start doing plain and simple.

PS. MY bad for going off on your initial post.

Unless the rest of the TNA roster which isn't much rises up to face Immortal, I don't see this stable lasting very long.

The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Motor City Machine Guns ( Seven active wrestlers in Immortal -- Seven able faces so far, all of them have a personal grudge with each and every member of Immortal [except for Doug Williams, why he's in Immortal beats me] and if they go against them, they have something in their past to back their actions up ). Add Brian Kendrick and Tommy Dreamer to the mix if you will ( Immortal's hatred for EV2). However, I doubt they'll be a part of this but hey TNA's roster isn't much.

You're right. TNA's roster consists of 7 heels and 2 faces. I was wrong.

Once again fair enough. Obviously Bischoff is a TNA and will should put over his company above all else and overall is it a big deal? Not at all (but the same could be said for most threads). All in all to me it sounds like he's being a hypocrite, he bashes the Nexus storyline (which is totally within his right) but at the same time he hasn't done shit since walking into TNA (or anything over the last 14 years for that matter) so I feel he's in no position to say anything.

I like Bischoff personally. I'm not a loyal TNA watcher or anything. But I have absolutely no problem with Bischoff uttering phrases like this. He is just as much of an opinion in the world of wrestling as the other one. However he has a mind for the inside of the business. If he has his thoughts set on Nexus being boring, there's most likely a legit reason to it, and not just one for the sake of bashing like so many people likes to do back and forth between WWE and TNA on this very forum.

Besides, Eric Bischoff has accomplished more than enough in his career to ride the wave of momentum through his stay with TNA. Or at least enough to build an opinion and openly share it. Bischoff is a guy that people listens to, because he has a point to what he's saying. Even if some disagrees, or if there might be some stuff that are downright outrageous at times.

And you put it best if you don't like it turn it off (and if WWE and TNA is boring me, you better be damn sure I will turn it off), its just unfortunate Bischoff can't do the same.

There's nothing saying that he does not do this specifically? He hasn't uttered a phrase of saying he's forced to sit through it, or that he hasn't turned it off. However I'm sure that a guy with a history within WWE as well as the guys in WWE that watches TNA are doing it for the sake of showing some kind of support to their friends in the other company, or some kind of loyalty to the old place they once worked at. Hell some might even say they simply do it for the sake of which we all do - Because we're fans of wrestling.

And you say you're not a fan boy ...

"Even if Immortal has better wrestlers! ... I'll still like the WWE stuff because they're WWE stuff! Even if Nexus has only ONE decent guy ... I'll still like the WWE stuff because they're WWE stuff!"

And The nWo all over again? I see. So Immortal is a bunch of guys from another company who portray themselves as a completely different entity from TNA with their own vignettes, commercials, so on and so forth. They dress in black and white too!

You amuse me ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This coming from the guy that just got done saying that Kaz was better then Barrett?? Talk about amusing!! The elevation of Wade Barrett alone will do more for the wrestling world then Hardy, Abyss & Double J going NWO style. Christ- they had to add in the already established Fourtune to the group to make it even look like a legit "take-over" Without the addition of Flairs group- Immortal is a straight-up JOKE my friend!

By the way: You totally mis quoted me in your quote- Very well done! :icon_rolleyes: I didnt say Immortal has better wrestlers- I said they had bigger NAMES! But who doesnt over a group of rookies?? Also: I guess I should have explained the NWO compairison a bit better. Immortal is a piss poor excuse for the NWO. It wasnt a take-over because HH & EB were already in control of TNA! Dixie had already given them control in January, no??? But I guess they needed that in paper, right? HAHA!!

Just a couple of words of advice: If your the ultimate "fan-boy" (which it sure seems like you are that guy) ...Then you really shouldnt even bother calling other people out for being "fan-boys" of another company. Your only embarrassing yourself

I don't think Nexus is boring, but they have definitely lost steam since losing at Summer Slam. Adding Cena to the group hasn't been the same. I liked it better when they were reeking havoc and people were generally pumped up over what was happening. (IE destoying the ring). That being said, the whole Nexus angle injected a breath of fresh air into Raw that it sorely needed and if Bischoff can't see that then who knows. There's no point in saying he's this or that. That's immature. I'll leave it at it's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

Hrm. I didn't know Bischoff is the originator of stables. That's almost as odd as when Heyman said he 'invented' the tap out finish.

As far as this Nexus vs Whatever TNA's stable calls themselves this week goes..

Nexus is completely "Wade Barrett, John Cena and some other dudes" for the time being. While most of the members aren't getting booed out of the arena, most of them have really stepped up their game. Gabriel is learning how to work as a heel (his striking and facial expressions is getting tons better). Slater's overall performances are better (he isn't a world beater, but a fun redneck). Husky is finally getting some recognition he deserves. Okay. Otunga and Lil Hennig are shit, but the rest of the group totally hides it most of the time.

TNA's group just seems like everyone on the roster that they liked that week.

And sorry Zeven Zion, I gots no problem with you. But you just said Kaz is better than someone. Kaz must be that paint Eric was talking about. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back