Big Show's New Look?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I was just browsing wrestlinginc.com and there's a photo on the site that's been posted on Big Show's Twitter account: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-big-show-looking-ripped-ahead-of-his-return/

As is stated in the little article above the pic, if this isn't an amazing example of Photoshopping, then Big Show is in phenomenal shape. If this pic isn't doctored, then Show is ripped and looks to be easily in the best shape of his career. After seeing this, I'm actually interested in seeing him get back on television if, for nothing else, to see if it's legit. If it is, then he's most definitely worked his ass off in the time that he's been gone.

Took a few minutes of reading the article to find out it's an old picture. Apparently surfaced end of 2011/beginning of 2012.

Wow, now it's come down to wrestling journalists either cooking up stories or re-hashing some old ones. This is an old picture. He does look funny with his facial expressions though.

I've never been a huge fan of the Big Show, but I certainly recognize the contributions Big Show is capable of providing he's in as good of shape as he's being reported to be. However, if that picture is from 2011, and he comes back in the same shape he was in before being put out of action at Extreme Rules 2+ months ago by Randy Orton's boot, then he's not of much value.

For an athlete such as the Big Show, dropping the weight over that time period shoudn't be that large an obstacle, if he's hitting the gym regularly and working with a nutritionist on getting his diet under control. Those things are much harder to do on the road when one works perhaps a ten-minute match, then has to find whatever's open on the road late at night between stops. But with time off, Big Show is quite the capable athlete. While his 'advanced' age may not allow him to do the same things he did 10-15 years ago, when he was throwing dropkicks, but being in shape should allow him to work long-form matches with more ease.

As for his return, I have my reservations on bringing him back as early as Raw on Monday. WWE should be in full-build mode for Summerslam, and with two Raws left, it's hard to imagine them finding a workable program for him in such a short period of time. Of course, they could always re-introduce him at Summerslam itself, having him take out an injured wrestler, like he did to Rey Mysterio at No Way Out 2008, or by attacking a wrestler they want to put him into a program with. The other possibility, if they want to bring him back on Raw, is to unite him with Mark Henry against the Shield. Both have had their problems with the Shield in the past, and have been unable to defeat them in other matches. Perhaps they'ld be presented as the greatest threats to the Shield yet.

Show is one of those guys that's able to move between the mid-card and low main-event with ease, and seem comfortable anywhere. Especially when he's in the shape to do so. Here's hoping he is.

I for one have been waiting for the big shows return as well. Granted he will never do another moonsault off the top rope. Show has never really kept in consistent shape hes either been in real good shape or out of shape. I hope,for him he can make a last run. Hope he used this time off to get into fantastic shape. If rumors are true,and he actually is in great shape then i have no doubt he can make a go of it.

When should he make his return? I say being this close to SummerSlam have him make his return the monday after SS! Its too close and he is not getting a match anyway so why waste his return? I liked the dominant heel of him not the jolly oh shucks Giant. He is arguably the best big man ever to compete. He deserves one more run with the title IMO,and if he is in the shape as the rumors are floating around i really cant wait for his return.

When was the last time he weighed under 400 pounds? That would be nice to see him under 4 bills

I for one have been waiting for the big shows return as well. Granted he will never do another moonsault off the top rope. Show has never really kept in consistent shape hes either been in real good shape or out of shape. I hope,for him he can make a last run. Hope he used this time off to get into fantastic shape. If rumors are true,and he actually is in great shape then i have no doubt he can make a go of it.

When should he make his return? I say being this close to SummerSlam have him make his return the monday after SS! Its too close and he is not getting a match anyway so why waste his return? I liked the dominant heel of him not the jolly oh shucks Giant. He is arguably the best big man ever to compete. He deserves one more run with the title IMO,and if he is in the shape as the rumors are floating around i really cant wait for his return.

When was the last time he weighed under 400 pounds? That would be nice to see him under 4 bills

I would say that the last time he was under 400, was probably in his 20's. I seem to remember seeing an interview with him, where he was talking about having acromegaly, and before the operation he had to cure the condition, he just ate whatever he liked and never put on a pound, yet when he'd had the operation, he ballooned in weight, and had to start being careful about what he ate.

I think the reason for him getting in this good of shape is he is preparring for his last run. Even if it isn't soon, and he gets back on the road full time, and starts working out less (cuz being on the road does that), he will lose some of the physique and start looking more like he did prior to leaving for the past break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back