Best WWE Ring Annoucer

j.morrison4whc

Dark Match Jobber
As an important part of the WWE outside the ring, i decided as my first thread ill do Best Ring annoucer, now there have been many through out the years, some perfect... and some botchers but who is your favorite? and why.

Here are some of the Annoucers off hand: Justin Roberts, Tony Chimel, Lillan Garcia, Howard '' The Fink '' Finkel... and The Bella Twins :p

i apoligive if this topic has been done already, i havnt been here my whole life, so i dont know if it has off hand. Thank you for reading

IMO i think the best ring announcer would have to be either Howard Finkel or Lillian Garica. Reason Being i chose these two is because one Howard finkel made the hall of fame and is also the longest reigning Employee Employed be Vince he has been with the E since 1975 and is the first Ring Announcer in THE HOF. Secondly i chose Lillian Because she has put forth 10 years in the WWE and she is Bound to be the 2nd ever Ring Announcer to Make the HOF. Wether you Guys Agree or Disagree on who the Best Ring Announcer is im open to see if anyone agrees with me. I dont think there is Anyone who ever could Replace Lillian

Were you smoking when you made this post. First, it has already been done like 2 wks ago, secondly Lillian Garcia? Are you kidding. Just because she's a good singer doesn't make her a good announcer, u dont sing the introductions. She along with Justin Roberts are terrible, im speaking of in terms of announcer voices and intros. Roberts only announces 2 good intros that i can think of, being umaga and the undertaker. How in the hell would garcia make it to the hall of fame before chimel? No way, which the hall of fame is a joke anyway, she only gets in because of her tenure. Which i still dont understand how she lasted 10yrs, surely it wasnt because of talent, Chimels been in wwe longer and is much better. The fink is incredible, and chimel is a close second, those two men are the best wwe has ever had, and no one will be even close to them in the future.

Howard Finkel is THE king of wrestling ring announcers. He has the ability to get you excited for a wrestler. His announcing of Hulk Hogan back in the day was good enough to put shivers down your spine. Lilian Garcia is OK at best, Chimel is OK in my opinion and Roberts I haven't heard enough from to pass judgement. But what about Gary Michael Copetta or the guy before him in the 70's

howard finkle its just something about his voice if i were a wrestler and i won a title i would want him to be the anouncer

Two words: The Fink. I was almost pissed that Justin Roberts is the new RAW announcer; I like his introductions even less than Lilian's. Just give The Fink the job and watch as the Announcer Approval Rating goes way up.

The One and only Howard Finkle man I grew up with him introducing the greatest matches of all time in the late 80's and early to mid to late 90's but I have to agree with And I'm Awsome Justin Roberts is just annoying hes tryin to be just like The Fink with how he introduces people like Batista and John Cena hes no Howard Finkle and he never will be.

The Fink is easily the greatest of all time. I don't like Justin Roberts, but as long as Tony Chimmel isn't on Raw, I can't complain. He should only be allowed on the ring crew. Someone tell Chimmel that it's pronounced "chAAAmpion", and not "CHIMPion". A "chimp" is a monkey, you idiot.

Definately the Fink. Hes the voice from which I started watching the wwe "Thiss match is for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP" etc.. With Lillian it was a slight scream with her introductions ,Chimel sounds like hes pumped up with an inhaler. And yea Roberts only introduces taker,HHH and maybe John Cena with passion.

One thing I like about Roberts is that he varies his introduction style from prior ring announcers, by announcing more quickly, where as Fink and Chimel seem to take their time. Although Manny Garcia seemed to be the first ring announcer to try that on Raw, if anyone remembers him.

However, I really wish Roberts had a deeper voice.

In ranking the more famous ring announcers in WWE history, here is my order of preference:

Howard Finkle is the best ring announcer in WWE history, in my opinion. Deep voice. Hit the right notes. Knew all the weights and hometowns without having to look at notes while in the ring. He is everything you would expect out of a male ring announcer.

Lilian Garcia, minus her occasional screw ups, was probably my second favorite announcer. Again, other than her screw ups, she is everything you would expect out of a female ring announcer. Beauty, excellent voice, can sing, enthusiasm that knows how to bring the crowd to its feet (if you ever saw her before Raw went on the air when she was hyping the crowd, you would know what I am talking about).

Gotta give the third nod to Tony Chimel. Pretty bad ring announcer at first, but definitely improved substantially over the years. Was terribly uncharismatic at first, but again substantially improved. What many people don't realize is that Chimel has been ring announcing in WWE since the very early 90's. Chimel has a better voice than Justin Roberts, in my opinion, and I really feel that he should be the top ring announcer in the company right now if The Fink is not going to be used.

Fourth goes to Justin Roberts. Again, quick pace for his announce style, but would prefer him to have a deeper voice. Excellent employee from what I understand, though.

And the fifth honor will go to Mike McGuirk-- Lilian Garcia's female predecessor. Crowd loved her simply because she was a woman. She ring announced opposite to Howard Finkle back in the Hogan Era, by ring announcing on Wrestling Challenge. She had a satisfactory announcing voice. She didn't screw up. Definitely knew how to engage the crowd.

With that being said, we'll have to see how Lauren Mayhew does when she starts on Smackdown.

Although, I think WWE is showing a little age discrimination to Tony Chimel with Roberts being given the spot on Raw over Chimel. Chimel, as I said, has a much better voice than Roberts. Unless the announcer is a woman, I seriously doubt the audience really has much preference over a characteristic like age as the ring announcer.

Hell, does Bruce Buffer get flack in UFC for his age? No. Chimel shouldn't either.

Howard Finkle for sure. Every time he announced it got you excited for the match and even if it was just WrestleManias, it'd be great to have The Fink back in the saddle again. He was that good and his voice got you into the match every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back