Best WWE Match Of 2010?

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
Personally, I'm not sure that I could think of one TRULY great match that WWE put together this year. Nonetheless, there were a few quality matches sprinkled throughout the year.

1. Elimination Chamber: The Undertaker [c] - CM Punk - John Morrison - R. Truth - Rey Mysterio - Chris Jericho.

This match had a little bit of everything. Good action. Fast-paced for a match that has time limits of sorts. Good moves, everyone getting a piece of the action. Even the Michaels interference didn't take away from the match. Solid all over. I really liked the match, especially since these things can turn into cluster-fucks on the drop of a dime.

2. The Undertaker - Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania.

Obviously this has to be up there. Not quite as good as their previous 'Mania encounter, it did have it's own moments and elements that made this match memorable. Michaels retiring, Taker's streak only getting stronger and a beautiful tough to the finish.

NOTE: It's weird/sad/odd to think that two of the oldest members of WWE's roster were involved in two of my favorite matches this year (so far, anyway.) A little bit sad, in the sense that you'd hope the younger talent stepped it up a lit.

What about you guys?

I Believe there has been an improvement in matches as I am not to sure which matches to select I liked Kofi feud with McIntyre or CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio so it is a tough question

The Streak vs. The Heartbreak II though it was a great match lack the overall emotional value that WM 14 Had so it lost a point on that part but this is indeed a tough question lol Nexus vs Team Raw was a good match even though I didn't like the look of Team Raw it was a good match same as The Miz vs Danielson so those that I have named would be some of what I would call the best

The last man standing match between JoMo and Sheamus on RAW was very good it was probly the best RAW match of the year i'm really trying 2 think of others but i just can't i couldn't watch SmackDown until the move 2 SyFy and now with this being my senior year i go 2 the football games on friday so i still dont watch it so i dont no of any on SmackDown but Chris Jericho vs Evan Bourne at Fatal 4way wasn't bad really one of the better ones this year come to think of it this hasn't been a great year 4 great wrestling matches oh the SmackDown MITB wasn't bad at the MITB ppv

The best match of 2010 would no doubt be Taker-Shawn II. It wasn't as good as the previous won as Calderownz said, but, it was good enough to be the best of 2010. The best part was the elbow through the table. So, Taker-Shawn at WM 26 would have to be the best.

Not only was it the best match of the year in WWE, but it was the match of the year, period, that being Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker in Shawn's retirement match.

it felt like it just picked up where last year's match left off. Both men kicked out of each other's finishers once again, and the storytelling within the match was second to none. you can take all your flips and flops, Ill take a match that tells a great story. This match did exactly that, especially with the finishing sequence.

Taker shows mercy, Michaels shows his trademark defiance by mocking Taker and slapping him, and an angry Taker hits a jumping tombstone. I thought it was every bit as good as their match the year before, so it's easily the WWE match of the year for me.

Obviously Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker.

The build-up to it was great. I loved it how they started from the Slammy Awards 2009 to begin to start a storyline heading to the match. The best part of the storyline was at Elimination Chamber 2010 when Shawn appeared out of nowhere to superkick Taker.

The Smackdown Elimination Chamber wasn't that bad but I would of rather seen CM Punk win the World Heavyweight Championship instead of Chris Jericho.

I'll have to agree with the majority of the posts thus far, it's Taker-Michaels. Not only was the match great, it was Shawn's last match and that itself makes the match even more special. I'll also have to agree with the majority again and say that it wasn't as good as their first encounter, I think it's because they raised the bar really high, and we all just expected something better.

Probably there is no doubt in anybody's mind as to which the best match of the year was, even though most of them agree that the match between the same 2 athletes was better last year.

We should probably be discussing which the second best match of the year was. In the WWE, there were several good ones like the ones between Edge and Jericho, Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler at Bragging Rights was probably the best technical match, Undertaker vs Mysterio at the Rumble, Undertaker vs Kane No Holds Barred (though many would not agree about this one but it was good brawling).... incidentally several weekly matches were good too, like Alberto del Rio vs Rey Mysterio, Undertaker vs Jack Swagger.

Taker vs. HBK II at WM26 is, overall, probably the best WWE match of 2010. I don't think the action was quite as good as it was at WM25 because everyone was blown away by how good that match was. It'd been over a decade since they'd last wrestled and while everyone was expecting a very good match, any possible expectation they had was shattered. This year, people were expecting a fantastic match and they got it and they knew what to expect overall. However, the emotional content of the match and the story it told was much higher and I think was able to make it the equal of WM25.

I think both the MITB matches at the MITB ppv were very good, the Elimination Chamber matches, the Team Raw vs. Team Nexus seven on seven elimination tag match at SummerSlam and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler @ Bragging Rights I think are all matches that merit consideration.

HBK and Taker at Mania by far. HBK's last match, obviously he gave it his all, and when you have Shawn Michaels giving his absolute best, final performance, with another legend like Taker who he has years of experience with, no one can top that.

The Bryan vs Ziggler match at Bragging Rights was mine so far. Did enjoy the triple threat on smackdown a couple of weeks ago with Edge, Alberto Del Rio and Mysterio was good as well. What about Triple H vs Sheamus at Mania was good, i thought it was the best match on the card. The Taker v HBK we have seen millions have times if you go way back.

So my vote would have to be Bryan vs Ziggler

Wade Barrett vs John Cena - Hell in a Cell PPV

I can't say enough good things about this match. This was Wade Barrett's first 20 minute match on WWE television, and I don't think anyone could ask for more. The action flowed like a hot knife through better. Barrett's offense mostly came from him using his strength to counter Cena. Cena's offense was mostly out of desperation...

..Which lead to the biggest reason this match kicked everyone's ass: It had such "pro wrestling" drama to it. Most people who weren't jaded to any guy and watched this match will admit that they were sitting on their edge of their seats. No one know who the hell was going to win this one because the near falls were incredible. Wade started to look really concerned that he would lose the match after Cena barely kicked out of The Wasteland; Barrett kicking out of a fucking AA was something to behold. And when Wade won, it was completely and utterly shocking to everyone who watched.

Looks like I am the only one who didn't like the WM 26 match with Taker vs Shawn. It was too "finisher" happy. They tried too hard to recapture the "magic" of WM 25. It doesn't help that both guys were clearly 2 steps slower in the ring.

taker v. Michaels is the obvious answer, so I'll give a 2nd place vote.

I was at the Raw in April when Swagger faced the Undertaker and that match was awesome. I'm a big Swagger fan so I was happy that Taker was maikng him look good. Showed that Swagger could hang with the big boys in the future, crowd ate it all up, they were into it the whole time.

Honorable mentions will go to Kofi v. McIntyre (Over the Limit) Team WWE v Nexus (Summerslam) and Smackdown Elimination Chamber.

It's got to be Taker vs Shawn II

But one that I don't think has been mentioned yet is the Miz vs Morrison vs Daniel Bryan match. I loved that match. Went out into the crowd, on the ramp, every where. Lot of high flying moves that I like and also some good solid wrestling and a good way to end a GREAT feud between Daniel and Miz. I loved that match. Not saying it's up there with Taker/Shawn but give it's due - it was superb.

I'm with Chocomatt on the Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler match (Bragging Rights). This was one of the best opening matches to a PPV in recent memory and totally changed my opinion of Ziggler. If I could watch matches like this every week I'd be a lot less disgruntled.

Of course it goes without saying that Taker/HBK II was the dogs.

I also really enjoyed the recent JoMO vs Tyson Kidd, but it's not anywhere in the league of the two I've mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back