Best Tattoo In Wrestling

TUFFY54

Getting Noticed By Management
For years tattoo's have played a big part in wrestler's characters. Batista and Brock Lesnar had huge back tattoo's that helped them stand out when they first started. The Undertaker's Deadman gimmick looked a lot more intimadating once he got the complete arm sleaves. The same could be said for Randy Orton. Hell, Goldberg's tribal tattoo became his symbole. So I ask, who had the best tatto in the history of wrestling? For my money it's not even close.

Bam Bam Bigelow
Bam Bam's flamming skull tattoo is hands down the coolest tattoo in the history of wrestling. No one has ever had ink that was that badass, and no one probably will again.

The Rock's snorting bull is iconic. His more recent shoulder and chest tattoo is just absolute perfection...

'Taker's sleeves are awesome and really added to that intimidation factor of his gimmick. Hell, I like to think of them as a tally of all the souls he's taken :p new soul, a new skull nestled somewhere on those massive arms.

Orton's tattoos to me are a bit of a disaster. Very disparate styles that don't mesh. His additions (skulls etc) are better than the original tribal crap he had though.

And a special note to Batista's belly button tattoo in particular. That thing dominates.

I have to go with 2 that fit a distinct period in wrestling.

Firstly:
brock-lesnar-tattoo-3.jpg

Although not in WWE long before the jump to UFC, the presence Brock brought to the ring was awesome and the tattoo on the back made it even more impressive.

Secondly:
bill_goldberg_tattoos_wwe_superstar_tattoo_design+7.jpg

Goldberg was the biggest thing in wrestling when I got back into it in the mid-late 90's and his whole look, streak (plenty of issues there but still great to watch) and the tatt just made it all work for WCW...

So there's my best 2 tattoo's in wrestling, interesting to note that they both left wrestling on the same night.....

I've always been a huge fan of Jeff Hardy's "Roots" tattoo, and the way it connects to the hardys logo on his back. Kind of showing that The Hardys team is his roots.

First off i love tats (i have 5 myself) and my favorite tattoos have always been Randy Orton's back one...and i love his sleeves mixing with the tribal its different....also my other tattoo i liked a lot was The Rock's tribal one...for one cause it has an actual meaning...and too just the artwork of it amazes me it had to take days possibly weeks with the detail....

Now if you were looking for say most famous tattoos it still belongs to the rock and the Brahma Bull...That Tat and Rock were hand in hand...if you saw that tat you would automatically say Thats the rock's...close second would be Goldbergs which i will say honestly I credit him for the huge Tribal tattoo explosion..

Edge's tats are sweet as hell and are iconic since each one represents a different period of his wrestling career. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Untitled-42.jpg

I always liked Goldberg's.
But my ALL TIME FAVORITE is Batista's back dragon tattoo. Even if I wasn't a fan I would think it is pretty awesome. It's a plus that I am a fan of him.

close second would be Goldbergs which i will say honestly I credit him for the huge Tribal tattoo explosion..
I thank Goldberg(and his tribe.....didn't know Jew was a tribe) for giving us a symbol to pick out douche bags

I have always been a fan of the tastefully simple tattoos.
Which is why my favorite has always been the Barama Bull on The Rocks arm, I do actually like that he later covered most of his arm and chest but the bull is iconic.

And the worst is Batista's belly button tat, Huge jacked up guy with this wussy sun around his belly button

Sean O'Haire's Tatoos were pretty beast. First was the flames. Then came The spiders coming from the flames which matched his character.

Fun topic!

Everyone should check this out too, if you haven't already:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstarink/

Anyway, it's hard to say what the criteria would be to make it the "best" for me. Is it personal preference, is it branding?

BY FAR: Goldberg's tattoo is the most iconic as far as wrestling goes, they sold truckloads of merch, branded with that symbol and it became synonymous with his image (and helping to visually separate him from Steve Austin at the time).

As far as my personal preference, I've got a few...
I really like some of CM Punk's, particularly his Cobra and Arishake symbol tattoos because as a lifelong G.I. Joe fan, it's pretty awesome to see a wrestler representing that!

Mideon/Phineas Godwinn/Dennis Knight had some I thought were pretty neat, and he was getting images that represented the different character changes long before Edge took the idea. He's also one of very few guys to get a tattoo on the scalp.

Also, of honorable mention (even though I don't believe any of them were real) one that really sticks out to me as being AWESOME was Hakushi. I remember thinking he looked incredible with all those Japanesse characters all over him, it really made him look very imposing like he was a member of the Yakuza or something.

I like CM Punks tats the best beause they are so random and crazy! The Rocks Samoan Tribal tats are pretty cool because like someone else said really mean something special.

I think CM Punk's stomach tattoo, "Straight Edge" is the most iconic. It is a tattoo of his lifestyle choice. It has helped him become one of the best heels in recent history. Simply this tattoo, and his lifestyle, make him big in Wrestling.

awesome cool thread...
For me in terms on tattoos that really match the personna of a wrestler is the undertaker. his sleeves make his dead man look wayway better cant imagine him as intimidating without them, but my favourite tatto for looks is 1.rock tribal i love triba 2. lesnars demon on his back and batista belly button as u it looks good on him cus hes a beast!

Thank fuck I'm not the only one that thinks that Batista's sun tattoo is wussy. Seriously, it's the type of thing a girl would have. CM Punks tattoo's make him look like a druggy so his tattoo's don't fit his gimmick.

I think the best tattoo's are Randy Orton's. I loved the tribal ones and the way his sleaves wrap around it looks great. It also added to his newest viper gimmick and actually made him go from looking like a pretty boy to looking like he is now.

... Have you never heard of the Twelve Tribes of Israel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelites

Anyway, I always likes Goldberg's tattoo, plus Batistas, but Punk had a decent thing when he was starting out. Now it just looks silly.

You win this round *fist shake*

Thank fuck I'm not the only one that thinks that Batista's sun tattoo
is wussy.

I came to the conclusion all my hatred fro him stems from that simple belly button tattoo

And I actually like the CM Punk Pepsi tattoo....anyone know the significance of it...does it symbolize Pepsi over alcohol.

.anyone know the significance of it...does it symbolize Pepsi over alcohol.

His frat friends back in uni got alcohol brand tats and he decided to get a pepsi one, if I remember correctly. But yeah, he likes Pepsi and stuff like that, as seen through the Diet Coke tiff with Cena a couple of weeks back.

It has to be Goldberg. That tribal is just fucking awesome. Not too big, just the perfect size and is just a really cool design.

I have seen quite a few people in England with the identical tattoo, including a guy in the gym last week. I wanted to go over and say "Hey man, love the Goldberg tattoo!" but if he didnt know it was a copy of a wrestlers tattoo I may have looked a dick, so I didnt!

Fucking sweet ink though.

The Rock's Brahma Bull is legendary, and I used to love Randy Ortons tribals until he went for the full sleeve look, never been a fan of those.

Some of the worst have to be Christian (that heart getting stabbed sucks), Kurt Angle's tiny back one, most of Raven's suck, Brock Lesnars awful sword across his chest and Ian Rotten having a shitty cartoon of a rabbit with a barbed wire bat. Just bad

I have seen quite a few people in England with the identical tattoo, including a guy in the gym last week. I wanted to go over and say "Hey man, love the Goldberg tattoo!" but if he didnt know it was a copy of a wrestlers tattoo I may have looked a dick, so I didnt!

If he doesn't know the background behind something he'll have forever, I really don't see how it'd make you the dick. Anyways, he might have been interested to know he could get Goldberg tattoo t-shirts to accessorize.

If he doesn't know the background behind something he'll have forever, I really don't see how it'd make you the dick. Anyways, he might have been interested to know he could get Goldberg tattoo t-shirts to accessorize.

Haha maybe you're right. I will mention it to him next time I see him. He is in there quite often and not hard to miss being nearly 7 foot lol.

Other cool wrestlers tattoos I like are the Sean O'Haire flames that he has round his wrist, they look pretty sweet and I was always a fan of the cross that Test had on his bicep

I have just remembered also how awful Mr Andersons tattoo is on his back, the red one. It would look ok in black, but bright red??? Really Ken??

Punk's chest Tat is pretty good. Could've looked very stupid if done wrong, but you cant go wrong with skulls.

Also I think Barrett's tatoo is very well done as well. The red ember effest is a win.

I also like Punk's straight Edge tattoo. I really like tatts that go around the stomach and I'll probalby get me one like that one day but Punks' tatt is special because that is how he lives his life. I never really understood why he had a pepsi tatt though. Not saying I don't like it just saying I don't understand why he has it.

Another one I'll mention is the Big Shows.

big-show-118.jpg

I don't know if it is a lion or a tiger or what but I always thought it looked incredible.

Ill agree with most of you that The Rock's Brahma Bull(The Taurus Zodiac Sign) and Goldberg's tribal thing are by far the most iconic tattoos in professional wrestling. I mean both these guys sold tons of merchandise just by using a symbol that was already tatted on them before their big breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back