Best of 2006 **MERGED**

TheCureAndrewHeller

Dark Match Winner
I dont know if this thread was done or not, but the year 2006 is almost over...and what do you think your favorite feud of the year was?

Personally mine was/is the Undertaker/Kennedy feud....Kennedy has so much charisma and to match that up with the undertakers legendary career and mindgames is just plain smart...this feud has made me actually want to watch smackdown (i dont get a chance cause im at work on friday nights), and so far they are spanning it over 3 ppvs(No Mercy, Survivor Series and Armageddon), and has made a diffrent kind of match everytime

Oddly enough, the story has been in limbo and craptastic so far, I just like the idea.

Rated R.K.O.

Alex~Vab

i personally like the undertaker/kennedy fued. the smackdown writers actually have kept this fued interesting and both wrestlers are good on the mic and can actually wrestle. I actually watch smackdown because of this angel. I hope smackdown has more good fueds like this one.

I also think that mvp and kane angel is pretty good. it could use some more work but its better then any of the other angels that going on smackdwon right now.

Because of these 2 fued smackdown seems more interesting to me then raw.

oh I also liked the dx/vince fued at first. but dx angel got stale after HHH/HBK came out on raw dressed as vince and shance.

People use to boo dx, now there so excited about them being back that theres no way they'll be the bads guys which were fun to hate that they once were. Like ever.

i liked the hbk/vince fued the best. it was really back and forth to me. i liked how it turned into the dx/mcmahons fued and it ended where it should HIAC

Smackdown!

I was enjoying the Mark Henry vs Smackdown! Face feud where he literally put 3/4 of the faces on the shelf including Batista, Benoit, Burchill, nearly shelfed Rey Mysterio, etc. I can't wait until he returns because Henry is a great heel and looks like a legitamately dangerous man.

Kennedy vs Undertaker has been great as well Kennedy is awesome up and comer and really puts the Undertaker to the test and compliments his style very well. I like how they keep having new and better matches each time. I hope they have a Hell In a Cell and Kennedy wins that too. I love the Undertaker but I am a really big Kennedy fan as well really think it would be better if he won and wouldn't damage The Undertaker's credibility whatsoever.

Raw- I guess if I absolutely had to pick one I suppose I enjoyed the cross promotion Champion of Champions feud with The rapskallion Cena, King Bookaaaah, and that Big Show the best on Raw.

Other than that it was mostly Edge vs Cena for the WWE championship which was alright in some respects but it got stale quick.

Edge vs. Cena was my favorite feud of the year.
It was just a damn good feud, and it kept me entertained throughout.

My first choice would have to be Mick Foley/Ric Flair, I liked how it was made so personal, they made you beleive that these two guys truley hated eachother, and it was nice to see Foley as a heel for a change, another would have to be Foley/Edge vs. Dreamer/Funk for the same reasons as the Flair/Foley feud, my third would be the whole feud between Cena and ECW, when it started out with RVD useing his MITB contract to challenge for the WWE title, then beat Cena, then it went to Cena punching Heyman and Heyman then putting Sabu into a match with Cena, IDK if you can count of of that as on feud but if so then thats on of my favorites from this last year, Angle/Orton was also a good feud but could have been alot better

Without question, the best feud of the year was in the Cruiserweight division
Matt Hardy vs. Gregory Helms.!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhaahha never total bullshit

IMO It was HBK vs. McMahon. Everyone's already given plenty of reasons why. It just couldn't reach what McMahon and Austin had.

Amazing how Cena and Edge feuded over a 10 straight month span. I thought their feud started off rocky but eventually got better

Smackdown:
I'd have to say Top 5 Feuds of 06"
5) Mark Henry vs all of SD was good and going to end up with a big time match vs Batista in the summer. Hope he comes back by post-WM to pick up where he left off.

4) Hardy vs Helms the in ring action between those two was great. Even some of the quick backstage "one-up-the other" segments were good too. Helms is a star in the making.

3) Finlay vs Lashley - no mic work what so ever, great hard hitting matches people were into.

2) Batista vs Booker T (up to summerslam) there was the "fight" at the summerslam commercial which gave the feel that the summerslam match would have some legit heat to it. Once summerslam came, the "heat" died and so did the feud.

1) TIE:
-MVP vs Kane/Undertaker vs Kennedy: Single handly these story lines have paved the way for SD to do ac omplete 180 from where it was a year ago. It also allows the rest of the SD roster to take shape with thier feuds and has made the show a lot bettter.

It's got to be Finlay/Lashley. Both were new to WWE audiences and yet the crowd alway's gave them great heat. Lashley would be nowhere as as over as his if it was'nt for his matches with Finlay. And because the crowd got behind Lashley so much it made them hate Finlay more.

I'll be an oddball and say HHH/Cena at WrestleMania. Not a lot of people liked their chemestry, but I think if they kept at it and did a double turn at WM then this feud would have been a classic.

I have enjoyed more Smackdown fueds lately than raw ones. VP/Kane is my favorate at the moment, especially with the upcoming inferno match. Kennedy and taker has been great with gripping segments, and I really like how the writers have sort of mixed the mvp/kane and taker/kennedy fued together. Finlay vrs Lashely was a great brawling wrestling battle, Batista booker was an okish feud. Currently I am also enjoying William Regal and Dave Taylors matches with the highflyerz London and Kendrick. The one on one matches a couple of weeks ago involving Regal where text book defintions of SMASH MOUTH wrestling from Regal, he really took it tuff on Kendrick espeically, kinda like Hardcore Holl in tough enough.

RAW
I would have to say it was kind of hard, because I really have three and they all tie for each other. Reason being that each of these feuds have/are gone/going for waaay to long and they become plain boring. Here they are in no particular order:

1) Edge vs. Cena --> Long live the Rated "R" Superstar
2) Umaga vs. Everyone --> I would still love to see Umaga vs. Boogeyman @ WM
3) Rated R.K.O. vs. DX --> R.K.O. has promise...but honestly...evolution was waaaaayyy better.

Smackdown!
Smackdown has been getting better over the last few months, particularly because of the Kennedy/Undertaker feud, which is my choice for best feud on SD! However, I really think that the rise in SD! ratings also have in large part been due to the changes recently...(i.e. Benoit returning, Lashley leaving, Batista becoming champ, etc.)

**on a side note...I'm sick and tired of Helms being Cruiserweight Champ...someone please win the belt from him!**

my fav fueds were dx/spirit squad, lashley/booker, taker/kennedy, mvp/kane, and how about lax/amw

they all had great matches and aside from the lax/amw fued they all had good promos

As for SD!, I'd have to go with the Booker T/ Lashley feud. When Booker became king and did that whole "All hail king bookaaaaa!" routine, I nearly died. As for Raw, I'd go with the Nitro/Hardy feud. That ladder match on Raw was great.

There was really only one fued that had me going this year in the WWE, and that was Mysterio vs Angle vs Randy Orton. They had good chemistry, and put on some great matches when given the oppurtunity.

other than that, all the good fueds where in TNA....LAX/AJ and Daniels, Angle vs Joe, Sting vs Jarrett...

DX VS Vince, without a doubt. Vince needs to change the way he gets the babyfaces, though. This whole "you against 10 guys, you in a handicapped match" is getting old. Vince needs to reinvent himself as a heel.

Flair vs Mick was the best because it was designed from real life problems. ECW vs the WWE was awesome and had so much promise. Edge vs Cena was the longest feud we have seen in a while and it seemed to be the main choice for headlining all year. You know...it is kind of pathetic that I'm not really thinking of great fueds as opposd to feuds in general. There were so few real fueds (as opposed to month long cookie cutter matchups) I can barely compile a list of 10 real angles the entire year. Carlito and Orton could have been good to if they used Orton to get Carlito over instead of the other way around. DX really is lame though and doesn't get my vote at all.

As for SD!, I'd have to go with the Booker T/ Lashley feud. When Booker became king and did that whole "All hail king bookaaaaa!" routine, I nearly died. As for Raw, I'd go with the Nitro/Hardy feud. That ladder match on Raw was great.

yea, that ladder match is what makes me love this feud.

I dont watch smackdown a whole lot cuz we dont have the dang CW network here. all we have is what used to be our WB and UPN channels just doing their own thing and showing repeats of bunches of cheap shows.

NEways, that leaves me with RAW and ECW:

ECW didnt have any real good fueds... big show dominated everyone and Punk Vs. Knox is alright, but he hasnt been around real long, and he needs a better push.

RAW:

1. Foley Vs. Flair:

I honestly wasnt a flair fan till that fued. I loved how he wouldnt give up and was just plain brutal in that last match. I still think the guy is too old and needs to give up wrestling, but if he can pull another one of those, i'm cool with him. Just please dont let hime be like that Flair Vs Spirit Squad crap.

2. Edge Vs Cena:

Yes it went too long. but in between the pure length of it were quite a few great matches, and good times, mostly the fued was best when cena WASNT holding the title, but was chasing edge for it. just the way edge so purly antagonized cena with all he had, it was really a good feud.

3. Nitro Vs Hardy (jeff, duh)

yea. they need to keep this one goin.

4. DX Vs The McMahons.

Went as long as it should, and ended well. now all we need, like the sandman said, McMahon needs some new Tactics when tryin to defeat wrestlers... something besides sending EVERY FRIGGIN jobber in the lockerroom out to the ring for a quick finisher then toss out of the ring.

What about the legend killer vs the undetaker? or was that 05? Anyway that was a great story line and it hit home. Nobody like the undertker getting beat by that dude. But he did get his revenge though . Which i thught was sweet.

The Edge and Cena feud was great. And the way it ended with the TLC match was great. I mean that was a hell of a match. I think that they should have had Edge win it but thats the writters for ya. Edge clearly carried Cena through that one but it was very entertaining none the less.

my fav feuds of 06 are as followed
3.spirit squad vs. d-x *ok feud but they should've had an angle where the spirit squad beat on d-x like they did hbk*just a thought
2.taker vs. kennedy*amazing feud that kept me on the edge of my seat in every match. truly phenominal*
1.*drumroll* and my fav feud of 06' is.......jeff hardy vs. johnny nitro*yeah ok some of you may not agree with me but if you take a look back at december to dismember the tag-team with matt and mecury involved was what brought the ppv from sucking hard.... and the ladder match on raw was great.just not a good job of nitro winning the title and losing it 8 days later

yea, that ladder match is what makes me love this feud.

I dont watch smackdown a whole lot cuz we dont have the dang CW network here. all we have is what used to be our WB and UPN channels just doing their own thing and showing repeats of bunches of cheap shows.

NEways, that leaves me with RAW and ECW:

ECW didnt have any real good fueds... big show dominated everyone and Punk Vs. Knox is alright, but he hasnt been around real long, and he needs a better push.

RAW:

1. Foley Vs. Flair:

I honestly wasnt a flair fan till that fued. I loved how he wouldnt give up and was just plain brutal in that last match. I still think the guy is too old and needs to give up wrestling, but if he can pull another one of those, i'm cool with him. Just please dont let hime be like that Flair Vs Spirit Squad crap.

2. Edge Vs Cena:

Yes it went too long. but in between the pure length of it were quite a few great matches, and good times, mostly the fued was best when cena WASNT holding the title, but was chasing edge for it. just the way edge so purly antagonized cena with all he had, it was really a good feud.

3. Nitro Vs Hardy (jeff, duh)

yea. they need to keep this one goin.

4. DX Vs The McMahons.

Went as long as it should, and ended well. now all we need, like the sandman said, McMahon needs some new Tactics when tryin to defeat wrestlers... something besides sending EVERY FRIGGIN jobber in the lockerroom out to the ring for a quick finisher then toss out of the ring.

talking bout how the feud was great when cena WASNT hold the title.
well i got news for ya. he lost a nyr and won it back at royal rumble a few weeks later. then the feud was only good for like a month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back