Best live DVD!

El Rev sXe

If you have ghosts...
As simple as you read the title. You've got to choose how many live DVD's that you want. If it's rock or metal, cool, but it can also be, pop, electronic, rap etc...

The only thing is that you need to say why and take in mind some parameters of the show: the charisma, the show itself, the interaction with the audience.

These are my picks:

Megadeth: That One Night Live In Buenos Aires Now this is becoming common, many bands/artists are saying that the best audience is the latin one, but specially those in Argentina. When, they play Symphony of Destruction, you hear the crowd going nuts chanting between the riffs "Megadeth, aguante Megadeth" wich means something like "let's go Megadeth". Check it out for yourselves:
[YOUTUBE]IkZu_aAzJgA[/YOUTUBE]

Foo Fighters: Live at Wembley Stadium My all time favorite DVD! Wanna know why? Because you can hear more than 4.000 fans chanting "there goes my hero", you get to see/hear a cover of Led Zep's "Ramble On" and "Rock and Roll" with both Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. And my favorite reason cause they get to play "Best of you" and in the break, Dave Grohl realize that this is their biggest show so he drops some tears!
[YOUTUBE]4qY2axDbxWo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]9WFw7rgPumY[/YOUTUBE]

Avenged Sevenfold: Live at the LBC Simply it's a great show, with very good live versions of some songs "Seize the day", "Critical Acclaim", "Second Heartbeat" etc.. It's the only time that I saw them perform live "A Little Piece of Heaven" and it was the only and the last time that we get to see a recorded DVD with The Rev :(

[YOUTUBE]IcE3PWHTZGE[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway those are my picks, how about yours?

2 that come to mind for me are

Metallica's S&M

And AC/DC Live! (in Dorrington) from '91

Now I may be a little bias in this, as these 2 were some of my favorite bands ever. But these shows just connected to me. I could sit and watch them start to finish. That and the S&M show was just wonderfully sounding, the mix of hard rock and classical together I didn't think I would like, but I was proven wrong.

Maybe I misunderstood the thread title, and I'm sorry if I did.. but I'll try and add some positive addition to your thread.

[YOUTUBE]7XZGJiY2a3o[/YOUTUBE]

Aswell as every other Michael Jackson concert in history, the crowd sounded electric here. If any performances deserve to be named the "best" then I'd say anything by Michael Jackson, he truly is the King of his Genre.

[YOUTUBE]pYdZekOaQhU[/YOUTUBE]

Here's Stone Sour performing their song 'Inhale' at Rock AM Ring Festival 2006in Germany. That's the biggest crowd I've ever seen and heard. They sang along to the song and to me, that shows good signs of a brilliant crowd reaction. Nothing gets me amped up more, personally, than seeing a crowd jump up and down and sing along to a song with the band. It's awesome, gives me goosebumps. Having experienced it live this past February seeing 30 Seconds to Mars live was good too.

I think that's all I can give to this thread right now. I most likely misunderstood the thread title, sorry if I did, man. I gave some logical input though.​

Green Days "Bullet in a Bible" 2006.

This one was live from England, but was quite simlilar to when I saw them live myself here in Pittsburgh. Ive never seen a band with more passion, energy, and a desire to get the crowd involved in the show. There simply wasn't a bad song on the show. They started with alot of stuff from their "American Idiot" CD, but went nostalgic when they pulled out "Brain Stew" "Basket Case" "When I Come Around", and "Minority from their earlier work. They did a great jobn with their cover work too, nailing "King for a Day, and "Shout" by Queen.

The highlight, though, had to be the finale, "Time of Your Life". They hadn't played it yet, and the entire band left, and apparently had packed up their instruments and seemed liek they were done. The fans were shouting and screaming for "one more song", and after about 5 minutes of nothing, Billie Joe Armstrong reappeared by himself, guitar in hand, and absolutely put on a bone chlling performace of the song. It was even better on DVD then it was live, which says alot,. because they were the best band Ive ever seen live, and Ive seen over 50.

Damn Natural beat to it, Alice In Chains Unplugged is one of the greatest live (and unplugged) performances ever.

[YOUTUBE]31a6HQUrAz0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I would like to say Nirvana's Unplugged performance was good as well especially with their covers of David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World

[YOUTUBE]yVwLEPf-ROo[/YOUTUBE]

And Lead Belly's Where Did You Sleep Last Night

[YOUTUBE]iKT1P7x_Pzo[/YOUTUBE]

I am going to for the Alice In Chains Unplugged Live Show. Just seeing how frail and ill Layne Staley is at that time really tugged at my heart strings, and you can see Jerry Cantrell keep looking over concerned to make sure Layne is coping.

The wonderful thing is even though he is crippled with his heroin problem, Layne manages to put on a mesmerising performance of the most beautiful song ever made...Nutshell

[YOUTUBE]3px0m1Y9Tuc[/YOUTUBE]

Green Days "Bullet in a Bible" 2006.

This one was live from England, but was quite simlilar to when I saw them live myself here in Pittsburgh. Ive never seen a band with more passion, energy, and a desire to get the crowd involved in the show. There simply wasn't a bad song on the show. They started with alot of stuff from their "American Idiot" CD, but went nostalgic when they pulled out "Brain Stew" "Basket Case" "When I Come Around", and "Minority from their earlier work. They did a great jobn with their cover work too, nailing "King for a Day, and "Shout" by Queen.

The highlight, though, had to be the finale, "Time of Your Life". They hadn't played it yet, and the entire band left, and apparently had packed up their instruments and seemed liek they were done. The fans were shouting and screaming for "one more song", and after about 5 minutes of nothing, Billie Joe Armstrong reappeared by himself, guitar in hand, and absolutely put on a bone chlling performace of the song. It was even better on DVD then it was live, which says alot,. because they were the best band Ive ever seen live, and Ive seen over 50.

This. The DVD was very well done. But Green Day wrote King for a Day, and Shout was written by the Isley Brothers. Other than that I agree. They are a great live band, and Billie Joe's voice has one of the best live voices I've ever heard.

This. The DVD was very well done. But Green Day wrote King for a Day, and Shout was written by the Isley Brothers. Other than that I agree. They are a great live band, and Billie Joe's voice has one of the best live voices I've ever heard.

Yeah I like old school Green Day, but I have to admit that they have loads of energy live. But, dude, how many live singers have you heard? :confused: Seriously, Billy Joel is a punk singer, the only GOOD ( and by that I mean he knows really how to sing) is Danzig. I mean, how about, Robert Plant, Freddy Mercury, Myeles Kennedy etc. Really dude, not trying to bash you, but is like saying that Dave Grohl is a great singer...I LOVE Dave Grohl but I know there are LOTS of better vocalists out there...

You bolded too much. LIVE singer. Most guys sound like crap live due to various factors, but he always sounds really good live. I didn't say best, just acknowledging he's well above average.

By the way, Myles Kennedy might have the worst live voice I've ever heard.

My entry may not count as I have it on VHS,
regardless, it still ranks as one of the best live
shows I've ever watched.

SRV LIVE at (the) El Mocambo Club 1983:
Before the drugs ravaged him enough to
hamper his abilities, and a 1990 Wisconsin
helicopter crash tragically cut his life short
like other music greats before him, SRV
was one of, if not the best blues guitarist
of his generation. This show proved that fact
without doubt. On display was Vaughan's
almost prodigious raw talent and master
showmanship. In the big top circus that
was his live act SRV was ring master, lion
-tamer, trapeze artist and strong-man all
rolled into one.

This thread just warms my heart :)
Such splendid choices.

I got 2.

G3 Live In Tokyo

One of the most PERFECT performances I have seen.
Petrucci does a great opener in Glasgow Kiss which can only be described as Free-fallling from a plane with your lover, and no parachutes.
Satch is at his Hendix-esque best and Mr. Vai is a joy to behold here.

But for me this just takes the cake:

[YOUTUBE]RI6wXyhc0E[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back