Best Live Video/DVD

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I only ask, because I'm currently watching clips of Black Sabbath: Never Say Die, and the show is the definition of metal. The sound is great, the crowd is into it, and it's frikkin' Black Sabbath. Of all the ones I've seen, this would definitely rank among the best.

However, the best one that I've seen, is Papa Roach: Live And Murderous In Chicago. The band sounds great, and it's a small venue, so the crowd is intense. The setlist is what really caps it for me. Too often, have I seen live sets where bands leave off their best songs. This one has them all. 21 total I believe.

I can't pick just one, so I'm going to name the ones that I have which I feel are great.

My Chemical Romance: Life on the Murder Scene. A three disc DVD/CD combo. Two DVDs and a live CD. One of the DVDs is a pretty long documentary of the band which is from their very start from growing up until when they started recording The Black Parade. The documentary is great, funny, absorbing and an interesting story to watch. The other DVD is a live concert DVD with songs from a couple different locations and the performances are great with a great crowd. They're songs from the first two albums. The CD is great since it has live versions of some songs, a demo of Bury Me in Black and a previously unreleased track, Desert Song.

My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade is Dead! Two disc DVD/CD set. The DVD has two live concerts. One from Mexico city which is their last performance under the persona of The Black Parade and one from Hoboken, New Jersey in a small bar I think it is which has some older stuff too, which is really good. No documentary on this one though which was a bit disappointing. The CD is just live versions of the Mexico City performance songs.

Linkin Park: Live in Texas. Another one of my faveourite bands. The DVD is really solid and has all their classic hits and is a great live performance of all of them. The crowd's really into it and the CD is just a few of the live performed songs.

AFI: I Heard a Voice. It's just a one DVD release but it has a live concert from Long Beach Arena and it is a great concert. Some newer stuff like Miss Murder, Love Like Winter and also some old classic songs like The Days of the Phoenix, This Time Imperfect and God Called in Sick Today. Davey getting in the crowd and on the guys shoulders belting out the chorus for God Called in Sick Today was fucken sick. If you like AFI, check it out.

Reactions: NSL
One that I've been watching alot lately is Pearl Jam Unplugged. I just bought the reissue of Ten, and for the first time, this special was released to DVD. I absolutely love it. It has all their hits of the time, the crowd was hot, and did I mention it's Pearl fuckin' Jam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back