Best Kurt Angle TNA Matches

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
Kurt Angle is one of those guys that makes you stand up and take notice. His amazing with his expressions, talking, selling his ring prowess and just is an overall prototype of a Pro Wrestler.

Now I want a list of his best TNA matches and your overall best TNA match of his of all time.

Of all I've seen, Angle vs Joe in the cage piqued my interest when I first read about it, and did deliver.

Gimme a list people!

Kurt Angle Vs. Samoa Joe - Genesis 2006
Kurt Angle Vs. Samoa Joe - Turning Point 2006
Kurt Angle Vs. Christian Cage Vs. Rhino for TNA World Title - Impact 2007
Kurt Angle Vs. Samoa Joe - 30 Minute Ironman Match- Final Resolution 2007
Kurt Angle Vs. Jay Lethal for X Division Title - No Surrender 2007
Kurt Angle Vs. Sting for World Title - Bound for Glory 2007
Kurt Angle Vs. AJ Styles - Last Man Standing - Hard Justice 2008
Kurt Angle Vs. Jeff Jarrett - Bound for Glory 2008
Kurt Angle Vs. Abyss in Falls Count Anywhere - Turning Point 2008
Kurt Angle vs Sting - Empty Arena Match - 2009
Kurt Angle Vs. Jeff Jarrett in No Holds Barred Match - Genesis 2009
Kurt Angle Vs. AJ Styles from Super Impact before Bound for Glory 2009
Kurt Angle Vs. Desmond Wolfe - Turning Point 2009
Kurt Angle Vs. Desmond Wolfe in Three Degrees of Pain Match - Final Resolution 2009
Kurt Angle Vs. AJ Styles for World Title from Impact 1/4/2010
Kurt Angle Vs. Mr. Anderson in a Steel Cage - Lockdown 2010
Kurt Angle Vs. AJ Styles at Sacrifice 2012

His best matches would be pretty much every match he had with AJ Styles,Sting and Samoa Joe.. Though his matches with Desmond Wolfe were great too.

My Top 15

1. Angle v. Joe - Turning Point '06
2. Angle v. Joe - Genesis '06
3. Angle v. Anderson - Lockdown '10
4. Angle v. Nigel - 3 Degrees of Pain - Final Resolution '09
5. Angle v. Styles - Last Man Standing - Hard Justice '08
6. Angle v. Joe - Iron Man Match - Final Resolution '07
7. Angle v. Jarrett - Ultra Male Rules - Lockdown '11
8. Angle v. Styles - Impact 1/4/10
9. King of the Mountain - Slammiversary '07
10. Angle v. Joe - Lockdown '08
11. Angle v. Styles - Sacrifice '12
12. Angle v. Jarrett - Bound for Glory '08
13. Angle v. Nagata - Global Impact '08
14. Angle v. Nigel - Turning Point '09
15. Angle v. Lethal - No Surrender '07

Somebody pick one. Pick one match that you adore outta his TNA tenure.

I've haven't seen as many but Angle/Joe the first one was class. The perfect way to break a streak.

Also since I had some recent surgery gonna be grounded so I just might go on an Angle binge. Expect reviews and discussions

Woopdeee fuckin'dooo!...I know

I wanted to point out that the Angle v. Nigel matches I listed were actually matches between Angle and Desmond Wolfe.

Apparently it can be confusing to some, especially petty bitches like CoCo who saw the need to red rep me for it. ;)

Coco does that out of the fact that he can, and no one reps him back saying "Fuck you cunt!".

First match Angle vs Joe Genesis 2006..ye!

Actually, most of them rep me back. D-Man gave me a mildly amusing one about a week back. Especially titillating is that he PM'd me later apologizing for being so hurtful when he was anything but.

I wanted to point out that the Angle v. Nigel matches I listed were actually matches between Angle and Desmond Wolfe.

Apparently it can be confusing to some, especially petty bitches like CoCo who saw the need to red rep me for it. ;)
If you're going to post like the kind of doucher who calls CM Punk "Phil," you're going to get what you deserve.

If you're going to post like the kind of doucher who calls CM Punk "Phil," you're going to get what you deserve.

Actually the two aren't the same thing at all. Calling Punk "Phil" is referring to him by his real name, not the name most know him as. Nigel McGuinness's(or Desmond Wolfe since you seem to prefer) real name is Steven Haworth. But you obviously don't know that, because you know far less about wrestling than you do about flaming people, so I'll give you a pass and explain it:

Calling Punk "Phil" would be like calling Nigel/Desmond "Steven". Instead I call him Nigel because that is the name he currently goes by, it is the name he had when I was watching him work HWA shows live in late '99/early 2000, it's the name he had when he was a world champion, and is the only name that he has had in his nearly 15 years in the wrestling business other than the 20 months or so he worked in TNA. So naturally I would call Steven Haworth by the name that I always have and that most people know him by, which is Nigel McGuinness.

Not to take sides, but I call him "Desmond Wolfe" in this circumstance because that's what he went by during that period. It's like saying that Diesel wrestled King Mabel at SummerSlam. I wouldn't say that Kevin Nash wrestled Viscera at SummerSlam. But it's a dumb thing to give rep for, positive or negative. I knew what Pillman was talking about.

I just want to point out that I'm not an avid TNA viewer so I never got to see him as "Desmond Wolfe". I've only ever seen him as "Nigel McGuinness" in ROH, as a wrestler and as a commentator.

Calling him "Desmond Wolfe" to me is like calling Mr. Kennedy "Anderson" or Elijah Burke by that "Dinero" moniker. These names feel alien to me because I hardly ever got to hear them called by that. I did get to see Mr. Kennedy as "Anderson" in WWC though, but it was still equally as odd.

Anyway, I know this is a TNA thread, but my favorite Kurt Angle matches will have to be his series with Shawn Michaels. One of the best WrestleMania matches of all time, and probably the best SummerSlam match I've ever seen anyway.

In TNA, I did get to see some of his matches with AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. They were pretty great, but I still feel that his WWE matches were superior. I haven't seen that match with Matt Morgan people keep mentioning so I think I should check that out.

I remember him having a rad match with Amazing Red once.

Yeah that's a great short match on Impact. Happened in 2010 I believe. It was when Angle was blitzing through the top 10 rankings. He was good friends with Red if I recall and wanted to put him over. Angle won of course but still made Red look legit in the process.

Angle vs Anderson is no doubt the best match Anderson has ever had, and one of Kurt's many many greats. So it's worth watching that I think just to see Anderson at his best.

Angle vs Jarrett in the Ultra Male Rules match, I loved that match I was on the edge of my seat during the last few minutes of it oohing and ahhing, it told a great story.

His match against Desmond Wolfe (in Lockdown?) was 5-star quality. I also absolutely loved his first match against Joe, which ended the latter's 18-month streak. His match against Joe for ALL the titles was cool too.

His match against Desmond Wolfe (in Lockdown?) was 5-star quality. I also absolutely loved his first match against Joe, which ended the latter's 18-month streak. His match against Joe for ALL the titles was cool too.

Kurt Angle Vs Samoa Joe [Genesis 2006]

A few questions first-

- Why didn't this match headline BFG 2006? Was it not TNA's premier event back then? Was Jarrett an asinine booker?

- Is Joe still this awesome?

Now, first of, THAT'S HOW YOU END A STREAK! The build was great and by god! Joe is so good. So nimble on his feet and his facial expressions sell the shit outta any move. The last ankle lock grapevine was just an example of that. I remember seeing this back in 2006 but watching it again is cool too.

Epic, epic match, wish it had gone longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back