Best Female Ever

The greatest female character in wrestling is/ was...

• Awesome Kong (TNA)

• Chyna (WWE)

• Francine (ECW)

• Gail Kim (TNA/ WWE)

• Lita (WWE)

• Medusa/ Alundra Blaze (WCW/ WWE)

• Mickie James (WWE)

• Miss Elizabeth (WWE/ WCW)

• Miss Hancock/ Stacey Kiebler (WCW/ WWE)

• Sable (WWE)

• Sensational Sherri (WWE/ WCW)

• Stephanie McMahon/Helmsley (WWE)

• Sunny/ Tammy Sytch (WWE/ ECW)

• Trish Stratus (WWE)

• other (Kim Paige, Wendy Richter, Victoria, Missy Hyatt, Lilian Garcia etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
Given the recent news worthiness of Mickie James & Katie Lee Burchill from WWe and Tara & Awesome Kong from TNA and the outcries about this got me wondering... who was the best female character ever- I've made 14 suggestions and left an 'other' option as I'd a list FAR longer that I'd to reel back. Whether you pick someone from the list or go for the other option (pretty) please give your reasoning. As you can see, valets, managers, wrestlers & daddy's girl are all included.

Sorry to go on about this, but could 'other' voters please leave a comment (even if it is just the name of the person you voted for). So far I have four other votes and only one stating who they supported.

My favorite is Torrie, but that has nothing to do with wrestling. That being said...

I chose Sherri. Aside from being a capable wrestler in her own right, she was a great manager/valet for Savage and Shawn. She was also the only woman I can remember that would ugly herself down for her character. The woman was a beauty, but Sensational Sherri was supposed to be the anti Liz in my mind. Even with all that awful makeup, she still looked good to me.

My vote is for Alundra Blaze/Medusa. To me, she set the standard as far as future woman's wrestling goes. She won world titles everywhere she appeared and worked hard to get what she got. Women like Trish and Mickie have Medusa to thank for their success as she was the pioneer of looks and wrestling ability. I dare anyone to sit through some of her classic matches and deny her talent.

I voted for Lita

Championships and accomplishments

American Chronicle
Female of the Year (2006)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
Feud of the Year (2005) with Edge vs. Matt Hardy
Woman of the Year (2001)

Pro Wrestling Report
Diva of the Year (2006)

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWF/E Women's Championship (4 times)

Wrestlers Managed

Christopher Daniels
Danny Doring
Danny Doring and Amish Roadkill
El Dandy
Essa Rios
The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff)
Christian
Kane
Christy Hemme
Edge
Rated-RKO (Randy Orton and Edge)
Trish Stratus

Lita was an amazing wrestler and Womens Champion and also worked as a great manager.

If it had been the best female wrestler, I would have gone with another choice maybe Lita, Trish, or other. The question was what was the best female character ever. I have to go with Miss Elizabeth. I have remembered watching wrestling since 1986 with my grandpa, and Liz is by far, in my opinion, the best put together female character ever.

Liz was always perfect in her story lines and parts in a unbelievable story that lasted for as long as she was in the ring or on camera. Her emotion and facial expression's were priceless, when Savage was bitten by the snake or when the whole Flair issue went on. Just thinking about it makes me miss her she could tell a story better than half the roster in any promotion without even talking. She was only even closely followed in storytelling by Sensational Sherri. Wrestling wise would be different.

I would say the Fabulous Mullah was the greatest female character ever. She was a true pioneer of woman's wrestling. I don't see any other women lasting as long she did. I think Trish was the greatest woman wrestler of all time, but her character didn't set her apart much from the other divas.

Another one I was surprised wasn't on the list is Woman. She was a great manager/valet for many years. She set the bar for female heel managers.

It has to be Trish, right? She looked good, but so did all of these ladies on this list (especially Kong. Mmmm). The was able to combine it with some more than capable wrestling and a great character. Genuinely one of the only female wrestlers that a large majority of people have ever actually cared about.

I'd say Lita would be number 2, being she was sort of the 1b while Trish was 1a. The red hair and massive amount of tats just never worked for me.

Stephanie, obviously, is last.

The fabulous Moolah. End of fucking story. Trish Stratus, Lita, Gail Kim, and anyone else you can think of don't even come close. No offense to the OP, but by omitting Moolah from your poll, you A) reveal you are probably under the age of 20 and B) have absolutely no knowledge of wrestling history.

Seriously, it would be like a poll asking who the best baseball player ever was, and the only choices were recent players, with no mention of Babe Ruth, Lou Gerhig, Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron. I almost want to say leaving Moolah off the list is a grave insult to every women's wrestler who owes their career to her. Meaning pretty much every diva, every knockout, every female wrestler you have ever seen on TV. When it comes to women's wrestling, there is Moolah, and then everyone else. Leaving her off the poll is ridiculous.

I voted Lita. She used to do stuff you'd never, NEVER, see female wrestlers doing in the big leagues (no clue about indy at the time). Then the cheating ****e she was portrayed as during her last few years just made you hate her and Edge so much. I think her personal life and injuries overshadow what was an epic woman's career.

As far as the character itself is concerned and not the wrestling, I have to go with Miss Elizabeth all the way. She drew in a ton of emotion when she was involved in storylines, and when it came to valets, managers, ringside assistants, etc bar none she was the best. Impressive character.

But when it comes to wrestling, Lita all the way. Her and Trish made the Women's Division exciting when the focus was suppose to be drawn on the likes of Main Event talents like Stone Cold and Triple H. They ruled the division with an iron fist, and I will choose Lita over Trish for the fact she brought in a lot of luchador moves and set up most of the light-weight style in WWE. She was the first ever lucha-lady I have ever seen, and so far have yet to see another.

I voted Chyna because she caught the guys.. And she lasted in a 30 man royal rumble against stone cold lol and she was DX !!

I voted for Trish Stratus. Although very good arguments can be made for Moolah & Lita; Trish was the standard bearer for the WWE Diva division during their golden age. To use a baseball analogy; she was the 50s Yankees, and Lita was the 50s Dodgers. To go one further; Moolah was the 30s Yankees. The only difference in Trish's favor is her looks. While that is probably sexist, it was probably the first time since the Wendi Richter era that the female division garnered any type of buzz. More importantly, the ladies within the division at that time; Ivory, Tori, Jazz, Victoria, and Jacquelyn, made it more competitive to make Trish's accomplishments even greater.

For me, there is no single woman in wrestling who I consider, The Best Female Ever. I mean you have actual female wrestlers, Divas, Knockouts, valets, managers, ect. Some had character and charisma and others didn't.

My Personal Favorite is Molly Holly. She was technically one of the best wrestlers and performers I ever saw. And IMO I also thought she was very pretty. She seems like a genuinely good and kind person who has a moral code and works for charities. She is one of the few woman who I could actually enjoy watching a wrestling match from. Lets be Honest, Kelly Kelly, Maria, the Bella twins are all hot but terrrible in the ring. I don't mind having Divas who are just there to be sexy and work an ocassional match, but I don't really enjoy the matches. With Molly I always did. I enjoyed watching Molly work just as much as any male wrestler.

Other Women who were obviously influenecial (To me) are

The Fabulous Moolah = I believe she has the record for the single longest title reign of any title in professional wrestling. WOW. I've never seen any of her old matches but I gotta believe she was a pioneer is women's wrestling. The Brunno Sammartino of Women.

Miss Elizabeth = I'm probabily wrong on this, but for me growing up, she was the first pretty woman I associated with Wrestling. not a wrestler, but we all loved her and Macho Man

Alundra Blaze & Chyna = I remeber Blaze for my generation as one of the first female wrestlers who I took seriously. Chyna was the one I took most seriously. Once again, like Sable, Chyna did this during the attitude era. Chyna was also the first female IC Champion and 1st WWF #1 Contender. Chyna could have been one of the best if she hadn't gone all crazy.

Sunny & Sable = Sunny was alittle before Sable. Sunny was the first real sexy ****ty hot peice of ass I remember. Sable came after Sunny but she was everything Sunny was but Better. Sable was the hottest thing in the wrestling world during WWE's peak with the attitude era. Neither were fantastic Wrestlers though.

That brings me too Trish Stratus. Trish was Special. She went from being a hot Manager for Test and Albert, to being a legitiment wrestler. Trish had it all and did it all. Trish was beautiful, talented, a great worker, a good talker, could work as a heel or face, looks good as a blonde or brunette, and captured the WWE Woman's Championship a record 7 times. I mean she won the title on her last night as an active wrestler in the company and was allowed to just give the belt back to WWE for them to determind the next Champion! I mean who gets to retire like that!

So Trish may be the overall greatest, but there were plenty of others who came before and paved the wave.

Molly Holly is still to this day my personal Favorite.

Trish will just always be the greatest character. She has the total package. She's the hottest Diva I've ever seen, has lots of charisma which is a big deal and lacking by Divas today and she can wrestle and really was a big part of helping build the Divas Division in the Attitude Era and beyond that to be the best it ever was

Well isn't it obvious by my sig that MADISON RAYNE is the best female wrestler?

I'm only kidding, though I do love me some Maddy.

I'm for one of the popular answers in that I'm voting for Trish. The fact that she and Mickie nearly main evented a WrestleMania already is an amazing accomplishment in women's wrestling. Even in her long reign Moolah never did anything near that. She was the complete package as well. She was hot and put on great matches. Plus she was incredible at telling a story both in segments and in the ring. The greatest Diva of our generation and in my opinion, a certified G.O.A.T.

I would say the Fabulous Mullah was the greatest female character ever. She was a true pioneer of woman's wrestling. I don't see any other women lasting as long she did. I think Trish was the greatest woman wrestler of all time, but her character didn't set her apart much from the other divas.

Another one I was surprised wasn't on the list is Woman. She was a great manager/valet for many years. She set the bar for female heel managers.

Hiya,
Simply put 15 is a small number to chose from... Moolah and Nancy Benoit where very close to making the final 14 named. The reasons I culled Moolah was to the majority of people, she is only going to be remembered for her comedy skits with Mae Young and I feared she may get few or no votes. Likewise, I found the Woman character fantastic but to put her in the list, I'd had to drop a similar character and I gave the nods to Medusa/ Alundra Blaze for her time with the Dangerous Alliance coupled with the WWF setting up a women's division around her and Francine because she was the most (IMO) associated female with ECW. Outta curiosity, if this had been your post, who would you have dropped and who would you have included?

The fabulous Moolah. End of fucking story. Trish Stratus, Lita, Gail Kim, and anyone else you can think of don't even come close. No offense to the OP, but by omitting Moolah from your poll, you A) reveal you are probably under the age of 20 and B) have absolutely no knowledge of wrestling history.

Seriously, it would be like a poll asking who the best baseball player ever was, and the only choices were recent players, with no mention of Babe Ruth, Lou Gerhig, Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron. I almost want to say leaving Moolah off the list is a grave insult to every women's wrestler who owes their career to her. Meaning pretty much every diva, every knockout, every female wrestler you have ever seen on TV. When it comes to women's wrestling, there is Moolah, and then everyone else. Leaving her off the poll is ridiculous.

I'm 36 actually and I've been following wrestling since Dig Daddy was kicking Giant Haystacks backside week in week out. Moolah was very close to making the list and was only omitted for my fears of your reason A above. I did not wish to include her and have her overlooked because to many younger and casual fans, she is just remembered as a comedy double act with Mae Young. 14 is a poor number to have to cut this poll down to and I didn't fire the first names that came into my head- I did put alot of thought into it, which is why I appealed to people like yourself to let the posters know who you picked with your 'other' vote. Thank you for doing so. If I may, can I ask you your variations on the 14 please? One final thing, could you stick your vote in 'other' please.

My Personal Favorite is Molly Holly. She was technically one of the best wrestlers and performers I ever saw. And IMO I also thought she was very pretty. She seems like a genuinely good and kind person who has a moral code and works for charities. She is one of the few woman who I could actually enjoy watching a wrestling match from.

Love the post, always had a soft spot for Miss Madness and was another I hated to drop from my list! Like other people who've went with the 'other' option, may I ask you who you would drop and include if the poll was your doing?

As far as from a character stand point I'm gonna go with Stephanie McMahon, she was by far my favorite female character, from being a general manager of Smackdown, being the on-screen wife of Triple H (which I feel is one of the greatest angles ever in my opinion, one of them.. not the..)

From a wrestling stand point, I'm gonna go with Trish Stratus, she is the greatest female wrestler I have ever had the pleasure of watching wrestle, she is by far the most successful women's wrestler in my opinion, and if I was to choose from a wrestling stand point, it'd be Trish, without much argument.

But I'm voting Stephanie, for the best female character.

"Best Female Ever" This to me insinuates best all around female, not necessarily best wrestler (Gail Kim, Alundra Blayze, Lita, Mae Young), best character (Sherri), best manager (Miss Elizabeth), best looking (maaaany choices here), or most important (definitely Fabulous Moolah). To me, there is no other choice than Trish Stratus to match all of these. I don't believe she's the best in any of my aforementioned categories, but she's high up in each, making her the best female ever.

I'm 36 actually and I've been following wrestling since Dig Daddy was kicking Giant Haystacks backside week in week out. Moolah was very close to making the list and was only omitted for my fears of your reason A above. I did not wish to include her and have her overlooked because to many younger and casual fans, she is just remembered as a comedy double act with Mae Young. 14 is a poor number to have to cut this poll down to and I didn't fire the first names that came into my head- I did put alot of thought into it, which is why I appealed to people like yourself to let the posters know who you picked with your 'other' vote. Thank you for doing so. If I may, can I ask you your variations on the 14 please? One final thing, could you stick your vote in 'other' please.

And yet, some people (not just me) have voted for her anyway. The idea of listing Moolah as an "other" just seems WRONG. Personally, I wouldn't have Stacy Keibler on there at all (as much as I adored looking at her, and consider her the prettiest woman ever affiliated with a wrestling company, and legs that made you go holy shit, she was a craptacular wrestler.) All she was is eye candy, and that's it. Using that logic, you might think I would want to remove Miss Elizabeth too, but I don't. I am fine with Miss Elizabeth being on there, while she never wrestled, she was a long time manager when managers were important. She was a valuable asset to the WWF. (less so in WCW)

I would probably also swap Awesome Kong in favor of Ivory or Victoria, for the simple fact that Awesome Kong simply hasn't been in the business long enough.

I think I would probably remove Gail Kim in exchange for Wendy Richter, for the same reason. Gail Kim is really talented, but, when I think of greatest ever, I think of women with longer careers. Maybe ten years from now, after Gail Kim has been doing it longer, she would deserve re-examination. But right now, its probably too soon.

I think I would probably trade Sable for Judy Grable. Most of you probably have no clue who she is, but, she had a perfect record against every woman she ever faced that wasn't named Moolah. Have no problems with the other women on the list, I can see how they affected the wrestling world, and the impact they have each had.

"Best Female Ever" This to me insinuates best all around female, not necessarily best wrestler (Gail Kim, Alundra Blayze, Lita, Mae Young), best character (Sherri), best manager (Miss Elizabeth), best looking (maaaany choices here), or most important (definitely Fabulous Moolah). To me, there is no other choice than Trish Stratus to match all of these. I don't believe she's the best in any of my aforementioned categories, but she's high up in each, making her the best female ever.

I can easily see Sherri in another 2 of the categories you listed. Sherri was one of the best female wrestlers of her generation and I believe she is considered one of the best female wrestlers ever. Sherri was also called the Manager of Champions because every wrestler of team she managed eventually won gold. And Sherri did not manage only one wrestler as in the case of Ms. Elizabeth. Sherri was also pretty, but for some reason chose to make herself look ghastly. I can only guess it was to direct the focus to her actual talents and not her looks.

strictly as a character... i think stephanie mcmahon was one of the best things about the additude era... she was such a beautiful young girl when she first appeared and she morphed into one of the most villianous female personas in the history of wrestling... i loved the test / HHH marriage storyline, then her getting into it with kurt angle, and being sacrificed by undertaker, getting slapped at wrestlemania by her own mother (and future senator?), joining DX, getting RKOd, shes done it all... and she ultimately will be the chairman of WWE sooner then later... that a lot of power for a female... otherwise... i loved sunny, still do, i saw her recently, and she is STILL gorgeous!!! best wrestler- by far, fabulous moolah, noone compares, if trish stuck around another 10 years, then maybe we could start talking about her being of any importance, she was just a flash in the pan... hottest- by far stacy keibler, but ive liked a few of the diva search chicks of the last few years, but they are all ****es... not my stacy, although, i gotta say, lacey von erich is something else to... who wouldnt want to see lacey and stacy wrestling or, kissing-either way... best "diva" - Maryse, she gets "it" if you havent noticed all the little nuances in her character, then you arent a real wrestling fan, this girl gets "it". best female pro wrestler on the scene today? Angelina Love? Miss Chief? Michelle McCool? Cheerleader Melissa (Alyssa Flash)? i dont know, theres not a whole lotta technically sound women out there... but there are a few that can actually put together a match that doesnt make you wanna shot the tv- elvis style... beautiful people- just wanted to say it- its a great little "stable" its a good concept, it makes wrestling sense, and makes for storylines for the next few years, so good for them...

And yet, some people (not just me) have voted for her anyway. The idea of listing Moolah as an "other" just seems WRONG. Personally, I wouldn't have Stacy Keibler on there at all (as much as I adored looking at her, and consider her the prettiest woman ever affiliated with a wrestling company, and legs that made you go holy shit, she was a craptacular wrestler.) All she was is eye candy, and that's it. Using that logic, you might think I would want to remove Miss Elizabeth too, but I don't. I am fine with Miss Elizabeth being on there, while she never wrestled, she was a long time manager when managers were important. She was a valuable asset to the WWF. (less so in WCW)

I would probably also swap Awesome Kong in favor of Ivory or Victoria, for the simple fact that Awesome Kong simply hasn't been in the business long enough.

I think I would probably remove Gail Kim in exchange for Wendy Richter, for the same reason. Gail Kim is really talented, but, when I think of greatest ever, I think of women with longer careers. Maybe ten years from now, after Gail Kim has been doing it longer, she would deserve re-examination. But right now, its probably too soon.

I think I would probably trade Sable for Judy Grable. Most of you probably have no clue who she is, but, she had a perfect record against every woman she ever faced that wasn't named Moolah. Have no problems with the other women on the list, I can see how they affected the wrestling world, and the impact they have each had.

Apologies to yourself and others who wanted the Fabulous Moolah, as I stated before I didn't want to tarnish her memory by having her overlooked and my thinking on this was that, here in the UK, we have a station called Channel 4 and a couple of years ago they ran a 'Top 100' season (Top 100 comedy films, horrors- you get the gist), with very few exceptions the public were not voting for the classics but rather for films in the last quarter century. Is this right? Hell no, but fact is it was the case:banghead:

To be honest Stacey made it on for one reason the PWI Top 100 Women in Wrestling History in 2002 listed her at number1- a top 10 dominated by current (at the time) or still very fresh in the memory Divas.

Gail Kim and Awesome Kong both made my list because one of the current threads on WZ is the fall in quality of the Knockouts Division, which was created for Kim & Kong and was fantastic when they where there. Kong still did a good job after Kim left for the WWe, until creative made it plumb impossible for her. Kim was also excellent in the heel valet role for JJ & AMW.

Sable made the list because she and Chyna were the head women in the Attitude era and like Trish Stratus who followed, she went from being eye-candy to being a reasonable performer in the ring (although IMO never to the standard Trish achieved). Basically, when Playboy came out with 'WWF Performer Sable Nude' on the cover- a whole new breed of fan came on board. Far be it for me to argue the point but Sable's Playboy spread might just have had as equal an effect on the Monday Night Wars as Stone Cold, The Rock or DX.

This poll still has 6 days to go, given the repeated mentions of Moolah and should any other names get mentioned to a reasonable extent, I will post a follow up poll with the top vote getters in this poll alongside Moolah and the other ladies that folks are agrieved to be missing from my humble list.

Thank you for your input- it's nice to see I'm not the only 30 somethin still followin this crazy wrasslin game!

Hiya,
Simply put 15 is a small number to chose from... Moolah and Nancy Benoit where very close to making the final 14 named. The reasons I culled Moolah was to the majority of people, she is only going to be remembered for her comedy skits with Mae Young and I feared she may get few or no votes. Likewise, I found the Woman character fantastic but to put her in the list, I'd had to drop a similar character and I gave the nods to Medusa/ Alundra Blaze for her time with the Dangerous Alliance coupled with the WWF setting up a women's division around her and Francine because she was the most (IMO) associated female with ECW. Outta curiosity, if this had been your post, who would you have dropped and who would you have included?

I would probably just replace Stacy Kiebler and Francine with Mullah and Woman.
Stacy really didn't bring much to the table except being unbelievable hot.
Francine may be the queen of extreme, but Woman was the original queen of extreme and was more well known even before the tragedy that ended her life.

I agree with you that must current fans only know Mullah as the goofy old lady. I've been watching wrestling since '84 when I was 6, and I've only seen a handful of her matches. I think the WWE has done a good job over the years showing us what she has done for woman's wrestling of the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back