• Mr. McMahon

• John Morrison

• C.M. Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realtalk11

Dark Match Jobber
Out of the 5 people who have been ECW Champion ever since ECW came back in mid-2006, who did you prefer being ECW Champ? RVD, Big Show, Lashley, Mr. Mcmahon, or John Morrison? I personally preferred Rob Van Dam because he was an ECW Original and RVD's matches were always entertaining to watch. He just seemed like a natural ECW Champ. RVD becoming Champ was the perfect start for ECW again. Too bad it hasn't been much since then.
What do you guys think?

RVD: Would have been a great champ. Had he not fucked it up. He did, thus his reign was cut short.

Big Show: He tried hard. But it couldn't hide the fact that he's pretty useless.

Bobby Lashley: Didn't benefit from the title reign. Didn't learn much from the title reign. Probably the worst WWECW champ so far.

John Morrison: He is not going to get over a champion. There's just no way. He's a personality vaccume. It's just not going to work, they need to pull the plug on his title reign now.

Vince McMahon: Brilliant. Has there been an WWECW champ with so much heat? Nope. It's not like the title means anything. Vince winning the title was a masterstroke. I almost felt sorry for Lashley wehn he lost the title. I dont get why people got so angry. This isn't Paul Heymans ECW. It's not the same title Shane Dougla, Terry Funk and Tazz held. And Vince is also a better wrestler than Lashley and Big Show. And can talk unlike Lashley. And is a better heel than Big Show.

I personally think the two people who would make the best two ECW champions would be CM Punk and Elijah Burke those two are clearly the best two in the ring on ECW and Elijah Burke is a personality vacuum on reverse hes overflowing with it and CM Punk is one of the most over wrestlers right now both are excellent in the ring and its only a matter of time until they both hold the titles

Lashley. Simple reason, I only cared about the title during his stint.
Morrison is still a RAW jobber imho and the crowd is dead every time he defends the title, RVD fucked up and is, was and will ever be just a spot monkey, McMahon made the people care about the title and devaluated it at the same time but is not even a wrestler and Big Show was just Big Slow.

RVD hands down he's the only one who deserved the ECW title, he is ECW or if they put it on Dreamer thats cool too both are ECW and no one else should even hold the ECW title thats currently on the roster and yes I know RVD isnt with the company anymore blah blah blah. Morrison is talented and still needs work, Burke doesnt have the IT factor and shouldn't hold a belt for a while. Lashley is ******ed and CM Punk might be a good champion but I'd have to see how he would handle the title reign plus when he wears a big shirt over his tights it looks like he's naked and that shits nasty.

When your strongest argument for Rob Van Dam being the best ECW champion thus far is "He is an ECW original", people will never take you seriously. This isn't the old ECW. These wrestlers actually have talent..
I voted for John Morrison. He is the only champion that has ever interested me. True, his mic skills are on par with Syco Sid's, but he is incredibly talented as far as wrestling technics go.

Best champion was McMahon hands down. here you have the one guy that made people pay attention to the ECW title. McMahon drew the most heat when he was holding the belt and he gave the belt prestige as if McMahon holds the gold you know its a worthy belt. Sure its not the same as the old ECW but McMahon was the only reason I watch the new ECW then. He was the best and rest who cares McMahon made that belt interesting when he was champ

When your strongest argument for Rob Van Dam being the best ECW champion thus far is "He is an ECW original", people will never take you seriously. This isn't the old ECW. These wrestlers actually have talent.. .

I'm sorry, bu the current crop of ECW gusy isnt looking better than the originals in their heyday. We will get no classics out of this bunch.

Best champion was McMahon hands down. here you have the one guy that made people pay attention to the ECW title. McMahon drew the most heat when he was holding the belt and he gave the belt prestige as if McMahon holds the gold you know its a worthy belt. Sure its not the same as the old ECW but McMahon was the only reason I watch the new ECW then. He was the best and rest who cares McMahon made that belt interesting when he was champ

Yeah I agree with everything you've just said AJ, I remember when the match happened and I hoped that either Shane or Vince won it, it got me watching ECW again and put up a good show. He's the most over heel so it made sense and it ultimately built Lashley up a bit more. Ideally I would have seen shane as champ because he is Hardcore through and through.

But Vince McMahon greatest new breed ECW champion thus far

at first when johnny nitro won i was like wtf, but then with the new character and all i think they've created the best wwecw champ so far. he has everything and he deserves it for how long he busted his ass working with that ass joey mercury or w.e his name was lol

When your strongest argument for Rob Van Dam being the best ECW champion thus far is "He is an ECW original", people will never take you seriously. This isn't the old ECW. These wrestlers actually have talent..

Talent? It's ECW...the whole premise of the brand is to have a show where people light each other on fire and consistently put each other through tables. If talent means causing me to preemptively fall asleep on my couch on Tuesday nights...then yes, ECW is flooded with talent.

I think it's awful. None of them are the best champ.

ONE BRAND ONE BRAND ONE BRAND

RVD is by far the best ECW champion so far, simply because he is/was ECW, he defined what people should think when they think of ECW, He did fuck himself over but still imo he was the best ECW champ so far, he had everthing a champ should have, talent, good mic work, and in general a good look, none of the others had all of those qualities

I feel RVD is very over rated. Like I said, just because you're a ECW original doesn't make you "all that". Cool frog splash, impressive high kicks, but that's about it.

Mr. McMahon is a business man and shouldn't be in any title scene picture.

I feel that Lashley has/had potential but didn't push himself good enough nor did he have the best move set. I seen him throw in some good moves, but he doesn't use these "good moves" on a regular basis.

John Morrison is my favorite currently, however in order for me to call him a true champion he would need for experience. He is full of potential and talent but needs nothing but experience to develop.

This only really leaves to The Big Show. Unlike some (RVD & Lashley), Big Show was good on the mic. He had charisma. He was a believable champion. He helped to make the new ECW title to develop. Indeed he did have some good matches, despite his health problems at the time.

I say RVD. Out of all these champs RVD would really be able to work well in any enviorment. Throw him in a TLC match and he'd put on just as good a show as he would in a normal match. IMO RVD brought some of the old ECW back to ECW, and had he not messed up I really think that ECW would be in much better shape now than it is. I think a feud between Punk and RVD would have been good. Hell RVD would have been a good feud with anyone on the ECW roster, but we wont be seeing that anytime soon...

I think the best so far was Vince McMahon or RVD
RVD because he deserved the title and when i first heard ecw was coming back i thought the title actually made someone look good and RVD deserved it at the time.
and Vince because he really had the most heat of all heel champs in WWECW but my question is does Mr. Mcmahon = Ratings for WWE?

Me personally the title reign ive enjoyed most has to be John Morrison. I wouldnt say hes the best of them all but out of all of the other champions ive defenitly been most amused watching John Morrison and i love hearing him talk about enlightenment and about being the Shaman of Sexy.

RVD. His reign was good because it was the perfect way of introducing the old ECW to the new ECW, due to him being the only ECW Original to ever really establish himself on the WWE roster. Him beating Cena for the title was also a great moment.

Big Show's reign was okay. The character was decent, as were the matches, however, it fell well short of being a spectacular title run.

Lashley was effectively a RAW wrestler during his time as champion, which made the title seem like more of an accessory in a storyline than something with actual meaning. A supposed world champion feuding with the Intercontinental Champion also hurt the reign's credibility.

McMahon generated good heat but the lack of genuine title matches in this time means that the title was still something of a joke.

John Morrison is the first champion in a while to actually feel like an ECW wrestler instead of a RAW superstar and he definitely has good in-ring ability. However, the fact he instantly transformed from RAW jobber to ECW Champion takes something away from the reign.

I would prefer it to be RVD because he can be in the ring with anyone & put on a good show but Morrison's been pretty good in the ring also. my problem with Morrison since becoming ECW Champ is who has he really faced other than CM Punk & Dreamer plus a local jobber here & there i want to see what he's made of let him face Balls, Thorn, Burke, Boogyman, Cor Von (when he's back) & even that queer Miz. the champ's supposed to fight the locker room.

Morrisson. He has very good in-ring skills and good mic skills. One thing that can't really be disputed is the simple fact that he has more talent than either of the other two world champions of the moment.

Morrisson. He has very good in-ring skills and good mic skills. One thing that can't really be disputed is the simple fact that he has more talent than either of the other two world champions of the moment.

True but what's more disturbing is he pretty much has better in-ring skill than any of the other champions in WWE with MVP being 2'nd but close, those are the two best champions at the time.

hate to say it but i'll put Umaga 3'rd.

I think if RVD was able to hold the title and didnt fuck up we would really be seeing ECW in a different light. He most likely would have had a longer reign and ECW would have been a show to really watch. As soon as WWE stuck it to RVD it was all going down hill and I can't say it enough how RVD is not over rated thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard I mean come on now RVD over rated wow...He's inovative with a great ring presense he can sell moves just as good as anyone out there and the fans eat up every little thing he says or does what more could you want.

When i first heard that Benoit died i was pissed. And what made it worse was that Johnny Nitro won it in his place. At first i thought this reign would be like one of his IC title reigns, where he'll put the title in his pants and come up to the ring and brag. But as John Morrison, he lost like half of his cockyness, and when he was cocky, he actually proved what he said. He didn't deserve winning his first three tag titles with Joey Mercury, and, like Lashley if you think about it, he won a middle singles title (IC) like Lashley (US Title) and got drafted to ECW, and surprisingly got a title shot and won. He deserves every win he gets in the title reign, and is by far, the rebourn ECW's greatest champ ever.

It wouldn't be easy to vote right now since CM Punk only just won the championship. I'd like to have CM Punk stay champion for a while. For the sake of humanity, let's hope Big Daddy V doesn't win the title at all :dark2:

well the big show was a great ecw champion how every week he faced someone new for the title in an extreme rules match and did great. lashley had no reason to be ecw champion he sucked terribly and ecw then was known to me as lashley hour. vince eehh whatever. benoit would have been an awesome one. morrison a good champ and then you have punk who is just great. since punk hasent done anything yet I would the big show for now. I'm hoping they dont make punk vs big daddy v the next fued for the title i'd rather it be punk and burke or punk and thorn.

Best ECW Champ i would have to say is McMahon He made people actually watch to see what would happen with him being ECW Champ,what kind of obticles would be thrown others ways Hand downs McMahon was the Greatest ECW Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back