Who has been the best ECW Champion since 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Prophet

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Since 2006 who has been the best or greatest ECW CHAMPION.
Also who has been the worst.
Your chioces are:
:RVD
:SHOW
:LASHLEY
:VINCE
:NITRO/MORRISON
:pUNK
:CHAVO
:KANE
:WSM(MARK)
:MATT HARDY VERSION 1
:SWAGGER
:CHRISTIAN
:TOMMY D

So who has been the best and the worst out of that list.And of course the greatest champion maybe not in that list cause he was in the original ECW but were not doing that are we.Of course the greatest would be the Leader of the nest,The leader of the Flock,!!!!!!RAVEN!!!!!!!!!

So this is it who is your choice?:worship::banghead:

I would say the Big Show had the best reign so far. He was soooo dominant. He went to the other brands and CHALLENGED THEM to a match for HIS TITLE. Champs dont usually do that much. He defended against the likes of Kane, taker, batista, flair..etc I think that alone makes him the greatest of the WWECW champs.

me personally i'd say christian. he brought a sense of prestige back to the ecw championship. it has slowly been decaying into a less than mid card title for quite some time now but since christian has won the belt it has in my opinion grown in stature. the quality of the championship matches since he has won the title have been awesome.

I'm torn between Morrison and Christian. Morrison had one of the most underrated reigns as a world champion in the past couple of years. I loved his feud with CM Punk, and when he was the champion, he really started to come alive, as far as character development goes. Then there's Christian. He is having one the best quiet reigns as a world champion right now. Christian is great on the mic, and a damn good wrestler.

I'm going with Christian because besides Taker right now, he's probably having the best reign as a world champion in WWE right now, and he's one of the only reasons I watch ECW.

Big Show and Christian were the best ones. When Big Show was ECW Champion, the belt still felt like a world title and he was an intimidating champ. Christian has had the best reign though by a landslide. It depends on how you are looking at it. I'm torn between the two because Big Show made the belt look important the most, but Christian's reign is the best.

If I had to pick, I think I'll say Christian because if Big Show were to regain the title it wouldn't seem like a world title anymore like it did last time he was champion. The belt has lost too much prestige since his reign in 2006.

I'm going with the Big Show's reign here, simply because of the booking which made him seem like a powerhouse. And it was easy to go along with it, simply because Show was massive during this time. Plus, several big-name guys came onto the ECW program and were defeated by Show...Undertaker, Batista, Kane, and Ric Flair to name a few.

This takes away nothing from Christian's reign, which comes in a very close second in my opinion. But if you look at the importance and list of challengers in both Show's and Christian's title reigns, it is easy to see the ECW Title meant more in 2006 than it does today. The title was still big even for being in a new brand.

I'd go with Punk. Not sure about his actual reign, but I remember the huge buildup with him wanting to be champion so much and being so over with the fans. He had a good feud with Morrison and the one with Chavo was pretty good as well. Who doesn't like a Gulf of Mexico Match?

Christian would be #2 for me. His current reign is the longest, I believe. He's made a lot of younger talent look very good during his time as champ, like Ryder and Yoshi, which is incredibly important, especially in the modern day ECW.

I'm probably gonna have to go with Christian. When I look at his overall run with the title and the quality of matches he's had as the ECW Champion, I just see someone that made me stand up and actually care about the title again. I think since Christian is someone that has long since proven himself both as a singles and tag team wrestler, him currently having the title does lend some credibility to it.

My second choice would probably have to be the Big Show. During the time he won the title, the future of the ECW brand was in question and nobody knew exactly what was going to happen. This was during a time in which it seemed somewhat feesible that it was going to be a lot like the original ECW and the Big Show was a very dominant champion. However, one reason why I have to go with Christian is because the Big Show was in such horrible condition at the time. His matches, for the most part, were pretty shitty and he was legitimately well over 500 pounds at this time. He was just in really bad physical shape and it transferred over into some of his matches.

Christian has made me give a crap about the ECW title, and ECW in general. Prior to him gaining the title, I probably hadn't watched ECW in at least 6 months.

I'm going with Christian as well. He made the belt seem Important and some what a World title. Ever since he was champ the title has been in better feuds and on ppvs more. Also during his regin he was able to pin former world champion Chris Jericho and was the last survior with Kofi Kingston in the Kingston vs Randy Orton match.

Cases can be made though for big show as well but I'm going with christian.

forgot to place my pick.

well out of that list i would have to say Big Show,alot of people are pick him or captain C,Big show had such a dominate title riegn him destroyed basically everybody.But what about RVD.I thought that he would be the guy everybody would pick but no not one of yous have picked the only guy to hold the wwe and ecw title at the same time.WOW.

WOO WOO WOO

YOU KNOW IT!

I'm gonna say Christian had the best reign. He has held the title the majority of the year now and competed with and defeated everyone on the brand. The problem with the ECW title is that they haven't had any credible champs except Hardy,Christian,and Punk.

If I had to pick a worst champion I'd pick Chavo. His reign was just there to push La Familia and he quickly dropped it at Wrestlemania in three seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back