Batista: Strikeforce is gone; Is a return to Professional Wrestling coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX98folife

Kings....Reign....Supreme ....
Lil under an hour ago, TMZ of all places posted a short interview with Dave Batista about his lingering MMA deal talks. Specifically asked about his negotiations with the now-UFC-owned Strikeforce, Batista responded very clearly that the deal was off and was not in negotiations with UFC or any other MMA promotion about a career in Mixed Martial Arts. Strikeforce; currently owned by Zuffa LLC, is operating as an independent promotion.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/25/wrestler-batista-mma-strikeforce-ufc-ultimate-fighting-championship-deal-buy-out/

I put this in General Wrestling Discussion, if it belongs in MMA or WWE news I apologize.

However, what does this mean for Big Dave? Hes 42 years old and still arguably a major draw in the wrestling industry. While he may still go after a career in MMA, he talks as if his MMA plans are on hold(and/or gone depending on how you interpret it) now that Strikeforce is gone and that he "had his heart set on Strikeforce". That leads to speculation that he may seek a return to Professional Wrestling(A mans gotta make a living right?). Question is; Would that return be WWE or TNA? While it seems ludicrous of the possibility Batista could be TNA bound, If the money is good I don't see why he wouldn't. The obvious pick would be WWE though, since it is the company that made him and is a given fact he'd be a major star if/when he returns.

So could Batista help TNA if he decided to return to Wrestling and chose them? Is he still a big enough draw for Wrestling as a whole and not just WWE? Or could he help WWE if he chose to make a return to that-company-that-isn't-exactly-wrestling? Maybe put some young guys over.

Well UFC wouldnt touch Batista, too old, too green so he has very limited options in the MMA world now!!! It seems Strike Force are no longer interested because of the ownership so...........looks likely a return to Pro Wrestling will eventually happen. TNA? Thats possible because they would allow him to work whenever he wanted and allow him to fight aswell. Would probably cross promote.

I'm a fan of Batista's. I think he's a quality performer who gets a bad deal from the IWC. Anyway, it was obvious that he won EVERYONE over with his final heel run. People thought he played the role perfectly. To me that's because it was more of an art imitating life role for Batista and it was a role I could totally believe him in. It's also the role I'd like to see him return in. Batista is someone the company could use at this moment in time. He's a credible main event talent who doesn't need to win all the time and can put together solid matches with most and cut excellent promos.

Batista could possibly help TNA if he went there, but it would be better for the organization if they push younger guys because they rely far too heavily on big names. He is a big name as far as wrestling goes and one of the bigger names in recent years, so he would draw wherever he goes at this point. Batista would be a bigger asset to WWE than TNA. If he returned there I'd like to see him possibly restart his epic feud with Cena, with Cena winning again, then he'd move on to put over younger guys such as Mason Ryan who is essentially the new Batista. He does not need to be on top anymore and I'd rather not get stuck with him as world champion again, hopefully he puts over new guys if he returns to WWE or goes to TNA.

Ugh Batista needs to stay his old botchy ass where ever he's at if he returns to either WWE or TNA that show will not be on my to watch list. I can't believe people actually want that fool back in the ring ugh:wtf:

I personally dont want to see him anywhere near TNA. TNA already has Rob Terry, we dont want or need another big man who cant wrestle. WWE can have him.

Batista is unquestionably a bigger draw than anyone in TNA, but I think the problem with him is that he is very much a product of the WWE machine. By that, I mean he didn't come from years of indy wrestling and a love of the business, but instead used his natural charisma and his physique to get over with the help of the WWE's excellent promotional facilities. I imagine that he would probably struggle without that support network, and would ultimately fail to return the investment in TNA. Some wrestlers are just better with the WWE's rigidity for various different reasons, as Hardy's failure to properly take off in TNA has shown, and I think Batista would be in this category, albeit for different reasons to Hardy. Batista left WWE under a bit of a cloud after he was taken out of a film in favour of Triple H as I recall, and I really think that both sides took everything they could out of that partnership. Batista could give someone a decent year I'm sure, and would add star power to wherever he went, but I can't see him returning to wrestling when neither viable option would see it as a golden opportunity. At his age, and with the increasing amount of injuries he was suffering towards the end of his run, I don't think he'll be seeking a return.

Batista is one of the one guys who won me over quite early due to his physique and him actually using it to his full advantage.Tbh I dont think he deserves the crap he gets from the IWC but thats my opinion.

A return to WWE?Maybe.It would be great to see him back.WWE could use him as a Top Heel/Face on Smackdown and have another Orton/Batista feud or have Batista feud with Alberto Del Rio.That wouldnt actually be that bad.But Batista has to be on SmackDown.

Debut in TNA?Could actually happen since in an interview he stated that he didnt like the way WWE was going and thats why he left.He could come in but I cant see him doing anything that could be beneficial to him.

Batista is TNA would be the first step in TNA doing what Kevin Nash said. Getting the big name, money draws. Batista would be HUGE for TNA.

Batista may still be follwing the acting thing before returning to the wrestling ring. Would WWE bring him back who knows? TNA doubtful since they have enough trouble finding the coffee kiosk as Bischoff showed on Impact the other evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back