Batista - One More Match?

Who should batista have one more match against?

• Sheamus

• ryback

• cm punk

• john cena

• randy orton

• the miz

• roman reigns

• dean ambrose

• alberto del rio

• dolph ziggler

• daniel bryan

• brock lesnar

• triple H

• RVD

• other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CmPunker

Pre-Show Stalwart
Anyways, last time we saw the Animal, Dave Bautiste was Over the Limit 2010. John Cena beat him 3 ppvs in a row, and then he quit. I personally do not blame him because john cena does not deserve to beat batista.. they turned batista heel, then fed him to cena, thus ruining all his momentum. i really do not blame batista.

Eventually, batista will come back to wwe though. there are 2 things that are stopping him.

1. wwe is PG - batista does not like where the product was going, but i know he has enough passion to get over it.
2. movie career - he is currently working on some movies right now, but i can totally see him returning when he is done with making movies.

when batista comes back, who should he have one more match against?

personally i think he should have one more match against sheamus to pass the torch. this is because sheamus is another powerhouse, very similar to batista. in addition, sheamus still needs his one big win. if u look at john cena and batista, they both had MORE than one big win. John cena big wins : JBL, triple h, shawn michaels, big show, the list goes on and on.

batista : HHH, Jbl, edge, randy orton, chris jericho, eddie guerrero, the list GOES ON AND ON AND ON.

sheamus needs MORE than just one big win. so far he beat : john cena, triple h, randy orton, kane.

back in 2008, their was a TON of star power, but right now there is not mcuh star power. this is basically wwe' s fault for failing to build new stars. its actually a very simple formula. u build up new stars BEFORE ur old stars retire, and then u use those newly built stars to build up even NEWER stars. repeat the process and u will have a success. but nooooooo!!!! instead of that, wwe just fed everything to john cena, instead of building new stars. now look at how many people left wrestling : Jbl (announcing, but retired from in -ring work), booker t (also retired, but still announcing), HBK, edge, batista, undertaker (only WM), HHH (part time, like only the top 4 ppvs?). if u ask me that is a lot of star power loss.

but they can make up for it, they can bring back their old stars and actually use them to put over the NEW STARS!!!! u know its never too alte, right?

so i think batista should pass the torch to sheamus, what do u guys think?

IF he comes back I don't think it will be for just ONE match, not at all. If he comes back it will be on a part-time basis, like maybe a TV only contract, one similar to RVD's contract.

In all honesty, I'd be open to a Batista return. When he turned heel in late 2009, he FINALLY became interesting for the first time in his career, and then he left just when he was starting to make some actual improvements in his career.

In all honesty, I'd be open to a Batista return. When he turned heel in late 2009, he FINALLY became interesting for the first time in his career, and then he left just when he was starting to make some actual improvements in his career.

in addition to that, he lost all his matches against john cena. 3 straight PPV losses.. what a waste of star power and talent, huh?

At least put over a younger star. dont the wwe realize that john cena is only one person and wont be around forever? u cant just build up ONE person and ignore the rest of the roster.. for gods sake, why didnt they use batista to put over somebody like sheamus before he left?

Based on your anger with Cena, the only logical opponent for Batista is Cena.

If you're only getting one match, it makes sense for WWE to make the most of it. It doesn't make sense for Batista to come back unless it is to avenge his losses to Cena.

And Batista has no torch to pass. Never had much of one to begin with.

But I appreciate you using some proper capitalization and less abbreviations. You're growing up kid.

Based on your anger with Cena, the only logical opponent for Batista is Cena.

If you're only getting one match, it makes sense for WWE to make the most of it. It doesn't make sense for Batista to come back unless it is to avenge his losses to Cena.

And Batista has no torch to pass. Never had much of one to begin with.

But I appreciate you using some proper capitalization and less abbreviations. You're growing up kid.

Yeah, but it was wrong for john cena to ruin batista's momentum like that, but u cant change the past. the only thing u can do is look forward to the future and build up new stars. having batista feud with cena is just going to be another overcoming the odds feud.. even if batista wins, it wont do much in the long term. and besides, even if batista wins, no body will get the last laugh against john cena, EVER. i was stupid enough to think that cm punk ended the feud with cena at survivor series, where punk pinned john cena. and then, about 5 months later, cena got his win back on the road to wrestlemania. so either way, nobody is free from the john cena curse. its best to keep cena away from batista.

batista does have a torch to pass. he was the 2nd face of the company, and he carried the smackdown brand by himself. thats how big of a draw he was. he was also super protected, just like sheamus is. they both had a very impressive win/loss ratio and both represent smackdown. i think it would be best if batista put over sheamus. it would draw cash and it would make sheamus more of a serious character.. i rlly dont like how he keeps on smiling and keeps on telling irish jokes about his family, which nobody even cares about in the 1st place. a feud with batista would bring his serious side.

Are you that kid that goes to RIT?

Yeah, but it was wrong for john cena to ruin batista's momentum like that, but u cant change the past.

Why would WWE give big wins (let alone title wins) to a guy leaving the company? There's no money to be made in guys that are not there.

the only thing u can do is look forward to the future and build up new stars. having batista feud with cena is just going to be another overcoming the odds feud..

Huh? Who is going to by Cena overcoming the odds? Like you said he beat Batista 3 times in a row. This would be a revenge scenario for Batista.

even if batista wins, it wont do much in the long term.

Batista won't win. Stop being silly. If you're only getting once match out of a guy it is strictly to entertain and make money. Especially when you're talking about a guy who never made it to the top (or at least for very long), like Batista.

and besides, even if batista wins, no body will get the last laugh against john cena, EVER. i was stupid enough to think that cm punk ended the feud with cena at survivor series, where punk pinned john cena. and then, about 5 months later, cena got his win back on the road to wrestlemania. so either way, nobody is free from the john cena curse. its best to keep cena away from batista.

batista does have a torch to pass. he was the 2nd face of the company, and he carried the smackdown brand by himself.

What did he carry the brand to?

thats how big of a draw he was. he was also super protected, just like sheamus is. they both had a very impressive win/loss ratio and both represent smackdown. i think it would be best if batista put over sheamus. it would draw cash and it would make sheamus more of a serious character.. i rlly dont like how he keeps on smiling and keeps on telling irish jokes about his family, which nobody even cares about in the 1st place. a feud with batista would bring his serious side.

I don't know if WWE wants to make Sheamus a more serious character. He's had some opportunities and they haven't stuck. He become somewhat of a curtain jerker and it may be the best place for him.

Remember, this is Batista you're talking about, not The Rock. You're not getting much of a rub from him from one match. Sorry, he may be your Hogan, or your Austin, or your Cena but he's just not one of those guys that would have that level of influence at this point in his career (and yes, you can blame some of that on his three consecutive losses to Cena).

Lesnar would probably another better one time match.

Are you that kid that goes to RIT?

Why would WWE give big wins (let alone title wins) to a guy leaving the company? There's no money to be made in guys that are not there.

Huh? Who is going to by Cena overcoming the odds? Like you said he beat Batista 3 times in a row. This would be a revenge scenario for Batista.

Batista won't win. Stop being silly. If you're only getting once match out of a guy it is strictly to entertain and make money. Especially when you're talking about a guy who never made it to the top (or at least for very long), like Batista.

What did he carry the brand to?

I don't know if WWE wants to make Sheamus a more serious character. He's had some opportunities and they haven't stuck. He become somewhat of a curtain jerker and it may be the best place for him.

Remember, this is Batista you're talking about, not The Rock. You're not getting much of a rub from him from one match. Sorry, he may be your Hogan, or your Austin, or your Cena but he's just not one of those guys that would have that level of influence at this point in his career (and yes, you can blame some of that on his three consecutive losses to Cena).

Lesnar would probably another better one time match.

lol, u could easily give a win over batista to another person not named john cena. this is why wwe does not know how to build new stars. cm punk right now is the only legitimate draw that they trust with the main event of a big PPV (not a B rated ppv).. i highly doubt they would trust sheamus, ryback, or del rio because they are too green and not built up enough.

it wouldnt be worth it because batista could better be used for putting people over..

do u not know of batista's drawing poewr? he was all by himself on smackdown. he only had rey mysterio and mark henry with him, which is pretty weak. all the star power was on raw during 2006-2007. he carried the brand and the ratings were pretty good. batista was even a better draw than john cena. u should go do some research man. when he had half of his title reign on raw, he drew huge ratings. even more than cena.

batista is better than u think he is. he is a fucking 6 time wwe champion and a main eventer. he even traded wins with undertaker a few times and he made edge look like a bitch. also i dont tihnk orton ever beat ihm, batista beat orton every single time they met. batista also beat HHH 3 ppvs in a row. batista is a MAJOR star and i dont know how u can deny that. i dont thik u even watched wwe back in 2005.

what would a feud with lesnar achieve? batista is somewhat injury prone so u dont want another dwayne because dwayne got injured by fucking JOHN CENA's stupid botchy ass.. lesnar is even rougher than john cena. he is fucking stiff and i think it would benefit long term if batista put over sheamus.

I for one really have no interest in seeing Batista come back. He is happy making movies,yes his MMA career died as quickly as it began,but movies he will succeed. What would the WWE gain by having Batista come back? Most fans really have no interest in batista coming back. He is not missed,adults dont miss him kids dont miss him. His Momentum what he had got killed by Cena.

Batista had it all,he chose to leave because he didnt like the direction the company was headed into. Make no mistake,batista doesnt love the business if he comes back this is strictly a money grab.

I have never ever been a fan of Batista not even a little bit, but I considered him a top tier talent during his time. GSB summed up pretty well that Batista was leaving the company when he lost consecutive matches to Cena. That is what happens in this business. When you leave you lose. That is pretty simple. On the other hand I can kinda of see where the OP is coming from when it comes to stars like Batista, Lesner, and so on putting over new talent. I understand Vince wants to make money, but I have said this before. These part time guys won't be around forever, and he needs to start creating the next batch of money makers. Batista and Cena would draw for sure, but wouldn't it benefit them more to let someone like Dolph Ziggler beat Batista. I know they want the money matches but those matches are going to run out if they don't start making more recognizable stars. As for my vote, I say Daniel Bryan. He tapped Orton out on Raw so why couldn't he do the same Batista do the same. I think Daniel Bryan needs as many huge wins as possible right now. When Hulk Hogan was coming up I bet no one saw him as a guy that would slam and beat Andre the Giant. Things like that need to happen from time to time to create new icons for Vince to milk money matches out of when they get older.

do u not know of batista's drawing poewr? he was all by himself on smackdown. he only had rey mysterio and mark henry with him, which is pretty weak. all the star power was on raw during 2006-2007. he carried the brand and the ratings were pretty good. batista was even a better draw than john cena. u should go do some research man. when he had half of his title reign on raw, he drew huge ratings. even more than cena.

Ratings dropped in 2006-7 first off. as far as rosters go in 06 SD had Taker, Kane, Benoit, JBL, booker just to name a few. 07 had taker, edge, kennedy, finlay, again just to name a few. And cena has been proven time and time again to be their biggest draw nowadays.

Ratings dropped in 2006-7 first off. as far as rosters go in 06 SD had Taker, Kane, Benoit, JBL, booker just to name a few. 07 had taker, edge, kennedy, finlay, again just to name a few. And cena has been proven time and time again to be their biggest draw nowadays.

yeah right, remember right before batista was injured? he was having a mini feud with MnM (johnny nitro and joey mercury) and then mark henry returned and took him out. they had to draft kurt angle for the vacant title because the star power was so lackluster.

yeah right, remember right before batista was injured? he was having a mini feud with MnM (johnny nitro and joey mercury) and then mark henry returned and took him out. they had to draft kurt angle for the vacant title because the star power was so lackluster.

I wasn't stating an opinion.... That was the roster, a cursory search proves that. The ratings did drop from cena's reign to Batista's for smackdown. Now if you don't consider undertaker, Kane, Edge, benoit, or JBL to be stars then in your mind you might have a point.

I cabt believe im the only 1 who voted for Lesnar.
2 beasts going at it for 3 straight ppv's would draw. But
I would wanna see it @ Mania XXX.

As odd as it may seem, I think that Batista should return to have a match with The Miz. Hey call me a mark, but I have not lost faith in Miz - he's just in the wrong position and having shitty decisions made for him. People actually felt that he could maintain his main event status after WrestleMania, I mean he was groomed to be in that position but for some odd reason they demoted him to midcarder - I'm pretty sure it was CM Punk's fault, but that's okay. Miz is a draw, he's charismatic and he does have that thing in him that makes people care and as an heel - he's easy to hate, specially to the smart fans.

The guy is WWE's Public Relations - he's the one that does all the media crap, that goes to every red-carpet event. He stars in movies, in fact I think that Marine 3 actually made money (I know, shocker...). And overall as a wrestler, there is not a single thing wrong with him except for the bad booking - Miz is not a guy that pushes other talent, he just isn't. Miz is way better than Fandango or Curtis Axel, and he's still pretty young.

I think that turning Miz an heel in the future is the right decision, and a feud with Batista would be great but there is no way it's going to happen, but like I said call me a mark. I would like to see them going at it after some remarks about Miz, much like the CM Punk vs. Lesnar one right now. Batista would destroy Miz in the build up, and it would lead to a sneaky victory for Miz at a PPV. But being more realistic (sorry for taking that long) I think that Batista would probably return to feud with CM Punk, Ryback or Daniel Bryan - they are the three guys that could use that feud, and since creative has faith in them , they are the most logical choice. Also I wouldn't mind seeing a Batista vs. Ziggler, oh well, you know since Ziggler's debut as DZ was against Batista and what not. It would be cool, i'm a fan of Batista's work and he would make some noise in the WWE.

Personally, I've no interest in seeing Batista wrestle again. I was never a huge fan of the guy and, in my opinion, the guy simply wasn't all that great. Take away the fact that he has a fantastic look, and you're left with little to nothing.

However, if Batista was to come back to WWE, which is something I think is possible if his movie career winds up taking off because Vince loves to ****e WWE out for any sort of mainstream exposure, then I'd rather see him up against CM Punk or Daniel Bryan. Batista has, reportedly, not had great things to say about either guy because of their look, which Batista seems to believe is FAR more important than anything else, so interacting with either of them in a feud could be a potentially entertaining story.

Punk prides himself on being "the best in the world" and it'd be a match of opposites. It could easily be booked as having Batista as the prototypical wet dream of what a WWE superstar should look like in the minds of guys like Big Johnny and Vince McMahon vs. someone who looks like a "normal" guy but with all the charisma & wrestling ability in the world whose been embraced by the fans.

In the case of Daniel Bryan, it could be a similar story as what we could see with Punk vs. Batista. Daniel Bryan is someone that doesn't have the sort of near superhuman physical look that a lot of top guys have had, though he's far more talented than the vast majority of them. WWE has also done a lot of good by putting Bryan in David vs. Goliath scenarios against guys like Big Show & Mark Henry. I see no reason why the same thing could work with Batista who, frankly, is a bigger star than either one of those guys. I think they're overall much more talented than Batista, but Batista is still the bigger star.

Guys like Punk & Bryan could, quite possibly, help carry Batista through what could quite probably be the best wrestling matches of his entire career that's packed with a lot of action and top notch storytelling.

While I am not desperate for a Batista return; I do believe that he could put on some ok matches.

I do like the idea of him having a match with Sheamus. I see the similarities, not least the HHH connection, and a street fight between the two could be entertaining. It would also be a good choice for Sheamus who is currently in limbo.

If Batista was to return he may well get a great reaction. If he is over as a face than they should pair him with a heel. There is a small window for him selling merchandise but not a great deal. It is difficult to predict how well received a potential Batista return. The Shield would be a good choice. Even if he was to team with Orton and HHH to face them it could be a great fit.

The problem for Batista is that a return for him won't be as high-scale as The Rock or Brock Lesnar. There is simply not the same appeal for Batista and he doesn't have the same drawing power.

I wasn't stating an opinion.... That was the roster, a cursory search proves that. The ratings did drop from cena's reign to Batista's for smackdown. Now if you don't consider undertaker, Kane, Edge, benoit, or JBL to be stars then in your mind you might have a point.

im pretty sure undertaker was taking a break and the rest were on fucking raw. why do u think they had to draft kurt angle there? not enough star pwoer

Personally, I've no interest in seeing Batista wrestle again. I was never a huge fan of the guy and, in my opinion, the guy simply wasn't all that great. Take away the fact that he has a fantastic look, and you're left with little to nothing.

However, if Batista was to come back to WWE, which is something I think is possible if his movie career winds up taking off because Vince loves to ****e WWE out for any sort of mainstream exposure, then I'd rather see him up against CM Punk or Daniel Bryan. Batista has, reportedly, not had great things to say about either guy because of their look, which Batista seems to believe is FAR more important than anything else, so interacting with either of them in a feud could be a potentially entertaining story.

Punk prides himself on being "the best in the world" and it'd be a match of opposites. It could easily be booked as having Batista as the prototypical wet dream of what a WWE superstar should look like in the minds of guys like Big Johnny and Vince McMahon vs. someone who looks like a "normal" guy but with all the charisma & wrestling ability in the world whose been embraced by the fans.

In the case of Daniel Bryan, it could be a similar story as what we could see with Punk vs. Batista. Daniel Bryan is someone that doesn't have the sort of near superhuman physical look that a lot of top guys have had, though he's far more talented than the vast majority of them. WWE has also done a lot of good by putting Bryan in David vs. Goliath scenarios against guys like Big Show & Mark Henry. I see no reason why the same thing could work with Batista who, frankly, is a bigger star than either one of those guys. I think they're overall much more talented than Batista, but Batista is still the bigger star.

Guys like Punk & Bryan could, quite possibly, help carry Batista through what could quite probably be the best wrestling matches of his entire career that's packed with a lot of action and top notch storytelling.

No Jackhammer, that would be a horrible horrible idea if batista were to feud with cm punk.. i am a cm punk fan, but at least i can admit his flaws. his physique and in rings skill are horrible. he simply would look like a joke in front of batista. his physique, is pretty bad. if darren young makes you look small, then there is a problem. he has no visible muscles except in his arms, its just a horrible physique, skinny and fat..
lets compare cm punk to other small people, like chris benoit, eddie guerrero, shawn michaels, rey mysterio, etc.. the difference between them is they all had MUSCLES AND DEFINITION (excluding rey mysterio).. in addition, they had good in ring skills to back up their physique e ven more, rey mysterio was fast as fuck.

but cm punk's in ring skills cannot back up his horrible physique. he doesnt move around that much cuz he is slow, he botches his gts often, and his finishers cant be hit out of nowhere (like HBK). he also doesnt execute his punches well because they look like shit. his kicks kind of look sloppy too, like compare it to daniel bryan, u will see a big difference..

also look at his diving elbow, its sloppy when u compare it to HBK.

I didn't vote for anyone, as I think Batista could come in to replace The Rock and do what The Rock has done - work with more than just one guy. Having seen guys like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Rob Van Dam and Triple H return on part-time schedules, I could see Batista doing the same, especially if The Rock does leave for Hollywood full time.

I don't mind this either. Batista was very popular before he left, was a six-time World Champion and enjoyed a lot of success in just seven years. Fans want him back, and when he does return (I am pretty sure of that), the fans will love every minute of it. There are so many he could work with, from the likes of Brock Lesnar and Triple H to smaller guys like Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. John Cena is an obvious choice, and mid-card to main-event stars could be in line.

Batista will be in the money matches for sure, but he is someone that could easily work a longer schedule than the other part timers, just to fit in feuds with lower card guys. WWE has yet another opportunity some time in the future, and they should capitalize.

I would LOVE to see a Summerslam match between Batista and Mason Ryan! It would be like Undertaker vs. Undertaker all over again. We could even build it by having Ryan in a series of squash matches week after week while the ghost of Leslie Neilson travels the country searching for the "Real Batista". This would be straight MONEY!

Reactions: TLC
I don't mind against who, but the moment he returns must be a destructive moment... Even to join an all star team, at the beginning (why not against, I know shitty idea, but the wyatt family?), to move on after... His character is an animal, a destructor, I think being back an clean up the ring, with bodies everywhere will make a hell of a momentum...

I don't mind against who, but the moment he returns must be a destructive moment... Even to join an all star team, at the beginning (why not against, I know shitty idea, but the wyatt family?), to move on after... His character is an animal, a destructor, I think being back an clean up the ring, with bodies everywhere will make a hell of a momentum...

i think it should be the shield AND the wyatt family. they should team up to have an unlikely alliance ,and then it will be 6 vs 1 against the returning batista. it will be a HUGE draw imo. have it main event over john cena. batista is a much more interesting person than cena anyways. he has a better look, more charisma, better draw, better mic skills, better wrestling, what moer can u ask for

Anyways, last time we saw the Animal, Dave Bautista was Over the Limit 2010. John Cena beat him 3 ppvs in a row, and then he quit. I personally do not blame him because john cena does not deserve to beat batista.. they turned batista heel, then fed him to cena, thus ruining all his momentum. i really do not blame batista.

You act as if he quit because he found out he was losing to Cena three PPVs in a row, then made the decision. That WASN'T the case. While, as a huge Cena mark, I still felt Batista should have won at WM 26 by nefarious means, thus giving Batista one win on his way out to extend the feud logically, it had nothing to do with it. And since they went with Jericho beating Edge with a belt shot, doing it in both major title matches would have been overkill. Batista was simply tired and wanted to explore MMA before he got too old.

And you actually sound like Batista. His pitch, as I highlighted, was that John Cena didn't deserve to be the face of the company, he did, but it was scripted. You sound like you think it was real. It wasn't, and Batista was even given an "out" by the way their Last Man Standing Match ended. Remember the duct tape?

I hope telling you this was fake wasn't like spoiling Santa for you. :shrug:

1. wwe is PG - batista does not like where the product was going, but i know he has enough passion to get over it.

How do you know that he has said passion does? He's downplayed the whole "I hate PG thing", rather stating that hes focusing on his outside business ventures, including his movies and his gym. And if he had the passion to get 'get over it', why did he quit, with no signs or reports of him returning?

2. movie career - he is currently working on some movies right now, but i can totally see him returning when he is done with making movies.

Because no wrestler does movies and still wrestles, right? Or, at least, there are no blockbuster movie stars that wrestled, right? Oh, wait, the Rock did that.....and was WWE Champion...and he's a much, much bigger star then Batista is or will ever be.

If Batista had such a passion, he would find a way.

personally i think he should have one more match against sheamus to pass the torch.
Again, another news flash: People bigger name-wise then Batista(like John Cena) have already given Sheamus a major rub by putting him over. Cena did it three times, twice for titles, once in a defense. HHH did it as well. Why does Sheamus, a three time World Champion, need a torch passed to him? He's won a Royal Rumble, been King Of The Ring, then won the World Title in a record 18 seconds. Most don't achieve that in a career, and Sheamus has been on the main roster since....2010.

Doesn't sound like a guy who needs a rub to me. Further why would Batista return just for one match to put over Sheamus? Batista isn't a big enough name to make his 'last match' one with Sheamus, and people still care.

but they can make up for it, they can bring back their old stars and actually use them to put over the NEW STARS!!!! u know its never too alte, right?
Or, they could use who they have on their roster to make new stars. Since Batista is simply an average wrestler and a below-average man on the mic, there are many guys on the roster who can help cultivate new stars, assuming they need it, which they don't.

so i think batista should pass the torch to sheamus, what do u guys think?
Batista isn't at a level where he could pass the torch to anyone, especially if he returned for one more match. I wouldn't mind his return if it was part-time, like Brock Lesnar with more dates, but I don't miss him, either.

If he were to return for one more match, the answer is either Mysterio or Undertaker. He had some of the best matches of his career against Undertaker, and his chemistry with Mysterio was excellent as well. Neither as a 'passing of the torch' match, but rather, as a final match to send him off, if he so desires. Which will be if the payday is right, because despite what you think, Batista wasn't that passionate about the business, and is at retirement age already at 44-45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back