Batista - One More Match?

Who should batista have one more match against?

• Sheamus

• ryback

• cm punk

• john cena

• randy orton

• the miz

• roman reigns

• dean ambrose

• alberto del rio

• dolph ziggler

• daniel bryan

• brock lesnar

• triple H

• RVD

• other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
You act as if he quit because he found out he was losing to Cena three PPVs in a row, then made the decision. That WASN'T the case. While, as a huge Cena mark, I still felt Batista should have won at WM 26 by nefarious means, thus giving Batista one win on his way out to extend the feud logically, it had nothing to do with it. And since they went with Jericho beating Edge with a belt shot, doing it in both major title matches would have been overkill. Batista was simply tired and wanted to explore MMA before he got too old.

And you actually sound like Batista. His pitch, as I highlighted, was that John Cena didn't deserve to be the face of the company, he did, but it was scripted. You sound like you think it was real. It wasn't, and Batista was even given an "out" by the way their Last Man Standing Match ended. Remember the duct tape?

I hope telling you this was fake wasn't like spoiling Santa for you. :shrug:

How do you know that he has said passion does? He's downplayed the whole "I hate PG thing", rather stating that hes focusing on his outside business ventures, including his movies and his gym. And if he had the passion to get 'get over it', why did he quit, with no signs or reports of him returning?

Because no wrestler does movies and still wrestles, right? Or, at least, there are no blockbuster movie stars that wrestled, right? Oh, wait, the Rock did that.....and was WWE Champion...and he's a much, much bigger star then Batista is or will ever be.

If Batista had such a passion, he would find a way.

Again, another news flash: People bigger name-wise then Batista(like John Cena) have already given Sheamus a major rub by putting him over. Cena did it three times, twice for titles, once in a defense. HHH did it as well. Why does Sheamus, a three time World Champion, need a torch passed to him? He's won a Royal Rumble, been King Of The Ring, then won the World Title in a record 18 seconds. Most don't achieve that in a career, and Sheamus has been on the main roster since....2010.

Doesn't sound like a guy who needs a rub to me. Further why would Batista return just for one match to put over Sheamus? Batista isn't a big enough name to make his 'last match' one with Sheamus, and people still care.

Or, they could use who they have on their roster to make new stars. Since Batista is simply an average wrestler and a below-average man on the mic, there are many guys on the roster who can help cultivate new stars, assuming they need it, which they don't.

Batista isn't at a level where he could pass the torch to anyone, especially if he returned for one more match. I wouldn't mind his return if it was part-time, like Brock Lesnar with more dates, but I don't miss him, either.

If he were to return for one more match, the answer is either Mysterio or Undertaker. He had some of the best matches of his career against Undertaker, and his chemistry with Mysterio was excellent as well. Neither as a 'passing of the torch' match, but rather, as a final match to send him off, if he so desires. Which will be if the payday is right, because despite what you think, Batista wasn't that passionate about the business, and is at retirement age already at 44-45.

Come on now. a feud with undertaker or rey mysterio would accomplish nothing except short term buyrates. you gotta look in the long term man. sheamus is a star, but i highly doubt he can draw if he were to be in the main event of wrestlemania. i would say cm punk and john cena are the only full time stars they trust in the main event. they need to put sheamus to a whole new level so that the wwe will have another person to trust with the main event. like it or not, batista is a huge star. he was the 2nd face of the company and he defated HHH 3 ppvs in a row. and yes, they could use their current roster to put over new stars, but they choose not to. triple h, undertaker, and brock lesnar are the only people who can elevate someone to a whole new level. the current roster : randy orton, john cena, ryback, sheamus, del rio, punk, they are all good, but they cannot elevate someone to a huge star. hhh was the one who made batista into a huge star.

look at what the wwe is doing. they are not intending to build new stars.. idk why, but the wwe creative team is so stupid. tell me any new stars they have faith in to put in the main event of wrestlemania.. only cm punk. sheamus, del rio, ryback, and daniel bryan and randy orton are all good, but not good enough to be in main event of wrestlemania. because wwe does not make them defeat the part timers (lesnar, hhh, undertaker).

I think it should be mason ryan once he is brought back up to the main roster. Build him up for a few months have him say he has beaten all wwe has to offer exept obviously cena they won't let cena lose to him and then have batista come in and say he is back only because mason ryan is making himself out to be batista version 2 and batista faces him at a ppv wins and proves mason ryan is no batista.

From what I remember on that MMA show that used to come on after Impact, Batista talked about wanting to have a match with Lesnar, if he ever came back to WWE. I didn't really follow Batista's MMA tenure, but I could picture WWE playing up the two legit fighters/superstars going against each other.

While you can make the argument for Batista VS Lesnar being a Wrestlemania main event worthy match, I honestly can't imagine this match up working out in real life. Brock works a limited schedule with sporadic appearances, and Batista's movie career is picking up. The build for Rock VS Cena II suffered, because of Rock's absences, but at least you could say one guy was there on a consistent basis. I don't see how you could say the same thing about a Brock VS Batista build.

I would go with Sheamus, because unlike Cena or Punk, Sheamus never really had that match or feud against another megastar. And well, Batista is the best you're going to get right now (assuming nothing ever happens with Lesnar in the future). If WWE tones down the goofy comedic bullshit with Sheamus' character, he can be a worthy candidate for a high profiled match with Batista. Sheamus could use a strong push, because constantly dominating Sandow, Rhodes, and anyone else in the mid-card isn't going to do anything for him.

I would like to see Batista come back for a part time schedule. There are a ton of guys currently on the roster who could currently have a good feud with the Animal.

Everybody talks about how Batista was fed to Cena. Everybody also talks about how full time prospects losing to part time legends hurts the industry. The simple solution might just be to make sure that Batista's last match is also his opponent's last match.

There are lots of potential opponents for Batista that are also reaching the end of their sports entertainment careers:

Mark Henry might close out his career with his current program against Cena, but he might last long enough to have a match with Batista after.

I had always hoped that Kane's last match would be against Undertaker. However, by the time Kane makes his exit, that might not be doable for the Undertaker. Batista vs. Kane has the potential to be a good match, because Kane still performs at an EXTREMELY high level for someone who is 46.

The Big Show can't have much left in the tank, and would make a great opponent for Batista if both men put the effort into making it a good match. I'm not sure if Batista has the strength he used to, but I bet the crowd would pop pretty good if he were to put any kind of convincing slam on Paul Wight.

Rob Van Dam is a long shot. I'd typically like to see Batista face an opponent who is as physically imposing as he is, but I think if they both put the effort in, the clash of styles could work. Rob Van Dam had a couple damn good matches with Brock Lesnar who was much bigger and more powerful than Van Dam. Although, this was when both men were in their prime.

If the WWE wanted to use him to put over younger talents, there are lots of options there too:
I agree with the people who said Sheamus doesn't need a win against Batista to put him over. Sheamus has already accomplished enough to make the win over Batista kind of pointless

Ryback is a powerhouse in terrible need of some credibility right now. I know he's likely to win over Jericho at Money in the Bank, but Jericho's jobbing to everybody right now. I think a PPV win against a very over (most guys who return are automatically over, so I assume the same for Batista) powerhouse is exactly what Ryback needs to re-establish himself as a formidable threat. Or they could even bond over the fact that they both got fed to Cena in similar fashion.

As a few people said, Mason Ryan works for obvious reasons. I think Big E Langston would also be an interesting choice. Neither of these guys are ready though.

I have to mention Antonio Cesaro here, because I am a biased fanboy who really wants to see that match. Beating Batista certainly wouldn't be boring and would get the WWE Universe to stand up and take notice of one of the company's most talented wrestlers.

If Batista's theoretical match were to take place at some point in 2014, having Roman Reigns beat Batista at an event like Survivor Series would be huge for Reigns's solo career, and could elevate him to the Main event level.

Then there are some established guys that could have a good match against Batista:
I could be wrong, but I don't think Randy Orton ever beat Batista. A clean win over the Animal could get the Viper back into the Main Event scene and provide the big heel turn everybody's been waiting for. The two were very linked throughout their careers from Ohio Valley to Evolution, so there's lots of good background there.

I like the idea of Brock Lesnar going against Batista because of their forays into MMA, and it was a match I had always wanted to see. Sadly, Batista may be too fragile to work with Brock at this point, but it really is a match I'd love to see. I think it's also a pretty good match because WWE could book it so either guy could win, and people wouldn't necessarily know the outcome before watching the PPV.

I would like to see Batista come back for a part time schedule. There are a ton of guys currently on the roster who could currently have a good feud with the Animal.

Everybody talks about how Batista was fed to Cena. Everybody also talks about how full time prospects losing to part time legends hurts the industry. The simple solution might just be to make sure that Batista's last match is also his opponent's last match.

There are lots of potential opponents for Batista that are also reaching the end of their sports entertainment careers:

Mark Henry might close out his career with his current program against Cena, but he might last long enough to have a match with Batista after.

I had always hoped that Kane's last match would be against Undertaker. However, by the time Kane makes his exit, that might not be doable for the Undertaker. Batista vs. Kane has the potential to be a good match, because Kane still performs at an EXTREMELY high level for someone who is 46.

The Big Show can't have much left in the tank, and would make a great opponent for Batista if both men put the effort into making it a good match. I'm not sure if Batista has the strength he used to, but I bet the crowd would pop pretty good if he were to put any kind of convincing slam on Paul Wight.

Rob Van Dam is a long shot. I'd typically like to see Batista face an opponent who is as physically imposing as he is, but I think if they both put the effort in, the clash of styles could work. Rob Van Dam had a couple damn good matches with Brock Lesnar who was much bigger and more powerful than Van Dam. Although, this was when both men were in their prime.

If the WWE wanted to use him to put over younger talents, there are lots of options there too:
I agree with the people who said Sheamus doesn't need a win against Batista to put him over. Sheamus has already accomplished enough to make the win over Batista kind of pointless

Ryback is a powerhouse in terrible need of some credibility right now. I know he's likely to win over Jericho at Money in the Bank, but Jericho's jobbing to everybody right now. I think a PPV win against a very over (most guys who return are automatically over, so I assume the same for Batista) powerhouse is exactly what Ryback needs to re-establish himself as a formidable threat. Or they could even bond over the fact that they both got fed to Cena in similar fashion.

As a few people said, Mason Ryan works for obvious reasons. I think Big E Langston would also be an interesting choice. Neither of these guys are ready though.

I have to mention Antonio Cesaro here, because I am a biased fanboy who really wants to see that match. Beating Batista certainly wouldn't be boring and would get the WWE Universe to stand up and take notice of one of the company's most talented wrestlers.

If Batista's theoretical match were to take place at some point in 2014, having Roman Reigns beat Batista at an event like Survivor Series would be huge for Reigns's solo career, and could elevate him to the Main event level.

Then there are some established guys that could have a good match against Batista:
I could be wrong, but I don't think Randy Orton ever beat Batista. A clean win over the Animal could get the Viper back into the Main Event scene and provide the big heel turn everybody's been waiting for. The two were very linked throughout their careers from Ohio Valley to Evolution, so there's lots of good background there.

I like the idea of Brock Lesnar going against Batista because of their forays into MMA, and it was a match I had always wanted to see. Sadly, Batista may be too fragile to work with Brock at this point, but it really is a match I'd love to see. I think it's also a pretty good match because WWE could book it so either guy could win, and people wouldn't necessarily know the outcome before watching the PPV.

Sheamus still needs to be put over. he is a star, but he is not at that level where wwe has faith in putting him in the main event of wrestlemania. to get to that level, he needs to beat another mega star in a memorable feud. that memorable feud would be batista

Come on now. a feud with undertaker or rey mysterio would accomplish nothing except short term buyrates.

Normally, I'm a mirthful fellow, but here, all business, I assure you. ;) If he were going to do one more match, why not have it be against men that people would care to see him face? A rematch with Undertaker, with whom he had his best series of matches, or Mysterio, with whom he also had some pretty good matches. Like you said, they may help buyrates, which is first and foremost what a company is about.

I'm sure he and Sheamus would have a fine match. But you grossly overestimate Batista's drawing power, or ability to give a true rub.

you gotta look in the long term man. Sheamus is a star.

1. If he were a star, why would he need Dave Bautista to put him over? Again, you're over-estimating Batista's ability to provide a rub.
2. Sheamus is 35. He's hardly the 'future' of this company.

but i highly doubt he can draw if he were to be in the main event of wrestlemania.

Neither did Batista after his one-time deal with HHH at Wrestlemania 21, over eight years ago. And Sheamus? He never will. He wrestled HHH at Wrestlemania, and that was in the middle of the card. HHH is a much bigger star then Batista ever was, could have been, or will be, yet he and Sheamus wound up in the middle of the card.

Batista isn't the Rock. His return, if it happens, isn't going to draw mainstream coverage or even put someone over in a major way. Who did Batista EVER put over in a major way that it pointed the trajectory of their career skyward?

I would say cm punk and john cena are the only full time stars they trust in the main event. they need to put sheamus to a whole new level so that the wwe will have another person to trust with the main event.

Except Sheamus, as much as I like him, will never be that guy, unless it's an off-brand PPV against a major star. They used John Cena to give him multiple rubs, yet here he is, years later, floating around like he did before he won the Royal Rumble in 2012.

If Cena didn't provide that rub, how could Batista?

Like it or not, batista is a huge star. he was the 2nd face of the company and he defated HHH 3 ppvs in a row.
I don't like or dislike it, the statement is simply untrue. And I was around(I'm 30), so I'm quite aware he defeated HHH at Wrestlemania 21, Backlash 2005, and Vengeance 2005. But what of significance did he do after his injury in early 2006 that screamed "major star?"

and yes, they could use their current roster to put over new stars, but they choose not to. triple h, undertaker, and brock lesnar are the only people who can elevate someone to a whole new level. the current roster : randy orton, john cena, ryback, sheamus, del rio, punk, they are all good, but they cannot elevate someone to a huge star.
Yeah, the face of the modern era is unable to help make new stars...:rolleyes :Are you serious? Why do you think Punk is a major star the way he is? Why do you think Edge is a Hall of Famer? Why do you think Randy Orton was elevated into a place to become a nine-time champion?

Because of John Cena. All became full-time main event stars...because of John Cena, which means he put them over. You don't need to lose a feud to put someone over, you realize this, yes?

HHH was the one who made batista into a huge star.
Batista made Batista into, at the time, a star. HHH provided a huge rub, but it was Batista who go over to the point of being ready. However, he he couldn't stay healthy and wound up with illustrious Wrestlemania matches against major stars like Umaga. :rolleyes:

look at what the wwe is doing. they are not intending to build new stars.. idk why, but the wwe creative team is so stupid.
Daniel Bryan and The Shield, all four of them newer stars, are men they've built within the past couple years, just to name 4. So the tag champs, U.S. Champ, I.C. Champ, World Champion and Divas Champion have all been on the main roster for less then 3 years, but there's obviously no intent on building new stars....right.

Look, Batista was in Evolution for years before he broke off and main-evented Wrestemania 21, and even that was a one-off before injuries and the fact that he wasn't a major headliner set in quick.

tell me any new stars they have faith in to put in the main event of wrestlemania..
Why do "new stars" need to be main-eventing their biggest PPV of the year when they have established ones, part or full-time, who can do so and provide much more credibility and revenue?

[Q[/QUOTE] only cm punk. sheamus, del rio, ryback, and daniel bryan and randy orton are all good, but not good enough to be in main event of wrestlemania. because wwe does not make them defeat the part timers (lesnar, hhh, undertaker).[/QUOTE]

Why would you put new stars in the main event of Wrestlemania when you have established ones already there? Even if Batista were to return, which I doubt, he would be an upper-middle card guy, like he was during his full-time schedule. Little different then what Chris Jericho/RVD are/will be, no doubt.

The other part-timers you refer to, the HHH's, Undertaker's, and so on were main eventers when they worked full-time. Batista, for the most part, was not.

I voted for Bryan as I like the idea of angle where Batista swaggers back in with the same heel character as when he left, talking about taking back his spot from the vanilla midgets, leading to a feud with Bryan.

Normally, I'm a mirthful fellow, but here, all business, I assure you. ;) If he were going to do one more match, why not have it be against men that people would care to see him face? A rematch with Undertaker, with whom he had his best series of matches, or Mysterio, with whom he also had some pretty good matches. Like you said, they may help buyrates, which is first and foremost what a company is about.

I'm sure he and Sheamus would have a fine match. But you grossly overestimate Batista's drawing power, or ability to give a true rub.

1. If he were a star, why would he need Dave Bautista to put him over? Again, you're over-estimating Batista's ability to provide a rub.
2. Sheamus is 35. He's hardly the 'future' of this company.

Neither did Batista after his one-time deal with HHH at Wrestlemania 21, over eight years ago. And Sheamus? He never will. He wrestled HHH at Wrestlemania, and that was in the middle of the card. HHH is a much bigger star then Batista ever was, could have been, or will be, yet he and Sheamus wound up in the middle of the card.

Batista isn't the Rock. His return, if it happens, isn't going to draw mainstream coverage or even put someone over in a major way. Who did Batista EVER put over in a major way that it pointed the trajectory of their career skyward?

Except Sheamus, as much as I like him, will never be that guy, unless it's an off-brand PPV against a major star. They used John Cena to give him multiple rubs, yet here he is, years later, floating around like he did before he won the Royal Rumble in 2012.

If Cena didn't provide that rub, how could Batista?

I don't like or dislike it, the statement is simply untrue. And I was around(I'm 30), so I'm quite aware he defeated HHH at Wrestlemania 21, Backlash 2005, and Vengeance 2005. But what of significance did he do after his injury in early 2006 that screamed "major star?"

Yeah, the face of the modern era is unable to help make new stars...:rolleyes :Are you serious? Why do you think Punk is a major star the way he is? Why do you think Edge is a Hall of Famer? Why do you think Randy Orton was elevated into a place to become a nine-time champion?

Because of John Cena. All became full-time main event stars...because of John Cena, which means he put them over. You don't need to lose a feud to put someone over, you realize this, yes?

Batista made Batista into, at the time, a star. HHH provided a huge rub, but it was Batista who go over to the point of being ready. However, he he couldn't stay healthy and wound up with illustrious Wrestlemania matches against major stars like Umaga. :rolleyes:

Daniel Bryan and The Shield, all four of them newer stars, are men they've built within the past couple years, just to name 4. So the tag champs, U.S. Champ, I.C. Champ, World Champion and Divas Champion have all been on the main roster for less then 3 years, but there's obviously no intent on building new stars....right.

Look, Batista was in Evolution for years before he broke off and main-evented Wrestemania 21, and even that was a one-off before injuries and the fact that he wasn't a major headliner set in quick.

Why do "new stars" need to be main-eventing their biggest PPV of the year when they have established ones, part or full-time, who can do so and provide much more credibility and revenue?

[Q
only cm punk. sheamus, del rio, ryback, and daniel bryan and randy orton are all good, but not good enough to be in main event of wrestlemania. because wwe does not make them defeat the part timers (lesnar, hhh, undertaker).[/QUOTE]

Why would you put new stars in the main event of Wrestlemania when you have established ones already there? Even if Batista were to return, which I doubt, he would be an upper-middle card guy, like he was during his full-time schedule. Little different then what Chris Jericho/RVD are/will be, no doubt.

The other part-timers you refer to, the HHH's, Undertaker's, and so on were main eventers when they worked full-time. Batista, for the most part, was not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now they are building new stars because they are forced to. but what about back in 2009? u cant deny the fact that if they used the likes of edge, batista, undertaker, and triple h to put over people in 2009 it would make a huge difference. today's roster lacks the star power from 2009 and thats because everybody retired (HBK, edge, batista, undertaker part time, hhh part time) and they cant put over new stars anymore.

also, john cena may have put over people, but he also tarnished peoples momentum. but he has also been fed everything and ruined peoples momentum. people turned heel just to feud with this guy for gods sake. what a spoiled brat. they turned ryback heel and fed him to cena, then they gave umaga's undefeated streak and allowed cena to beat him. then the great khali, he defeated undertaker clean, only to be beaten by cena 3 times in a row. couldnt they have used these monsters to put over someone else? john cna is already established, why would u feed him everything and ruin peoples momentum? batista jobbed to cena 3 ppvs in a row for gods sake. couldnt they use batista to put over some new star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back