Batista deserves a high five

Sasori

Pope of Dope
Bra-fucking-vo.

FOr the first time in his sloppy, boring, and unproductive career Batista has made me react to him. His program with Cena is awesome IMO. It takes me back years when I used to cheer only for babyfaces. Believe me, I'm no Cena fan, but the way Batista is playing his role as a monster heel perfectly. I feel like I'm not a part of the IWC, it's like I'm watching wrestling for the first time and god Batista is a damn good monster heel. I always thought a monster babyface was a stupid idea.

All in all major props to Batista for making me hate him even more! :)

Anyone else feel Batista has done a superb job being a monster heel?

Batista as a heel has been FAAAAAAAAR more interesting with this Cena feud than he was while he was a face in my mind. I said it before, Cena/Batista is the match I'm most excited about, and my five favorites of all time are all on the card in matches (HBK, Taker, Edge, Jericho, and Hart), so that's saying a lot. I'm not really a fan of Cena nor Batista, but this feud has been very, very good IMO.

It seems like it's another example of the WWE letting someone be themselves and it working. Batista has a reputation for being an asshole who cares more about the glitz and glamor of his job rather than the job itself, and that's what he's doing here. Dwayne Johnson is the Rock. Steve Austin is Stone Cold. Michael Hickenbottom (lol) is Shawn Michaels. Etcetera. John Cena is being John Cena and Dave Bautista is being Dave Batista, and it's working like a charm. They should really learn from this and just let Morrison, Kofi, Shelton, and others that might be struggling just be themselves.

But yeah, Batista's doing great right now.

I can't agree more. Batista has just been spot on in this feud as a heel. He works incredibly well as a monster heel. I kinda wish now that they didn't do the SummerSlam match and waited til now because now its just a lot bigger, at WM, WWE Title on the line, and it didn't even begin over a Title which is sorta rare nowadays. I'm not a huge Batista fan but I'm a fan of heel Batista, I don't mind Cena and think he's done well during this feud as well. It may not be the best match at WM but I'll be honest I'm looking forward to it considering how great the feud has been this far.

Why hate him more? And how is he unproductive?

Well you see, I as a wrestling fan, AM SUPPOSED TO HATE HIM. That is the point of the heel, bud. Now I'm no Cena mark, and Batista has done something all time great heels such as Edge, has not been able to do. And that is, make me cheer for Cena, and for some reason I just wanna cheer for Cena. That is why I like Batista as a heel, because he is doing his job right.

And I think he is unproductive well, I dont wanna start with this, you as a major Batista fan should know. His in-ring work is sloppy, never been really that great on the mic, or anything really. But as a heel it seems natural.

Everything about Batista's build, character, nickname, background and brutality wrestling style needs him to be a heel, the brutality of his wrestling, the whole "the animal" and the fact that he basically build his career in a heel faction, simply makes it so that Batista is in his right element when he's a heel.
I must say, I'm enjoying Batista's current work a lot more than I did with his face stuff, and I won't say he makes me wanna cheer for Cena, not much can do that, but I must say if I wasn't knowledged about the fact that it was a gimmick and a role he was playing (I didn't do that when I started watching wrestling, which was like a year ago) I would most definitely have hated him in the "hate him cause he's the bad guy" way.

He's only been in the business itself 10 years, never mind how long he's been THE TOP GUY. So, that ridiculous part aside...

Yeah, he must be doing something right, because for the first time ever, I'm actually interested in a Batista match. Much like the topic starter, I'm no Cena fan, and can just about watch him until he starts shouting, but this has all been done right. Cena, who's pushed as WWE's Superman, has had NOTHING on Batista the past month or so. Everytime they face off, Batista kicks the shit out of him, or else does something cheap and pisses off before Cena can get him.

It's a traditional, old school, good guy vs bad guy fued and it's working very well.

FINALLY BATISTA IS A HEEL. Ive been real big on Batista since he debuted in WWE as Deacon Batista. Ive had a this exact vision of him for years. Being this big bad ass heel exactly how he is now. WWE shud have BEEENNN did this to his character. The Real Batista is far from a kid friendly rey mysterio protecting corny ass pushover. And he certainly never hugged any "FAT gurls" lmao....Keep it up Batista, you are wunce again my favorite wrestler! lolz

I can only hope my husband hits his stride like Batista is doing now when my hubby is batista's age!! :p If that's true, then I will certainly let him pierce his nose or whatever at 40's and get all tatted like an extra on LA Ink. :lmao: Besides, I can't wait to see how much better it gets from here. I'm totally eating up every second of what Batista is throwing to the WWE Universe.

I think someone's being a little biased... I'm a big Batista fan. I love that he's given muscle-bound meat heads something to work for by actually slapping on a personality for a change, but I think you might be a little blinded by the spotlight there friend. He started off like any other meat head...it wasn't until Ric Flair and Triple H thrust some of their legendary wisdom upon him that he learned how to work a mic or build a personality to speak of.

I'm not enjoying WWE too much right now except for the Orton feud, only because Orton is in it, and Batista. Not his feud with Cena but his new character. The only thing I dislike about him now is that he still plays the cowardly heel when I think being a heel who is articulate, brutal, and sadistic is far more interesting. I hate this old notion in wrestling that "good" should beat all opposition. Batista is stronger and moves around the ring better than Cena yet Cena will almost certainly win at WM because he's the "good" guy. I think if Batista keeps up his new character he should have a nice, long title reign but I doubt he will have it after Wrestlemania.

I am shocked. I have never thought highly of Batista. As a matter of fact, I thought he was this generations Ultimate Warrior. He's not a very good wrestler. He lacks the intensity and fire that a man of his size and physique needs to get over (but somehow, he is over anyhow). Before this angle, I used to cringe when he would get on the mic. He just sounded like a meathead, fumbling over his words, and having zero acting ability. It's hard for me to explain how much I did not like Batista.

But so far, he has CARRIED Cena in this storyline. Cena hasn't been as terrible as I usually think, but Batista is far and away doing the heavy lifting so far. Basically, all Cena has to do is stand there and he is the clear babyface in this. Batista is being the monster heel he should have been all along. The things he says in his promos (kissing babies, hugging fat girls) reminds me of the old-school heels like Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude (no, he is not on their level, so don't start bashing me). To tell you the truth, I am not sure he could play it any better than he has over the last 1-2 months.

The only thing that worries me is their actual match. Can this match be any good? When I think about Cena and Batista, I think about two of the worst main event, in-ring competitors WWE has had since Hogan and Warrior. I just have zero confidence that these two can put on a show-stealing type match, that will probably close Mania.

But even with that being said, the build-up has been great. And nearly all of the credit goes to Batista. He has really stepped up, and improved in every area regarding his mic skills. I used to think even less of Batista than I did Cena. I used to think that at least Cena was trying, which was more than I could say for Batista. But lately, he has done a 180. I hate to say it, but I am kind of marking out for Batista in this heel role he is playing. But, all good things come to an end, as I'm sure this will after Mania.

I am shocked. I have never thought highly of Batista. As a matter of fact, I thought he was this generations Ultimate Warrior. He's not a very good wrestler. He lacks the intensity and fire that a man of his size and physique needs to get over (but somehow, he is over anyhow). Before this angle, I used to cringe when he would get on the mic. He just sounded like a meathead, fumbling over his words, and having zero acting ability. It's hard for me to explain how much I did not like Batista.

But so far, he has CARRIED Cena in this storyline. Cena hasn't been as terrible as I usually think, but Batista is far and away doing the heavy lifting so far. Basically, all Cena has to do is stand there and he is the clear babyface in this. Batista is being the monster heel he should have been all along. The things he says in his promos (kissing babies, hugging fat girls) reminds me of the old-school heels like Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude (no, he is not on their level, so don't start bashing me). To tell you the truth, I am not sure he could play it any better than he has over the last 1-2 months.

The only thing that worries me is their actual match. Can this match be any good? When I think about Cena and Batista, I think about two of the worst main event, in-ring competitors WWE has had since Hogan and Warrior. I just have zero confidence that these two can put on a show-stealing type match, that will probably close Mania.

But even with that being said, the build-up has been great. And nearly all of the credit goes to Batista. He has really stepped up, and improved in every area regarding his mic skills. I used to think even less of Batista than I did Cena. I used to think that at least Cena was trying, which was more than I could say for Batista. But lately, he has done a 180. I hate to say it, but I am kind of marking out for Batista in this heel role he is playing. But, all good things come to an end, as I'm sure this will after Mania.

Batista and Cena have not been two of the worst and it's ridiculous to think so. Even though Batista has been great as a heel, the credit does not go all to him. Cena does his part as a babyface by getting beat up by the heel and now the crowd thinks Cena has no chance to win. That is how the formula works. The bad guy beats up on the good guy and good prevails over evil in the end and that is exactly how it should end. Cena and Batista put on the best match of Summerslam when they were both face so I think they would put on a better match now that Batista is the heel.

Batista doesn't have to say much to get his point across which is great for a monster heel nowadays. Your Punks and Jerichos have to talk on the mic a lot because they are not as intimidating in the ring but Batista is so he doesn't need to talk. I wonder why they didn't pull the trigger earlier so they could have had a heel Batista and face HHH feud.

Batista and Cena have not been two of the worst and it's ridiculous to think so. Even though Batista has been great as a heel, the credit does not go all to him. Cena does his part as a babyface by getting beat up by the heel and now the crowd thinks Cena has no chance to win. That is how the formula works. The bad guy beats up on the good guy and good prevails over evil in the end and that is exactly how it should end. Cena and Batista put on the best match of Summerslam when they were both face so I think they would put on a better match now that Batista is the heel.

Batista doesn't have to say much to get his point across which is great for a monster heel nowadays. Your Punks and Jerichos have to talk on the mic a lot because they are not as intimidating in the ring but Batista is so he doesn't need to talk. I wonder why they didn't pull the trigger earlier so they could have had a heel Batista and face HHH feud.

In the ring, I absolutely believe they have been two of the worst. When you look down the line at WWF/E champions after Hogan at Mania 9, who has been worse (in the ring, not all together)? With the exception of Vince McMahon and Sheamus, I think they are it. I understand you don't agree, but it's my point of view. I am not saying they are not huge superstars, they absolutely are. I am saying I don't find them to be particularly talented and/or entertaining, and I am entitled to my own opinion. And as for their match at Summerslam, I will admit, it wasn't AS bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was NOT the best match on the card. Did you happen to forget the Edge/Taker HIAC match?

And yes, I understand that the good guy gets his ass kicked, making him an underdog, someone you feel sorry for. Then the face pulls out the big win at Mania, and everyone goes home happy. I don't have an issue with that at all. For storyline purposes, Cena should most definitely win this match. But that doesn't mean I think it's going to be a great match.

Yes, I must agree, Batista is doing a fantastic job being a heel. I suppose the fact that I never really liked his character in the first place is making him go over that much more as a heel, but I am glad that he is finally making me want to see him go. I have a feeling his match with Cena is going to be one that we will be talking about after Wrestlemania.

I agree. I find myself wanting to see this match. And i think i agree with everyone on this thread that i am not a CENA mark, but WWE (maybe not on purpose) has always done a good job of having Batista get the upper hand on Cena, i stated in a previous thread that Cena has never gotten the upper hand on Batista. Batista defeats Cena to win the Royal rumble, breaks his neck, and now weeks and weeks of Batista getting to Cena. So i think Batista has played his heel very well, though i do think it is just him being him. All in all, im looking forward to the match, and i dont think it is going to be a stinker, but maybe i'm wrong.

Back when they had there Summerslam bout i didn't even watch it. I had no interest and was actually pretty happy to hear that Cena was gonna be put on the shelf. Now this angle with Batista being this monster heel and Super Cena not looking so super, I'm actually interested. Takes me back to when I 1st got into pro wrestling. Bravo Batista for temporarily de-Smarking a fan. I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania 26! :)

I have to say that Batista is the worst wrestler in this buisness. Look at what happened on Raw, the dumass bled because he got overzealous. I just felt a little bad that it was going to be a squash against Kofi, and that guy literally GAVE him the victory. If this was Orton or some other verteran they'd be laughing their ass off and demand a victory due to this ridiculous behaviour.

Back to the point, I dislike Batista in every way. Even as a heel, he's not that great. Why? Because he's just like every other heel. He has no special thing. I mean you could go back to Attitude, you will not find a Randy Orton tweener (Many compare him w/ Stone Cold but that's another matter). You won't find a Cena either (Yes, we have Hulk but that guy was seriously and utterly "American"). Whereas Cena is a rapper superman, and can turn it around into either should he be ordered to do so (I liked Cena at first because there wasn't anyone like him). You won't find a HHH, you won't find a Orton, but you WILL find a Batista. He was pretty much everyone who was a heel. Talking trash, screwing faces and in general was this cocky and selfish guy. That's Batista for you.

Yes, I cannot agree more Batistas job as a monster heel has been awesome. About time to, like others said there just cant be a monster babyface, it just doesnt work. It is always easier for the babyface to be fighting the odds, that is why it is so easy to put Rey Mysterio in a fued with a heel cause you always want to cheer for the little guy. On a side note i think this Wrestlemania is shaping up to be the best in a very, very long time. The card is just fantastic.

Batista has been great since his heel turn. I LOVE the fact that he mocked Kanye West and I'm digging the way his character is basically a contestant from Tool Academy. I'm glad he's allowed to show a little personality. I wouldn't be mad if he kept the WWE title for a few months and had a solid reign. This version of Heel Batista really entertains me.

Batista is way better as a heel then a face. He acts more natural as a heel, his promos are actually really good now. I like his character now. He has that "cocky, better then everybody else", regular heel gimmick. But he also show week after week, that he can back up all this trashtalk, and he's such a powerhouse it makes it much more believable.

I definitely agree that Batista is doing a great job in his current role as well as in this feud. This is the most interesting his character has ever been in my opinion, and that's including when he was feuding with Trips 5 years ago. He should have turned heel sooner because the monster heel role fits him so much better, as we are seeing now on Raw. His face run got so boring and made his character stale.... but not anymore. Out of all the Wrestlemania feuds this year, I'm currently most interested in Batista and Cena's. Batista is playing his role quite well and getting fans to legitimately hate him, well done Batista! I often root for heels, but with the way Batista's character has been acting lately, I would root for the face in this feud regardless of who it was.... well, unless if it was someone really annoying, but I'm a Cena mark so that makes this angle all the better for me! So.... yeah, Batista HAS done a great job so far of being a monster heel because he's getting fans to legitimately dislike him and the best part is he's not boring anymore!

I have to say that Batista is the worst wrestler in this buisness. Look at what happened on Raw, the dumass bled because he got overzealous. I just felt a little bad that it was going to be a squash against Kofi, and that guy literally GAVE him the victory. If this was Orton or some other verteran they'd be laughing their ass off and demand a victory due to this ridiculous behaviour.

Back to the point, I dislike Batista in every way. Even as a heel, he's not that great. Why? Because he's just like every other heel. He has no special thing. I mean you could go back to Attitude, you will not find a Randy Orton tweener (Many compare him w/ Stone Cold but that's another matter). You won't find a Cena either (Yes, we have Hulk but that guy was seriously and utterly "American"). Whereas Cena is a rapper superman, and can turn it around into either should he be ordered to do so (I liked Cena at first because there wasn't anyone like him). You won't find a HHH, you won't find a Orton, but you WILL find a Batista. He was pretty much everyone who was a heel. Talking trash, screwing faces and in general was this cocky and selfish guy. That's Batista for you.

Let's look at why you are wrong. I alluded to this point earlier about what makes Batista different as a heel than Punk and Jericho. Batista is different because of his size, he doesn't need to talk much to get his point across. Punk and Jericho are small so they have to put down the crowd and the other wrestlers to get their point across because nobody realistically is scared of them once they step into the ring. You look at Batista and his size and think that he is a bad man and you don't want to miss with him just because of what he can do to you. That's the intimidation factor right there and so he doesn't need to pick up a microphone to try to get heat.

Even in the Attitude Era, you didn't find somebody like Batista. Undertaker as a heel talked on the mic all the time and Kane rarely got booed to my knowledge. Maybe the closest thing to Batista was Brock Lesnar but he had Heyman to talk for him but Lesnar could hold his own a little bit. Batista doesn't need anybody talking for him so he has everything covered.

I hope you don't really think Kofi just gave him the victory. You do know the matches are scripted, right?

This is the REAL Batista everyone and this is the Batista that we should get the rest of his career. He's believable, not boring, and somewhat nice to see in a hell. Because he's portraying his real self on t.v, he just looks so much more natural in the ring and hopefully this feud will continue past Wrestle Mania, but his match with John Cena will no doubt be a good match. The feud has been nearly flawless and I'm rooting for Batista at Wrestle Mania.

This Batista is the best Batista out of his 3 stages (Evolution, Post-Evolution and now). he has been a freakin animal since betraying Rey. He looks so much more natural and not robotic. His character is freakin funny and believable. He has pissed off Cena like crazy and I love it because finally, FINALLY, 1 man can stand up to Cena and actually be equal or greater than him. The only thing that pisses me off is the *****ness that he has like every other heel. He gets called into the ring and backs out and attacks from behind or when Cena is weak/beaten up. And the transition from face to heel has totally changed him, including the point that I just made. But this match is freakin awesome and worth waiting for because it's a real WrestleMania match up and they should've waited make this match at WrestleMania rather than SummerSlam. But Batista uses that as a add on to their feud saying that he broke his neck before and uses the same line as Jericho: "Bad things happen when yu're in the ring with me." I'm counting on this match to steal the show just like Batista/Taker did at Mania 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back