Bam Bam Bigelow (1961-2007)

BATISTAFAN

WWE Fan 4 Life!
Thats shocking that Bam Bam Bigalow died. Thats news to me, Wonder what was the cause of death. Gonna have to wait though. He was a decent wrestler in his time. R.I.P

:wwf:

From WWE.com

WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

"We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown," Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

Bigelow, 45, worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he is perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995.

Stay tuned to WWE.com as more on Bigelow's passing becomes available.

LOL @ WWE saying he is best known for being squashed by LT!

Bam Bam became THE man in ECW and anyone from the locker room at the time there would agree. He added name value and made ECW look and feel better. He is probably best known for putting Taz through the fucking ring. Or getting suplexed through the ramp. Not for being beaten by a football player.

He was part of one of the better groups in WCW as part of the New Jersey Triad with DDP and Chris Kanyon.

It is very sad to see Bigelow die because he is simply one of those one of a kind guys. Who else you know gets flames tatooed on their head? No One!

He was by far one of the most overlooked legends in this business right up their with Randy Savage.

R.I.P. Bam Bam

R.I.P Bam Bam

What sucks is i can guess the cause of death was Heart failure/heart attack, which is what plagues alot of wrestlers nowadays, especially ones that have had tiring and hectic work schedules.
Just do the list....

Eddie Guerero
Brian Pillman
Rick rude
Curt henning
Big boss man
Yokozuna
British bulldog
The wall/malice

All died of Heart failure, it worries me what some people are putting themselves through and if we will eventually see alot of the last generations wrestlers pass before there time is up.

Why is it all the great wrestlers die so young, Bam Bam was only 45 yrs. old, and now he's gone, he was truely the best big man in the history of professional wrestling, I'll remember him most for his feuds with Taz and RVD, and as the post above me states his death was probably caused by heart failure brought on by a hectic work schedule, promotions should take a look at that and scale back on the amount of hiouse shows they do in a year, especially WWE who probably puts on more house shows than any other promotion

it's a danm shame that we had to lose another legend, R.I.P. Bam Bam Bigelow

Best known for being at WM 11? Nice press release, @$$holes. Allow them to screw something up and here they go.

I'm very sad today as I grew up watching Bam Bam all the way back in the eighties and I can honestly say he was one of the best big men of all time and one of the top products to ever come out of the Monster Factory. I felt especially proud when he was finished being wasted in cartoon-land and re-invented himself as the legit badass he was upon entering ECW. I still remember my eyes almost disloding from the sockets when he and Taz went through the ring, as well as through the entrance ramp.

http://www.wrestleattitude.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1115

^
more on that

Kocosports.com broke the story of the passing of former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow earlier today. They have a few more details on his passing that WWE.com didn't report. Sources close to Bigelow told Kocosports.com the he had been missing for several days. And as noted before, he was found dead this morning in his home in Florida by his girlfriend around 10 A.M when she woke up. Furthermore, police are currently treating this as a crime scene.

Many of Bam Bam Bigelow's friends and colleagues contacted WWE.com to share their feelings on "The Beast from the East." They have comments from RVD, Tazz, Paul Heyman, Jerry Saggs, Tommy Dreamer, Ted DiBiase, Mean Gene Okerlund, Howard Finkel, Jimmy Hart, Jake Roberts, Joey Styles and Gregory Helms. Also, it looks like WWE will be adding comments from more wrestlers throughout the day as they get them.

From what I have read Bam Bam has had a rough life for the past five years. Still he was great. I always though he could come back for one last run, or maybe in a non wrestling role, heck he was only 45!

He was great to watch, esp. in ECW. I think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

I.M.O. he was the best big man to ever wrestle. Him against Vader would have been a dream match of mine. It's a shame, premature death's happen a lot in wrestling.

Anyone know that he actually saved three kids from a fire in 2000? He will be missed, thats for sure. RIP big guy.

Bam Bam is rather very close to my heart. i met him in japan before his mma match with Kimo Leopaldo. i waited outside as the fighters arrived and specifically waited for him and he approached. i asked him for an autograph, he obliged, and asked what i was doing in Japan. he signed and hung outside for a couple minutes to talk. even tho it was in 1996, til this day i remember it as the only wrestler to ever actually talk to face to face for more than just an autograph. Bam Bam seemed very cool and it was such a loss not only in my own heart, but in the hearts of all wrestling fans. in fact, the night prior to the announcement of his passing, i had named Greetings from Asbury Park as one of the best finishers ever. anyhow, for the sake of keeping this short, the best big man in the sport has passed. Bam Bam's innovation of agility, size, and strength in wrestling will forever live on....and so will his name...you will be missed....friend

-augie

I'll miss Bam-Bam. He was a big guy who actually wrestled. Today, all of the "monsters" spend 5 minutes in the ring destroying their opponents with bear hugs, giving them the boot, or crushing them under their weight. In ECW Bam Bam worked 30+ minute matches, flew off the top rope, regularly went in the ring injured, and went toe to toe with Taz and RVD. He didn't a hyped up gimmick...fans loved him for what he did in the ring and respected what he could do for someone his size and physical condition. God Bless you Bam Bam.

Obviously I am a HUGE fan of RVD so I have to give props to Bam Bam for helping Rob take it to the next level back in ECW. Bam Bam's matches with RVD were tremendous and it helped make RVD's career. Thank you Bam Bam for everything you have done. He was phenomenal in the ring and he did things that you will never see a man of his size do again. RIP, big man

As you have heard, Scott Bigelow passed away in Florida. His remains are being flown up to NJ today and his service will be on Friday followed by a memorial service on Saturday.

Ray Licamelli (former Doink ) & Afa are handling everything and if anyone would want to make cash donations or send flowers they can do so at the funeral address in Ray's name for Scott's memory & to help cover the costs of the service. Scott has 3 children that he left behind.

Francioni Taylor & Lopez Funeral Home
1200 10th Ave
Neptune, NJ
732-775-0029
Friday 2-4 PM & 7 - 9 PM

From Garden State Parkway take exit 100 East to RT 33 follow to Atkins Ave & make a right.

The Associated Press and AOL Sports have picked up on the story.

This is so sad. He was a nice guy backstage from what i heard. It's always sad to see a guy who lived to entertain the fans pass away. My heart goes out to his family.

Good get for Montel Williams: He'll interview Semi nole Police Chief Charlie Tiger on Monday's show (4 p.m./Ch. 9) in Tiger's only TV appearance since the death of Anna Nicole Smith. Tiger was the official who first faced the press after Smith's death and he's in charge of the investigation. Also on Monday's show: Chyna Doll, who co-starred in Smith's last movie, "Illegal Aliens," out next month."

Dave Meltzer reports that the autopsy results have come in on Bam Bam Bigelow. His death was due to multiple drugs in his system, cocaine and benzodiazetine (an anti-anxiety drug) at lethal levels. His was also suffering from heart disease.

Date of birth
1 September 1961, Asbury Park, New Jersey, USA

Date of death
19 January 2007, Hudson, Pasco County, Florida, USA.

Birth name
Scott Charles Bigelow

Nickname
The Beast From the East
Scotty

Height
6' 3" (1.91 m)

Spouse

Trade mark

Flame tattoos on his shaved head

Finisher: Top Rope Moonsault

Finishing move: Top Rope Flying Headbutt

Finishing move: Greetings from Asbury Park ( Sit down Tombstone Piledriver)

Trivia

Was First-Runner-Up in Pro Wrestler Rookie of the Year [1987]

Rushed into a brush fire near his home to save a group of children who were trapped, receiving second degree burns on over 40% of his body [2000]

Held the WCW World Tag-Team Title with 'Diamond' Dallas Page & Chris Kanyon as The Jersey Triad from 13 June 1999 - 14 August 1999 defeating Chris Benoit & Perry Saturn.

Held the WCW World Tag-Team Title with 'Diamond' Dallas Page from 31 May 1999 - 10 June 1999 defeating Raven & Perry Saturn.

Held the WCW Hardcore Title from 7 February 2000 - 20 February 2000 defeating Brian Knobbs.

Held the ECW Television Title from 1 March 1998 - 4 April 1998 defeating Taz.

Held the ECW World Title from 16 October 1997 - 30 November 1997 defeating Shane Douglas.

Held the IWGP World Tag-Team Title with Big Van Vader from 1 March 1992 - 26 June 1992 defeating Hiroshi Hase and Keiji Mutoh (aka The Great Muta).

Bam Bam Bigelow lost to football great Lawrence Taylor in the main event at Wrestlemania 11.

While in WCW, Bam Bam Bigelow formed a team with Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Kanyon known as The Triad. Bam Bam & Dallas Page defeated Raven & Perry Saturn for the WCW World Tag Team titles. The Triad got permission to use any combination of the trio to defend the titles (like the old Freebirds angle).

May 15, 2004 WWSA in Mt. Holly, NJ: Bam Bam Bigelow defeated The Sheik from Iraq.

Was once a bodyguard for fellow New Jersey-ite Bruce Springsteen.

Also worked as a bounty hunter, before entering professional wrestling.

Notable title wins include: Southern Heavyweight title; World Class Television title; IWGP Tag Team titles with Vader; NEW/NWA Northeast title; USA Universal Superstars of American title; WAR World 6-Man Tag Team titles with Hiromichi; ECW Heavyweight title; ECW Television title; WCW World Tag Team Titles with DDP; WCW Hardcore Title

Made his debut in the WWE (then the WWF - World Wrestling Federation) in 1987 and accepted the managerial services of Sir Oliver Humperdink.

Joined the Million Dollar Corporation in the summer of 1994.

Fought in U-Japan Championship, under NHB rules, and lost to UFC veteran Kimo Leopoldo by submission.

Has three children -- Shane Bigelow (born c. 1988), Scott Colton Bigelow (born c. 1995), and daughter, Ricci Bigelow, (born c. 1998) -- who live with his ex-wife in New Jersey.

Once had a tooth knocked out when André the Giant stepped on his head during a match in Madison Square Garden.

Where are they now

(July 2003) Retired from Professional Wrestling

(January 2005) Along with his father, is the Proprietor of "Bam Bam Bigelow's Deli" in eastern Pennsylvania. Among their specialities is the 1 pound "Beast" burger.

I hope he gets into the Hall Of Fame this Year he was amazine big man wrestler and one of the greats. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back