Would Bam Bam Bigelow Have Been A Good Addition To The Ministry Of Darkness?

Bone For Tuna

Registered Loser
I was thinking to myself the other day of what wrestlers back in late 1998 would have made a good fit for the Undertaker’s Ministry of Darkness and personally I think Bam Bam Bigelow would have made a tremendous addition to the group and the possibilities could have been huge had he signed with the WWF instead of WCW and they decided to go down that route. Bigelow signed with WCW in November of '98 after coming off an awesome run in ECW where he had some great matches with the likes of Taz and RVD. The Ministry of Darkness angle took off in December of that year and almost immediately, Mabel was beat down, kidnapped, brainwashed and returned as Viscera. Now Viscera might have had a look that fit the group, but that was about all he offered. I think not only did Bam Bam have the look to fit, but he was also awesome in the ring and he would have been way better addition than Viscera. I think it would have made sense to have Taker bring him back to join the Ministry too and besides just being one of Taker’s lackeys like Viscera, Bam Bam could have had exciting and convincing matches with just about anyone at the time including Austin, Kane, Shamrock, etc. After a while we could have gotten the inevitable face turn where Bigelow eventually leaves the Ministry setting up a huge match between Taker and Bam Bam. Really I think Bam Bam Bigelow would have fit the Attitude era perfectly and I think it’s kind of disappointing he ended up finishing his career wasting away in the dying WCW when he could have been working with up and comers like The Rock and Triple H. Just imagine Bam Bam vs. Mankind! Unfortunately, it’s been well documented that Bam Bam had serious beef with the Kliq so that kind of hurt the chances of this ever being a reality, but let’s just say all the parties had been able to bury the hatchet for business, the timing would have worked out.

I know it’s kind of pointless to talk about what if’s, but for the sake of conversation does anybody else think Bam Bam Bigelow could have been a big deal had he signed with the WWF in November of 1998 and not signed with WCW? Would he have been a good fit in the Ministry of Darkness? Is there anybody else you guys think would have been not only a good fit but a realistic choice to join the Ministry of Darkness? When I say that I mean, I think adding Raven to the group could have just sent the whole thing to the moon, but he was already in WCW for quite some time so realistically the chances of Raven ever joining the group were slim to none.

I could see Bam Bam being in the MoD. It would be cause for a nice debut. The problem is, everyone that was in MoD was basically "under a spell" by Taker. They were jumped and their minds taken over.

BUT, for the sake of having fun...

BB had the look and style. He was massive and could move in the ring. One of the FEW "big guy" that could. He also had that flame jumpsuit with the tattoo on his head to match.

WWE could set up a match with Taker choosing an opponent from the MoD, and then out comes BB...dressed in all black, flame tattoo on his head, flames for his intro...basically looking like a demon that just walked out of hell. Play up the fact that it IS Bam Bam Bigelow to push the fact that this truly is his debut into the company.

I think BB would've been a better choice than Mable. The problem with Mable was that, after the MoD broke up and everything was over...he STILL portrayed the Viscera character, when it was supposed to be King Mable brainwashed to BE Viscera. If BB would've joined, you can easily go back to the character he was.

As a fan of both Bam Bam and MoD, I would have loved to have seen this happen. Bam Bam certainly had the right look for the group and would have given us some far better matches then either Mideon or Viscera ever gave us. Also I always thought WWE could have cut charles Wrights run as the Godfather short and had him join the group as Papa Shango.

I don't think Bam Bam would have fit but I think he would have been great in the corporation, hired muscle just like Big Boss Man was.

I think Bigelow would have been a great addition to the Ministry, he certainly had the look and size to be a main player, and the in-ring talent to be a credible threat to the top stars in the company, unlike Viscera and Mideon.

As Vinnie Sunshine posted earlier, Bigelow could have been introduced back into the WWF by 'Taker in all-black with the flames exploding as part of his entrance, in a new all-black attire. I would go a step further and have him wearing contact lenses similar to those worn by Viscera, to make him look even more terrifying!

He definitely could have been a success in the role of Ministry member, and was good enough to continue a solo career after the faction broke up. The problem I always had with the Ministry was that apart from 'Taker, there was no other big stars or "threats" in the faction. Bigelow could have been that star.

Raven would have been a great addition in my opinion. His promos had a dark and intense feel and his character wasn't light by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not sure on Bam Bam as I haven't seen enough of his work to comment.

no, Bam Bam was big enough of a name to not be shackled as a hanger onerer for Undertaker. I do not see him as part of Undertakers ministry.

I believe that Triple Naitch is absolutely correct.

Bam Bam would've been fantastic in the Ministry of Darkness. It would've been an angle that would've gotten him over with the WWF fans in a big way as a heel. As Triple Naitch said, there were no other stars in the MoD other than 'Taker. So, Bam Bam could've been 'Taker's general or something like that. His second in command if you will and 'Taker would've helped get him over as legit threat and heel performer.

Honestly, I think that it would've been an incredible move for Bigelow and the MoD as a whole. It would've been very interesting; that's for sure.

no, Bam Bam was big enough of a name to not be shackled as a hanger onerer for Undertaker. I do not see him as part of Undertakers ministry.
Almost every great stable or tag team ends up turning on each other eventually because one guy feels he is too big to be in the other guy's shadow. Bam Bam had a look that fit and was also able to go in the ring and I think he would have made a great second in command to Taker until the inevitable demise of the Ministry and Taker and Bam Bam are forced to do battle. Taker vs. Bam Bam in a singles match at Mania would have been a hell of a lot better than Taker vs. Bossman in hell in a cell.

There's too much debate about Bigelow being too good for the Ministry or already being a top guy, etc. The question is would he have been a good addition? I'd say definitely yes... my main reason? I immedietaly imagined him in all black, with those flamed tattoos standing next to the Deadman... I'm just loving the imagery there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back