#AxelMania Running Wild Against Rusev On Next Week's Raw

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Curtis Axel has challenged Rusev to a match this coming Monday night on Raw:

Call me crazy, but I say the best booking the WWE could utilize on Monday would be for Axel to convince Rusev to defend the title against him in an "Over-the-top-rope Challenge", then have Cena screw Rusev over and let Axel win, giving Rusev a reason to want to face Cena at WrestleMania, while removing the US title from their feud without Rusev having to be pinned in the process.

Axel as US Champion could be all kinds of gold right now, and if someone like Bryan or Ambrose wins the ladder match then it raises the profile of the IC title enough that it wouldn't hurt to have the US belt around the waist of an entertaining new comedy act like Axel, and I really feel like #AxelMania has a decent amount of staying power as a gimmick(they've already committed to the Stardust and Mizdow gimmicks for a while, and those seem to be continuing, and I think that this Axel gimmick is at least on par with either of those).

So my question is simple...

Whatcha Gonna Do????

Yeah, I predicted Rusev lost the title somehow before Mania. I did not predict to Axel though.

If Cena is winning, give him the title and build to a match between him and Bryan. That's what I say.

Alternatively don't have Rusev fall to Dena like everybody else does.

The title belt "prestige" people are going to hate this.

The "streak" people are going to hate this.

The "Cena is a whiner" people are going to hate this.

The Zack Ryder fans and everyone else who is loving this gimmick because the "WM build has been so lame fans and there isn't much else to get behind right now" fans are going to love it.

I'm fine with it. My expectation is that Rusev destroys Axel and this gimmick is forgotten.

everyone else who is loving this gimmick because the "WM build has been so lame fans and there isn't much else to get behind right now" fans are going to love it.
I guess I could be counted in this camp.

I'm fine with it. My expectation is that Rusev destroys Axel and this gimmick is forgotten.
Rusev will likely indeed destroy Axel on Monday, but as for AxelMania, while often imitated, it will never be eliminated!

Dont often go in for saying this kind of shit, but even a decent showing could mean the world to Axel right now

I'm leaning on Cena helping Axel win the title on Monday...leading to a Cena/Rusev 'Mania match that isn't about him being undefeated, or winning a title, but just hatred & spite.

So let me get this straight... All this chat of wanting prestige returned to the mid card belts and after a strong heel reign over the last 4 months, you give the title to Curtis Axel?

I guess if this is the direction of the US belt, and Axel somehow winds up winning it, then it would show that WWE don't care about making the US title matter. Personally, after thinking about it, once the IC title can get some relevance, then I couldn't really care less about the US title whatsoever.

Isn't the US title the whole reason Cena's going after Rusev in the first place? So why would Cena help Axel win when he wants the belt himself? If anything, Cena will cost Axel his chance by attacking Rusev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back