Is Curtis Axel the Next US Champion?

It could work, I guess, but I'd rather they not go this route. The problem with Axel right now is that while his gimmick is currently funny, it can get old fast. It's already strange that Axel is being treated as a threat when he has been squashed the few times he makes appearances. I laughed when Stephanie acted like he was going to be a threat to John Cena, of all people. Now he's challenging Rusev?

Axel is probably just being used as a part within the Rusev/Cena storyline and him getting the belt wouldn't help anything- and I'm one of the few people who WANTS Axel to have a more credible midcard push.

Curtis Axel has re-emerged recently with his new Axelmania gimmick and seems to have improved a lot on the mic.

He has been used as a jobber, but it seems he is heading for a match with Rusev, and it could happen this week on Raw.

It would be very strange if Axel hands Rusev his first loss, but this is how I see it happening. John Cena does something to distract Rusev, Axel rolls Rusev up and wins the title, similar to when The Rock lost to Hurricane because of Austin. This is what gets Rusev to agree to a rematch at Wrestlemania, the US title won't be won by Cena (I didn't expect him to win it) and Axel can use the title as a way to propel him back up the card.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't like Axel as US Champion. Axel isn't credible. Rusev as champion has made the title more important. Yes, the win would be huge for Axel, however, what makes him being champion no different than the Kofi's and Miz's being champion.

It's a possibility, even though it absolutely shouldn't be.

The WWE Booker inside of me is telling me that this kind of match is definitely symptomatic of every cliché in the booking handbook of the WWE. How does Cena get a Rusev to take a match with him at WrestleMania? Why, he costs him the United States Championship of course. That would rile up the Russian enough to make him accept the challenge and face Cena... Yeah, that's all well and good except you would be giving the Championship to a guy who has been relevelant for 3 weeks and will not relevant again after 3 weeks, barring some minor gimmick miracle. And what's more, you're giving away Rusev's u defeated streak to Curtis fucking Axel... What!?

I do t k ow really. With Axel already announced for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, I don't see him winning against Rusev. Perhaps Cena will get involved during the match but Rusev will still won and be annoyed at Cena enough to accept the match. Or perhaps Rusev will still be annoyed but not accept the match and it will carry on for another week or so. Or even if Cena gets involved after the match... So many options, lets hope that they pick the right one. Or rather, don't pick the very wrong one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back