the Frog

Gimmick Name: Atsushi Kiriyama

Announced As: 'The Shadow Warrior' Atsushi Kiriyama

Height: 6'2

Weight: 230lbs

Hometown: Mineyama, Kyoto, Japan

Billed From: Kawasaki, Kanagawa in The Land of the Rising Sun

Alignment: Heel

Introducing first from Kawasaki, Kanagawa in The Land of the Rising Sun, weighing 230 pounds, 'Shadow Warrior' Atsushi Kiriyama

Appearance:

----------------Hair Colour/Length

Burnt auburn, Wild hair stuck up all over the place

----------------Eye Colour

Black

----------------Facial Hair

None

----------------Ring attire

Black leather pants with the studded silver belt, black wrestling boots.

----------------Backstage Attire

Plain black slacks, white dress shirt unbutton to half way down, so that a faded red t-shirt is visible. Tatty black blazer with adorning rips in the fabric and a studded silver collar around his neck

----------------Physical Features

Known for his snake like movements, a small but distinct scar running from the corner of his right eye to the bottom of his eye socket.

----------------Tattoos:

None

Sample Pic of Wrestler:

k1k4.jpg

Main Gimmick:

Kiriyama is a sociopath with cerebral tendencies bordering on genius level IQ, he lives a somewhat fantasy led existence and has adapted the persona of Kazuo Kiriyama from Battle Royale, who has no sense of emotion, this is in stark contrast to Atsushi's whose emotion has been the undoing in his life. Stemming from his innate jealousy of his elder brother Antonio Mera. Atsushi comes from a a family rich in sporting heritage and as such was always pushed into the sporting arena from gymnastics, brazillian jiu-jitsu and amateur wrestling. This is where his jealousy for Antonio was conceived due to Antonio being a national amateur wrestling champion and Olympic participant. Atsushi has a intuitive knack of assessing how to benefit himself in almost any situation and finds it easy manipulate others. Due to his emotionally volatile state, he becomes more barbaric the more combustible the situation. Kiriyama is also shown to have a high tolerance for pain, this stems from his days in Japanese dojo where he was trained into the ground starting and finishing each twelve hour session with 1000 Hindu squats.

2 Characteristics of Gimmick:

Snake like movements
Extreme flexibility

Brief Bio/History:

Atsushi Mera is the younger brother of a noted Puroresu and MMA star Antonio Mera, as such has always lived in his elder brother's shadow. This didn't prevent him during his formative years taking Antonio as his idol. Atsushi travelled the world with his brother embracing different cultures and picking up English as his second language.

When he turned 25 in 2012 he felt he had outgrown being his brother's subordinate feeling he should be treated as an equal. When his Antonio chose his new tag team partner when returning to Japan from a Mexican tour he overlooked Atsushi. Atsushi rebelled against Antonio and now has a strong resentment for his brother and former idol. In the process he abandoned the family name and dubbed himself Atsushi Kiriyama, after the villain in Battle Royale and tailored his appearance in the same vein.

He takes a keen interest in Japanese cinema and MANGA, this is something he picked up from an early age. As such Atsushi always been somewhat of a dreamer and his life is somewhat fantasy led. Despite being cerebral, he is easily susceptible to do the bidding of others due to a lack moral compass, he craves the attention and the limelight of success. Although this can be perceived as a manipulative ploy and a means to an end,

[YOUTUBE]1qsgBF7ZIsk[/YOUTUBE]

Entrance Description: As the beautiful panpipes of Zamfir play over the PA system, Kiriyama slinks out of the backstage area on his hands and knees. Blood red lighting canvassing his features making him look slightly maniacal. As he reaches the ringside area with cat like reflexes he jumps to his feet and rolls in the ring taking a crouching position in the corner alert to the slightest movement and sound on the tips of his toes.

Fighting Style: Strike heavy with a strong grounding in submission holds for finishing prone opponents

Previous Injuries/Character Psyche:

Dislocated right shoulder as such all of his arm based strikes are delivered with his left arm.

As Kiriyama has no moral compass to speak of he is known to push referees to the limit with the stretching of the rules. Kiriyama has no use for weapons though, his mind and his body are his tools and inflicts punishment with submission holds and unique strikes in the ropes and turnbuckles.

Finishing Moves (2 max):

The Black Saviour (Busaiku Knee Kick - Running single leg high knee)

[YOUTUBE]YEJuR4565_g[/YOUTUBE]

Child of God (Koji Clutch)

[YOUTUBE]d235bxYcMBs[/YOUTUBE]

Signature Moves (3 max):

AK-47 - (Steiner Screwdriver)

Final Protocol (Poisoned Frankensteiner)

[YOUTUBE]kOavJmX0kUs[/YOUTUBE]

Supernova (Lionsault)

12 Most Used Moves:

Arm Trap Body Slam
Arm Trap Northern Lights Suplex
Discus Lariat
Double Arm Neckbreaker (similar to a Double Arm Backbreaker but impact is head / neck instead of back)
Inverted Powerslam
Hangman's Neckbreaker
Rolling Neck Snap (to seated and standing opponents)
Running Step-Up Enziguri (mostly to opponents by turnbuckles)
Russian Leg Sweep into turnbuckles (this can cause damage to Kiriyama as well as opponent)
Shoulder Stunner
Spinning Elbow Attack (delivered from second turnbuckle to standing opponents)
Step Up Rope Assisted Arm Drags (near the end of matches this can transition in to AK-47)

Sample Roleplay

Kagemusha ~ The Shadow Warrior​

kagemusha.jpg

The scene opens of a wild and windy day, the sky is a harsh blacky blue colour with glints of grey cloud, and the burgeoning darkness seems to indicate we are heading towards night fall. A shot of jagged rocks pertruding from the surface of the sea as waves crash against their black exterior. The white surf from the waves slowly drains back into the dark blue ocean.

Slowly the camera pans around and we see on the shoreline two figures merely silhoutted at long distance, as the scene is panned in on it becomes clear one figure is standing with his back to the camera up to his knees in the tide. The second figure stands on the dark brown sand and seems restless pacing back and forth and leaving marked footprints in the wet sand where the water must have reached half a hour previous.

As the camera gets in close on the scene the figures are revealed to be two men, the man stood in the sea has a shock of burnt auburn hair and is of oriental descent. A tatty black blazer with rough tears and dark stains which eerily look like dry blood adorn this garment, which covers a white dress shirt unbutton halfway down his torso, revealing a faded red t-shirt. Also notable is a studded silver collar around the man’s neck with a red gem stone in the centre of it. The man on the sand looks more business-like and is wearing a casual pin striped suit instead of a shirt beneath the suit jacket we see the logo of Reservoir Dogs. This fellow stops pacing and draws breath.

Kiriyama we've been on this god forsaken island for a week now, we have offers from all over the world. All the major players want to talk to you, especially this WZCW promotion and they are willing to spend bigger money than you have ever been offered before. And why are we still paying this documentary crew to be here? It’s an exercise in futility if ever there was one.

Kiriyama spits into the sea in disgust the globule of spittle is lost to the salt water beneath as Kiriyama stares piercingly at the man on the surely. This is the first time we see his face in sharp focus he has a small but distinct scar running from the corner of his right eye to the bottom of his eye socket.

Money I have no use for, that is your realm LeQuint. I want to be somewhere to make my mark where I can be the person I want to be. I will allow you to make this call on my behalf. This documentary crew are here to see how the mighty have fallen, that is all you need concern yourself with.

You know Antonio is willing to let you headline the Tokyo Dome in January against with him.

So Antonio reached out to you?

LeQuint doesn't catch Kiriyama's eye and a look of disdain spreads across Kiriyama's face taking Jimmie's answer as a yes

My brother is no longer my puppeteer, Antonio promised me the riches and stardom of the King's Road and he failed to deliver. Is there any reason why I should believe his empty promise again? He forgot that this is all a game you fight for survival, then you find out if you're worth anything in the end. Antonio proved to me when I fought beside him that he is worth nothing..

LeQuint perks up all of a sudden as if he has stumbled across an eureka moment. Almost tripping over his own tongue trying to get his words out in his excitement..

Well if you don't want to accept Antonio’s offer we have the interest from WZCW. They are trying to fight the big boys, if you are willing to fight the riches and more importantly the limelight which you crave will come in time. You'll start in the sewer with the rats... However, if you fight like I know you can, the spotlight can be yours!

Kiriyama softens his edge and tone of his voice to LeQuint with the offer attention and super-stardom!

Do whsat you have to I will fight you know this don’t take me for a child LeQuint I told you when we met if you give me the platform to do what I want to do, I have no problem with you taking the lion’s share of the profit. I only need a penny more than I can spend and I am happy.

LeQuint’s eyes light up with excitement almost as if he sees Kiriyama as one big dollar sign he extracts a mobile phone from his pocket and walks off up the beach tapping the screen of his phone before holding it up to his ear.

It looks as LeQuint Brown, my executive consultant is right for once. Your presence here for the documentary is now futile. However before you go maybe I should preface my future achievements... With the story of the decay from which I rose, people may know I am the younger sibling of Puroresu star Mera Antonio... Or for the ignorance of the western world Antonio Mera.

I like Antonio was once the shining Young Lion Ace in Japan. Once my brother found the stardom, stardom that my parents always wished for him. Antonio plucked me from the dojo where I trained to do his bidding, to fight his battles... I was in the limelight but I was a sidekick, an afterthought, a shining example of nepotism. I threw away the good graces of being a company man to fight for a loose cannon.

Things went well for a time Antonio was riding high, so by proxy I was getting reflective glow from his super stardom. We travelled the world, English became my language... I opened my eyes to everything that was possible, rejoiced in experiencing the world before it all came crashing down around me.

Antonio and I returned to Japan from our travels in time for my 25th birthday. Where I had been promised a starring role in with Antonio as his new tag team partner. However, Antonio didn't wish to lose his grip with the top row of stars in Japan. So Antonio chose another from outside the family instead… This broke every promise he ever made to me and broke my heart.

Kiriyama drops to his knees submersing his lower body in the icy looking waters. He starts crawling his way towards the shoreline, as his hands come out of the water we see wet sand squeezing between his fingers. All of a sudden he flips on to his back the water lapping up to his body.

So I renounced my family name, I went from Mera Atsushi to Kiriyama Atsushi… In honour of the lone wolf Kiriyama Kazuo... from the novel, film and MANGA series Battle Royale… People say I have no moral compass in light of 'reprehensible' action towards my family. Well Antonio proved he had no morals when he chose an outside over a member of his family.

I always lived by never letting a sense of morality get in the way of doing what was right. Well Antonio didn’t do what was right did he? So I stabbed him in the back just like he did me. Antonio promised me the shared spotlight in his glorious return to Japan, then just when I had done enough to be there with him he pulled it away. Morality has become like an art form to me... I have to draw the line somewhere, now I draw the line to where it benefits me the most.

There is a loud panting noise from behind Kiriyama, the camera loses focus on Kiriyama and we see LeQuint Brown running back towards his client. Brown is visibly out of breath and gasps trying to get the words out with his hands on his knees…

WZCW are willing to give you a chance, if you want to fight they will give you a chance to prove yourself! This my friend is going to make me rich and you a global superstar. So in the words of Quentin Tarantino... Violence is one of the most fun things to watch… And Kiriyama I love watching you be violent!!!

**Scene Fades To Black!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back