Ascension 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Ascension_Logo.gif

[youtube]_yuXWYz78Lg[/youtube]​

Connor: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Ascension 90, I am Cat Connors alongside the vocal Jack Cohen!

Cohen: Cat, I am so happy! We have a new World Heavyweight Champion! A man of class. A man of integrity. A man of dignity. We have the Champion we need. And the Champion we deserve. We have Constantine.

Connor:
Well, we also have the last of our Gold Rush semi-final matches. We've gotten word that the rules of the title shot to be earned in the finals of this tournament will be announced on Meltdown 116 or Ascension 91. But as for tonight, we were promised the World title match for Gold Rush to be announced.

Cohen:
Nevermind all that. We have a celebration coming!

[youtube]01eceadoNq8[/youtube]

Out comes a cart with Constantine on a throne. Under him is none other than Ty Burna. Clearly out of place, but surprisingly calm. His eyes blink between their usual color and shining red. The cart is heavily adorned with red and gold and has the World Heavyweight Championship on a pedestal. The cart stops in front of the ring and proceeds to place the throne and pedestal into the ring. Constantine sits on it waving arrogantly as Ty looks on. The cart's driver gets off and enters the ring. Black suit, white gloves. Clearly a high class servant. He grabs the microphone and taps on it before speaking.

Servant: Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you, your new World Heavyweight Champion. From The Kings Court. He is John Constantine! Please. Turn to the giant monitor and witness the greatness of our Champion and he rose to his current status.

[youtube]S2Tuss1GCio[/youtube]
Servant: Bravo. Bravo. What an incredible story.

Cohen:
Amazing. Wonderful. Inspiring.

Servant:
Now, the time has come to coronate our Champion properly.

The servant begins to take off a rope and climbs the cart. He places it over Constantine as he begins to walk down to the canvas. Ty steps out too as an official, senior official Jurou Akiyama comes in to the ring. He takes the World Heavyweight Championship and wraps it around Constantine and raises his hand as the crowd boo's to it. Ty and the servant clap in respect and Constantine grabs the mic.

Constantine: I started my wrestling career 6 years ago. From humble beginnings in my own personal gym. I began to work my way up with the help of my personal trainers. I pushed the right buttons. I called the right people and I was in WZCW. I since began to blaze a trail of glory pushing this company into it's golden years. I promised to myself I would deliver the best product possible here. But I had clowns like Showtime, Big Dave, Austin Reynolds, SHIT and Matt Tastic stand in front of me. Oh, and that fatass. Mikey Stormrage too. But I unlike those unruly, uneducated hillbillies, I was blessed to be recognized as the talent that I truly am by another visionary of this sport. Ty Burna. Ty believed in me. He supported me. And now here I stand. Delayed. But as promised. The hood ornament of this organization. I know you people are silent in awe. But I suggest you get used to it. This is a scene you'll be seeing for a long time. John Constantine. World Heavyweight Champion.

Ty grabs the mic from the servant. He tries to keep himself calm as he begins to speak but his anger is leaking through.

Ty:
Constantine. I'm..... Proud of you. But that belt is MINE!!

Constantine takes a cautious step back and the servant completely bails along with Jurou to the floor but Ty calms down.

Ty: Sorry. Constantine. As your ally. May I please ask for a shot at your World Heavyweight Championship?

Constantine looks around in shock at the question and seems to think about ducking it.

Constantine: Ty. My dear associate. I admire your desire to persevere in this industry more than anything else. But as far a shot at me is conscerned..... You're gonna need to go through contract talks. Psycho analysis. Drug testing. I mean, I want this to be clean and down the middle. If you want a World title shot--

Ty: DO NOT TEST MY PATIENCE!

Ty seems to let his anger out but before anything can happen....

[YOUTUBE]OmND5_zHUD4[/YOUTUBE]​

Matt Tastic appears by the crowd with a mic at hand. He peeks through the barrier but doesn't go through to ringside.

Matt: That's cute. Ty, you look like Gollum for God's sake. And Constantine, you piece of crap. Congrats on winning the big one you load of trash. But here's the thing. I am DEAD SICK of you two. The Elite name makes me vomit whenever I think about it. Which is terrible for my stomach because it's comes up a lot thanks you attacking me week in and week out. You have what you wanted. The World Heavyweight Championship. But Houston, we have a problem. I have rights to a rematch. I gave both you morons a chance. How about you do something noble for once and return the freakin' favor?!

Ty: NOO!!

Ty runs out of the ring and attacks Matt in the crowd. They begin pounding on each other as Constantine looks on. But from behind appears MIKEY!! Mikey hits Constantine from behind and yanks the World title from him. He whips the World Champion over and over again with the most prestigious strap in pro wrestling as it's owner scrambles out of the ring. On screen appears the face of WZCW's CEO. Mr. Kenneth Banks.

Mr. Banks:
Enough! It ends. I've come up with the solution to end all this! At Gold Rush, the World Heavyweight Championship match will be Constantine defending against Matt Tastic!

Cohen:NOOO!!!

Matt raises his arms happily as Ty beats on him.

Mr Banks: And Ty Burna!

Cohen:
YESSS!!!

Ty stops pounding as his name catches his ear.

The two stop their attack on one another realizing the match. But Mr.Banks is not done.

Mr. Banks: Hell In A Cell!!

Connor: Oh my God!!

The crowd goes wild at the announcement but Mikey Stormrage obviously does not seem pleased at his exclusion. He grabs a mic with the title at hand as the 3 contestants look at the monitor in shock.

Mikey: Hey, what the hell?! I'm a part of this issue too! I demand a shot at the title!! Mr. Banks, please! One shot! Let me prove I can fight and win the big one! Please. The fans want it too! How does Ty Burna get one after losing already once?

Mr. Banks: You want your shot so bad? After you failed to do what your buddy did? You don't have the consistency Ty Burna has Mikey. But at Meltdown 91, you and Tastic will face Constantine and Ty Burna. You want to get in Hell In A Cell? You have one round to redeem yourself. I suggest you get working.

Constantine and Ty regroup. Matt enters the ring and grabs the World title Mikey has. The two have a not so pleasant staredown about to come to blows. Matt yanks the World title from Mikey and looks at the belt that was just yesterday his. But tosses it at Constantine. He catches it and looks cheerful. But Ty stands right next to him with blood red eyes staring right at him.

Constantine: You'll get yours soon enough. But DAMN you two for screwing MY big moment! MY coronation! The Elite are going to end you! And the World Heavyweight Championship will stay where it belong! With ME!

Ty turns Constantine over for his words and the two begin to argue as Matt and Mikey do the same in the ring. Officials come down to put an end to the situation as the cameras turn to the commentators.

Connor:
My God, Cohen. What an announcement. Hell In A Cell. The Elite and Live Mas to end it all for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Cohen: Put the breaks Cat, Mikey has to somehow beat Ty Burna and Constantine himself to get in.

Connor: Does that mean he has to be the one to take the pinfall when the two teams meet?

Cohen:Mikey's not getting anything. Up next, it's a 3 way. 3 new talents coming up on Ascension.

Anderson: The following is a triple threat match scheduled for one fall!

Charlie comes onto the stage and extends his both hands horizontally, soaking in cheers.

Anderson: Introducing first, from the streets of New Delhi and weighing in at 220 pounds, "The Chosen One" Charlie!

He slowly walks into the ring and stands on top turnbuckle and does the same pose before repeating it in the middle of the ring.

Oleg Rasputin enters the arena, his head down and walking with purpose.

Anderson: Next, from Moscow, Russia, and weighing in at 307 pounds, Oleg Rasputin!

He adjusts his pads and boots inside the ring and awaits the bell, staring down Charlie.

Question crawls out of the entryway. He looks out to the audience, as rose petals fall from the ceiling.

Anderson: And finally, New Orleans, Louisiana, weighing 195 pounds, The Eternal Question!

He crawls into the ring under the bottom rope, keeping his eyes firmly locked on his opponents.

Connor: Should be a very interesting match between these three new competitors.

Referee Katie Shepard checks on all three and signals for the start of the match.

* DING DING DING *

As soon as the bell rings, Question slides to the floor and lies down atop the barricade blocking off the timekeeper’s area. Oleg and Charlie both look over in confusion, but Question just waves his hand dismissively. Rasputin, seeing an opening, charges at Charlie and drills him in the back of the head with a running lariat. Charlie collapses to the mat face-first, but before he can recover at all, Oleg picks up Charlie’s leg and launches him overhead with a wheelbarrow suplex. He crawls toward a cover, but before he can make the pin, a chair comes flying into the ring and hits Rasputin in the head.

Cohen: Haha! What a brilliant move by The Eternal Question, triple threats are no disqualification!

Conner: Of course that creep also plays dirty.

Oleg gets to his feet, holding the back of his head and looking furiously at Question on the outside. Question taunts Rasputin, which causes the big Russian to slide under the bottom rope to the floor. Question quickly jumps onto the apron and hits a version of Love Battles. Oleg drops to the floor, clutching his face. Question rolls into the ring, but when he gets up, he turns right into a big boot from Charlie. Question bounces back to his feet and angrily charges at Charlie. He drops down, sending Question into the far ropes. Charlie throws a right hand, Question ducks under, but rather than rebound again, Oleg grabs his leg and pulls him to the outside. The two men start throwing punches at each other until Charlie slingshots himself over the top, into the arms of Oleg. Oleg lets out a roar and throws Charlie face-first into the post. Charlie’s limp body rolls up against the barricade. Before Rasputin can follow up, Question throws Oleg into Charlie. Question lines up his opponents and charges in, throwing his entire body at them. Rasputin is able to move out of the way at the last moment, however, allowing Charlie to take the full brunt of Question’s attack.

Conner: I cannot believe how reckless this guy is.

Cohen: His entire life revolves around focusing on a goal and achieving it. This shouldn’t be any... watch out!

Oleg deadlifts Question off of Charlie and throws him with a sambo suplex onto the announce table, which somehow manages to stay together. After taking a moment to appreciate his handiwork, the Russian rolls the nearly limp body of Charlie back into the ring. Oleg climbs back in as Charlie is getting to his feet, and eats a superkick to the jaw. Both men collapse to the mat, with Charlie doing his best to crawl to the corner, possibly looking for Welcome to My Street. He gets to the top, but Rasputin is up and nails Charlie with a Russian Hammer to the temple. Charlie is out cold and drops sickeningly to the mat. Out of nowhere, Question flies in and hits the Tower of Wisdom, driving his knee into the side of Oleg’s head. The Russian flies to the floor, allowing Question to pin Charlie, 1…2…3!

Anderson: The winner of the match, The Eternal Question!

Oleg looks up angrily from the floor while Question celebrates in the ring.

Connor: A very questionable victory!

Cohen: Don't do that.

We cut backstage to see Backstage Bob standing at a water cooler with new WZCW superstar Prince alongside a couple of other new WZCW employes.

Bob: So, you see, Armando Paradyse is a total joke and Becky Serra had sex with him without knowing it was him.

Bob, Prince and the employees all share a laugh until the camera pans to see a fuming GM, Becky Serra. Serra walks up to the group and slaps a cup of water out of Bob's hands.

Serra: I'm so happy I found you, Bob. I need someone to go to Dorian Slaugther's locker room and get an interview for his big match tonight. I think you would be perfect for the job.

Bob looks intimidated. Serra points off-screen.

Serra: *screams* NOW!

Bob timidly walks towards the direction that Serra is pointing. Serra watches him as Prince laughs behind her. She darts a glare back at him.

Serra: What are you still doing here? You've got a match against the legendary Ty Burna who is contention for the World Championship. You need to prepare yourself if you just want to survive out there, let alone become victorious. Who knows: maybe you'll be the next Saboteur and beat Ty Burna out of the blue... but I doubt it.

Prince: I'm not the next Saboteur, Ms. Serra. I'm the first Prince of WZCW and win, lose or draw, I'm ready for this match.

Prince walks off, leaving Serra behind.

Serra: I almost feel sorry for him.

Serra too leaves, albeit frustrated from having her failed love affair being passed around as work conversations.

Connor: Prince takes on Ty Burna next.

G4FPjeZ.gif

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]fwD9jzUJxQo[/YOUTUBE]​

Prince comes out with his mask in hand, with a look of fear as he stares at the crowd. He puts the mask on at the entrance ramp, and turns into a different person, getting the fans pumped up by showing his enthusiasm. He walks down the ring and usually shakes hands with the fans.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 200 pounds... Prince!

Connor: He's got a huge opportunity tonight to impress Mr. Banks and the General Managers. If Prince can score a victory over Ty Burna, he'll shoot up the roster faster than any other competitor.

Cohen: It's an extremely tall order, CC. Stranger things have happened but I don't believe tonight is a strange night.

Prince climbs onto the second turnbuckle and lets out a loud howl as the crowd howls with him. He jumps down and waits for his opponent, standing next to referee Keith Morse.

[YOUTUBE]nze16zyVkDY[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd boos heavily as the lights dim in the arena. A single spotlight shines down on the entrance ramp, where Ty Burna walks out swiftly, his eyes glowing red. He stares down to the ring as the spotlight moves violently around the arena to the music.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing 240 pounds... Ty Burna!

Ty slides into the ring (with Prince exiting), and slowly crawls on his stomach to the center where the lights go completely out. As the song hits it's peak, fire erupts from the four corner posts and Ty stands, intensity etched on his face as he stares forward, a look of madness in his eyes. As the fire comes down the arena is engulfed in an intense blue light, leaving Ty in nothing but a silhouette. Prince looks at him from the outside, slightly nervous but ready to go.

Cohen: No matter how many times Ty Burna makes his entrance, it always gives me goosebumps. Such an intimidating force in WZCW and still in World title contention. I don't know how Prince is keeping himself together. In his second ever match, he has to face Ty Burna. That's insane.

Connor: True but Prince doesn't seem to be backing down. Any competitor here would thrive for the challenge.

Prince slowly enters the ring as Ty stares at him the entire time, eyes glowing red. Referee Keith Morse makes sure everything is good to go and calls for the bell.

* DING DING DING *

Ty stares at Prince, intimidating him with his stance. Prince hesitates but takes a few seconds to convince himself to fight. He goes straight up to Ty and hits him in the face with a palm strike. Ty's head takes the blow but the rest of his body remains still.

Connor: Prince taking it to Ty straight off the bat.

Ty turns back and angrily looks at Prince, who responds with a few more palm strikes before running the ropes. Prince tries for an attack but Ty hits him with a running high knee, taking him down.

Cohen: And this is what happens when you do that, CC. Rookie mistake.

Ty holds his jaw as he looks down at Prince, following up with a running knee drop on Prince. He covers...

... 1
... kick-out by Prince.

Ty quickly mounts Prince and delivers a series of punches, beating down the rookie until referee Morse admonishes Ty, who doesn't look pleased about it. Prince tries sitting up but gets a kick to the back of the head for his efforts. Ty goes for another cover...

... 1
... another kick-out.

Ty gets annoyed at the two one-counts.

Connor: Prince is really showing some guys to kick-out at one. He wants to show Ty and everyone else he's right where he belongs.

Cohen: It'd be even more impressive if he was the one in control, though.

Prince crawls to the corner, looking for some distance between him & Ty. However, Ty goes on the attack, charging at Prince. He goes for a clothesline but Prince gets the double boots up, smacking Ty in the face. Ty tries again and Prince does the same, connecting again. Ty turns around as Prince goes for a third double boot but Ty grabs the legs of Prince, swivels him around and delivers a double stomp to Prince as he is drapped across the turnbuckles. Prince holds his stomach as he remains in the same position with Ty backing up, hitting a running stomp to back of Prince's head. He rolls off the turnbuckle and Ty pulls him into the center of the ring...

... 1
... 2
... kick-out by Prince.

Frustrated, Ty gets to his feet and hits a double underhook backbreaker, keeping Prince in for the submission. Ty wrenches the back of Prince, making sure he writhes in pain. Prince tries to reach for the ropes but he is too far away. Referee Morse asks if he wants to submit but Prince declines.

Connor: It's been a relentless display by Ty but Prince refuses to give up. This opportunity means everything to him.

Cohen: You might call this admirable but I believe this is stupidity now. If he values his career in WZCW, Prince should submit right now and fight another day.

The crowd gets behind Prince, cheering for him to keep on fighting. Prince feels the adrenaline surge through his veins, finding the strength to fight his way out of the submission with some well-placed kicks to Ty's head, the only part of his body that has taken damage in this match. Ty let's go, allowing Prince to find some space. Ty is quick to his feet however, looking to run the ropes and take down Prince with another running knee... but Prince hits the Pounce from out of nowhere, taking Ty down!

Both men are down as Keith Morse begins the count.

Connor: Prince took Ty down! This could be the turning point.

Cohen: This may be your only chance to win the match, kid. Don't mess about!

Morse gets to a count of 5 when Ty gets to his feet with Prince still recovering. Ty picks up Prince but gets a palm strike for his troubles. Pissed off, Ty goes to attack Prince but he evades, going behind. Ty turns around and Prince hits a rolling savate kick before hitting a spinning uppercut, knocking Ty senseless. He grabs Ty for a T-Bone suplex, covering Ty...

... 1
... kick-out by a stunned Ty.

Ty stumbles to his feet and swings at Prince. He ducks the attack and turns it into a reverse DDT, planting Ty. He finishes it up with a springboard elbow drop and covers again...

... 1
... 2
... kick-out.

Connor: Prince was close!

Cohen: This cannot be!

Prince gets to his feet, pumping up the crowd as he looks to end the match. He waits for Ty to get to his feet and sets him up for the Royal Flush... but Ty slips behind Prince, wrapping Prince's arms around his own neck and hits the X-Plex, driving Prince hard into the canvas. Ty shakes the cobwebs and gets to his feet, livid at how Prince was able to mount a comeback. He gets in position as Prince recovers, NAILING THE DESECRATION ANNIHILATION ON PRINCE!

Cohen: Good night, sweet Prince. This one is over.

Ty goes to pin Prince but stops, looking down at Prince. He shakes his head and decides he is going to end it differently. He turns Prince over and LOCKS IN BENEATH DEAD HORIZONS ON PRINCE. He screams out in pain as Ty keeps the deadly, inescapable submission secure. Prince has no other choice but to tap out.

Keith Morse signals for the bell.

Anderson: Here is your winner... Ty Burna!

Ty keeps the submission hold on for a few seconds longer before letting go, standing to his feet as he looks down at Prince. Morse warns him about the submission but Ty darts a menacing stare at him, forcing the referee to back down and checks on Prince.

Connor: Ty had this match won and he decided to inflict further punishment on Prince... and even when he won the match, he continued to hurt Prince. Why would he do that? What has Prince done to him to deserve that?

Cohen: It's not a matter of why would he do that to Prince but rather the message he was sending. He's sending a message to Matt Tastic & Constantine in the World title match at Gold Rush: this is your fate and this is how much pain I can inflict. If that doesn't scare those two, I don't know what will.

Connor: I hope Prince is okay though. What he did to him was uncalled for, even if it was to send a message.

Ty stands tall in the ring with a fire in his eyes as referee Morse helps Prince up the ramp.

We cut backstage to see Stacey Madison with WZCW superstar, Bruce Irwin. Madison has a microphone in hand as she speaks into it.

Madison: Bruce, you had a golden opportunity two weeks ago as a relatively new superstar here in WZCW. However, you lost to The Beard in the first round of the Gold Rush tournament. What is going through your mind right now?

Bruce: Last week was a hiccup, Stacey. However, I know that I was not the only man to lose a tournament match two weeks ago. Another man who lost is Chris K.O., my opponent tonight. I know that both of us will be going into our bout tonight hungry. It sucks losing in the first round of anything. The Beard broke my chance at advancing in the Gold Rush tournament, but he didn't break my spirit. So, tonight I am going out there to put on a show. Win-or-lose, the WZCW universe will know that I will not let last round dictate my future.

Madison: Bold words. Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce: Thanks, Stacey.

Bruce walks away as Madison remains in the shot. She addresses the camera.

Madison: Don't go away, WZCW. When we come back we will have a fallout match from the Gold Rush tournament. The former EurAsian champion, Chris K.O., will take on the spunky rookie, Bruce Irwin.

The scene fades as we cut to commercial.

wC0Gsv5.gif

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]FHSfyypZtag[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Introducing first, from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, weighing 232 pounds... Chris K.O.!

Chris K.O. walks out with a volley ball, Steve, tucked underneath one of his arms.

Cohen: Does he really have to keep bringing that damn ball out here?

Connor: It's a little unorthodox and slightly weird but it's not exactly a weapon. In an industry filled with barbed wire, explosives and multi-story cages, are we really going to veto a volleyball?

Cohen: Mr. Baller used his basketball to win matches.

Connor: But those were Mayhem matches. It's standard rules tonight and Chris K.O. isn't the type of competitor to utilise weapons to his advantage. Steve will be fine out here.

Cohen: Stop being an enabler and personifying a ball from another sport.

He smiles and connects with fans at ringside before sliding into the ring. He talks to Steve before handing him over to an official at ringside, who places him in a seat next to the announcer's booth. After that, Chris works the turnbuckle and plays up to the crowd.

[YOUTUBE]jRxgXzk_L0s[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And his opponent, from Erinsborough, Australia, weighing 275 pounds... Bruce Irwin!

Bruce comes out through the curtain and soaks in the crowd as he stands on the ramp. He takes off his shirt and throws it into the crowd from the ramp, showing his impressive throwing arm before slowly walking down, giving high fives the fans in the crowd.

Connor: Looks like the Australian policeman is fired up for this contest tonight.

Cohen: He'll need it. Irwin hasn't had much luck in previous weeks, CC. A win over Chris K.O. could get Irwin some momentum and noticed by the General Managers. Plus, with that masked man hanging around, Irwin could have some assistance in getting a victory.

Connor: Irwin isn't a dirty cop, Jack. He's as clean as a whistle. If the masked man interfered to attack K.O. during the match, I'm sure he'd arrest him.

Cohen: Yes, because it's totally now the duty of officers to arrest people who interfere in professional wrestling matches... ugh.

Irwin is in the ring and moves to the centre with Chris K.O. Referee Katie Shepard checks on both men before signalling for the bell.

* DING DING DING *

Irwin offers his hand and KO obliges, shaking hands before they square off.

Connor: Good sportsmanship.

Cohen: Terribly boring.

Irwin and KO lock-up in the middle of the ring with Irwin winning the exchange, pushing KO into the ropes. Katie Shepard comes over and looks for a break, which Irwin does immediately. He moves back and allows KO to come back in the middle with the crowd applauding. KO & Irwin go again but KO manages to get a twist the arm of Irwin, getting him into a standing armbar before the big man can do anything. KO gets him down to a knee, keeping the leverage advantage for him. Irwin isn't able to stand back up but manages to manoeuvre himself towards the ropes, getting a rope break for himself. KO does the same and lets go immediately. He moves back to the middle and gets the crowd going, which begins a duelling chant.

Connor: Very even thus far.

KO & Irwin lock-up for a final time with KO putting a headlock on Irwin. The bigger man pushes KO back into the ropes, whipping him across the ring. Irwin dives to the floor, forcing KO to jump over Irwin's body. As KO rebounds, Irwin leaps into the air, showing his ability. KO continues running at Irwin and on the last rebound, gets caught with a back body drop. KO clutches his back but gets up fast, walking into a scoop slam by Irwin. He covers...

... 1
... kick-out by KO.

KO tries to get to his feet but Irwin grabs his legs, propping them underneath his arms, looking for the giant swing. The looks out to the crowd, seeing if they want to see the move. He nods his head and goes to swing but KO manages a small package...

... 1
... 2
... kick-out by a surprised Irwin.

Both men get up at the same time with Irwin tripping KO, setting up for the giant swing successfully this time, spinning KO around and around...

Crowd: ... 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!

Irwin drops KO, slightly dizzy from the move before covering...

... 1
... 2
... kick-out.

Connor: That makes me nauseous just watching Irwin swing people around with ease.

Cohen: Too bad it also affects him.

Irwin is on the ropes, recovering from the giant swing as KO gets to his feet. Irwin goes over to KO before he has a chance to recover properly and lifts him into the air for a military press slam... but KO escapes, sliding out behind Irwin and wrapping his arms around the stomach of Irwin to hit a German suplex with a bridging pin...

... 1
... 2
... kick-out by Irwin.

Cohen: Rough landing for Bruce there. A bit dangerous even.

Irwin stays on the ground, holding his head as Katie Shepard checks him before signalling it's okay to continue. KO takes a couple of seconds to get up, a little hurt from lifting the big man. As he gets up, he grabs Irwin and hits a European uppercut, knocking Irwin back into the ropes. Irwin goes into the ropes and slingshots back with a big lariat, laying KO out. Both men are out as referee Shepard begins counting.

Connor: It's been almost all Irwin in this match but that German suplex by KO really shook Irwin.

Cohen: I've seen KO lift big men like Irwin before without any problems but this time, he must've not popped the hips enough or had a tight enough grip to hit a textbook suplex. It was effective though so you can't complain.

Connor: At least both men have some time to recover before going at it again.

Referee Katie Shepard is up to a count of 7 when Irwin gets to his feet, picking up KO from his one knee position. KO breaks free of Irwin and hits a European uppercut, rattling Irwin. He follows up with a couple of body shots before Irwin goes for a spin kick. KO evades and runs the ropes, coming back with a running knee strike, knocking Irwin back and down to a knee. KO runs the ropes again and hits a bulldog, planting Irwin. He gets Irwin quickly into position and locks in the surfboard stretch with a bit of difficulty. KO does his bets to lift Irwin in the air, applying as much pressure to Irwin as he can.

Cohen: This is what happens when you don't skip leg day, CC.

KO cannot hold the submission for too long as his legs start giving up. He drops Irwin before getting to his feet, rallying the crowd who are cheering loudly. KO gets to the top rope, waiting for Irwin. He jumps off and goes for his flying spinning wheel kick. Irwin evades as KO lands on his feet slightly awkwardly. Irwin goes to strike but KO goes behind, looking for another German. Irwin senses this and manages to pick up KO for a sidewalk slam. Irwin doesn't bother covering, getting to his feet and recovers, waiting for KO. He hits a shoot kick to the chest of KO, causing him to clutch it in pain. Irwin sets up KO for his patent delayed vertical suplex, keeping him in the air for an impressive amount of time before driving him into the canvas.

Irwin shakes the cobwebs from himself as he gets up, calling for the end of the match as he looks to climb the top rope himself. As Irwin gets to the top and KO gets to his feet, IRWIN GOES FOR THE DINGO... but KO counters with a well-time dropkick to the face. Irwin holds his jaw as KO comes up from behind Irwin, hitting another German suplex but release it. Irwin holds his head as KO riles up the crowd, SETTING UP FOR THE COCONUT STRIKE... AND KO CONNECTS! He covers...

... 1
... 2
... 3!

Katie Shepard signals for the bell and ends the match.

Anderson: Here is your winner... Chris K.O.!

Connor: What a highly competitive match between these two! Irwin came out here to play tonight but it was Chris who came up with the victory.

Cohen: I thought Irwin was going to win but Chris targeting the neck and head of Irwin was too solid of a plan to combat for Irwin. Can't say I blame him, though.

Chris makes it to his feet and begins celebrating in the ring as Irwin slowly rolls to the outside with Katie Shepard checking up on him. She says Irwin is okay and tries to help the big man as he looks to walk up the ramp with KO grabbing Steve on the outside.

Connor: Doesn't seem there is any sign of the masked man here tonight, unlike last time when he cost him the Gold Rush quarter-final match.

Cohen: Always expect the unexpected here in WZCW, CC. You're letting yourself fail if you don't.

Chris K.O. hops out the ring and thanks his fans on the way up. He gets on the entrance stage as he continues to work the crowd...

Connor: Watch out!

Suddenly, a masked man comes out from the gorilla position and nails Chris in the back with a steel chair, causing Chris to drop Steve who rolls down the ramp. The crowd gasps, but has little time to boo as the masked man begins wailing on Chris with chair shot after chair shot. Each one sounds more gruesome than the last.

Connor: Oh my god!

*SMACK*

*SMACK*

*SMACK*

Finally, the masked antagonist slams the chair down on the steel stage. He hovers over the broken Chris K.O. as he breathes heavily from the assault.

Cohen: I think you spoke to soon, CC. It's the masked man from two weeks ago that cost Chris K.O. his spot in the Gold Rush tournament!

The masked man reaches down and picks up the dazed Chris. He turns him around and grapples his head in an inverted position. He drops him on the steel chair with an inverted facelock DDT! The crowd cringes and boos.

The masked man stands to his feet. From the front of his neck, the masked man grabs his mask and removes it. The crowd is absolutely stunned at the revelation.

It is a grinning James Howard!

Cohen: I don't believe it!

Connor: Why??!!

The last shot we get is of James Howard standing over a lifeless Chris K.O. on the steel entrance ramp.

We see Backstage Bob standing at a door with a microphone in hand. The door has a sign that says "Dorian Slaugher" on it. Bob timidly knocks on the door. It creaks open. There is nothing but darkness inside.

Bob: Uh... hello?

Bob looks at the camera and gulps. He walks inside as the cameraman follows him. The door slams shut behind them. Everything is dark. Suddenly, the sound of a match being lit occurs before a small flame appears in front of Bob's face.

Bob: Hello?!

???: Shhhhhhhh...

Slaughter's demented face appears on the other side of the flame that flickers from the lit match.

Slaughter: I know why you are here. You are here because of the ant, but you should be more worried about the spider. Shouldn't you, Bob?

Bob doesn't speak out of fear.

Slaughter: The spider is what eats the ant. The spider is what crawls inside your skin and lays eggs inside of your brain. The spider is what kills you from the inside out.

Slaughter moves his face right up to Bob's.

Slaughter: I am the spider...

Slaughter lets out an evil laugh.

Slaughter: And the ant... is just a morsel. A momentary snack before a bigger feast. My prize is waiting for me. By the end of the night, the ant will wish that he had not gotten stuck in my web.

Just

You.

Slaughter blows the light out as Bob screams in pain. The camera man falls down. We see two pairs of feet run to the door and flee the room. Slaughter laughs as he bends down and looks at the camera from the ground view. The feed cuts out.

KocJUdF.gif

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is scheduled for one fall!

The crowd boos as Ramparte walks out with a copy of Green Eggs and Ham tucked underneath his arm. He has his half of the tag team championships draped over his shoulder.

Anderson: Introducing first, hailing from No Page Left Unturned, Ramparte!

Connor: We’re set for one on one action in just a few moments, but we want to acknowledge that the member of Cerberus walking down the ramp is not alone out here. We are joined at ringside, on commentary, by Eve Taylor and Flex Mussel.

Cohen: What an honor!

Flex: Thanks, Jack. We are honored to be at the booth with a legend such as yourself.

Eve: And we just have to live with the fact that CC is here, too.

Cohen: I hear you, Eve.

Connor: Eve, you are always so opinionated, aren’t you? Anyway, On Meltdown we found out that Cerberus would be involved in a huge winner take-all match at Gold Rush. Theron Daggershield and Hard Metal Penetration will be your opponents as you put all three of your titles on the line.

Flex: I don't see why Alhazred and S.H.I.T. should get another shot, but at the end of the day we are Cerberus. It doesn't matter what freaks they throw at us. We will stand strong at the end of the day.

Cohen: I agree completely. Hard Metal Penetration had their chance. Also, Theron is a flavor of the month.

Eve: Theron can play with his little dice all he wants, but he has to realize that Cerberus doesn't play games. We always go for the kill.

Connor: Well, that match is in several weeks while this one is happening now. Ramparte winning tonight would give you guys an edge of momentum going into your upcoming bout.

We catch Ramparte finish ripping out the pages of the book he is holding. He tosses the remains of the book into the crowd and slides into the ring.

The crowd goes nuts for the fan favorite, Theron Daggershield, as he walks out with his signature trenchcoat, sunglasses, and prop sword. Multicolored lights flash all over the entrance stage as he poses with his sword.

Anderson: And his opponent, from Stephenville, Texas, weighing 190 pounds, “The Warblade” Theron Daggershield!

The crowd resurges with a loud pop at the sound of his name and pyro that shoots out behind Theron as he makes his way down the entrance ramp.

Connor: Would you just listen to this crowd? The WZCW Universe is absolutely in love with Theron.

Eve: Yes, and they are idiots just like he is. They are blind and do not recognize real talent.

Connor: Theron has been nearly unbeatable in recently. How can you not say he has talent?

Flex: Look at the gold on our shoulders, CC.

Cohen: Yeah, it doesn’t take a genius to figure that one out! Talent wins championships. Theron has no chance at Gold Rush.

Connor: Gold or not, Theron has integrity and a heap of talent. His time will come.

Eve: Doubtful.

Theron is now in the ring. He is handing over his ring attire to a ringside official whenever Ramparte comes up from behind and attacks him. Referee Elizabeth Prince calls for the bell to start the match.

* DING DING DING *

Flex: Good start, Ramparte!

Ramparte sends a series of punches at Theron’s face and upper-torso. Theron eats each one as he gets beat into a corner turnbuckle. Ramparte turns him around and aims his blows at Therons forehead. Ramparte gets two in before Theron blocks one. The crowd gets excited as Theron starts delivering his own blows in response. Ramparte starts staggering backwards, but uses a temporary gap between the two to regain his footing and lunge forward for a stiff european uppercut. The uppercut sounds crisp as he it echos throughout the arena. The blow sends Theron staggering backwards and into the turnbuckle.

Ramparte steps towards Theron and pulls him out to Irish whip him to the other side of the ring. The momentum carries Theron back-first into the turnbuckle. Theron’s back bounces off the turnbuckle and the impact sends him stepping slightly back out of the corner. However, Ramparte is right there with a clothesline! The strike sends Theron falling down into a sitting position with his back up against the corner turnbuckle. Before Theron can catch his breath, Ramparte shoves his boot into the neck of Theron and begins choking him.

Cohen: Ramparte looks great against your boy, CC.

Eve: It’s all about business tonight.

Connor: Theron is at the mercy of Ramparte with that turnbuckle foot choke.

Theron gags for air as referee Prince counts to five. At the count of five, he pulls Ramparte off. Ramparte won’t budge at first, but eventually breaks the choke to avoid being DQ’d. He walks out to the middle of the ring. The referee checks on Theron, who is clutching at his throat. Ramparte intervenes in the check-up and pulls Theron up into a standing position. He pulls him slightly towards the center before gripping some tights and grappling his head for a snap suplex! Ramparte quickly crawls on Theron for the cover as the Lizzy Prince drops for the count,

KICK OUT!

Connor: Kick-out by Theron!

Ramparte grits his teeth as he grabs the hair of Theron and pulls him back up to his feet with him. He grabs the dazed Theron and grips his tights for another snap suplex! Ramparte makes another cover,

KICK OUT!

The crowd pops at the second kick out.

Connor: Another kick out!

Flex: Come on, Ramparte!

Ramparte yells out in frustration as he climbs back up to his feet. He reaches down and pulls Theron up in to another dazed standing position. He hooks his arm around Theron’s head and grips the Warblade’s tights with his other. He goes to execute another suplex, but this time Theron doesn’t budge. Ramparte tries to pull back for the suplex again, but Theron remains stagnant. Theron begins to wiggle around in the grapple until finally pushing Ramparte off of him. Ramparte staggers back a little bit, but catches his footing. He responds by going in for a high punch to Theron's jaw. Theron ducks the blow and catches Ramparte, who has his back turned to Theron. Theron lifts him up and drops him with an atomic drop! The crowd pops as Ramparte grabs his tailbone in pain.

Eve: No!

Ramparte wails in pain as he stumbles back in the direction facing Theron. The Warblade catches him with a hurricanrana out of nowhere! Theron stays on top of him for the pin,

KICK OUT!

Connor: Theron gets 2!

Cohen: Come on, Ramparte. Regain control!

After breaking the pin, Ramparte is on his stomach in a daze. Theron is on all fours as he crawls over to his opponent. He grabs one of his arms and locks in an armbar. Ramparte groans in pain as Theron begins to wrench the life out of the arm.

Connor: Ramparte is now in the armbar of Theron Daggershield. Flex, you found yourself in a similar manuever on Meltdown, didn’t you?

Cohen: Yeah, by the way, congrats on that win over Kagura and by result becoming lineal Elite X Champion.

Flex: Thanks, Jack. Yeah, CC. To answer you question, I did. I, just like I know Ramparte will, got out of the move and finished off an opponent that everyone claimed would beat me.

Theron finally twists out of the armbar as he realizes Ramparte won’t tap to it. He proceeds to drop a knee on the arm before releasing his hold altogether. Ramparte groans in pain while favoring his arm as he remains on the mat in face-down position. Theron reaches down to grab his hair and pull him up into a dazed standing position. Theron steps in for a mid-section grapple and lifts to pull back for a northern lights suplex! Ramparte crumbles upon hitting the ring mat. Theron crawls on to him for the count as referee Prince slides in for the pin,

KICK-OUT!

Connor: Another close-call for Ramparte. Cerberus isn’t looking too hot in this match right now.

Eve: Shut it, CC. The match isn’t over yet.

Theron climbs to his feet as he grabs Ramparte’s head to pull him up with him. He gets Ramparte up and whips him to a set of a nearby ropes. Theron hopes to catch him with a sidebuster upon return, but Ramparte changes the plans by leaping up and landing on Theron with a quick Thesz press! Ramparte starts wailing on the face of the champion with left and rights as Theron tries to shield his head with his arms.

Eve: There you have it!

Ramparte continues his punches until Theron finally shoves Ramparte off of him and off to the side. Theron tries to crawl away and up to his feet, but Ramparte is to his feet first. He runs past Daggershield and jumps up on to the second rungs of ropes that Theron has fled towards. Ramparte bounces off and spins around to hit a springboard leg lariat, but no! Theron catches the leg mid-air as he drops to one knee in the process. He takes the leg of the panicked Ramparte and spins around to execute a beautiful dragon screw!

Theron flips off his own back and on to his feet to the wild pop from the crowd. Ramparte is trying to collect his senses as he slowly stumbles into a position on all fours. Theron paces the ring behind Ramparte as the crowd knows what is about to happen. Suddenly, the sound of a thud occurs.

Connor: What the hell!

Eve and Flex leave the announcer’s booth and get on opposite sides of the ring. Flex on the announcer’s booth side and Eve on the entrance ramp side. The crowd boos as Theron shifts his attention back and forth while trying to keep an eye on Ramparte, who is still recovering. Flex suddenly jumps up on the apron as Theron runs at him to take a swing. Flex jumps back off and Theron only gets air. He turns around and sees Eve on the apron on the other side of the ring.

Theron walks over to her and yells at her to go away. Eve yells back as they are face-to-face. Theron approaches closer, giving her one last chance to leave but Eve doesn't back down. Instead, she slaps him hard across the face with the sounds echoing across the arena. Referee Elizabeth Prince has no choice but to call for the bell.

Cohen: Looks like Theron Daggershield has won this encounter due to disqualification but I don't think he's happy with what's about to happen. If he wants to remain healthy, he has to get out of there now.

Connor: He knows he needs to leave but he's standing up to Cerberus.

Cohen: Mistake of the night.

Theron stares at Eve with daggers in his eyes but before he can respond, Flex slides in the ring from behind and attacks Theron. Ramparte gets up and joins in the ambush, with the World Tag Team champions using nothing but kicks and punches to beat-down Theron as Eve Taylor laughs and watches. The crowd boos mercilessly as the attacks continue with Eve slowly getting into the ring. Elizabeth Prince tries to get involved and calls for the bell again but to no avail.

Connor: Is someone going to do something to help Theron?

Flex & Ramparte let up so Eve can trash-talk to Theron, reminding him that she is the Eurasian champion and he will never take it off him. The three heads of Cerberus pick up Theron and toss him out the ring like he's nothing. Flex demands that he gets given the belts to which a ringside attendant obliges. All three stand in the middle of the ring holding their championships up high.

Cohen: An impressive collection of champions.

Connor: We need to beat down their competition every week to retain those championships. Something needs to give here. Theron stopped Cerberus attacking Hard Metal Penetration every week. Where are they to stop them from doing the same to Daggershield?

Cohen: Neither man is scheduled to be here tonight. Are they even in the building?

The crowd boos heavily at all three posing in the ring... but it seems Theron isn't done with them yet. The crowd begins to change their tune, cheering massively as Theron grabs his sword from ringside and wields it in his hand with a fire in his eyes. Eve manages a glimpse over to Theron, double-taking with a face of horror when she sees what is about to happen.

Connor: Theron was down but he isn't out!

Theron slides into the ring causing the three-person pose to break up. Eve flees as Flex goes to attack Theron but he gets smacked in the stomach by the wooden sword. He swings at Ramparte but he ducks out of the way, getting out of harm's way. He grabs Flex, pulling him out of the ring and getting him up the ramp. The crowd is cheering and chanting for Theron who is standing his ground. Theron motions to Eve that he will be the next Eurasian champion and she clutches it, shaking her head in disbelief.

Connor: He managed to clear Cerberus by himself thanks to a little equaliser.

Cohen: Theron could've walked away and fought for another day but he had to risk getting attacked again, didn't he? Impulsive decisions like this aren't going to help Theron's cause.

Connor: Daggershield's mission is to stand up to Cerberus. He can't run. He had no other option and in every encounter, Theron's cleared them off. I say he's doing something right.

The scene ends with Theron staring down Cerberus.

We go backstage to where WZCW interviewer Leon Kensworth is standing by with elegANT who is ready to compete.

Kensworth: In a few moments elegANT, you will be coming up against the 2014 Rookie of the Year and the protégé of the Elite, Dorian Slaughter, in the semi-finals match of the Gold Rush tournament. Slaughter has accrued an excellent record, almost plowing through the competition.

elegANT: Indeed he has, good sir. A fine competitor inside the squared circle whom I shall enjoy doing battle alongside for the ANTertainment of the fans.

Kensworth: Sure, but are you worried about yourself?

elegANT: I say, why should I be worried about this friendly exhibition?

Kensworth: Don't you think Slaughter will... well, slaughter you in the ring?

elegANT: Oh heavens no, Master Leon. As pompous as this may sound, I'm very capable to handle myself. I've done the required research on Master Dorian and I understand the kind of mANT this Gold Rush tournament has assigned to me by happenstANTS. He can be extremely dangerous and my career could be in jeopardy. Alas, this is a - pardon the pun - golden opportunity that I simply cannot pass up. I shall do whatever necessary to survive and become victorious so finally, elegANT can reach a championship caliber in WZCW.

Kensworth: Well if you win tonight, you'll have to go through Veejay first.

elegANT: Ah yes! My dear friend. After our Revolutionary performance - haha - I'm sure we'd tear the house down... but until then, Master Slaughter awaits. Thank you for your time, dear boy.

elegANT walks off, leaving Kensworth behind.

Connor: elegANT vs. Dorian Slaughter in the semi-finals match for the Gold Rush tournament is our main event... and it's next!

Before we go to commercial, we see a beaten up Theron walking through the backstage area with wooden sword in hand. He gets up to a locker room door labelled "Hard Metal Penetration" with absurd pictures all over the door. Theron busts into the room to discover that neither Alhazred nor S.H.I.T. are in the room. He looks around at the mess until he spots a chess table (where all the pieces are knocked around) with a note on it covering the score sheet. Theron picks it up.

"Gone Cat Stealing Bird Watching"

Theron throws down the note and leaves the room.

TCDdiF1.gif

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, this match is scheduled for one fall and will decide the second entrant into the finals of the Gold Rush Tournament!

[YOUTUBE]XqrpANUF4no[/YOUTUBE]​

Introducing first from the lap of luxury, weighing 179 pounds, the gentlemanly insect and friend to all, elegANT!

elegANT comes out from behind the curtain, waving at the crowd in his backstage attire. As he comes down the ramp, he shakes every single person’s hand, and does the same for everyone around the ring including all the WZCW ringside people. Once he has finished shaking everyone’s hand, he climbs into the ring, shakes referee Jurou Akiyama's and ring announcer’s hands, and waves to the crowd on all four turnbuckles before handing his top hat, sportcoat, and cane to a ringside attendant.

Connor: elegANT, who scored a win over Vikram in the opening round, will be looking to be the first ant in WZCW history to challenge for the World Title.

Cohen: Are you...are you serious?

[YOUTUBE]DgASEyey_KQ[/YOUTUBE]​

And his opponent, from Hell, Michigan, weighing in at 295lbs, Dorian "The Angel of Death" Slaughter

Dorian emerges through the curtain into a darkened arena, standing with his arms extended to either side of his body at the top of the ramp, peering toward the sky. He stalks slowly down the ramp, surveying the crowd before entering the ring via the steps.

Connor: Dorian Slaughter, who picked up a victory over Mikey Stormrage in his opening battle, will be looking to advance to the finals and further add to the prestige of The Elite.

Cohen: Here is my pick to win it all. Slaughter has been on a roll since joining WZCW and this tournament is just the platform to launch him to stardom.

Jurou Akiyama is in charge of the festivities as he goes over last minute instructions and checks both men for foreign objects, before calling for the bell.

*DING! DING! DING!*

elegANT is light on his feet, jumping around, but Slaughter refuses to engage. elegANT continues to circle, but Slaughter simply takes a few steps forward and offers his hand in a test of strength. elegANT looks around to the crowd, unsure if he should accept Slaughter's offer. He finally relents and slowly goes to grab the hand of Slaughter. Slaughter responds in kind with a swift kick to the midsection and immediately secures a side headlock. He wrenches on the hold until he decides to push the ant man into the ropes. elegANT immediately goes down thanks to a hard shoulder tackle. It doesn't keep him down however, as he is back on his feet and the two tie up. The larger Slaughter gets the advantage and starts to throw elbows from the clinch. They work to daze elegANT, forcing him to cover up. He then Irish whips his foe into the ropes, and off the rebound he flips him with a back body drop. He then follows up with a leaping elbow drop. He rolls into a cover.
One!
But one is all he gets as elegANT easily kicks out.

Slaughter unleashes a couple of hard right hands before he gets to his feet, allowing elegANT to do the same. He wraps up the insect and starts to unleash a series of headbutts that force the ref to step in and start his five count. Before Jurou can get to a count of five, Slaughter throws elegANT overheard with a big suplex. elegANT crawls to the corner, but Slaughter is quickly on him and begins to throws rights and lefts. He then uses his boot to choke his opponent, forcing the ref to step in and begin his five count. Slaughter relents at the count of four, but immediately brings his foot back once the referee steps away. Unhappy, Jurou forcibly removes Slaughter from the corner. This buys elegANT enough time to hop to the second turnbuckle and hit a flying bicycle kick. With Slaughter on the mat, elegANT looks for I Beg Your Pardon, but Slaughter fights to the ropes and breaks the hold. Looking to retain control, elegANT starts to unleash a series of kicks, again causing Slaughter to retreat to the ropes. At a count of only one, the ant man lets up.

Cohen: What an idiot! Doesn't he know he has until a count of five?

Connor: elegANT is a gentleman. Someone you could learn a lesson or two from Jack.

The ant man pulls Slaughter to his feet and works his legs with a couple of kicks before he Irish whips him into the corner. He follows him up with a handspring back elbow, smashing hard into the face of Slaughter. He throws Slaughter to the ground and and springs to the top rope before he launches with a body splash. He hooks a leg.
One!
Two!
Kick out at two.

Connor: Who do you think has the advantage thus far Jack?

Cohen: Well it has been pretty even up to this point, but I'll give Slaughter the edge with the size advantage.

A couple of knife edge chops stagger Slaughter, allowing elegANT to run and springboard. As he flies through the air however Slaughter connects with a heart punch. It sends elegANT tumbling out of the ring, with Slaughter in pursuit.
One!
Two!
The two men trade a couple of blows, but Slaughter gets the upperhand and throws elegANT into the barricade.
Four!
Five!
Slaughter follows up by throwing elegANT into the steel steps.
Six!
Seven!
Slaughter rolls back into the ring, content with a count out victory.
Nine!
Te-elegANT just manages to roll back into the ring in time to avoid being counted out, and Slaughter is upset with the perceived slow count of the ref.

Cohen: That was ten, Slaughter should be having his hand raised in victory!

The arguing gave elegANT enough time to recover, because as soon as Slaughter tries to drag him to his feet, elegANT rolls him up!
One!
Two!
Slaughter just manages to kick out! He looks furious as he gets to his feet and ducks a wild punch from elegANT. He follows with a big kick to the midsection and then hits Death Becomes You! He hooks a leg.
One!
Two!
elegANT kicks out at two! Slaughter cannot believe it.

Connor: elegANT just kicked out of Slaughter's finisher!

elegANT is instantly on his feet and begins to fire off huge punches. Slaughter is in big trouble, he is absolutely reeling as elegANT packs more fire behind each punch. He then uses his new found fire and connects with a body slam splash, before he calls for Good Day, Sir. He climbs to the top rope, and leaps, just as Slaughter rolls out of the way. elegANT lands on his feet, but as he tries to stabilize himself, Slaughter connects with a big crooked arm lariat, Hate Creation. He then instantly connects with Death Becomes You for a second time. He hooks a leg.
One!
Two!
Three! Its all over, as elegANT doesn't have the strength to kick out of a second Death Becomes You.

Anderson: Here is your winner, and moving onto the Gold Rush finale, Dorian Slaughter!

Connor: elegANT found an amazing second wind toward the end of that match, but in the end it wasn't enough to put Slaughter away.

Cohen: I must say even I am impressed after that display, but in the end my pick wins. Dorian will be heading to the finals of the Gold Rush Tournament at the Pay-Per-View. Well done.

Jurou checks on elegANT as he rolls out of the ring, getting up going to the back as Dorian Slaughter stands in the middle of the ring, staring out into the crowd.

[YOUTUBE]LbPRGDwlfqs[/YOUTUBE]​

Slaughter immediately turns his attention to the ramp as Veejay walks out in his best tuxedo and a big smirk across his face. Veejay stays on top of the stage and indicates to Slaughter that he will be the next World champion but Dorian tells India's greatest export that he will face to him. The crowd doesn't know how to react as the two aspiring stars continue to stare off.

Cohen: Neither man may be well liked by the crowd but you've got to admit, this is going to be an excellent match.

Connor: Two men who made their debut in WZCW at the same time and have had their paths intersect on many occasions will square off against each other. One will earn themselves a World title shot and the other... well, we'll see what happens... and I'm being informed that next week on Ascension, General Manager Becky Serra will be performing a contract signing between Veejay and Slaughter to finalise this match.

Cohen: Talk about a potential slobberknocker. We may see this all combust before we even get to the Pay-Per-View. I'm definitely excited for this one, CC.

Connor: Indeed but that's all we have time for tonight. This is Catherine Connor and Jack Cohen signing off for Ascension. Thank you for joining us and have a good night.

Veejay & Slaughter continue to exchange both words and stares.

We cut backstage to where Theron Daggershield is walking through the parking lot area, dragging his wooden sword across the ground. He bumps into Backstage Bob.

Daggershield: Where is she?

Bob points over to the production truck. Theron walks past Bob and heads there, seeing General Manager Becky Serra leaving from the truck on the phone. She sees him approach.

Serra: I'll call you back...

Becky puts away the phone.

Serra: I heard you were looking for me. What do you want?

Daggershield: Did you not see what happened when the Garmr Dogs brutally assaulted me out there?

Serra: I saw. You defended yourself admirably. What is your point?

Daggershield: I'm sick of having to fend off their wolf-pack attacks alone. I thought finding allies in Soft Golem Infiltration who want to end the Garmr Dogs as much as I do would help in my crusade but they aren't interested in my battles.

Theron throws down the note from earlier. Serra looks at the ground, reading the note to put two and two together.

Serra: So what are you proposing?

Daggershield: Alakablue the Wizard and CRAP the Golem want to focus on Frank Physique & Graven Darksbane and my interference isn't in their plans. Let them fight amongst themselves. It is their war... however, that leaves Ella Teague and I'd like nothing more than to take the Global Championship from her at Treasure Hunt. How she won the championship and how she will continue to hold onto the championship cannot be tolerated. If Soft Golem Infiltration can take care of two thirds of the Garmr Dogs, I can finish them off in the final battle.

Serra: Separate the 6-man Ladder match at Gold Rush, huh?

Theron nods. Becky thinks about it, gently tapping her phone into her palm.

Serra: This Cerberus & Hard Metal Penetration feud does need to end. It started with them four and it would make sense to end it with the same four. Alright... I'll call Bateman & Banks and make it official. Cerberus vs. Hard Metal Penetration for the World Tag Team Championships in a Ladder match, as well as Theron Daggershield vs. Eve Taylor for the Eurasian Championship in its own separate match. How does that sound?

Daggershield: Excellent. Thank you.

He goes to turn away but Serra stops him.

Serra: Oh, and one more thing. You've faced Ramparte tonight and you will face Eve Taylor at Gold Rush. I think it's only appropriate if next Ascension, you face Flex Mussel as well.

Theron smiles as Becky walks away.

Serra: Good luck.

She leaves Theron to think for a moment before lifting up his wooden sword, looking at it with intensity as the show ends, fading to black.

Who Wrote What:

FalK - KO vs. Irwin, Prince vs. Ty, Segment & Ending
Kermit - Daggershield vs. Ramparte & Segments
Killjoy - Opening
Thriller - Triple Threat
Yaz - Slaughter vs. elegANT, being awesome

Rep and love everyone who worked on this show (and Meltdown if you haven't already).

As said in the discussion thread, boards will be up sometime today as well. Shouldn't be too long after this show is posted as well. We've already figured them out, we are just leaving some buffering time between Ascension and the boards so people can read both.

Also, the next set of shows will be an Easter special weekend if I'm correct in my dates. Easter won't affect the RP deadline but it will affect the show deadline so forgive us if we are a day or two late on the next set of shows. Just a fore-warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back