Ascension 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management

The pyro goes off at the entrance stage as the camera pans across the packed arena. It then cuts away to Connor and Cohen sitting at the announcer's table.

Connor: Welcome ladies and gentleman to Ascension. We have some big matches in store for tonight, including our main event of Showtime Cougar and Trevor Steel teaming up to take on the Eurasian Champion Big Dave and the Elite X Champion Karnage!

Cohen: Showtime's change of heart regarding Trevor may be his downfall. He's carrying dead weight tonight.

Connor: The Mayhem Championship is on the line as Scott Hammond defends against John Smith and CardiffCam. We will also declare a new number one contender to Karnage's Elite X title as Austin Reynolds battles Chris Beckford once again for the right to face Karnage at Redemption.

Cohen: Reynolds should be going to Redemption easily, he is a ratings gold mine after all.

Connor: Our other three matches tonight include Corey Payne taking on Lars Reidar and Garth Black facing Doug Crashin in a one fall match.

Cohen: Lars should be delivering a severe punishment to the thief Payne tonight.

Connor: And Blade taking on Heavy Artillery in a handicap match, which starts now!

AS126.jpg

Anderson: The following handicap match is scheduled for one fall!

‘Bliss’ bursts throughout the arena to as the crowd start to boo heavily with the dark red lights start flashing. Blade walks out on to the stage holding a steel chair in his hand, heading straight down the ramp without acknowledging the crowd.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Dublin, Ireland, weighing in at 235 pounds, Blade!

Connor: Our first match tonight is Blade taking on our new Tag Team Champions Heavy Artillery, and I don’t like what Blade has got in mind with that steel chair.

Cohen: That my dear is what we call in the wrestling world “An equaliser”, it keeps things fair and level pegging given the circumstances.

Connor: But there are disqualifications in this match, doesn’t Blade realise that?

Cohen: I doubt Blade has any intentions for that bell to ring if I had to be frank!

Blade slides under the bottom rope and gets up on his feet, threatening the referee who quickly evades him by leaving the ring as Blade calls down to get his opponents out into the ring immediately as he’s looking very fired up. There’s an air of silence throughout the arena as the crowd start chanting “Artillery, Artillery, Artillery” until “Carry On Wayward Son” kicks in which gets the crowd in an ovation as the the lights flicker orange to yellow rapidly, signifying fire. The New Tag Team Champions come out onto the stage, holding their belts in air and presenting them to the crowd as well as giving them their traditional fists in the air. They walk slowly down the ramp, noting of Blade’s steel chair with him.

Anderson: His opponents, at a combined weight of 458 pounds, they are the WZCW Tag Team Championships, Max Karzai and Jordan Lights, Heavy Artillery!

Both men are unsure how to enter the ring, so they discuss as Jordan Lights heads to the opposite side to Karzai while Blade is unsure who to attack or take out, so he calls them both to come in. They both hesitate but then jump onto the apron as Blade then decides to go for Lights who whacks Blade with his belt first to the ovation of the crowd as both men and the referee get in the ring with the bell sounding. Lights immediately goes for the cover 1…..2….kickout by Blade. Karzai goes out onto the apron as Lights looks to go with some offence on Blade. He gets him onto his feet and irish whips him into the corner and runs in with a clothesline. He takes a few second but wraps his arms around Blade head and goes for a bulldog, but Blade lifts Lights in the air and throws him off with momentum as he lands on his back in the middle of the mat. Lights gets back up and tags in Karzai who is met by Blade’s clothesline and then some quick rights to the head.

He then hits the elbow on Karzai’s chest and then gets him up again to hit a quick suplex, he gets up and then taunts Lights who tries to get in but the referee blocks him as Blade kicks Karzai bluntly in the back of the head and he goes for the cover whilst the ref tries to get Lights out but only sees the cover and gets down to check 1……2…. kickout by Karzai. Blade then drags Karzai over to where Lights is and tries to reach out Karzai’s hand to Lights in a mocking tag motion, Lights reaches out but Blade pulls it away, suddenly Lights slaps Blade and is able to quickly tag Karzai on the hand as he rushes in and starts hitting lefts and rights on Blade.

Connor: Blade’s going to sorry for trying that stunt

Cohen:
I don’t anyone expected Lights to have any guts to do that

Lights then hits a dropkick, which Blade gets up again, followed by another and he is then taken by a sidewalk slam. Lights gets him up and looks for the Death Sentence, but Karzai is back up and talks about double teaming, Lights smiles and lifts Blade up in a powerbomb motion as Karzai grabs by his neck and they hit the Bed of Nails on Blade. Lights goes for the cover on Blade whilst Karzai forces the weight down further, 1……2……3.

Anderson: Here are your winners, Heavy Artillery!

Connor: Well Blade got over confident against the tag champions and it backfired.

Cohen: That may be, or are we seeing Heavy Artillery doing what Blade criticised them over, being different guys who shouldn’t work at as a team. But they still do?

Connor: Maybe, but hopefully this will do enough to keep Blade quiet for now. But anyhow, we still got a great Ascension with a great card ahead, including Vance Bateman’s announcement , Corey Payne vs. Lars Reidar and Showtime teams up with Trevor Steel to face the combination of Big Dave and Karnage! It’s a show you don’t want to miss!

AS123.jpg

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall and will determine the number one contender for the Elite X title at Redemption!

"Enya Stomp" by Gammer and Re-Con hits the sound system as Chris Beckford makes his way out to a loud reaction. He spreads his arms before darting to the ring, sliding in and doing a backflip off the turnbuckle.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Leeds, England, weighing 226 lbs, Chris Beckford!

"Headstrong" by Trapt begins playing as Austin Reynolds makes his way out to the entrance ramp. He spreads his arms out and points to his star tattoos before making his way down to the ring. The crowd boos him as he walks down to the ring, eyes fixated on Beckford who returns the look. Austin slides into the wing and continues to stare back.

Anderson: And his opponent, from London, England, weighing 190 lbs, Austin Reynolds!

Cohen: You can cut the tension in here tonight. Last week these two men fought to see who was the better wrestler. Now after the beating Chris took from Austin, they’re looking for blood. These two are here to fight.
Conner: But Jack they must also be thinking about the prize, a shot at Karnage for the Elite X title at Redemption, so neither man is looking to get DQ’ed.
Cohen: They can do whatever they want to each other, as long as they don’t get caught.

The bell sounds and both men continue to stare. Austin begins trash talking Beckford as he approaches him. Beckford responds with hard kicks to the knee. Austin hobbles after each one and falls into the corner and holds the ropes. The ref brings Beckford to center. Austin meets Beckford and they lock up. Austin with a spinning wristlock. Beckford rolls forward and reverses the hold, dropping Austin to the mat. Austin with a quick nip up, reverses the hold in his favour. He goes to kick Beckford in the face, misses. Beckford trips his legs, goes for a standing moonsault. Austin rolls out of the way, Beckford lands crouched on his feet. Austin hooks the arms, turns and goes for a back slide, gets a two count. Austin charges, Beckford hits him with an arm drag and holds him. Austin works his way up and rolls Beckford over him. Beckford quickly up, turns and is hit by a Dropsault. Austin stands ready for Beckford to get up. Discuss lariat from Austin misses. Beckford with a Dropsault to Austin. Austin rolls to the ropes and stands. Both men starring at each other as the crowd cheers.

Conner: Faced pace technical wrestling we’ve seen so far in this match, no blood so far and neither man is backing down.
Cohen: These two have studied each other well. They know each others move sets very well. No one will get the upper hand till one of them makes a big mistake.

Austin challenges Beckford to a test of strength. They lock hands and Austin slowly gets Beckford to his knees. Beckford quickly falls to his back and Monkey Flips Austin. Beckford up, charges at a standing Austin. Crucifix head scissors on Austin. Beckford goes to a turnbuckle and jumps to the top rope. Austin runs up and knocks one of Beckfords leg off. Beckford falls hard on his neck and upper back. Austin stands over him and starts stomping him. Beckford rolls and Austin kicks him in the back. Austin picks Beckford up and Irish whips him across the ring. Austin hits beckford with a leg lariat. Austin picks Beckford up. He hits Five Star, a backbreaker uranage that Beckford cries out in pain after. Austin posses and slowly goes for the pin. 1... 2... Beckford just gets an arm up. Austin stands waiting for Beckford to get up. Discuss Lariat connects on Beckford. Austin talks trash in Beckfords ear on the mat. Austin gets up and goes for a Lion Tamer. Beckford tries to fight it. Beckford uses his legs and flips Austin onto the mat. Beckford crawls to the corner and pulls himself up. Beckford turns and Austin flys at him with spinning heel kick. Beckford crumples to the floor.

Cohen: Beckford must be seeing millions and millions of stars.
Conner: Beckford is still recovering from the injuries he received last match Jack. He can’t continue taking this kind of punishment.
Cohen: Then lets start congratulating the new number 1 contender for the Elite X, Austin Reynolds.

Austin goes for the cover, 1... 2..... Beckford just kicks out. Austin with a slightly annoyed look on his face. He signals for the Ratings Killer. He picks Beckford up for the Styles Clash. Beckford fights to keep his body up. He pushes off Austins legs and pulls himself vertical on Austins shoulders. He punches Austin then hits a hurricanrana on him. Austin up, charges at Beckford. Beckford ducks and hits a half-nelson bulldog. Both men out as the ref starts a 10 count. At 7 both men are up. They trade fists. Beckford gets the upper hand. He knocks Austin down with a clothesline. Again with a spinning heel kick. Beckford is fired up and goes to the apron. Springboard dropkick connects on Austin. Beckford goes for the pin. 1... 2... Austin kicks out. Beckford waits for Austin to stand. Beckford goes for the Cross Drop. Austin runs and pushes Beckford hard into the corner. Austin backs up and jumps onto Beckford. Lungblower. Austin goes for the cover, 1... 2... Beckford kicks out. Austin goes to the outside, looking for the Ego Crush. Austin jumps off the ropes. Beckford moves out of the way. Austin lands on his feet. He turns to deliver a Roaring punch. Beckford ducks and Austin smashes the ref in the face. Austin is in disbelief. Beckford rolls him up from behind. A second ref is running down the ramp and slides in to make the count. 1... 2..., Austin kicks out. Both men up, Beckford grabs Austins legs and flips him on his back. He rolls over for the pin, 1... 2... Austin rolls forward reversing the pin. 1... 2... Beckford reverses forward, 1... 2... Austin kicks Beckford head and pushes him back. He rolls over top. 1... 2... Beckford grabs Austins waist and lifts them both to their feet. He rolls him around and goes for a backslide. Austin fights and kicks free. He goes for a back bodydrop pin. He hits it. The ref goes to make the count. 1... 2... 3.

Cohen: Yes, Austin did it he is the new number 1 contender.
Conner: Wait a minute Jack. It looks like Beckfords hand is up.
Cohen: Impossible.

The ref is holding Austins hand up, but the original ref is holding Beckfords hand up. The two refs are arguing. The second ref raises Austins hands to mixed boos. The first ref raises Beckfords hand to cheers. They talk some more and the original ref goes to talk to the ring announcer.

Anderson: Ladies and Gentleman, I have been informed as to who the winner in. The winner of this contest, Austin Reynolds... AND... Chris Beckford.

Cohen: What! This is highway robbery. The Ratings Superstar clearly had this match.
Conner: Lets take a look at the replay Jack. Here Austin hits the back bodydrop.. and, look Austins shoulders are also on the mat. Both refs saw a completely different outcome.
Cohen: Clearly, two minds don’t think better.

Austin and Beckford stand in the ring. Austin trash talks and motions that he’ll wear the belt and storms off to the back. Beckford stays and celebrates in the ring.

AS122.jpg

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall.

The bell rings as “Black Betty” by Ram Jam hits the arena. A confident looking Doug Crashin enters the arena as one solitary spotlight shines down upon him. After a few seconds, Kurtesy joins him on the stage. Both men head down the ramp, Crashin hollering abuse at some of the fans who flank the walkway.

Connor: We have the makings of a tag-team here, Jack.

Cohen: Given that they will both be fighting for Crashin’s career against Ty Burna next week, I suspect they ought to act like a team, don’t you?

As both men reach the ring, Crashin quickly goes up the stairs and into the ring. After a moment of looking around, Kurtesy follows him as the arena darkens and another spotlight shines down into the ring. A mic descends from the roof of the arena and Crashin grabs it.

Crashin: Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for you to see how destructive I can inside a ring.

The crowd boo.

Crashin: Boo all you like, it makes no difference. Last night, I found my calling in WZCW. I came out to be a spectator for Dr. Steven Kurtesy’s match and realised that together, we can beat anyone. Together, we have what it takes to become tag team champions in a matter of weeks.

Crashin hears the reaction of the crowd and it gives him more impetus to continue on with his verbal tirade.

Crashin: Kurtesy is a former Tag-Team Champion and a hell of a good one. I am a former Mayhem Champion and together, I guarantee you, we will be tag team champions. Because I am “The Incredible One Doug Crashin”.

Connor: Big words from Doug Crashin this week. His opponent, Black is a former tag Champion too, this will be a good test.

“P.C.P” by The Manic Street Preachers hits the arena as the crowd pop. The arena lights pulse as the entrance music goes on. As the music gets faster, the strobe lights become more intense. Crashin stands ready in the ring, as Kurtesy waits I the outside. After a few seconds, no one has appeared and Crashin begins to question. He goes over to the time-keepers booth and picks up a mic and gets back into the ring.

Crashin: I knew it, the first match I have as a tag-team superstar and my opponent is too cowardly to come out and face me…

A loud pop goes around the arena as Black hops over the barricade behind Crashin. Black gets into the ring and begins to stalk Crashin. Kurtesy notices Black and yells at Crashin to turn around. Crashin does as instructed, only to be met by Black launching himself off of the ropes and landing the Black Hole. Black quickly gets to the top rope and the Black Magic to his opponent. He covers Crashin as the referee begins to count the fall. 1…2…3.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Garth Black!

Connor: Black has taken us all by surprise and has picked up the win again!

Black gets to his feet as he raises one hand in the air in celebration of his victory. Crashin has a stunned look on his face and slams his fist down on the mat in frustration before Kurtesy pulls him from the ring and both retreat to the back. Garth goes to the time keeper and asks for a mic.

Garth: Phoenix! It's time we settle things once and for all. But I don't want to challenge you to a match tonight, no I want a match on a much bigger stage. Face me one on one at Redemption and we'll see who the better man truly is.

Phoenix's music hits as he makes his way out to the top of the entrance ramp with a mic in hand. He stares down Garth for a moment before raising the mic up.

Phoenix: You know as a tag team Garth we were unstoppable and always showed up on the bigger stage. Let's see who really carried that team to greatness. And after I soundly defeat you at Redemption, everyone will know I was the true force behind Second Coming.

Phoenix drops the mic and both men stare each other down as Phoenix backs up slowly and exits into the back. Garth sets his mic down and climbs up to the middle turnbuckle and raises his hand up again as the crowd cheers him loudly.

AS125.jpg

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

"Down With The Sickness" by Disturbed begins playing as Corey Payne makes his way out to a loud ovation from the crowd. He throws a few punches in the air at the top of the ramp before making his way down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans before sliding into the ring and raising his fist up to another loud cheer.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Las Vegas, Nevada. He stands' 6'3" and weighs 250 lbs, the King For A Day Winner, Corey Payne!

"Broken Soul" by Original Sin suddenly breaks through on the sound system as Lars Reidar walks out to the top of the ramp. He stares down Payne and begins walking down the ramp. The crowd boos loudly to no noticeable affect on Lars. Lars enters the ring and stands in a corner, never taking his eyes of Payne.

Anderson: And his opponent, from Ragnarog, he stands 6'6" and weighs 275 lbs, Lars Reidar!

Connor: There is definitely some bad blood between these two. Payne was able to capture the KFAD title shot by taking advantage of Ty and Lars laying prone on the mat.

Cohen: Yeah and I'm sure a few of those pain killers really helped him survive that match. Face it, Payne is nothing without synthetics in his system.

Connor: He had a severely damaged knee, which I might add is still heavily wrapped. It's amazing he even competed in that match, let alone win.

Cohen: It's a great cover CC, as long as he keeps bringing in his little doctor's notes he can continue to enjoy an advantage over everyone else on the roster.

The referee signals for the bell as the two combatants circle each other in the middle of the ring. Lars quickly hits a kick to the stomach and a punch to the face, quickly whipping Corey into the ropes and goes for a big boot. Payne slides under him and goes for a spinning backfist. Lars dodges and connects with a roundhouse kick and knocks Payne to the ground. Lars stomps away at Payne before lifting him up and tossing him into the corner. Lars starts pounding away at Payne as he covers up. The ref counts to 4 before Lars backs up. Payne rushes from the corner and tries to tackle lars to the ground, but Lars blocks him and pounds on Payne's back with double ax handle smashes. He lifts up Payne and connects with a backbreaker drop, getting a two count.

Cohen: There's the great MMA hero CC, he can't honestly think he can surprise Lars once again.

Connor: Lars has firm control of the match from the gate, but Payne can lock in his submission finisher from nowhere and end it.

Cohen: That's all talk CC, we all know Payne will lose his KFAD title shot sooner than later, and we'll have Ty and Lars battling out for the true victor.

Lars drags Payne up and whips him into the corner. Lars backs up to the opposite corner and charges forward for a big splash. Payne moves out of the way as Lars crashes into the corner. Payne bounces off the ropes and connects with a running clothesline. Payne quickly mounts Lars and begins throwing bombs, causing Lars to cover up. Payne grabs one of Lars' arms and applies an arm bar. Lars quickly reaches out and grabs the bottom rope, forcing the submission to break. Payne pulls Lars up and connects with some forearm smashes before whipping him into the ropes. He catches Lars off the rebound with a belly to belly suplex. Payne goes for the cover, but gets a two count.

Connor: Payne has gained the advantage on Lars, getting a two count with that belly to belly.

Cohen: Must be nice to have all those steroids giving Payne enough strength to lift up Lars.

Connor: Would you quit with that Cohen, Payne didn't do anything wrong!

Payne goes to apply a kneebar but Lars rolls him up and gets a two count. Lars is to his feet and runs forward, connecting with a leg lariat across Payne's chest. Lars quickly lifts up Payne and whips him to the ropes again, lifting him up and dropping him hard with a sitout Spinebuster. He hooks Payne's legs and gets a two count. Lars gets up with a frustrated look on his face but suddenly looks down at Payne's knee and grins. He begins stomping on the back of Payne's knee before lifting it up and dropping Payne's knee directly into the mat. Payne grabs his knee in pain as Lars stands over him. He grabs Payne and sets him up for the Judge, Jury, and Executioner, but Payne floats over and suddenly applies the Protolock! Lars drops down to one knee as the ref checks on him.

Connor: Payne has this match won! This proves he's not a fluke winner in the KFAD match!

Suddenly the lights go out and static light begins flickering. As the lights come on, Serafina stands on the apron and begins distracting the referee. Ty slides into the ring, getting Payne's attention. Payne let's Lars go but gets met immediately with a bicycle kick from Ty and Ty rolls out of the ring. Lars gets to his feet slowly and drags the prone Payne up to his feet. He lifts him up and drops him with the Sacrilegious Desecration.

Cohen: Yes! I think Payne has a lot to prove before I can take him seriously.

Connor: Payne had Lars down and out, and Ty had to interfere with this match. What petty jealousy.

Cohen: This isn't about jealousy CC, this is about Ty proving who the dominant force is.

Serafina drops off the apron and the ref turns around in time to make the three count.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Lars Reidar!

Ty enters the ring, a black tote bag and mic in hand. Serafina slides into the ring as well, chair in hand. Lars stands over Payne and grabs him once more, lifting him up with the Judge, Jury, and Executioner. He drops him down hard on his head as Ty walks over above Payne with a crazed look on his face. He brings the mic up to his lips.

Ty: You know Payne, it's amazing what you can find in someone's gym bag. As it so happens, Serafina did some investigating for me and found this in your locker room.

Ty drops the bag and unzips it, pulling out multiple pill bottles. He begins opening one as he stands over the laid out Payne.

Ty: I hope I have your dosage right Payne. I've never needed these Vicodin or Percocets that you do. It's ironic isn't it? You try to sound tough by putting Payne in your name, yet you are weak to these pharmaceuticals. Here, take your medicine Payne!

Ty grabs a handful of pills and shoves them in Payne's mouth, causing Payne to choke and spit them out. Ty dumps the rest of the bottle all over Payne and proceeds to do the same with the rest of the bottles in his hand. He stomps away at Payne's knee, causing Payne to scream out.

Connor: Who does Ty think he's fooling? That's not Payne's bag, that's the EMT's emergency bag.

Ty: Come on Payne! Get up. You're the almighty slayer of monsters, that is when the monsters tear each other apart first. With all those steroids in your system you should be more than strong enough to stand up to me like a true warrior!

Ty grabs the chair from Serafina and slams it hard into Payne's knee over and over again. Lars meanwhile makes his way to the outside and grabs a chair of his own. Ty backs up as Lars reenters the ring. The two wait for Payne to struggle up this feet before both move forward and swing the chairs into Payne's head at the same time, causing a loud crashing noise. Payne crumples to the ground as Ty and Lars shake hands in the middle of the ring. Ty grabs the mic once more and drops down onto his stomach right next to Payne.

Ty: You are no King, hell you aren't even worthy enough of licking the dirt off my boots Payne. The Ouija has spoken your fate, and your KFAD title shot will be mine!

The lights go out once again and soon come back up. Lars, Ty, and Serafina are all gone from the ring, and Payne curled up in the middle of the ring.

Connor: That was disgusting! What makes Ty and Lars think they can do something like that?

Cohen: I don't know if you've noticed CC, but I don't think they honestly care what you have to say. That was great. They put Payne in his proper place.

Connor: Regardless, stay tuned everyone. We have Showtime and Trevor Steel taking on the Eurasian Champion Big Dave and the Elite X Champion Karnage in our Main Event!

AS121.jpg

Anderson: The following contest, scheduled for one fall is a triple threat for the Mayhem Championship!

Roll Deep hits and the champ comes out first with the belt over his shoulder to a flurry of boos. He does his signature taunt and head down to the ring.

Anderson: Introducing first, from London, England, the Mayhem Champion, Scott Hammond!

He slides under the bottom rope and does his signature taunt again on the nearest turnbuckle.

Cohen: This man is on a nice little winning streak. He is clearly the future, CC.

Connor: Well we’ll see what his future is when he faces The KillJoy at Redemption.

Shinedown comes on next and John Smith comes out onto the entrance ramp.

Anderson: His first opponent, also from London, England, John Smith!

He makes his way down to the ring, eyeing up Hammond along the way. Next, Escape the Fate comes on and CardiffCam bursts out of the curtain and sprints down the ramp. He does his signature taunt at the bottom of the ramp and slides into the ring.

Anderson: And their opponent, from Cardiff, Wales, CardiffCam!

Hammond measures up his opponents as he holds his Mayhem title above his head to more booing from the crowd. He smirks and hands the belt to the referee, who then calls for the bell. CardiffCam and Smith both go for Hammond, landing punches on him in the corner. Hammond is hit until he slides down the turnbuckles onto the mat. Smith starts stomping a mudhole in him in the corner before stepping back and raising his arms. CardiffCam picks up Hammond and gets him in a front headlock, looking around at the crowd before dropping Hammond on his head with a DDT. CardiffCam goes to pick up Hammond again, but Smith shoves him out of the way and picks up Hammond instead. CardiffCam looks pissed off and slides out of the ring and checks under the apron. Smith puts Hammond in a bearhug as CardiffCam slides into the ring with a kendo stick in hand. He swings the kendo stick, which hits Smith with a loud crack.

Connor: Well, looks like that alliance didn’t last very long.

Cohen: Hmmm, I hear CardiffCam dislikes alliances....

Smith drops to his knees, dazed and CardiffCam hits him over the head with the kendo stick, causing it to bend in the middle. Smith goes down, with CardiffCam going for the pin, 1.... 2... Kick out by Smith. CardiffCam starts stomping on Smith’s head, until Hammond comes out of nowhere with a steel chair, smashing CardiffCam over the head, causing him to be busted open. With CardiffCam on the mat, Hammond unfolds the chair in the middle of the ring and picks up CardiffCam. He lifts up CardiffCam into a military press, strutting around the ring for a few moments to show off his strength. He walks to the centre of the ring and drops CardiffCam onto the chair, causing the chair legs to bend. CardiffCam rolls around on the mat, clutching his ribs as blood trickles down his face. Hammond goes for the pin, 1... 2... broken up by Smith. Smith grabs Hammond by the head and tosses him out of the ring. He then tries to pin CardiffCam himself, 1... 2... CardiffCam gets a shoulder up!

Connor: CardiffCam taking most of the punishment here so far.

Cohen: That’s what happens when you get into the ring with two men who are twice your size.

Smith picks up CardiffCam and backs him into the corner and sits him up on the top rope. Smith climbs up onto the top rope and places CardiffCam on his shoulder into a powerslam position. But Hammond quickly slides back into the ring and runs over to the corner. He gets up onto the second rope and delivers a belly-to-belly to Smith as CardiffCam slides off Smith’s shoulder. Hammond and Smith crash to the mat with CardiffCam still on the top rope. He sees his opportunity and jumps off the top rope, delivering a frog splash to Hammond. He goes for the pin, 1.... 2.... kick out by Hammond. CardiffCam pounds his fists on the mat in anger and crawls over the Smith to pin him, 1... 2... kick out by Smith. CardiffCam pulls himself to his feet and slides outside the ring to look under the apron again. His eyes light up as he pulls out a pane of glass and slides into the ring. He moves back to the corner as Hammond is slowly getting to his feet, readying the pane.

Connor: I can’t watch, this is going to be horrible!

Cohen: This is going to be magnificent.

CardiffCam walks towards Hammond with the pane of glass raised in front of his bloodied face, but Hammond grabs the chair from the middle of the ring and throws it with force at the glass. The pane shatters in an explosion of shards in CardiffCam’s face. Smith runs at Hammond, going for the Incapacitation, but Hammond moves causing Smith to spear CardiffCam. Hammond picks up the chair again and nails Smith in the head before throwing him out of the ring. Hammond goes to pin CardiffCam, 1.... 2.... 3!

Anderson: Here is your winner and STILL Mayhem Champion, Scott Hammond!

Hammond is handed the belt and he rolls out of the ring and makes his way back up the ramp with his title held high. Paramedics rush down to the ring to check on CardiffCam, as they start removing small shards of glass from his face.

Connor: Talk about a plan backfiring....

Hammond gets to the top of the ramp and turns around to look at his fallen opponents with a smirk on his face. Suddenly, Bateman comes out onto the stage with a microphone in his hands.

Bateman: Well done, well done, excellent title defence. But I would enjoy that belt while you can if I were you. You see, we’ve decided that we’re going to spice up the Mayhem division in coming weeks and months. So Mr. Hammond, here’s an announcement you’ll want to pay close attention to. You see, KillJoy will be in a Mayhem title match at Redemption... But you might not be, Scott.

Hammond looks angry and confused. Down beside the ring, Smith has finally made his way to his feet and CardiffCam is being helped out of the ring by the paramedics.

Bateman: Starting on next week’s Meltdown, we’ll be initiating the ‘TV defence’ rule. This means any time that WZCW programming is on the air, the Mayhem title will be constantly defended. At any time during Meltdown or Ascension, if anyone from the Mayhem division pins Scott Hammond, they will become Mayhem champion regardless of where it happens. It can happen during a match, backstage, it can happen in China for all I care as long as it’s during live WZCW Television.

Scott Hammond swears loudly and starts protesting to Bateman, who ignores him. At the bottom of the ramp, Smith starts smiling menacingly, flexing his muscles.

Bateman: This rule will be in play starting on the next Meltdown. That’s all you need to know. Congrats again on the title defence, Mr. Hammond.

Bateman walks back through the curtain, with Hammond looking livid.

AS124.jpg

Anderson : The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall.

" Meet The Monster " by Five Finger Death Punch plays as Trevor Steel makes his way out from behind the curtain and walks slowly down to the ring.

Anderson : Introducing first, weighing in at 270 lbs, from Philadelphia, PA, Trevor Steel!!

He makes his way into the ring looking up at the ramp awaiting his partner. " Ladies and Gentlemen " by Saliva begins playing as Showtime makes his way to the ring.

Anderson : And his tag team partner, weighing in at 213 lbs, from Winnipeg, Canada, " Showtime " David Cougar.

Cougar makes his way down to the ring and pats Steel on the back and gives him some words of encouragement. The rWo music plays throughout the arena now as Karnage and Big Dave make their way to the ring.

Anderson : And their opponents, at a combined weight of 555 lbs, from Scotland and London, Criminal Karnage and Big Dave!!!

They rush the ring and start mouthing off at Steel and Cougar. The referee forces Karnage and Steel out of the ring as Cougar and Big Dave will start off this match.

Connor : Showtime and Steel as a team? These one time rivals will have to work together if they want to make it past this match.

Cohen : There's no way they are going to beat Karnage and Dave, after the past two weeks, those men are vicious and I wouldn't want to get in their way.

Big Dave shoves Steel, who doesn't react. Steel just stands there as Big Dave gets in his face and shoves him again. Still no reaction from Steel. Dave gets in his face and shoves him again. No reaction yet again. Dave gets in face again, and starting mouthing off to Steel as he slaps him across the face. Finally Steel reacts with a hard right hand. Dave gets up and charges Steel who clotheslines him down to the mat. Dave gets up and is quick to go tag in Karnage. Karnage comes in as Steel tries to pummel him but it is unsuccessful. Karnage shows off Steel, who just runs at him only to receive a hard clothesline. Steel is holding his throat as the ref checks to make sure he is okay. Karnage knocks the ref away and picks up Steel and hits him with a European uppercut. His whips Steel into the ropes, who ducks under a big boot and comes back at Karnage and catches him with a Lou Thesz press followed by repeated punches to the face. Steel backs off as Karnage makes it his feet and he looks very angry.He charges Steel and spears him. He goes for a cover...1...2....Steel kicks out.

Connor : That was a close one, this match was almost over and it just begun.

Cohen : Like I said, Steel and Show won't win.

Steel is attempting to crawl to his corner now as Karnage is quick to his feet and grabs Steel and brings him into the center of the ring. He locks on an ankle lock and begins wrenching on Steel's ankle. Steel is writhing in pain as Show looks on, anxious to get into the match. Big Dave jumps down from the apron and goes over to Show and trips him up off the apron. They begin brawling on the outside as Dave whips Show into the table on the outside. He picks a steel chair up from out of the crowd.

Connor : Oh no, he's not going to.....

He smashes the chair across Cougar's head as his body becomes lifeless and falls to the mat. The ref throws the match out as he sees the chairshot to the head. Karnage releases the ankle lock now, as Steel clenches his ankle in pain.

Anderson : The winners of the match, as a result of a disqualification, Trevor Steel and " Showtime " David Cougar!!

Connor : But wait, they aren't done yet.

Big Dave slides into the ring with the chair now as Karnage shows the referee out of the ring. Karnage directs Dave to bring Cougar into the ring. He goes to grab Show and digs under the ring and picks out a pair of handcuffs. He slaps the cuffs on Show's wrist and the other cuff to the ropes and slaps Show to make him conscious again. He goes to run at Dave, but suddenly realizes he's been handcuffed to the middle turnbuckle. He starts freaking out as Dave slaps him and just stares intently at him without a word spoken. He picks up the chair, and goes over to Steel who is being pummeled by Karnage. Karnage now gets up and allows Dave to inflict some damage. He begins violently smashing the chair into Trevor's ankle. Cougar screams out helplessly as Steel screams out in pain. Karnage picks up Steel, who can hardly stand, as Big Dave smashes the chair across Steel's face, busting him wide open. Karnage goes under the ring now and brings out a baseball bat. He points it at Show as he climbs into the ring and hits Show in the midsection, followed by repeated shots to the back. Show falls to his knees now as Dave goes to swing the chair at him again, but he decides against it and Karnage and Dave make their way up the ramp, laughing as they look on at the carnage in the ring as the show ends.

Who wrote what:

Showtime Cougar/Trevor Steel vs. Big Dave/Karnage - Super Crazy
CardiffCam vs. John Smith vs. Hammond - Blade
Corey Payne vs. Lars Reidar - Ty
Garth Black vs. Doug Crashin - Thunder Dave
Austin Reynolds vs. Chris Beckford - Showtime
Blade vs. Heavy Artillery - Phoenix

Big thank you to Super Crazy for helping us out when the original writing for the Main Event was lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back