Ascension 118 - Batti versus Callie Clark (Elite Championship)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The Elite Openweight Championship is defended by Batti for the very first time. Batti’s momentum has only increased since winning the title and the young lady has taken her spot at the apex of WZCW proudly. This week, Callie Clark steps up to the plate to challenge for the belt. Following a round one loss in the Gold Rush tournament, Callie was recognized as having the best performance of any losing talent and therefore was rewarded with the spot as number one contender. Is Batti going to have another reason to celebrate or will Callie Clark claim the ultimate accessory?

Deadline for RP submissions is Tuesday the 13th of June at 23:59PM.

Extensions are available on request.

Girls Day Out:

Backstage After Meltdown 140:

I was angry over losing to Eve, I thought I had her where I wanted her, but she beat me. My winning streak was over and I had lost my first singles match in WZCW. My hopes of becoming World Champion were dashed, and so were Gabi's. Our plans to make WZCW fabulous we're over, at least for now. I went into Gabi and I's locker room and kicked over a chair. I was furious, mainly at myself for not getting the job done but also at Eve for beating me, even though she didn't cheat to do it, she was simply the better woman tonight and that's not acceptable. Gabi saw me walk past her in the hall and a moment later, she walked into the locker room as I let out a scream of anger.

Gabi: Whoa Callie! Relax!

I look up at Gabi, she's giving me a look of serious concern. She's seen me angry before but she didn't quite get my anger this time based off the look on her face. I picked up the chair I kicked over and sat down on it as Gabi walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. She always did have a more level head than me.

Gabi: Why are you so mad sis? I know you lost but it was a good match, you put up a good fight but Eve was like, crazy on her game tonight.

I looked up at Gabi as she took her hand off my shoulder while waiting for an answer.

Callie: She ruined my moment! That was MY match to win, MY chance to shine, ugh! Like come on we all know she's just gonna choke again, she won't win the title! And the fact that I couldn't beat her just annoys me. I think the better question is why aren't YOU upset? Not only did you lose to Tastic but Keaton got involved in your match!

Gabi thought about it for a minute then shrugged.

Gabi: Who says I'm not upset? I would have loved to beat Tastic and shock the world, and Keaton needs to keep out of my way, but I know throwing a temper tantrum isn't gonna get me anywhere.

Gabi smirked after that comment, I looked at her and simply rolled my eyes. As much as I hate to admit it, she was right. I took a deep breath before slowly nodding in agreement, making Gabi's smirk get even bigger.

Callie: I guess you're right, we can't do anything to make WZCW a better place from here. The next big opportunity we get, we have to seize though.

Gabi cracks a smile at being told she's right and nods in agreement.

Gabi: Well yeah duh, those opportunities are going to come and when they do, we're totes gonna take advantage of them and continue to make Clark a legendary name around here. Now I've talked to Bates and he's arranged for us to meet up with him in the next city, and we have a surprise for you there.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion as I stood up.

Callie: Surprise? I don't like surprises....you know that.

Gabi chuckles as I continue to look confused.

Gabi: I know you don't, which makes it even more fun for me. But trust me girl, you'll like this one. Now come on, let's get out of this hell hole. I don't wanna spend any more time here than I have to.

I shook my head at the first part of what Gabi said, then nodded at the last part.

Callie: I couldn't agree more, let's get out of here before we risk catching something from this disgusting place.

We grabbed our bags and left the locker room, our totes amazing 5 star hotel was waiting for us and we needed a good night's sleep before we leave tomorrow.

4 Days Later: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia

Gabi and I were in our suite getting ready to head out for the day, I still didn't know what to expect, Gabi wouldn't say a word. Ugh. I looked at myself in the mirror as I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup.

Callie: You know, they really should have cast me over Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, that movie would have easily become the highest grossing movie of all-time. Don't you agree?

I looked over at Gabi as she was doing her eyeliner, she finished what she was doing then looked at me to see if I was serious.

Gabi: Hmm maybe, but I think the only way it could be the highest grossing movie of all-time was if I was cast as Wonder Woman. I mean no offense sis, but you might be a little.....little for the role.

Gabi smirked as she looked at me, my mouth agasp in shock. She did not just call me little.

Callie: How dare you! Don't make me hack your twitter cause I'll do it!

Gabi and I suddenly got cut off as we heard a knock on the door followed by a familiar voice calling out our names. Gabi rushed to the door as I finished doing my makeup, and a few moments later Bates entered the room, hugging Gabi as he did before walking over I to me and hugging me as well.

Bates: Hello girls, I trust everything is well? Outside of your losses in the Gold Rush Tournament of course.

We both nodded.

Callie: Outside of that, yes.

Gabi: Bates, I trust everything we planned for Callie's surprise is all set?

Bates pulled a piece of paper out of his coat jacket and looked it over while nodding. I tried to snatch the paper out of his hand, but Gabi slapped my hand away causing me to shoot her a shocked look.

Gabi: No ruining the surprise! Don't make me blindfold you!

I glared back at Gabi, knowing she was serious. As much as I don't like surprises and wanted to see what was on that paper, I'd have to wait. But that didn't stop me from rolling my eyes in annoyance.

Callie: Fine, but if you try to blindfold me I'm throwing away all your makeup!

Gabi: Then I'll just steal yours!

Bates cleared his throat loudly to cut us off after tucking the piece of paper back into his coat jacket.

Bates: Girls, can you save the fighting for later? We must get going if we're going to get to our first stop today.

Gabi looked at the clock at the wall and nodded in agreement.

Gabi: Oh yes you're right Bates, let's get going.

Gabi grabbed me by the arm and lead me out of the room, closing the door behind us. After pulling out of her grasp we followed Bates down to the lobby and out to the car waiting for us, a very luxurious sports car. We all piled into the car, Bates getting in the drivers seat. As he started pulling out of the parking lot, I rested my head against the headrest and took a moment to relax as I waited to see where the car was heading.

15 Minutes Later: A Local Nail Salon

My first surprise turned out to be a trip to the nail salon to get a mani pedi, a much needed surprise as kicking butt can cause your nails to get a little gritty and there's only so much a girl can do herself. I chose to get my nails done purple, Gabi chose blue. The mani was finished and it was onto the pedi as Gabi and I sat in the comfy chairs while the girls working did their job. Bates sat in one of the chairs in the waiting area reading the local newspaper as he waited for us to be done.

Gabi: So what do you think of the surprise day of relaxation sis?

I looked over at Gabi, who was looking back at me waiting for my answer. I gave her a friendly smile in response.

Callie: I don't like surprises but this was a good one, a chance to relax and it gives us a chance to really look our best before our next matches.

I looked over at Bates, he was totally focused on his newspaper.

Callie: Hey Bates are you sure we can't talk you into a manipedi too?

Gabi and I chuckled as Bates looked up from his newspaper and shook his head quickly.

Bates: Tempting offer miss Callie, but I'll pass thank you.

Gabi: Oh come on Bates you know you'd look totes cute with pink nails.

Gabi and I laughed again as Bates simply shook his head again. We turned our focus back to our own conversation so Bates could continue reading the paper.

Callie: So what else do you have in store for today?

Gabi: Well after this I was thinking we could go get massages, that'd really help us relax. And for later I paid off the hotel to close the pool to the public so we could enjoy it all to ourselves so we can swim and relax in the hot tub, whichever we prefer.

I nodded and smiled, I was really happy with Gabi's surprise. I know she has her own things going on too but for her to take the time to set this up to help me relax and take my mind off wrestling for a little while, it just proves she really is the best sister ever.

Callie: Well that sounds totes amazing, I'm kinda jealous I didn't think of setting this up myself.

Gabi shrugged as she looked at me.

Gabi: Probably because you were too busy throwing a temper tantrum. Plus you know, I'm just smarter than you.

Gabi grinned and chuckled, I rolled my eyes and laughed as my phone buzzed on the chair arm next to me. With my nails finally dry I picked up my phone and saw it was a notification from WZCW.com, announcing the matches for this coming week. I scrolled through the match list and raised an eyebrow at Gabi having to team with Keaton, that should be interesting. Then I saw it, I was facing Batti, the Elite Championship on the line. I was a little surprised considering my loss against Eve, but then I realized who better to have a title shot?

Gabi: Whats with the look on your face girl?

I reached over to show her my phone, she looked over and saw our matches for the week. Her eyebrow went up in surprise, hopefully at her match.

Gabi: I have to team with Keaton!? Ugh! He better apologize for getting involved in my match against Tastic if he expects me to work with him!

I nodded in agreement as I pulled my phone back and put it back on the arm rest. Gabi started saying something else about Keaton but I had to cut her off, I think she missed the bigger news.

Callie: Um not to be rude sis, but there's bigger news here. I have a chance to become the Elite Champion! Can we please focus on that now and Keaton later?

Gabi wanted to protest, but I gave her the puppy dog eyes I was a master of, she never was able to say no when I did them.

Gabi; Ughhhh fine, let's discuss it then, this is a huge opportunity. It's a little ironic though isn't it? I mean we totes used Batti when we first got here to help make a name for ourselves, now you get to get your name in the record books by beating that little weirdo.

I laughed and nodded, we were new back at Kingdom Come and stuck on the pre show, we needed to get noticed and Batti was good for that. If she had listened to us and actually done a good prank maybe she could have really been our bestie, but she didn't and she's not.

Callie: I know! I'm a little surprised she even managed to beat Xander to get the title in the first place, but I guess that just means she's better at wrestling than she is pranks. But she won't know what to expect when she gets in the ring with me, she probably thinks we're actually her friends, but I'll have no issue beating her just like I did Wren and Yemrez multiple times. She can try all the childish games she wants, I'll greet them with a punch to the face and a kick to the stomach.

I smirked, then looked down and saw that the girl doing my pedicure was painting my toenails light purple instead of dark purple, oh hell no.

Callie: Hey! I said dark purple not light purple you idiot! You better remove that and start again with the right color! And for wasting my precious time you'll do it free unless you want this place to be trashed online!

The girl apologized and promised to fix it as she grabbed the nail polish remover and I shook my head in disgust at her before turning my attention back to Gabi.

Callie: The Cinderella story of Batti with all the sunshine and rainbows is coming to an end this week on Ascension. The fact of the matter is Batti isn't worthy of a championship, never mind an ELITE Championship as she's not elite in any possible way. You and I, we are elite in the ring and in life. It seems only fitting that the championship becomes mine doesn't it?

Gabi thought for a moment then nodded in agreement as a smile crossed her face.

Gabi: You're totes right, like sure Batti has some fans and isn't bad in the ring but is she going to bring in the thousands of fans we do? Is she going to do anything as champion to make WZCW a better place like you will? Is she going to be a name worth having in the record books like Callie Clark will be?

Before Gabi could keep talking, I quickly shook my head while keeping an eye on the nail girl, making sure she didn't mess up this time. I won't be afraid to throw a kick at her if she does.

Callie: Obviously the answers are all no to that. Batti can't even be her real self, she has to hide behind that stupid weeaboo stuff, I mean we might wear costumes but we don't think we're someone else, we are the best cosplayers in the world, the two fastest rising stars in professional wrestling, and most importantly two future champions. Batti isn't even a good role model to all the little girls watching the show, they see her and they think there's some fantasy world full of rainbows and sunshine and unicorns and the clouds are made of cotton candy. But me? I keep it real, I stay true to myself and even though I don't even like kids, I'd make a great role model to all the snot nose little jerks watching the show. Batti is in for a world of pain on Ascension and she's gonna be left crying on the mat while I leave the brand new Elite Champion.

Gabi and I shared a laugh at the thought of me standing over a crying Batti with her championship in my hand. I know deep down that Batti isn't just some fan, she's a good competitor and it's going to be a fight to get the championship off her. But I'm going to teach her that in the real world there's not always a happy ending to the story, good doesn't always beat evil, and that winning a title in a fluke upset doesn't make you championship material. Eye dab on her.

____________________❤____________________

The Japanese steakhouse was in the middle of its busiest hour. Rows of customers fresh off from work casually talked to their families around the grills. Their hibachi chef nodded and did tricks with their spatulas for entertainment.

Batti Otaku had dressed up for the occasion - a muted pink and flowery kimono, her blonde hair tied up in a clean bun. It was not often her boyfriend took her out to dinner, but tonight was a special occasion. Tonight she would be defending her title for the first time.

As the Elite Openweight Champion pushed her wheelchair-bound beau into the restaurant, she asked the waiter for an easily accessible table. Ramparte kept quiet, letting her carry him over to a corner of the room. When asked if they wanted to eat hibachi, Batti piped up cheerfully.

"Just us, please. And we'd like some sake."

The waiter nodded and gave them menus. Batti stared wide-eyed at the list of sushi. Ramparte didn't look at his own, instead he stared at her.

"November 11th, 2015," he said, getting her attention. "That was the day that I met you. It has been a year and a half now since you've come into my life as a maid. Who knew we would be like this in 2017."

"It's been an adventure!" she cried, bouncing in her seat.

"Yeah. And now you get to face Callie Clark as a champion."

"Uh-Huh. Wink, Inc eye dab on em."

Ramparte looked at her questioningly, but let it go. The waiter was back with their drinks. After they ordered their entrées, he raised his cup for a toast.

"Here's to you, kid. May you be champion longer than Titus Avison."

"Thank you baby. It means a bunch to me."

Otaku sipped at her sake, and made a face at the bitterness. Ramparte placed it to his lips, but didn't drink. He sat the cup down, and cleared his throat.

"We came here to unwind, I know. Can't even remember the last time we went out on a date. But I can't help but to think about your title defense. Callie Clark came in as part of a tag team, right? Must have been a blow to her ego finding out that the Tag Team Championship was retired. I know it bothered me."

Batti nodded thoughtfully, and slurped from her cup. "Yesh. But she has a massive following on Social Media. I'm sure she's okay now. I really hate Social Media lately..."

"Oh?"

"Mmhm. People have said mean things about me there. I don't know what I did to them for them to hate me. Ever since I won the belt, they've turned on ol' Bat."

"I'm sorry to hear that, hon. What an awful thing to do."

Ramparte pretended to drink again. Batti drained her cup, and asked for another one.

"Meh. I know I'm not for everybody. And at least I have you. You're kind, and patient with me. God I don't deserve someone like you," she bit her lip. Ramparte waved her off.

"You're tipsy, little lady."

"Nuuu I mean it! I'm clumsy with words and a bit clueless sometimes. I am not Eve Taylor or Kagura or even The Clark Sisters. It's taken a lot to make me feel confident in the ring. I could not have done that without you, Rammikun. You're the meeaning to my life. You're the inspiratioooon."

She giggled, and drained another cup. The waiter was back with their fish.

"Excuse me," a voice behind her prodded, "I couldn't help but overhear you are that champion chick who faces Callie tonight. Must be exciting."

Batti stuffed her face. "I am! This is my first defense. I am totally all jitters right now. It'll be off the hook."

"I meant it must be exciting to meet her. She's an internet icon," the woman replied.

"Oh. Well umm we get along very well behind the scenes. We partied at Kingdom Come-"

"Ell-oh-ell what? She parties with You? Aren't you the green ditz WZCW gave a title to?"

Ramparte stifled himself, but rested a hand on the back of Batti's. The blonde turned red.

"Excuse me? Lady I don't know who you are, but my company doesn't just give things away. I earned my title by beating Xander LeBelle, and I'm gonna prove it by retaining it later tonight!"

The girl, no older than 19, giggled and waved an Android phone in her face.

"I recorded your outburst. I'm gonna get hella hits on Youtube."

"Outburst? Recorded? You can't just videotape people like that without permission. Please delete it."

The woman scoffed. "Free country, and nobody says videotape anymore. God for a girl obsessed with pop culture, you don't keep up with the times. Can't wait to see Callie Clark take the gold from you. Fans need a superstar they can relate to. One that posts on Instagram and Twitter every day and actually has a Social Media presence. Seriously, what do you have? A subscription to Crunchyroll?"

"The fuck is a Crunchyroll?" Ramparte asked.

"Look Kardashian, I have just about had enough of people leaving me hate mail, recording me without my permission, and outright blasting me for doing my job. I don't care if you're Callie Clark's biggest fan. That's cool. She's a neat person, I know her personally. But just because I don't post on Facebook everyday doesn't mean I don't love the fans I have. You have no right coming at me with your bullshit. I don't know you. Leave me alone."

"Callie Clark would accept any wrestling fan-"

"I'M NOT CALLIE CLARK!"

Batti rose from her seat and stared daggers at the young girl. Her face was scarlet, and her eyes were black and dilated. The hairs on the back of Ramparte's neck stood on end as he sat uncomfortably with the rest of the steakhouse's occupants. Some had also turned to recording their conversation from phones.

She raised her voice.

"I'm Beatrice Otaku. Batti for short. I had little to no experience when I first came to WZCW, it's true. Some say I'm still a mess in the ring. That's their opinion. But the fact is I am the Elite Openweight Champion, and I didn't become it by accident. I will prove it to you and every bakka bitch in this place that's recording me.

I like Callie Clark. She reminds me of me. But I don't need Likes or Reblogs to feel vindicated. Callie is sweet and funny away from the public eye. She's my friend. But when the cameras roll, Callie Clark is a rich, shallow girl who dresses up like people more popular than her for Views. She's afraid to be herself 'cuz y'all would demean her for it. This bubble is everything that is wrong with the internet generation, that-that has bred this callous, apathetic worldview where a girl can't live her dream as a champion without a horde of petulant know-nothings shitting all over it! Seriously, when did wrestling become high art? This sport is fun and exciting and silly. Fans should get together and fangirl over their favorites without a group of assholes coming in to tell them how they're wrong for liking things. People have to hide who they are so they can feel accepted. But I'm not gonna be like that. I'm my own person, and yeah I can be annoying and sensitive and weird but I am still me, not someone you want me to be. So fuck you and your selfie!"

Batti took a deep breath. It had all gotten to her. The culture. The fans. Everything that had made Callie Clark a monster for fame. The 19 year old quietly put her phone away as their waiter came by.

"I must beat her...must prove that I'm not a fluke."

The waiter's face said it all. He politely asked for Batti and Ramparte to leave.

Without another word, Batti started to push Ramparte away from the table.

"Hold on, love," he said assertively. "I need to leave a tip. Go ahead and head to the car."

Through silent tears, she nodded and walked out of the restaurant. As he flipped through his wallet, he produced a fifty dollar bill. He handed it to the woman who riled Batti up.

"Here, as promised. That was a great performance. You should look into acting."

She smiled, and eyed him flirtatiously.

"So should you."

____________________❤____________________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members