Arn Anderson as Manager - Bring back the horsemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkydr79

Occasional Pre-Show
So it was posted today that the WWE is considering bringing Arn Anderson over to the other side of the curtain to be a manager. What do people think of bringing back the horsemen? Bear in mind, I don't necessarily mean the horsemen name but that type of stable. I would say Evolution was essentially the Horsemen with another name?

If they were to bring it back, who would you put in it? I classify the horsemen formula as needing four individuals (+1 manager) who embodies one or more of the following characteristics:

The Superstar (Flair)
The Rookie/Up-and-Comer (Tully, Sting, Barry W., Luger)
The Technician/ (Ole, Tully)
The Enforcer (Arn)
The Manager (J.J.)

Using these types, and figuring Arn as manager, who on the current WWE Roster would you put in this stable.

will not happen with Flair doing Fortune and building four TNA stars. WWE isn't going to rehash this when all TNA does is rehash. Instead, an Evolution stable would work - but using a guy to get a group over similar to the Four Horseman is lame right now. Maybe in a year when Fortune dies.

will not happen with Flair doing Fortune and building four TNA stars. WWE isn't going to rehash this when all TNA does is rehash. Instead, an Evolution stable would work - but using a guy to get a group over similar to the Four Horseman is lame right now. Maybe in a year when Fortune dies.

Damn, you beat me to it. There is one thing though, Everything is a rehash in wrestling because its been around for so long that you can't possibly expect something new especially in this day in age.

The major problem i have with this, is lack of talent credible to do something like this again. Evolution worked because you had HHH and Flair behind the idea. Don't get me wrong Arn Anderson is as good as Flair is, but who will be the HHH in the group. Except for Punk there is no heel that can lead a faction like this, and Punk is already leading The New Nexus so...

The Superstar (The Miz)
The Rookie/Up-and-Comer (Dolph Ziggler)
The Technician/ (Jack Swagger)
The Enforcer (Sheamus)
The Manager (Arn Anderson)

On second thought, this might not be a good template for this combination of Superstars to follow. They might be better of going with a Main Event Mafia / Frontline combination consisting of former World Champions but being all young guns. They would be better led by Jericho or Cole and Vicki.

Back to the drawing board.

i don't think they will do it because all the kids who watch wwe won't have a clue (or give a shit) about the four horseman.

I agree, with fortune being such a prominent part of TNA, WWE won't go along those same lines with a similar 4 horsemen type group, although Fortune really is a collection of the best of TNA hands down.

If any group based Idea should be pushed right now, my opinion is pointing toward a Nation of Domination.

Same idea as Horsemen when you think about it.

Vet/Mouth - Teddy Long/Whoever
Rookie - I know he's not a rookie or in WWE but Elijah Burke (pope)
Enforcer - Mark Henry
Big mouthed Guy - R Truth

I would Prefer having Teddy Long come to Raw and try to convince R Truth that his talents would be best used on Smackdown. Have R Truth come over and join with Mark Henry, I would say Zeke but he is on the way out of a group. You need at least one more guy. Have Truth build up a new guy, either bring in someone fresh or bring back Burke as the rook. With Teddy Long as the "manager", we would have a lot more power behind the group than we would have with an Arn Anderson type. Plus they could even invade Raw if needed. Could be fun, but this idea has been kicked around a lot. I know I rambled a bit but this is my response to making a new four horsemen.

I am all for bringing in Arn Anderson as a manager of some sort but for god sakes its time to stop remaking things that worked in the past and try new things.

I am a huge Horsemen fan (and quite the Tully mark if I may say so) but every idea i hear is bring back this group, bring back that group its time to stop remaking things that worked in the 80's and think of some new stuff. You might as well just watch old tapes of the Horsemen because you will NEVER recreate something as awesome as the Horsemen, the most you will get is a mid card faction at most.

I love Anderson and love the fact that they are bringing in managers as mouth pieces but if Anderson should be a manager make him a manager for someone like Daniel Bryan. Anderson would be a perfect manager for Bryan.

This would be the closest...King Patrick i think comes close here with what would be doable.

The Superstar (The Miz)
The Rookie/Up-and-Comer (Dolph Ziggler)
The Technician/ (Jack Swagger)
The Enforcer (Sheamus)

Now...the "superstar" is a hard one to break into. Its a very difficult one to get right as that person HAS to be incredibly over and has to have been for years. Over being not neccessarily getting pops but getting heat if they need to.

Punk is closest there but has had too many poor groups lately. I'd keep him AWAY.

The Superstar (The Miz)
The Rookie/Up-and-Comer (Luke from Tough Enough)
The Technician/ (Chris Masters)
The Enforcer (Mason Ryan)

Okay reasons for this.
The Miz IS getting over and this would get him more so. Im not sure if he COULD run a group though so maybe Alberto is a better choice there.

Luke from Tough enough as the up and comer. Wasnt Orton pretty much hired into the Evolution angle? Hire Luke in. They're high on him in Tough Enough. This would be PERFECT for him.

Technical guy - Masters. This would be a BRILLIANT push for Masters who REALLY DOES deserve it.

Enforcer - Mason Ryan who was BUILT for this role. That way we get over 3 guys from it.

And then the manager, Arn, who would OBVIOUSLY be the main talking point of the group for a long time.

I dont know if they would do anything like this because of TNA but...those are my choices.

i don't think they will do it because all the kids who watch wwe won't have a clue (or give a shit) about the four horseman.

You said what I was thinking as well.

No screaming kiddie fan of John Cena nor anyone who buys his fruit-loops-colored merchandise has the faintest idea who the Four Horsemen were. nor do they care. They're only interested in "you can't see me".

Hell, most people in general have very little idea what happened 2 years ago, much less 20 years ago.

no no no no no horrible horrible horrible. they should never and will never do a version of this because as 10 ppl already said it will never be done with flair in tna. and for some people to give ideas on the miz being the top role like flair makes my head want to explode. you need the best wrestler in the world and Randy is too busy being the viper. i love the idea of A.A being a manager and hopefully they put him with someone who can flat out wrestler and bring the pain, just like the enforcer did. but to have them try another horsemen after only 3 of 12 versions were good from before...horrid idea. let it be.

I wouldn't want to see the horsemen back but instead have Arn manage a future superstar. I can see him managing someone like Chris Masters. Chris has potential. With Arn by his side I can see him rising to the top and getting away from his boobs bopping up and down gimmick. The Chris Masters that first debuted was a real master piece. Arn can mold him to what he truly is.

I think Arne Anderson would be better put with just one guy, say Swagger. Have Anderson cut a promo in the ring with another legend, then have Anderson low blow the other legend and join in with Swagger in beating them down. Arne Anderson could put over Swagger as a great young talent who has more potential than anyone else in the business at the moment.

Keep them together for a while until Swagger holds a major championship then slowly reveal that Anderson just wanted to experience some glory for himself once more in his career. Swagger turns face and is built up as a major main eventer.

Stables and Title belts from the past should stay in the past. Arn Anderson would make a great manager, but there is no need what so ever to reform the Four Horsemen in the WWE. TNA currently has Fortune, the WWE has had Evolution, the Legacy, the Nexus, the New Nexus, and the Corre all within the past 5 years, and out of those 5 groups only one was really successful as a stable, Evolution.

Bringing back Managers is a great idea because it would help some of the younger guys who are terrible on the mic and at getting a face or heel pop get over. Micheal Hays made people care about the Hardy Boys back in the Attitude Era, Paul Heyman made Brock Lesner the monstrous force that he was in the WWE. Vince made Lesner and even bigger monster when he took on the role for a brief time period. Paul Bearer added to the Undertaker years ago to help push his stories and feuds.

Placing someone like Swagger with Cole helped Swagger get some much needed heel heat, because lets face it he was/is stale. Hard to believe just over a year ago he was WHC on Smackdown. If he would of be paired up with Cole at that time he could of had a better run as champ, with Cole constantly talking him into a corner and getting him involved in angles/matches he didn't want. This pairing works

The WWE should pair Morrison with someone so they can talk for him, since hes one of the worst on the mic in the WWE right now.

IF anyone in the WWE should lead a stable it should be Vicki. Vicki works well for Dolph to get him heat from the crowd, and her helping him win matches in underhanded ways in the past also helped them both gain heat. Imagine if you put an upper middle carder and a tag team under her wing. Have her manage the guys, get involved in their stories, cut their promos and help them win matches. She may not be the easiest thing on the eyes, but she gets more heat, and can cut a better promo than 90% of the roster.

It just does'nt work without Flair, When you think 4 horseman you think Flair, so for me it just wont work, plus I don't think there are any four people on the WWE roster that would fit that type of mold to start a new 4 horseman stable.

I can see AA being someones manager, maybe Mcgillicutty, or Chris Masters, I think they could really benifit frome someone like AA helping them out, may be Debiase jr even.

I love Anderson and love the fact that they are bringing in managers as mouth pieces but if Anderson should be a manager make him a manager for someone like Daniel Bryan. Anderson would be a perfect manager for Bryan.

I really like that idea, I think Bryan needs a manager badly. He can't talk and to make it to the top in WWE you need to be able to cut promos. Working with a guy like Double A would only be good for Bryan and could help push him to the next level.

But bring back the Horseman? Without Naitch? Come on now, don't be silly. It would never in a million years work. The Four Horsemen were the cream of the crop, the elite in professional wrestling. It would simply not work today, there are not the superstars available that you would need to make a faction like the Horsemen work.

Evolution was basically a modern day Horsemen, but it DID feature Flair as well as Triple H, who was the best in the business, as well as 2 sure-fire main eventers. The only superstar I could see taking on the Ric Flair role in a new Horsemen would be Jericho, but apart from that it would not work. Who would be the Tully and Arn tag team? Who would be the Enforcer? Please God, do not say Mark Henry or Mason Ryan! Sheamus? No, I'm not feeling an Irishmen in the Horsemen, it wouldn't work.

The idea of a 2011 version of The Horsemen is cool, I would love to hear that ring music one more time, but it simply wouldn't work, and wouldn't have any effect on the young fans, they would have no idea who the Horsemen were and what they stand for.

Problem is, will they even know who Arn Anderson is? It would be a crying shame if he got no reaction. Once he spinebusters some young punk they will know who he is.

****4 Horsemen hand signal****

WOOOOO!

Arn Anderson as manager? Yes
Bringing back the 4 Horsemen? No

The 4 Horsemen are a legendary group that cannot be nor should they be duplicated.

Arn Anderson as manager? Yes
Bringing back the 4 Horsemen? No

The 4 Horsemen are a legendary group that cannot be nor should they be duplicated.

Wholeheartedly agree!!!

Arn would be an amazing manager,a brilliant mouthpiece!!

Trying to repilcate the 4 horsemen is a bad idea,That was a case of the right guys at the right time,lightning struck!

LOL sorry, but to the people who say "the Horsemen shouldn't be rehashed" and are the same people who say TNA has fortune and WWE wouldn't wanna copy it....well....the Horsemen were rehashed AS Fourtune! lol come on now, don't be too hypocritical on that front.

it'd be a great idea. like someone mentioned, WWE had their version of the Horsemen as Evolution. it doesn't have to be the Horsemen, but hey, even if they do it, they have the rights to the name so the 4 Horsemen would basically water down any influence of originality Fourtune tries to do because you know WWE is gonna rename them "The New Horsemen" and play clips of the old stuff, thus making it their own idea, not TNA's.

would WWE do it? in a heartbeat! if you don't think Vince would take this shot at Flair for leaving after retiring to work for TNA, then this must not be the same Vince McMahon that now hates Chyna for getting a job in TNA. Flair was the face of the Horsemen, Anderson was the soul of the Horsemen. you can always put a superstar to be the face of it, but if you have the soul, you can do it. there's no wonder why JR kept "getting goosebumps" for the Horsemen when Arn Anderson would be appearing on WWE TV.

also as someone mentioned, wrestling isn't original. everything is rehashed (from Billy Graham to Hulk Hogan, from Sandman to Steve Austin, to the Horsemen then the nWo then DX, etc. etc.). WWE isn't aiming this to us, which would make us see it as a rip off. WWE is aiming it at the kids, which would be original for them.

Don't call it "The Four Horsemen", but the basic four person stable has, and can work. Look at Evolution, DX c 1998, The Nation... Four person stable have enough people to work like a gang, but not so many that people get lost (nWo)... And the MUST be heels, so, here's my list

The Miz - WHC (main star)
Daniel Bryan - IC/US (technical, upper mid-card)
Mason Ryan - Tag Team Champion (power house "enforcer")
Justin Gabriel - Tag Team Champion (high flyer to compliment Ryan's Power)
Michael Cole - manager (because let's face it, he can never be seen as "just" an announcer anymore)

Just please, for the love of all that's good in the world, DON'T call it the Colemine...

I'm as old school as it gets on these forums...but no, do not bring back any more old stables. It's time to move on and be original. I like the idea of the Colemine stable and I think they can make it work if they do it right.

Being a "manager" in the WWE is a lost art. They have been replaced by divas and that is one thing I would like the WWE to bring back, but not a specific group or stable. Michael Cole as the manager and leader of the Colemine with Miz, Riley, Swagger and McIntyre is the best group they can make right now.

Wrestling needs managers/valets back fullstop. They were a major part of the biz and really added to the wrestlers/stables.

Gotta get the right people for the job though. Need to find a new heenan and a new sherri to name a few.

I like the idea of Arn as a manager. He is one of my favorite all time wrestlers. I could see him being a great help to someone like Joe Hennig (Michael McGillicutty, ughhhhhh).

Arn could do for him what Harley Race helped do for Vader early on. Vader obviously needed less help b/c of his monster size and shear brutality.

I would hope that Arn is still relevant. I know that younger viewers may have no idea who he is. WWE might have to spend some time on video packages and promos that could reintroduce to this generation of viewers.

I know that Arn does a lot behind the scenes, but WWE could get even more out of him.

As for bringing back the Horsemen...no thank you. I do not want my memories of the greatest faction of all time tarnished by an updated version that proves to be an abortion compared to the original.

Oh I don't know.. I really like the idea of Arn forming a new Horsemen with some young guys to get them over. Sure, TNA is kind of doing that with Fortune but since the WWE doesn't even bat an eyelash at them... Why not?

My idea for a good 4 Horsemen that could get some guys over...

Arn: Manager

Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Jack Swagger
David Hart Smith

This would get Ziggler away from Vickie and allow him to get his own heat AND keep him heel.

It would also get McIntyre off of friggin' Superstars (or whatever) and give Swagger something to do that doesn't involve Cole. The only one I'm iffy on is DHS but that's mostly because I know next to nothing about the guy. Mason Ryan would actually be the perfect enforcer... but... He's busy.

Make it happen.

I would LOVE to see Arn Anderson return. Watching his old promos on youtube brings back great memories. He's excellent on the mic.

Sadly, if he gets a stable together, they'll automatically link it to the Horsemen. With Impact Wrestling doing their own Horsemen stable, it may not be a good idea for WWE to do that.

Sticking Arn with 1 or 2 guys works. I don't know who he would be good managing. I'd love to see him manage Michael McGillicutty but that won't happen lol. Whoever it is will benefit from his presence, A LOT

I'd love to see Double A have an onscreen role as a manager. According to what's being reported, the WWE is considering reviving the heel manager role for some wrestlers on the roster that have talent inside the ring but just really aren't able to get it done on the mic.

As far as another Four Horsemen group, I'm not sure I like the sound of the idea. For one thing, a huge portion of the IWC hates anything WWE does and, to many of them, the WWE trying to start up the Four Horsemen would be sacrilage. It could be a great thing IF they were able to put the right guys in the right spot. However, at the same time, one reason why the original line up worked was because you had the right combination of up & coming young guys with established stars that were all able to play their roles to about as close to perfection as you can get.

Having Arn Anderson as the manager of the group, a link to the past and the origin of the Four Horsemen in and of itself & a guy that many people consider to be the heart of the group, would be a nice touch. Just on a lark, here's who I think would be a good but diverse line up.

The Miz - The Miz is someone that would fit in with a new incarnation of the Four Horsemen. He has the arrogance, the confidence and it's obvious that he's going to be a long term main event talent in the WWE.

Christian - Christian is sort of that jack of all trades that can be useful to any group. Maybe change his look a bit to something a little more clean cut. He's a veteran with tremendous success as both a singles & tag team wrestler.

Sheamus - I could see Sheamus in an "Enforcer" type of role. He can do the ground & pound bit and there's more than one time in which I've seen Sheamus pick out a certain body part and work on it constantly through matches. It has reminded me a lot of Arn Anderson. Also, Sheamus has size and power on his side.

Daniel Bryan - I've seen Daniel Bryan cut a few promos in the WWE back during NXT and he can talk on the mic if given a chance. I can definitely see him as the technician of such a group that can change it up with enough high spots to keep things nice and balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back