Are We Witnessing The End Of Miz & Morrison?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
It seems like the split of the biggest tag team since the big three feuded, is finally under way. On Monday's RAW, they were involved in a triple threat qualifier for the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. There was no need for it to be a triple threat. They could've eliminated Miz and Morrison in separate matches.

During the match, they mostly double-teamed Punk. There was one spot where Morrison went for a Shooting Star Press onto a prone Punk, but Punk moved and he landed on Miz. I didn't think of it much then. Then, while Punk was out of the ring, Miz got a quick roll-up cover, but Morrison was able to kick out. Then, there was a few awkward seconds. They stared at each other, then the briefcase, and then back at each other. They went at it pretty good, and Miz looked to be set for the upset until Punk stole Morrison off his shoulders, knocked him out, and hit the GTS on Morrison for the win.

When they stared at the case, it was almost as if they were both thinking "Nothing personal, this is for a bigger prize", but you never know what's going on in the head of creative these days. I think it means they'll split soon, and possibly in time to have a big face-off at WrestleMania, if not sooner.

We've all seen it coming. There's no hint as to who would be the face, or who would be the heel, but it looks to be coming soon.

No I don't think the split will be coming soon. I recall a recent edition of ECW that Morrison pinned Miz to win a match & nothing came of it. If anything I think that Miz & Morrison's plans for Wrestlemania are gonna involve The Colons, both tag team titles & those hot Bella Twins.

Splitting them would be a very bad idea, as they're pretty much the best tag team WWE has. It will eventually happen, but not until either Morrisson or the Miz (most probably the former) has been sufficiently built up as a solo performer, which is not the case right now.

So I think their team will last for quite some time :)

nah, not yet. when they lost their titles to hawkins and rider (btw, have not heard of those guys for a while) i thought they would split. several weeks ago, when morrison pinned miz i thought they'd split. after that, there even was a short segment on ecw after the bell where miz acted pissed off, but that was it.

maybe there will be an incident at the actual mitb match which leads to a split up but by now i don't see it happen.

They're definately not going to split until after 'Mania anyway, cause I think they're keeping Miz n Morrisson out of MitB so they can be put in a tag title unification match against the Colons.

They won't split up until Morrisson is ready to be elevated to Main Event level, which might not happen until next year's MitB, which I'm thinking Morrisson might win.

At first I predicted Morrison to break out and become a main eventer, and Miz to be a solid mid-carder, but now I think that for the time being they should stay a team. It DOES seem like the WWE is hinting towards a break up, but it's subtle and I think the team will get through it. If anything it makes the team stronger to get into situations where they are fighting and still make it through. For now it seems like they will be doing something with the Colons, which will be good. So I think someday Morrison and Miz will split, but for now they are together to stay.

I think as far as WrestleMania goes, Morrison and Miz will either STILL be in the MITB or they'll be in a tag team unification match with The Colons. I'd much prefer Morrison winning the MITB over the tag team option, though.

And as far as breaking them up, I don't think they will. The more it seems like they're gonna break up, the less it ends up happening. They end up becoming stronger in the process. I could see this potentially leading towards Morrison beating Punk (similar to Punk beating Jericho in the last few seconds) during the MITB match with the help of Miz to win the briefcase, and then Punk starts a program with Miz over his IC title, with Morrison helping Miz win that. They always seem to follow a Morrison/Miz split with them looking even better, so I think the same thing is going to happen this time around as well. These two could very well become the next HHH/HBK type of tag team, where they have a feud now and then but they're constantly linked together and could team up at any time just for friendly mementos and such.

I hope these two will split up but I don't think that is going to happen. Because it's too soon. These two are no way near being a good singles competitor. It's not like the mid-carders of Raw are, in fact they don't even have half of the talent these two posses but aside that I think if the WWE will ever let these two split up they want the Miz and Morrison to be prepared. Besides there is absolute little to none build up towards some kind of angle between them and M&M are still involved with the Primo and Carlito angle. So I agree with NoFate007 that these guys will face P&C for a Tag Team Unification match at Wrestlemania. For now I can't predict when M&M is going to split up, because there are so many problems both need to fix about their character. These two make eachother shine so much that they need to learn how to do it for themselves. Either way when they split up I hope there's going to be a good storyline in the making.

Did you honestly suggest a Miz vs Morrison match as a potential Wrestlemania match? No way in hell.

They're not gonna break up anytime soon, they ARE the WWE Tag Team Division, and are most likely on the way to becoming the WWE's Undisupted Tag Team Champions. However, I wish they would break up so Morrison could focus on his singles career but it looks like they will remain together for quite some time.

Miz n Morrison are 1 of the reasons i watch RAW ever week. When there not on RAW just isnt as good. The both of them have grown so much since they debuted its crazy. Morrison went from being a idiot stuck with a loser of a partner in Joey Mercury to being John Morrison future main event player. Miz went from being a MTV Real World reject to a damn good wrestler who is part of the best team in the WWE since the big 3. Splitting them up now would be incredibly dumb. Right now they both need each other. Next year they may break up as they both have more time so hone there skills.

Yeah,I gotta admit,for one of the few established tag teams with gimmick,team name & webshow,WWE arent slow in pitting these two against each other.
I dont think it,ll happen just yet but you KnoW how its gonna end,one lost match too many,a post match shoving contest occurs ,a tag team ending feud,finishing at a ,PPV.One becomes a title look in (Im going for John-surprise),the other,a mid card jobber (guess who).
In modern WWE terms .DirtSheet seam to have been together for YearS.They wont split yet,but it,ll happen.

I truly believe that the end is nigh for Miz and Morrison, largely due to the fact that there was absolutely no point to them both getting beat by Punk otherwise. If they had made it look like 2 on 1 for the whole match, then it would have done, but it didn't. Factor in the fact that the Dirt Sheet is flogging a dead horse, and that there are hardly any tag teams for them to defend their titles against apart from Racial Stereotyme, now that Legacy appear to just be backing up Orton instead of fighting.

I think at some point, possibly even before 'mania, there will be a pay off to their feud with the Colons which wil involve unfying the titles. The Colons will win, prompting Miz and Morrison to be at each other's throats. Both men will be in the MITB, and Morrison will win it after doing something well out of order to Miz, like trapping him in a ladder or something.

Morrison will be drafted, but they will then feud over the briefcase, with Morrison going over Miz at Backlash. Morrison will then do the usual money in the bank things, whilst Miz goes back to ECW and enters the ECW title picture, which I anticipate will have lost Swagger in the draft.

These two are no way near being a good singles competitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIoprbP_Ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmDeze0yQPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVj89SlJpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyb6OwjWi6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCbCZTMMGEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGVvgf5k7w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfuqombjTmU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YL7sHWXag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ZfFc4MCcc

What the fuck are you talking about? Here, I just gave examples of Morrison truly shining, and in some examples facing people considered to be "good singles competitors" like Cena (lol) and Batista (lol) and he completely out-performed them, too. Especially loving his MITB match's competency.

I'm surprised that even some people say Morrison's not good enough to break out on his own; you all probably started watching him yesterday or from his tag-team period's matches which you can understand being mediocre versus his singles matches.

Really, watch those and tell me once again he's not good enough to be a single's competitor. And if you do then I'll happily remain ignorant in your eyes, 'cause as far as I'm concerned he has it all to transcend to main event status whenever WWE deems his character is built up enough. We wouldn't want the CM Punk effect.

--Heck, even under Punk's circumstances I'm sure Morrison would supersede the quality of the reign.

The problem for me is not WHEN Miz and Morrison will break up, more HOW Miz and Morrison break up. The majority of tag teams are broken up by mis-communications (examples: Deuce N' Domino, Cade and Murdoch, just to name a few). I'm hoping that Miz and Morrison will break up while they are still friends and split without any animosity between the two. Afterwards, they could be on seperate brands, but during pay per views or house shows, they could have comedic segments or something like that. As for when they'll split, I was thinking they would split still as the champs, but each would get drafted in the upcoming draft. But now, I'm not too sure... only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back