Are "WE THE PEOPLE" set to go to war with the Rusev Uprising?

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
Big E is having a match with Jack Swagger on Smackdown. Lana comes out speaking her Pro Russian, Anti-American rhetoric to antagonize Rusev's last major rival. Zeb Colter appears to be the one who is most bothered by the impromptu promo. Colter gets on the stage and tells Lana to beat it in very animated fashion as she gives him a dirty scowl of an expression and walks away.

Now I was very critical of Zeb Colter when he came on the scene and started being a mouth piece for Jack Swagger. I thought the racial undertones that the WWE was using were not a favourable way to go and if they could avoid that they should. I also couldn't help myself for saying "We The People". It just a fun thing to say. What I like the most about what transpired on Smackdown is, if Colter and Swagger have a issue with Lana and Rusev and Swagger changes face, it will be a very clever way for the WWE to do so. So often a face goes heel or a heel turning into a fan favourite and we're left scratching or heads or asking Why did you do it? But on this situation an explanation is not needed. Colter is a patriot he loves his country, his promos may dance on that line of racial intolerance and sometimes he may step over a little but you can't argue the man has deep passion for his native country. When someone like Lana comes out during one of Swagger's matches to speaking a foreign language he will take exception to that. It totally makes sense.

If WWE is planting the seeds for a Rusev vs Swagger feud, I say well done and very smooth execution. American fans will love it, it help give momentum to a talent like Swagger, Rusev's climb to the top and will we give them a new reason to have fun and say that slogan loud and proud....WE THE PEOPLE!

I had rallied for this as I felt Swagger needed a much better program than was delt to him. Plus I much rather him compete against Swagger who has somewhat of the right gimmick to go against Rusev then John Cena. With a potential feud between Swagger/Rusev this gives us a chance to see Swagger in a good guy role. I guess it's safe to say the Rose/Swagger feud has halted.

I think this will happen. They're probably going to have it at Summerslam. I don't see any other reason of them teasing it like they just did with Lana and Colter

I also think it looks like they are setting this up, perhaps even as early as MitB, with a potential rematch at SummerSlam. Would this result in a face turn for Swagger do you think?

I also think it looks like they are setting this up, perhaps even as early as MitB, with a potential rematch at SummerSlam. Would this result in a face turn for Swagger do you think?

I'd say it's very possible. There was a thread on here about Rusev becoming WWE US Champ. Could you imagine the heat if the Russian sympathizer became US champion while Lana spit out her Anti American/ Pro Russia message.
The only thing is that Sheamus is the champion right and is set to fight in the Money in The Bank Championship match. Cesaro who Sheamus has been feuding with is also in that match. I can see Swagger keeping Rusev busy until he decides to go for that match so MITB sounds good who knows maybe you're right and Summerslam too.

I actually started fantasy booking this angle in my head as soon as Rusev started parading round the Russian flag and Lana started bashing America.
Here's how I would do it tho..,

First you would have to build Swagger up so he would be an actual threat to Rusev. So no more jobbing to main event talents and start have him win matches clean. I'd still keep him heel as this goes on.

While this is going on have Rusev fued with Sheamus and win the U.S title. For extra heat I'd have Lana stamp the Russian flag over it (much like Lance Storm in WCW days)

So now you a have a match placed on Raw between Swagger and a random face - let's say Sheamus for arguments sake. Have Rusev interrupt the match and start putting a beating on Sheamus..until Swagger makes the save and turns face! Now we have a decent storyline fued for the U.S title with Swagger as the ultimate face real American trying to take back the U.S title

I think this will happen. They're probably going to have it at Summerslam. I don't see any other reason of them teasing it like they just did with Lana and Colter

What about Battleground? Two months is a long time to keep a feud fresh especially with somebody like Jack Swagger.

Seeing how last year went with his feud with Del Rio, the buzz died quick. Had there been a March pay per view, match would have been more meaningful

It does look as though they're setting something up between them. Colter & Lana have been going at each other a bit on Twitter as of late, which usually doesn't happen unless WWE plans to have them involved in some sort of program.

At this point, however, I can't say that I'm at all interested in this feud because all they've done with Swagger since he & Cesaro parted ways is to job him out. In fact, the only win I can recall Swagger getting in the past couple of months was over Santino recently. He's been made to look like a fool against Adam Rose, so if a feud with Rusev is in the works, WWE needs to turn things around for Swagger and build him up a bit before the actual feud starts. That is, of course, unless they ultimately intend to serve him up as a sacrificial lamb to Rusev in order to make him look more like a beast. I'd see that as a waste because it's not as if Swagger is much of a threat as of late and there are other guys on the totem pole right now with greater credibility that'd serve that purpose better than Swagger.

Swagger also beat Sin Cara. I would like to see him turn face and feud against Rusev. I'd presume Rusev would win, but it seems like it would be an interesting match. Even though Rusev's fight with Big E was met with jeers from the crowd, I liked it because Big E provided a challenge for Rusev.

However, I suspect they'll just go for a triple threat resolution to this feud, as Swagger and Rusev continue to antagonize Big E. So I expect another "RVD Vs Cesaro Vs Swagger" situation, where Rusev will probably come out on top.

If anything, I see this as a mini feud to keep the heat on Rusev and continue to build him. Overcoming the 'real american american' will only add to his stock and make him even more credible.

I think we can all guess who is going to be up next to face Rusev - possibly at Summerslam :)

Sounds like they're revealing the next jobber Rusev's going to squash ahead of time. I get that they want Rusev looking strong in his monster heel run but it's hard to get excited or even care when the people he's beating loses to almost everyone they face on a weekly basis.

There is a little more interest in this case since Jack has never been face and I'm sure Zeb can easily get the crowd on his side, so there is a small chance that something good will come out of this. Although it's much more likely that Swagger will just end up jobbing to heels instead of faces like Kofi, Ryder and Ziggler are doing now..

It seems like a good idea, but where do they go AFTER this feud? Swagger and Zeb are better as heels. We would be stuck with a potentially akward face Swagger and a less entertaining face Zeb. The promos of Zeb whining about what faces need to be deported are funny. That type of material wouldn't come off right if he swapped roles and talked about deporting foreign heels. Then there's the issue of what they could possibly do after the Rusev feud. Maybe a US Championship run, but I doubt it would be any better than Swagger's last run with that belt. Not without a heel Zeb's promos to generate interest in Swagger's title matches.

This storyline should go to someone else. Rusev's opponent no matter who they are would get cheered at the way he's going. In my case it is partially for the anti-american comments Lana is sneaking into her promos, and partially for how much Rusev sucks. I can't stand him. I'll root for a good number of people on the roster right now if they got put up against Rusev. This idea seems good at first, I have to disagree with it though as in the long run it would not benefit Swagger and Zeb as much as them remaining heels would. It's not worth it.

It seems like a good idea, but where do they go AFTER this feud? Swagger and Zeb are better as heels.

Yes. In fact, Zeb is a born heel and I can't even envision him as a face, although we've been surprised before by sudden changes in character. Plus, WWE has the built-in flexibility to cast a bad guy as a super patriot (think: Sergeant Slaughter early in his career), which would have been a hell of a trick in most segments of American society.

Yet, if The Real Americans go after Rusev/Lana, it's obvious whom the fans are going to get behind, right? For pure logic, you'd think WWE management would keep the two factions as far away from each other as possible.

On the other hand, it might be a kick to root for Swagger and Zeb, simply because the reverse psychology of doing so might make some interesting theater. They might very well go with this for awhile......but will surely switch the Real Americans back to heel after the program runs it's course.

In the end, Jack Swagger needs someone with him. As much as WWE has striven to make him a singles performer, I think it's been proven repeatedly he doesn't have the strength of character to go it alone. Zeb Colter's mouth allows Jack to do what he does best..... wrestle. The face/heel aspects of the team revolve around Zeb, not Jack.

Meanwhile, I don't share other folks' dislike of Rusev. Yes, the character he's portraying has been done before, but I like this guy's ring repertoire and stoic demeanor. If WWE wants to give Swagger a brief run as a face, I can't think of anyone better to oppose him than Rusev.

I would actually have them team. In real life, Tea Party types love Putin. Wrestling and all art is best when it reflects life. Do the same here. Not a full blown tag team, but buds I guess you'd say. Mutual respect maybe.

Lots of people talking about heel/face. Heel/face at this point is simply your reaction, not how you act. When Swags says "WE THE PEOPLE" people chant it because they like who he is. How he's acting, they like. He's a face. Don't care if he cheats, still a face. Just like Cena is a heel to some people. His good guy schtick annoys them. If you did book them against each other, Zeb and Swagger need to act however gets them the biggest reaction. Reactions are all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back