• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Rusev VS Swagger be at Battleground or Summerslam?

fouldsy91

Pre-Show Stalwart
As all of you probably know by now, Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter have turned face and started a feud with Rusev, and Jack Swagger got the biggest reaction he has ever received.

However, Battleground is 2 and a half weeks away. This could be a big angle imo. That means they only have 2 Raw's and 2 Smackdown's to build the feud for a B pay per view which I don't think is enough time.

Alternatives for Battleground could be they both enter the Intercontinental title battle royal where you could enter both competitors and have them eliminate each other (I think Cesaro will win) or have Rusev destroy another "jobber" and Swagger takes him out after the match.

This seems like a match that would make the SummerSlam card seem great the way it's lining up, and I'm not even a fan of Rusev. I like Swagger, but as shown he can be unreliable with injuries and taking drugs.

I think that the card so far looks really good for SummerSlam if it is actually:
Cena v Lesnar
Orton/HHH v Reigns
Wyatt v Jericho

Adding a match such as this would be a big addition to the undercard, so I'm picking SummerSlam, what's your opinions?

It'll be on both pay per views due to the bullshit finish on the first. Then the big blowoff match will be on the third pay per view because they want to make Night Of Champions mean something to increase network subscriptions.

I just hope the first one's decent. Soooo much potential.

I agree, I think it will take place at both PPVs, and possibly a third. Here's how I would book it:

Battleground: Rusev puts Swagger in the Accolade, and Swagger gets out of it, unsettling Lana, who orders Rusev to retreat. Rusev takes off up the ramp, Swagger wins by countout.

SummerSlam: No Countout Match - Swagger once again escapes the Accolade, and traps Rusev in the Patriot Lock. Lana runs in with a chair and hits Swagger, causing a disqualification.

Night of Champions: No Holds Barred Match (with both Lana and Zeb Colter banned from ringside) - Both men brutally beat each other, but Swagger eventually locks in the Patriot Lock and forces Rusev to tap out, gaining the first decisive victory over Rusev. Later, Lana demands a rematch, stating that she wasn't there to "focus" Rusev, so a fourth and final match occurs on RAW or SmackDown, with Swagger cleanly beating Rusev again. Swagger moves on to bigger things, while Rusev continues to compete as a midcard heel.

Why not simply do both? Book their first match at Battleground and have it be a physical, back & forth clash that gets out of hand, resulting in a double DQ. Even then, they continue to go at it all over the arena until referees and a good portion of mid-carders from the locker room come out and separate them after a couple of failed attempts.

Use the momentum and buzz generated from the match to build up another bout at SummerSlam as some sort of no disqualification match with a stipulation that the only way to win is by forcing your opponent to tap out. I figured it'd be fitting since both of them rely on submission holds as their finisher.

That's just my opinion on it, though I have a feeling WWE will eventually go for something like a flag match in which the guy has to climb a pole to retrieve the other guy's flag to score the win.

Batlleground. Why? Because one half of the match involves Jack Swagger. Nobody cares about Jack Swagger anymore and whilst people might've given him a solid reaction on Monday, his sole purpose it to put over Rusev.

Meh, Battleground.

I'm not convinced that the reaction to Swagger had anything to do with him. I think it had more to do with Lana and Rusev getting solid heat, and Zeb Colter putting on just another fantastic promo. Let's see Swagger carry the pop he got into some other feud, and then I'll buy it.

Battleground. A Sheamus-Rusev feud over the US championship this summer is bigger than a Swagger-Rusev feud. I loved Swagger's face turn and Zeb Colter is awesome. I don't see Swagger as a main event talent, but not everyone needs to be a main event talent. Swagger can be a strong mid card champion. I would book it like this...

Rusev takes out Swagger at Battleground, preferably beating him by pinfall rather than submission. Rusev then feuds with Sheamus over the US championship while Swagger's out. Sheamus could be the first superstar to defeat Rusev. Rusev defeats Sheamus in their rematch at NOC and then could probably bring back the European championship for the time being. Rusev and Sheamus can probably have a rematch at Hell in a Cell and then the two can be involved in the traditional survivor series tag team match. Swagger returns for Survivor Series and is also a part of the tag match and then they reinstate their feud. It can go on until Elimination Chamber next year probably when Swagger dethrones Rusev, while Rusev can begin a major program for Wrestlemania and Swagger can have a strong reign as US champ.

One of the following:

(1) Swagger eliminates Rusev at the Battleground battle royal. The fans go wild. Rusev seeks revenge at SummerSlam.

(2) Double elimination at Battleground. They brawl afterward ala Piper-Brown. Stage is set for SummerSlam.

(3) One of the two win the IC Title, and they do battle for the strap at SummerSlam.

Either way, the battle royal should advance the feud. The payoff should be at SummerSlam.

Rusev needs a serious challenger and has yet to have one. Swagger is a wrestling machine,and can provide such a challenge and match him strength for strength. Swagger is a big Hoss,and i agree why not do both..

Its going to be a very physical battle,and at battleground have a Double DQ i say,resulting in both men just beating the daylights out of each other... Then at Summerslam i say have Swagger go over,in a flag match. Have Swagger raise the American Flago over his head, thus turning him and Zeb Face!!

Just Battleground.

As much as I'd love to see a Zeb Coulter led "Real American" best Rusev, it's not going to be Jack Swagger. Rusev will beat Swagger clean at Battleground (if they fight) and were they to extend to Summerslam, Rusev would win clean there as well.

Rusev (read Lana) has garnered a lot of heat, and WWE is not going to blow that load on Swagger. Rusev is going to mow through Swagger and then guys like Big Show and Sheamus before he's ultimately fed to Cena.

After John beats him clean three ppv's in a row, I give Rusev two months before he will be jobbing to Adam Rose on Main Event.

The way I see it is it's being built as a big match. Swagger has injured people in the past year but I still think he has a lot of potential if he's given the right gimmick and this seems to be it. I know he's not Brock Lesnar, but Brock Lesnar has relied on Heyman for most of his career, and whilst Swagger will most likely never reach those heights, Dutch Mantell can provide that for him. Swagger is apparently a legit tough guy and shouldn't be viewed as a laughing stock.

At Battleground I'd either have them both in the Battle Royal or in a single's match that leads to a Double DQ. At SummerSlam, I'd have Swagger passing out to the Accolade showing he never gave up, but Rusev still wins.

The gimmick of a foreign monster heel is destined to put over a babyface, so I don't see Rusev ever maintaining an upper-card status.

Swagger is a perfect choice to face Rusev right now. Since Rusev has been on the main roster, he's pretty much defeated agile middleweights (R-Truth & Xavier Woods) and a strong heavyweight (Big E). Swagger is a perfect new contender because he's big, agile, and technically proficient most of the time.*

However, I agree with others and think Swagger will lose this feud and Rusev will continue on an undefeated streak a while longer.
I'd like to see some kind of gimmick match at Battleground that is interrupted and then see a decisive pinfall match at SummerSlam, with Rusev defeating Swagger. Both superstars would get a push.

*When he's not injuring people. A contradiction, obviously.

Just Battleground.

As much as I'd love to see a Zeb Coulter led "Real American" best Rusev, it's not going to be Jack Swagger. Rusev will beat Swagger clean at Battleground (if they fight) and were they to extend to Summerslam, Rusev would win clean there as well.

Rusev (read Lana) has garnered a lot of heat, and WWE is not going to blow that load on Swagger. Rusev is going to mow through Swagger and then guys like Big Show and Sheamus before he's ultimately fed to Cena.

After John beats him clean three ppv's in a row, I give Rusev two months before he will be jobbing to Adam Rose on Main Event.

I agree, only Battleground. WWE has more important matches to book for Summerslam.

I think the match up between the two is just a way for Rusev to have a credible opponent since he's pretty much beat up the same midcarders Bo Dallas did.

I could see him finally facing Cena early 2015. It's still guys like Show, Henry, Sheamus for Rusev to face in the meantime.

Hopefully Rusev is US Champion while he feuds with Cena so he just won't be jobbing to Adam Rose

I can see this lasting till SS or beyond if they really felt like it. On paper Rusev, the current squasher of jobbers vs Swagger, the jobber to almost everyone for all of 2014(and a good chuck of 2013) isn't very exciting, at all. However the promos between Zeb and Lana will help keep this interesting and a decent length feud will help extend the shelf life of Rusev's monster heel run.

Swagger will continue to get easy face pops thanks to Zeb, but after what just happened to BNB on top of all the other big red marks in Swagger's history I can't see backstage pushing him after this. Still this will probably be the best run he's going to get from here on out so here's hoping they make it more interesting than just a Rusev squash.

I think it should take place at battleground since they already started the feud and swagger to russev really don't have anything better to do then if they decide to continue it into summerslam then that will be fine but after that they need to moves on

I think this should take place at BOTH!
Have the Battleground match end under questionable circumstances so the feud can continue then reach its climax at SummerSlam with a flag match(possibly turning Swagger face?)

I see the match ending up taking place at both shows. Big E got two matches, so will Swagger. I think that Swagger will get better matches out of Rusev than Big E did although I doubt it will be anything to write home about. Rusev sucks. The first one will likely take place at Battleground with a rematch, probably with some type of gimmick, taking place at Summerslam. As much as I dislike the guy, Rusev is probably winning both matches if they take place at both shows. I doubt that a face Swagger is who they want to be the one to defeat Rusev.... I'm fairly convinced it will be a bigger name like Cena or Orton. I would mark out if Swagger got the win, however. That would be a great way to establish him as a face since WWE are going that route. We'll just see what happens.

It looks like this match will make the Battleground card, with a rematch primed for Summerslam.

I think at Battleground, we could see Zeb Colter turn on Swagger and join forces with Rusev, kinda like Slaughter did all those years ago. Colter as a heel is golden, I don't see it working as a face for him although 'We The People' is getting over huge.

A turn on Swagger would protect Swaggers loss. Then at Summerslam I think a 'Flag On A Pole' match would be a great rematch. Swagger can win this one 'for America' and at the same time Rusev is still protected from the loss as he has never been pinned.

The only thing with this scenario is Swagger needs a mouth piece. Colter is one of the best talkers in the business and no idea who could replace him. Hmmm, Vince McMahon is HUGELY patriotic. It could work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back