Are today's fans cyber bullies?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Daniel bryan release a statement today about the whole Liz morgan getting injured by Brie bella and he brought up the fact that fans were cyber bullies for what they did to his wife throughout the week.

And i feel that it's a subject that's no being discuss enough on the internet, the fact that sometimes, because of social media being what it is, fans can go a little bit too far with some of their comments. This week alone was proof at how nasty some fans can be but not just fans but the wrestling media as well. This was a huge story that shouldn't have been one but it became one because of who it was. Fans went on a tirade blaming Brie for injuring Liv and calling here all sort of name just because they don't like her or she not one of the thousand of indy wrestlers that would do much worst then what brie did.

I feel that social media is great when use properly but it also gave so much freedom to a lot o moron that thing that just because they can hide behind a fake name, they can say what ever they want without consequences. Cyber bullying is something that shouldn't exist, not in wrestling or any other situation but sadly some peoples really don't care how much word can hurt a person even if they are type on social media. Someday, i really hope that wrestling fans will think before writing their opinion but sadly i doubt that it will happen.

Lol, yes. That's the nature of the internet community as a whole though. Go on any Reddit thread, facebook post, forum, or form of social media right now and you'll see people ripping the shit out of each other, the president, celebrities, a baby, a dog, a tree... you get the point. You say people THINK they can say whatever they want without consequences on the internet but that's not true. People CAN say whatever they want on the interweb without consequences, well, for the most part at least, and that's why it's such a powerful tool for idiots, trolls, and just plain scummy human beings.

This place is actually extremely tame compared to most other outlets, which is why I frequent this site more than I do others. Still, that's the nature of the beast. If you have a large presence on social media, like Brie Bella does, you have to expect to face criticism, warranted or unwarranted, on a daily basis. That will never change.

I respect that DB is trying to protect his wife but he's a little late to the party. The internet is full of assholes or at least people being assholes. I wonder how righteous he was being when people talked shit about Stephanie when they thought she was actually holding him back.

Yeah, pretty much. You go to any sort of forum or comments section for just about any website or news story on the web and what do you see more than anything else? People saying needlessly negative and, in many cases, downright horrible things about anything and everything. You go to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or whatever, you'll see VASTLY more people engage in shitty behavior than people trying to do or say something productive. Hell, much of the time, comments or messages meant to be productive often come off as these passive aggressive, self-righteous pecker slaps to the face.

Daniel bryan release a statement today about the whole Liz morgan getting injured by Brie bella and he brought up the fact that fans were cyber bullies for what they did to his wife throughout the week.

And i feel that it's a subject that's no being discuss enough on the internet, the fact that sometimes, because of social media being what it is, fans can go a little bit too far with some of their comments. This week alone was proof at how nasty some fans can be but not just fans but the wrestling media as well. This was a huge story that shouldn't have been one but it became one because of who it was. Fans went on a tirade blaming Brie for injuring Liv and calling here all sort of name just because they don't like her or she not one of the thousand of indy wrestlers that would do much worst then what brie did.

I feel that social media is great when use properly but it also gave so much freedom to a lot o moron that thing that just because they can hide behind a fake name, they can say what ever they want without consequences. Cyber bullying is something that shouldn't exist, not in wrestling or any other situation but sadly some peoples really don't care how much word can hurt a person even if they are type on social media. Someday, i really hope that wrestling fans will think before writing their opinion but sadly i doubt that it will happen.

Full disclosure. I didn't watch the RAW where this happened, but did know about it by reading the spoilers. I also didn't see all the negative comments about Brie Bella on social media, because I don't really go about looking this stuff up afterwards.

I applaud Daniel Bryan for coming out and defending his wife but lets face facts. With all due respect Brie Bella isn't the most accomplished female wrestler in the ring. This was even before the year or more she took off to have a baby. Ever since the women's revolution started, it's been quite obvious that both Bella's are out of their league with the new crop of women. Both have been around for a long time and I would still consider them Diva's to be quite honest. I just don't think they are as good as let's say a Charlotte, Becky, Asuka or most of the rest.

They are very good at their reality shows and really that's were they should have remained. Now I don't think that is being a cyber bully, I just think that's an honest opinion from someone who has watched for a long time now. Brie had an excuse for retiring, which is what I thought happened. Nikki, no idea what's going on with her. She took time off when Cena did and now she's back, why? She wasn't injured this time as far as I know. Anyway, both of them should just hang it up, Brie has her baby too look after and God only knows what Nikki does with her time. Like I said they are both out of their depth and it is showing.

Nothing more pathetic to me than an online tough guy bully as I'm quite sure the majority of these people would in no way say these things to their face. People get injured in wrestling all the time and some have even died in the ring it's a physical sport, I didn't see anyone blame Rey Mysterio, Dlo Brown or Marty Jannetty for example and rightly so as accidents happen.

Full disclosure. I didn't watch the RAW where this happened, but did know about it by reading the spoilers. I also didn't see all the negative comments about Brie Bella on social media, because I don't really go about looking this stuff up afterwards.

I applaud Daniel Bryan for coming out and defending his wife but lets face facts. With all due respect Brie Bella isn't the most accomplished female wrestler in the ring. This was even before the year or more she took off to have a baby. Ever since the women's revolution started, it's been quite obvious that both Bella's are out of their league with the new crop of women. Both have been around for a long time and I would still consider them Diva's to be quite honest. I just don't think they are as good as let's say a Charlotte, Becky, Asuka or most of the rest.

They are very good at their reality shows and really that's were they should have remained. Now I don't think that is being a cyber bully, I just think that's an honest opinion from someone who has watched for a long time now. Brie had an excuse for retiring, which is what I thought happened. Nikki, no idea what's going on with her. She took time off when Cena did and now she's back, why? She wasn't injured this time as far as I know. Anyway, both of them should just hang it up, Brie has her baby too look after and God only knows what Nikki does with her time. Like I said they are both out of their depth and it is showing.

That's the problem right here, fans refused to give the Bellas any credit, Nikki is one of the most hardest working girls in the WWE, it takes a lot of effect to be a professional wrestler and to stay in shape like that. Nikki has worked hard and improved as a worker during her record title run.has given Paige some of her most memorable matches in WWE History...She can work a match just fine, her mic skills are fine in terms of quality and will be better served as a heel. she’s a way better wrestler than the Lana's, Alexa Blisses, and Carmelllas of the world.

Nikki has improved tremendously from when she first started became the longest reigning divas champion ever, has had classic matches, was PWI #1 Female superstar of 2015.. I have her at the same leave as Billie Kay, and Peyton Royce, She's better than Liv and Brie is one of the safest wrestlers around right now she's rusty but should be find, over-time... Your Comment is a little outdated.

Your Comment is a little outdated, times has changed just because female wrestlers have children'' does not mean they should just give up their careers. They can still be part-time wrestlers, the same goes towards older female wrestlers, I don't think Trish ever thought, she could step in the ring ever again due to her age she's 42...

Times have changed, She's in great shape and has decided to come back all because she got that itch again..

EDIT, As for Nikki she came back from two career threatening injuries

Last edited:
My thoughts , WWE fans are some of the worst peoples you could ever find. Sure you will have some exceptions,these peoples are never happy and the way they treat other wrestlers who entertained them is shocking. if you remember Cameron felt the SAME Way and called Wrestling Fans Cyber Bullies which cased a massive outrage. I think many female wrestlers feel the same way and it's why they hit that block button quickly on Twitter. Females will always,stick together when push comes to shove..

The Bellas are respected by their peers, Natalya, Paige, Alexa, Charlotte loves them and I'm sure wants them to stay,some of the haters are idiotic, they've never even stepped a foot in a ring and probably have never gone to a serious wrestling show in their life, considering the IWC- They are more armchair fans, not the fans you see in the crowds, my point is unless they have a pair of boots and experience what the Bellas experienced day and night, they should be,quite..They don't have to love the Bellas based on their wrestling work but they should cool it being
judge-mental...

Sadly, when it comes to the internet wrestling fans of this era are sexist,racist cyber elitists bullies.

My thoughts , WWE fans are some of the worst peoples you could ever find. Sure you will have some exceptions,these peoples are never happy and the way they treat other wrestlers who entertained them is shocking. if you remember Cameron felt the SAME Way and called Wrestling Fans Cyber Bullies which cased a massive outrage. I think many female wrestlers feel the same way and it's why they hit that block button quickly on Twitter. Females will always,stick together when push comes to shove..

The Bellas are respected by their peers, Natalya, Paige, Alexa, Charlotte loves them and I'm sure wants them to stay,some of the haters are idiotic, they've never even stepped a foot in a ring and probably have never gone to a serious wrestling show in their life, considering the IWC- They are more armchair fans, not the fans you see in the crowds, my point is unless they have a pair of boots and experience what the Bellas experienced day and night, they should be,quite..They don't have to love the Bellas based on their wrestling work but they should cool it being
judge-mental...

Sadly, when it comes to the internet wrestling fans of this era are sexist,racist cyber elitists bullies.

Aren't you taking this just a little bit to seriously here? I don't think I disrespected the Bella's in any way, shape or form. If speaking my opinion as I see it, no matter if it's different from your's, just means we don't think the same. And the Bella's aren't as good as a Charlotte, Becky or Sasha and they never will be. You forget that when Nikki has her winning streak a lot of the top names in the women's division today were still in NXT. Besides her record breaking streak was designed to get AJ Lee's name off the books. As soon as she broke the record, she dropped the title not long after.

Listen the Bella's are fine, I just don't think they are the future of women's wrestling anymore. That's not being a bully that's being honest. I'm not a professional wrestler but I know who I like better in the ring. Again that is not being a bully, it's personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back