Are Sasha and Charlotte Doomed To Rinse And Repeat Forever?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know about you, but I'm totally done with Sasha Banks and Charlotte after the Hell in a Cell match.

Pretty much since WrestleMania, we have seen these two trade wins back and forth and trade Championships back and forth too. Charlotte and Sasha, ultimately, have become the biggest names in women's wrestling on the red brand of WWE. so much so that, in this person's opinion, they have smothered everything underneath them, to the point where they are the only real women's feud on Raw.

Don't get me wrong, this feud started off hot. And what's more, this feud should have had everything going for it. Being honest, it hasn't been totally bad. Sasha and Charlotte seem to have a lot of history behind them and the feud has become deeply personal and bitter. But am I the only one that is sick of seeing these two rinse and repeat the same story over and over again? It's such a shame to me that Bayley was briefly involved in this feud up in her debut, and has now been relegated to being a real non-entity because of it continuing to drag on. But this thread isn't about Bayley. She is, unfortunately, just the collateral from this feud.

For me though, thus should be the match that ends this feud once and for all. They have a huge stipulation that will break ground for the women of the WWE forever more. But this needs to be the end. I haven't been enjoying Raw for a few weeks and I think that Sasha and Charlotte have to shoulder some of the blame for that. They have a good couple of matches and have brought the best out in each other at various points in time. But at what point do you draw the line and give someone else a chance to shine? Raw has a few talents that deserve to given some time and a spotlight and its time for Sasha or Charlotte to step aside and let them have it.

So am I alone in this? What say you?

Doomed? I think it's awesome. They have a great rivalry, and yeah I'm sure it'll be on and off forever....which is a good thing. They have great chemistry and are great opponents for each other.

Then again, I liked Jericho-Styles when this whole board was crying for it to end.

This seems to be an odd time to make this post though, a week before the likely blowoff(for now) Hell in a Cell match to their feud. Something "new" appears to be right around the corner. Bayley will surely get a major push at some point, what's the rush?

Doomed? I think it's awesome. They have a great rivalry, and yeah I'm sure it'll be on and off forever....which is a good thing. They have great chemistry and are great opponents for each other.

Then again, I liked Jericho-Styles when this whole board was crying for it to end.

This seems to be an odd time to make this post though, a week before the likely blowoff(for now) Hell in a Cell match to their feud. Something "new" appears to be right around the corner. Bayley will surely get a major push at some point, what's the rush?

I wouldn't say I've been in a rush. These tow have pretty much been at each other's throats since WrestleMania and that was 7 months ago. Seeing the same thing, time and time again, has just worn me down. I enjoy Charlotte a tonne and like Sasha a little. But I think their best moments together are behind them. I'm hoping that the Hell in a Cell match proves me wrong but I still believe that is a natural stopping point.

They remind me a lot of John Cena and Randy Orton from yesteryear. We know they are the two best at that point in time but that should restrict them to only working with each other. Bayley is bound to have exceptional matches with either and even Nia Jax or Dana Brooke could be doing with having a rivalry with either. If you have two top level talents, it make sense to spit them up and bring on two other talents in the process. I firmly believe that time is now.

I think there are plenty of talented ladies who will be thrown into the mix in future months.

But what you have with Sasha and Charlotte is no different that what we saw with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. It's a logical progression that's being continued from NXT. Unfortunately for you, there's going to be quite a few of these storylines in the coming years based on the number of NXT talents that are now on the main roster.

Plus, it's kind of hard to argue that Sasha and Charlotte are not heads and shoulders above everyone else, right now. Nicki Bella and Paige would be on their level, IMO, but one is barely back from injury and a shadow of herself, while the other has went all CM Punk on the company. Bayley is the exception to that comment.

A lot of the ladies look good in the ring against each other, like Naomi and Alexa Bliss or Nikki and Carmella, but their adequacies would fully be reflected if they're in the ring with Sasha or Charlotte.

I've enjoyed the feud and can't really say I have many, if any, real complaints. I think they've had a strong rivalry, certainly the strongest among women in WWE history that I can think of, but I think it would've already been over had Sasha not been injured.

When Sasha won the title on the July 25th episode of Raw, the plan seemed to be for Charlotte to have her rematch and for the feud to be blown off. However, as sometimes happens, the plan went awry due to injurie issues with Sasha. So, in a way, Vince hit the reset button and had Charlotte drop the strap to Sasha on Raw once again and set up the match for Hell in a Cell. If a match inside the Cell isn't a blow off to the program, then I don't know what is as there's just really nowhere else to go with this program. It's the first Cell match for women in WWE history, the two have shown that they can tear it up when given the opportunity and the pressure is on for them to deliver a crazy physical match.

I've enjoyed the feud as well and think that Charlotte has come into her own because of it. But the OP is right, it's almost like they've forgotten about the rest of the women on the RAW roster.

Bayley and Nia Jax are wrestling jobbers now, Paige is off with Del Rio and who knows if she will ever come back, Dana is shadowing Charlotte, so they don't really have much of a choice. Emma is due back soon as well.

SD live has managed though to get more than just Becky and Bliss involved. There is the ongoing Carmella vs Nikki Bella thing happening as well, but it just doesn't seem to come off as important as Sasha and Charlotte, with them being given a Hell match and all. Don't know why Naomi and Nattie aren't in the mix though, Eva Marie has all but disappeared as well.

While it's great that the women are being featured and exploring new territory, it has been about Sasha and Charlotte, the women of SD are an afterthought. But even the afterthoughts have better booking. This is why the women should all have been left on one show.

It's probably on hiatus after HIAC. I'm not sure what replaces it. Bayley does not seem close to ready. They really haven't established her enough on Raw similar to the way Sasha took time to get established through the Divas Revolution. They will probably get some time away from any championship feud with the SS Women's match and then that will create a new feud for whoever is the champ in a meaningless December feud.

But I think I'd rather take a chance on keeping a good to great Sasha/Charlotte feud going then some throwaway but that is what December is all about.

No offense to the OP is intended at all, but the premise of this thread is the main reason why I think wrestling will never grow to the heights that it once was ever again. The majority of the vocal fans are so fickle, heavily supporting wrestlers they feel are underutilized and then as soon as they get their shine the fans turn on them for either "selling out", "becoming stale" or "stealing the spotlight from the next underutilized wrestler".

What I think some people fail to understand is that almost every feud that we now hold as sacred/legendary required 2 wrestlers to face off many times. Now I know WWE Creative likes to have people face each other every week repeatedly with no storyline development whatsoever but Sasha/Charlotte is a rare case of them actually caring about a feud. These women are unquestionably the 2 most over female wrestlers in WWE (don't worry Bayley you'll get there again) and they already have several classic matches on the main roster under their belt. For such a revolutionary match (did you ever imagine they'd let women inside HIAC???) they had to choose 2 women they could trust and 2 women that the fans would care about. IMO no one even comes close to being worthy. Now I also will admit that they seem to be on a completely different pedestal from everyone else on RAW and I really don't know where they're going to go after this feud but as long as these girls keep putting on high-level performances you won't hear a peep out of me.

Regardless of what happens in the cell, this feud will be solidified as one of (if not THE) greatest women's feud in WWE history. I am almost certain this is something that will be revisited a year or two down the line to milk more money, but don't worry this is very common. Look at Rock/HHH, Rock/Austin, Bret/HBK, Cena/Orton, Lita/Trish, Hardys/Edge&Christian, and literally every classic feud that you hold in your memory dearly. Long live the Revolution

Personally I've been sick of this feud since the first raw of the brand split. For me they screwed up the ending of this feud twice already. Sasha should hav won the belt at summerslam since it's a bigger show then even the first raw of the brand split. Then she got injured before summerslam and they had to put the belt back on charlotte only to screw up again since against, the biggest win for sasha would have been winning the belt inside hell in the cell in front of her hometown intead of giving her the clean win for the belt on raw again.

this match at hell in the cell means nothing since the heat in this feud is pretty much all gone since sasha won the belt on raw and while I not really looking foward to sasha's next feud with whoever's left and charlotte's feud with dana brooke, at less it will be bttr then this.

There's absolutely ntohing wrong with building a great feud that you can always go back to and rely on. Sasha and Charlotte are both over and they work well together. They're basically the reason for the rise of women's wrestling. That being said, I agree that it's time for this particular chapter to close, but there definitely will be another chapter in the future.

Sasha should win the HIAC match to retain the title. Either way, it's clear that Bayley will be the next in line to chase the belt. Bayley is a great underdog babyface, and she is perfectly suited for the role of the challenger. Have Bayley and Charlotte feud over who should challenge Sasha. Bayley can say that Charlotte had her chance, and now it's Bayley's time. Charlotte can say that Bayley is beneath her, and that she was born to be champion.

Build this up to the first ever Women's Royal Rumble. Take the top 10 women, 5 from Raw and 5 from SamckDown, and do a Rumble style match with the winner getting a title shot at WrestleMania. Because of the underdog thing, Bayley is the perfect wrestler for this match. Have her go the distance and overcome the odds to eliminate Charlotte in the end, earning her title shot at WrestleMania. Afterwards, Bayley's best friend and the Raw Women's Champion, Sasha Banks, comes in and raises Bayley's hand. She hugs her and congratulates her. Then boom, Sasha decks Bayley from behind and lays her out, turning heel.

Haing Sasha turn on her friend Bayley is the best way to turn her heel and actually put heat on her, while at the same time building sympathy for Bayley as she chases the belt heading into WrestleMania. At the same time, this is a catalyst for Charlotte's babyface transition, as Bayley's performance in the Rumble can earn her Charlotte's respect. You can set-up a tag team match with Bayley and Charlotte teaming against Sasha Banks and a new bodyguard character. It makes sense that the "boss" would have a bodyguard. Maybe Charlotte's old bodyguard Dana Brooke now aligns with Sasha. Then at WrestleMania, Bayley faces Sasha for the belt. Dana tries to help her boss Sasha, but Charlotte intervenes and takes her out. Bayley goes over Sasha to become the new champion. You've jsut made a star.

Now Sasha would be heel and Charlotte would be face, so if you return to the feud their roles will be reversed and it will feel fresh. Plus Bayley has been established.

I wouldn't say I've been in a rush. These tow have pretty much been at each other's throats since WrestleMania and that was 7 months ago. Seeing the same thing, time and time again, has just worn me down. I enjoy Charlotte a tonne and like Sasha a little. But I think their best moments together are behind them. I'm hoping that the Hell in a Cell match proves me wrong but I still believe that is a natural stopping point.

They remind me a lot of John Cena and Randy Orton from yesteryear. We know they are the two best at that point in time but that should restrict them to only working with each other. Bayley is bound to have exceptional matches with either and even Nia Jax or Dana Brooke could be doing with having a rivalry with either. If you have two top level talents, it make sense to spit them up and bring on two other talents in the process. I firmly believe that time is now.
I guess you forgot something.

You're right in considering that Wrestlemania 32 has happened almost 7 months ago.

BUT Sasha-Charlotte didn't continue since that event. Sasha took a 2.5+ month hiatus and returned in late June. I guess that she took it for her marriage. But that's 2.5+ out from the 7 months you mentioned.

Plus this feud would've ended at Summerslam if Sasha didn't get injured. Then it was known that she didn't need a surgery and thus she returned a lot earlier than expected. If you consider these things, it makes the whole feud much better. It would've been a 2-month feud if Sasha didn't get injured. Now it's a 4-month feud with pretty good matches.

I have been enjoying this feud more than Reigns' feud with Rusev and Owens' feud with Rollins (Are they really engaged in a feud? :suspic: ). It consists of the right intensity of emotions.

EDIT: It shouldn't continue past Hell In A Cell PPV. Same with Rusev-Reigns and Owens-Rollins.

I don't know about you, but I'm totally done with Sasha Banks and Charlotte after the Hell in a Cell match.

Pretty much since WrestleMania, we have seen these two trade wins back and forth and trade Championships back and forth too. Charlotte and Sasha, ultimately, have become the biggest names in women's wrestling on the red brand of WWE. so much so that, in this person's opinion, they have smothered everything underneath them, to the point where they are the only real women's feud on Raw.

Don't get me wrong, this feud started off hot. And what's more, this feud should have had everything going for it. Being honest, it hasn't been totally bad. Sasha and Charlotte seem to have a lot of history behind them and the feud has become deeply personal and bitter. But am I the only one that is sick of seeing these two rinse and repeat the same story over and over again? It's such a shame to me that Bayley was briefly involved in this feud up in her debut, and has now been relegated to being a real non-entity because of it continuing to drag on. But this thread isn't about Bayley. She is, unfortunately, just the collateral from this feud.

For me though, thus should be the match that ends this feud once and for all. They have a huge stipulation that will break ground for the women of the WWE forever more. But this needs to be the end. I haven't been enjoying Raw for a few weeks and I think that Sasha and Charlotte have to shoulder some of the blame for that. They have a good couple of matches and have brought the best out in each other at various points in time. But at what point do you draw the line and give someone else a chance to shine? Raw has a few talents that deserve to given some time and a spotlight and its time for Sasha or Charlotte to step aside and let them have it.

So am I alone in this? What say you?

Yeah I hope this is it for the two of them for a while. I hated they wasted Natayla at the top of the year just so these two can face off so many times.

I'm hoping Sasha turns heel and partner with Charlotte eventually since Bayley will be the top face of the RAW women's roster.

I've enjoyed the feud as well and think that Charlotte has come into her own because of it. But the OP is right, it's almost like they've forgotten about the rest of the women on the RAW roster.

Bayley and Nia Jax are wrestling jobbers now, Paige is off with Del Rio and who knows if she will ever come back, Dana is shadowing Charlotte, so they don't really have much of a choice. Emma is due back soon as well.

SD live has managed though to get more than just Becky and Bliss involved. There is the ongoing Carmella vs Nikki Bella thing happening as well, but it just doesn't seem to come off as important as Sasha and Charlotte, with them being given a Hell match and all. Don't know why Naomi and Nattie aren't in the mix though, Eva Marie has all but disappeared as well.

While it's great that the women are being featured and exploring new territory, it has been about Sasha and Charlotte, the women of SD are an afterthought. But even the afterthoughts have better booking. This is why the women should all have been left on one show.

I'm curious to see how they go about with Jax and Bayley. Logically, you would have Jax face Sasha next. Then have Charlotte vs. Bayley but it wouldn't surprise me if Dana gets a big push and gets Sasha next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back